Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Backman
owais.usmani
JohninMK
Enera
PeeD
bojcistv
obliqueweapons
Isos
Arrow
miketheterrible
GarryB
MarshallJukov
marcellogo
Zastel
George1
Erlindur
hoom
Rmf
Azi
eehnie
SeigSoloyvov
Singular_Transform
kvs
Batajnica
moskit
victor1985
sepheronx
max steel
Mike E
Swede55
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
nemrod
AlfaT8
macedonian
Rpg type 7v
Hachimoto
Vann7
KomissarBojanchev
Sujoy
SACvet
Firebird
gloriousfatherland
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Russian Patriot
ali.a.r
Corrosion
coolieno99
Notio
Viktor
TheArmenian
ahmedfire
medo
Mindstorm
SOC
TR1
victor7
IronsightSniper
Stealthflanker
Austin
65 posters

Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2?

victor7

Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2? - Page 11 Empty Re: Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2?

Post  victor7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:57 pm

What about the money required to wage a war for regime change in India, where will that come from?

Some say the oil find in the US is worth $200 Trillion. That is huge amounts of money. The oil prices hovering over $70/barrel means extraction would be profitable for the US. Include that in calculations regarding various geopolitics topics in the coming decades.

Russia: If oil prices go down Russian economy will be in a deficit.

China: Several credit and pension type bubbles in vastly bloated economy. Their best hope is US demand is robust to keep them employed in factories.

India: Vast internal inefficiencies, corruption, pollution, population hamper growth, infrastructure is 30 years behind the world, no mega export type industries, that country is just sustaining along some how.

So if 21st century is American century again, then be ready for owners of MNCs in your countries to be implementing their rules and any resistance to that would create tensions and tussles of sorts.

Last edited by victor7 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    victor7

Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2? - Page 11 Empty Re: Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2?

Post  victor7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 pm

China and India are not best buddies but the Chinese are not stupid and will realise if the Yanks are stupid enough to attack India then they could be next on the list. If China does not support India they will at the very least not interfere by helping the US.

In late 90s after Serbia war, Russia wanted to make an alliance with China and India to have some solid backing against the NATO. Both China and India declined.

I doubt that in the event Russia is at war with West, either China or India would come out openly and fight a military war on the side of Russia. Their armies look good only on paper but lack top grade variables. China is extremely selfish country and India is meek nation lacking will power to overcome its own internal problems.
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 pm

victor7 wrote:
    So if 21st century is American century again,
    Hang on.... Slow down! World is going to be multi polar again in about 20 years from now, Oil or no oil in US. China particularly is just beginning to flex its muscles. For now they are just securing their energy supplies. They are people who use their brains to get things done. Of course you are not Chinese(Neither am I) and are outsider who gets his/her info about China from BBCs and CNNs of the world. I would say you have no real clue about China.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 pm

victor7 wrote:
    China and India are not best buddies but the Chinese are not stupid and will realise if the Yanks are stupid enough to attack India then they could be next on the list. If China does not support India they will at the very least not interfere by helping the US.

In late 90s after Serbia war, Russia wanted to make an alliance with China and India to have some solid backing against the NATO. Both China and India declined.

I doubt that in the event Russia is at war with West, either China or India would come out openly and fight a military war on the side of Russia. Their armies look good only on paper but lack top grade variables. China is extremely selfish country and India is meek nation lacking will power to overcome its own internal problems.

1. That was Serbia which has no common border with China or India , so that was logical at the time, correct no ,but logical.

Russia on the other hand is bordered by China and a major weapon supplier of India as proven by Nerpa, Gorshkov, etc...

If Russia was attacked, China would instantly be embroiled in the conflict at least for its own border security.

We all know how Nato violates borders by "accident".

India : India will not want its alternative supplier out of the picture ( they are feed up with U.S pressure about Iran and Kashmir) so to show the West that its not its toy, India will help Russia with hopes of more contracts in return..

Their armies look good only on paper but lack top grade variables. China is extremely selfish country and India is meek nation lacking will power to overcome its own internal problems.

This statement is so filled with hate, I would advise you to be more tolerant of these great nations in their own right. Plus if China was selfish , why does it help the U.S by buying their debt, when no one else wants too.

victor7

Post  victor7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Plus if China was selfish , why does it help the U.S by buying their debt, when no one else wants too.

Because US is powerful and buys ship loads of Chinese goods. Without US demand, China would be in a much worst shape. It is China's hostile behavior which stops India from making an open geopolitical alliance. There is nothing wrong making an alliance for added security. In Cold War times, it was the matter of ideology with west afraid that USSR was out to turn whole world into communist. Now no such expansionist fear now. However, China has shown its bully behavior to not only small countries but even to Russia where Chinese are covertly taking over the eastern lands.

In 20 years, it is said that Africa and its mineral resources will become a hot economy while China and India will somewhat cool off after reaching some middle level of economics. They were third world nations so they had to be hot on growth for few decades to add this or that to their inhouses.

The world is changing so fast, that for those out of the real information loop, it is dangerous to make predictions even 2 years down the road.
    victor7

Post  victor7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Corrosion wrote:
    Hang on.... Slow down! World is going to be multi polar again in about 20 years from now, Oil or no oil in US. China particularly is just beginning to flex its muscles. For now they are just securing their energy supplies. They are people who use their brains to get things done. Of course you are not Chinese(Neither am I) and are outsider who gets his/her info about China from BBCs and CNNs of the world. I would say you have no real clue about China.

One way to predict economics is via population demographics i.e. age of the population. Where people are young there are more industries in demand like cars, houses etc., unlike old nations like Japan many industries nearly dissappear and are replaced by retirement homes, medicine and care etc. That is why US does not stop immigration both legal and illegal as it adds to their demographic demands. Left alone, US population has aged alot to be called a young vibrant country.

Chinese demographics is on the oldish trend in 20 years. There are lots of bubbles in Chinese accounting books, items that were inflated just to make look good. I am not saying China is done and ready to crash, but that is going to be a self made and sustaining superpower like the US is a lot in question. BRICS nations will at best be mega regional economies and if they strife to become phantom superpower like USSR i.e. only in military, then they will face natural correction from the market forces and economic cycles.

The basic point is maintain self esteem and respect and do not let countries or blocs like US/NATO to trample on you but do not try to trample on them either (which BRICS type nations do not anyways). Live and Let Live should be the formula. Hope US understands that sooner before some dark forces like WWIII nonsense is unleashed.

Items like F22s, B2s etc. etc. give false signals to minds in power and wrong decisions lead to common person hurting. That is why cancelling out these Ego-Builder technologies is very important........for the good of all. Very Happy
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 pm

victor7 wrote:

I doubt that in the event Russia is at war with West, either China or India would come out openly and fight a military war on the side of Russia. Their armies look good only on paper but lack top grade variables. China is extremely selfish country and

You are comparing NATO attack on Serbia with NATO attack on Russia. I would like to see(not like to see) NATO attack on Russia and see the world go upside down. I would particularly like to see the real strength of NATO to stay together and the courage Euros have in taking on Russia. I don't think Germany, France and some others in Europe have any will to fight a potential nuclear war with Russia and die for almost nothing, to put it mildly. US better get smart and start playing some smart and secret games, all I am seeing is US getting desperate as Empire walls are showing cracks. You have to provide proof that US public is willing to take on losses of several magnitude more of what it is getting now. Only then I will take your statements of US taking on Russia seriously.

India is meek nation lacking will power to overcome its own internal problems.
    Same can be said about US, if you are truthful to even recognize US internal problems. So your are judging Indian strength on a scale made in US. There is different outlook on things, different geography, different people, different culture, different items of importance if you know what I mean.

Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 pm

victor7 wrote:sustaining superpower like the US
    Laughing

There are lots of bubbles in Chinese accounting books
    What about bubbles in US accounting books.
    victor7

Post  victor7 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Only then I will take your statements of US taking on Russia seriously.

US is clever, it wants to break Russia the way it broke off the USSR....i.e. by itself. All sorts of pressure, economic isolation, sanctions against allies and attacking them etc. etc. are the steps in the direction of breaking Russia up.

US knows the cost of fighting Russia from outside, that is why they are working from inside out right now. Hope you get the meaning of what I am trying to say. Ex: 60,000 Russians died from drug overdose last year. These drugs were brought from Aghanistan. With the mighty US Army in Afghanistan, how come they can't control the drug flow. Because they have openly rejected to do so. This is one example of how to kill a nation from inside.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm

victor7 wrote:

US is clever, it wants to break Russia the way it broke off the USSR....i.e. by itself. All sorts of pressure, economic isolation, sanctions against allies and attacking them etc. etc. are the steps in the direction of breaking Russia up.

US knows the cost of fighting Russia from outside, that is why they are working from inside out right now. Hope you get the meaning of what I am trying to say. Ex: 60,000 Russians died from drug overdose last year. These drugs were brought from Aghanistan. With the mighty US Army in Afghanistan, how come they can't control the drug flow. Because they have openly rejected to do so. This is one example of how to kill a nation from inside.

That is true but the U.S is also killing its own men in the process...

Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:34 pm

^^^ Not to mention spending its resources and going bankrupt.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 am

Some say the oil find in the US is worth $200 Trillion. That is huge amounts of money. The oil prices hovering over $70/barrel means extraction would be profitable for the US. Include that in calculations regarding various geopolitics topics in the coming decades.

Economics is fickle. Lack of US oil imports will reduce prices and it might become uneconomical for them to extract all this oil.

If oil prices get high enough you can extract oil from coal and both New Zealand and Russia has an abundance of Coal they could produce oil from if the price was right... NZ would have billions of dollars worth and Russia trillions or more, but it stays in the ground till the price goes up...

Russia: If oil prices go down Russian economy will be in a deficit.

And if the price goes down US extraction becomes uneconomical and the price goes back up again...

China: Several credit and pension type bubbles in vastly bloated economy. Their best hope is US demand is robust to keep them employed in factories.

Rubbish, there are plenty of markets that will buy cheap goods... Asia and Africa are two markets... in addition to Chinas own internal market...

India: Vast internal inefficiencies, corruption, pollution, population hamper growth, infrastructure is 30 years behind the world, no mega export type industries, that country is just sustaining along some how.

A large country with enormous potential and human resources. Greatly increased investment in infrastructure and education and they will rise up as a powerful nation.

So if 21st century is American century again, then be ready for owners of MNCs in your countries to be implementing their rules and any resistance to that would create tensions and tussles of sorts.

Only Americans talk about American centuries. That sort of arrogance will be their undoing. They have forgotten their core values and are just bullies now... it is only a matter of time.

Clearly you think they meant a military alliance... do you not read mention of BRIC, or BRICSA?

It is an economic and political alliance between Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa... and there are more than a few other countries that want to join too. Their goals include to stop using non BRICSA currencies in trade between each others countries, and to support each others banks and currencies... the US dollar is built on being the international currency of trade...

China is extremely selfish country and India is meek nation lacking will power to overcome its own internal problems.

Like most normal countries they have their own interests and they don't seek to get involved in things that don't concern them. NATO and the US are the exception and want to act as the worlds police force, but because they are selective in the rules they enforce and only act when their own interests are threatened they are not so much a police force as a brute squad, or lynch mob.

Of course you are not Chinese(Neither am I) and are outsider who gets his/her info about China from BBCs and CNNs of the world. I would say you have no real clue about China.

Very strongly agree here... some say China is a backward nothing that just copies and will always be behind, others claim that the rate of improvement will continue and they will flash past the US and the West and will be our overlords in 30 years time.

I tend to think they are both wrong and that China started a bit behind and is making every effort to improve and I wish them every success. I don't think a strong China is as dangerous as a strong west and strong US has been so far.
    I think a strong India and a strong China and a strong Brazil and Russia and South Africa and many other countries is a good thing and should be encouraged... not ruthlessly crushed like the US and west seem to wont to do.

India : India will not want its alternative supplier out of the picture ( they are feed up with U.S pressure about Iran and Kashmir) so to show the West that its not its toy, India will help Russia with hopes of more contracts in return..

Despite rejecting the Mig-35 a large portion of the Indian Air Force has Russian origins... the same for the tank fleet if not more so.

Sometimes there is little between customer and seller, but the relationship is rather more than just that between India and Russia. They have their spats but that is normal... I see a contract to sell submarines to Indonesia has hit a bump because the South Koreans are asking for more money to complete a three submarine deal, so it can happen to the best of them...

The other consideration for China and India is that if the US did attack Russia then they are not safe either and it would be better to fight the US on the side of Russia than ignore it and risk having to fight the US alone later... of course the US will not commit suicide and attack Russia in the first place so the whole idea is moot anyway.

Plus if China was selfish , why does it help the U.S by buying their debt, when no one else wants too.

Indeed China has very much tied itself to the US and if the US goes under they will lose an enormous amount of money.

Also what country isn't selfish? The US has had the money to solve the problems of the world... poverty, hunger, disease etc etc yet it does not do all it can to help... how selfish... when was the last time it did something that wasn't in its interests? Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, etc etc... had nothing to do with the Korean or Vietnamese or Cuban people... it was a fight against communism.

When the Soviets left Afghanistan all the money for those poor Afghans dried up overnight...

Because US is powerful and buys ship loads of Chinese goods.

Rubbish. The US buys lots of Chinese goods because the US is a consumer society that runs best when things are cheap and disposable. 40 years ago here in New Zealand if something broke you had it fixed. These days you throw out perfectly good stuff because you don't use it anymore. Things have changed and not for the better...

Without US demand, China would be in a much worst shape.

It has nothing to do with demand and everything to do with greed. By shifting production to China you can make more profit and avoid additional expenses like healthcare. The west invested in China to save money, and the Chinese used those factories as models and started making more that made western stuff in western designed factories at bargain basement prices.

In 20 years, it is said that Africa and its mineral resources will become a hot economy while China and India will somewhat cool off after reaching some middle level of economics.

That is funny because China is investing a lot of money in Africa... both have enormous growth potential... as long as they don't listen to western economists that seem to always suggest the west will remain dominant... interesting that really.

The MAD doctrine applies... there is nothing the US could possibly gain from an attack on Russia that will make the resulting nuclear devastation of the US and Russia worth it.

What about bubbles in US accounting books.

The US accounting system of hiding debt has created the current economic problems but I am sure it is Chinas fault...

The US is dumb... it is like a soldier poking a detonator with a stick because he wants to kill the guy sitting on the 1,500kg bomb the detonator is attached to that his enemy is sitting on.

The US doesn't know how to share, it wants everything. It respects no one yet demands respect from everyone.

With the mighty US Army in Afghanistan, how come they can't control the drug flow. Because they have openly rejected to do so. This is one example of how to kill a nation from inside.

The thing with drugs of course is that if they can't get one they will get another, or make it themselves.

The US wont be in Afghanistan forever and border security needs bolstering anyway..

That is true but the U.S is also killing its own men in the process...

The huge irony is that the farmers make peanuts on their drug crops, it is the middle men that make the big money... and in this case the middle men are the Taleban... wonder what they do with all that money?

victor7

Post  victor7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 am

If oil prices get high enough you can extract oil from coal and both New Zealand and Russia has an abundance of Coal they could produce oil from if the price was right... NZ would have billions of dollars worth and Russia trillions or more, but it stays in the ground till the price goes up...

In 2004 the Governor of Montana wanted to create the coal to oil industry from the coal deposits in his state. That time price was estimated at $55/barrel. Do not know what the price would be now. It is also not too good for the environment in certain ways. Btw, just heard that India car maker that came with $2K small car is soon going to come with a compressed air car which will travel 300Km on $2 worth of compressed air. Top speed 105kmh, inventions like these can be really good for the climate and third world economies.

The huge irony is that the farmers make peanuts on their drug crops, it is the middle men that make the big money... and in this case the middle men are the Taleban... wonder what they do with all that money?

The American logic is if farmers do not grow poppy then they will turn to Taliban and become monthly paid soldiers. However, US does not want to invest into industries that would employ these villagers and give them some skill and self esteem. US is being a fool thinking that all the coke/opium is going to Russia only. A big majority is also ending up in western Europe and some of it even in the US.

The US wont be in Afghanistan forever and border security needs bolstering anyway..

Within 6 months after US has left, the Teliban will be back and it will be back to square one regarding Taliban and Al Queda in Afghanistan and region. US might have to end up denying any entry to folks from Afghan, Pakistan etc. Might be little harsh but only way to keep the terror out. Sarkozy today suggests imprisonment for anyone who even visits the AQ propoganda type websites. That makes some sense although might be difficult to implement.

Last edited by victor7 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 am

Guys, might I recommend moving this discussion to the International Politics section? None of this has anything to do with Russia and the F-22.
    victor7

Post  victor7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:20 am

Mr.Kalishnikov47 wrote:Guys, might I recommend moving this discussion to the International Politics section? None of this has anything to do with Russia and the F-22.

do the prices of oil and commodities and global relations have anything to do with Russia, F22 and Pakfa?

Think and grow rich! Idea
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 am

victor7 wrote: do the prices of oil and commodities and global relations have anything to do with Russia, F22 and Pakfa?

Think and grow rich! Idea

If that's what this thread is about, then the whole thing should probably be moved to the International politics section. Smile
    ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 am

The F-22 was originally conceived to be used against the old Soviet Union, was it not? I am curious as to how it was "supposed" to be used. Any one?
    Obviously, present Russia is quite different from the USSR.
    victor7

Post  victor7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Infact B2 bomber and F-117 were made for the USSR. F22 is a meaner and more efficient form of F117 which was subsonic I think.

The cold war ended officially in 1991 but in true sense it never did from the side of the US. What their goals are have been discussed above. Russians went on a holiday in the 90s and when they came back they found the fences of the house encroached upon and house looted to the bare walls. Shocked

The arrogantly rude demeanor and haughty but shallow confidence of the US has at times in the recent past brought world to the brink of madness and destroying all what it took 10 decades to build........in just ten minutes. Worst is in this process of bullying others they are weakening the good part of their traits that rest of the world can follow and benefit from. dunno
    ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Thats a harsh way of putting things (although true). The Russians didn't go through what they did in the 90's by choice, did they? And besides, Russia has evolved. Its economy is strong and growing. Previously they had a massive debt, now it is virtually non-existent.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/17/24/29/03/34704010.jpg
    victor7

Post  victor7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 pm

And besides, Russia has evolved. Its economy is strong and growing. Previously they had a massive debt, now it is virtually non-existent.

It is only the oil and commodity prices that have brought Russian economy to what it is today. Once the energy prices hit their down cycle then Russia will again be in no man's land. The energy down cycle from 1980s plus Afghan war brought USSR to bankruptcy by late 1980s. Rest is history.

Russia has not diversified or added a sector to its economy that would earn them side revenues.

This is what I do not like in democracy. Everyone gets to express their opinions and vote and result is Boris Yeltsin types in power. His crony men looted Russia to bare bones. When people were starving in the country with largest land area, how ironic!........... at that time his men were sending good $3-4B a month to outside banks and safe havens. Putin barely put a cover to that but candidly could not do much to retake the looted funds. Hence Russia is 15 years behind on an answer to F22 and no one knows how many more years after 2015 when we actually see Pakfa in the forces.
    ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 pm

It is only the oil and commodity prices that have brought Russian economy to what it is today. Once the energy prices hit their down cycle then Russia will again be in no man's land. The energy down cycle from 1980s plus Afghan war brought USSR to bankruptcy by late 1980s. Rest is history.

With the Iran sanctions ( plus all the usual global meddling by the US ), oil prices are not going to go down any time soon. And I'm sure Russia will be quite well prepared for any such scenario.

Hence Russia is 15 years behind on an answer to F22 and no one knows how many more years after 2015 when we actually see Pakfa in the forces.

Don't forget that one of the main considerations for the Advanced Tactical Fighter program in the 80's ( from which the likes of YF-22 and YF-23 sprang ), was the introduction of the Mig-29 and the Su-27. Those two aircraft form the mainstay of the current Russian air-force. Besides, the Russian air-force, which is one of the best and among the largest in the world ( second largest fighter fleet ), is backed up arguably the best air-defense network in the world.

Somehow, I don't think the PAK-FA is intended as just a Raptor-killer.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:50 pm

victor7 wrote:
    And besides, Russia has evolved. Its economy is strong and growing. Previously they had a massive debt, now it is virtually non-existent.

Russia has not diversified or added a sector to its economy that would earn them side revenues.

This is what I do not like in democracy. Everyone gets to express their opinions and vote and result is Boris Yeltsin types in power. His crony men looted Russia to bare bones. When people were starving in the country with largest land area, how ironic!........... at that time his men were sending good $3-4B a month to outside banks and safe havens. Putin barely put a cover to that but candidly could not do much to retake the looted funds. Hence Russia is 15 years behind on an answer to F22 and no one knows how many more years after 2015 when we actually see Pakfa in the forces.

True, that Russia use well oil and gas money to pay off debts, to make the third largest gold and money reserves and invest large sums in industry, agronomy and also tourism. In nineties Russia have to import food, now they are one of the largest food exporters. They have large reserves of clean water. They build new industry, which production grow (military industry included), build new power plants and export electricity, etc. They have large natural resources in land, forests, metal and non metal cores, etc. The point is that Russia is no more so much dependent on oil and gas as it was 10 years ago.

Industry revival enable Russian MoD to enlarge orders and industry to fulfill contracts.
    victor7

Post  victor7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:12 pm

I would have liked to agree with you Medo, but as for now no clear and substantial alternative to energy as the source of revenue. Agriculture offers potential because demand from China and India is very robust but nothing meaningful at the moment.

Rest of the items that you discussed are to do with natural reserves just like oil and gas, nothing man made or cultivated.

oil prices are not going to go down any time soon

Energy and commodities cycle is on the uptrend well into 2016 and may be even 2018 to 2020. Biggest threat is not the demand but the invention of alternative sources.
    gloriousfatherland

Is Russia safe from F-22 and Β-2? - Page 11 Empty YES! russia is safe

Post  gloriousfatherland Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 pm

No need to worry. Amerika not gonna fight a totalitarian war against Russia, they aint that crazy... Tzar Putin have already stated that any conflict bewtween Russia and the "west" Russia will use first strike nuclear capability inorder to defend itself from western aggression. He have made this clear by the removal of iirc a legal document that prevent russia from using first strike.....He also made this clear during the 2008 war that if US forces enter as combatants he will desimate them with tactical nukes! attack

Now that we speak of is totalitarian war...Lets talk about a hypothetical limited war between US and Russia:
    1. F-22 dont have range to reach Russia
    2. They will be shot down by Mig-31's if they do sniper
    3. They would not be able to penetrate the integrated SAM networks(Long rage, medium rage, short range, very short rage {point defence}) and very strong EW battle ground that russia would inaddition to the density of the SAMS.[b]In order to lauch an attack against your opponent effectively you :
    1. Must be able to accept high casualties as they have already dug in
    2. Have a large force that outnumbers your enemy 3:1
    Neither of which is prensent wrt F-22's

A more probable senario is Russian and American technology clashing in the Third world or the Eastern region

Lets talk about if instead of Mig-31's intercepting raptor , Sukhoi PAK FA did. reasons why the PAK FA is victorious:
    1. RCS- PAK FA fuselage closely resembles that of the YF-23, build by Norththrope which had :
    a) Better Manueverability than Raptor
    b) Better RCS than raptor(which totally opposite of what all analyst say)
    2. Longer range and armament
    3. May have data links with Modern Russian SAM newtorks and radar stations and thus would be able to track F-22's
    4. Longer missles
    Reason for F-22 :
    1. Radar- AESA is much more powerful and thus better BVR capability
    2.ECM/EW suit- May jam missiles and equipment
    3.AWACS- acts like S&T radars for f22s
    4.Supercruise- harder for missles and IRST to get lock on if afterburner not in use....I dunno though if it got eat absorbant tiles in the exhaust :?

I think it would be an even battle, which as such comes down to skills of the pilots in the end...We know who have better pilots than third world nations Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:34 am

The stealth aircraft the US built were necessary because of the performance of the S-300 and other SAMs and the fact that the Mig-29, Su-27 and Mig-31 were every bit as good as western equivalent fighters in practical terms.

The Soviet pilots might have to operate more switches but the end result is that the performance of their weapons was comparable to NATOs stuff during the 1980s.

The purpose of cruise missiles and ballistic missiles and stealth was to try to defeat the Soviet Air Defence system.

The Russians started their new democracy with few international ties and few products in demand internationally. Most of their industries suddenly lost their Eastern Europe market and most of the rest of their traditional markets had never been in great shape previously because they too were generally shunned by the west.

Welcome to the international community for ditching communism eh?

Without WTO membership trade with Russia is difficult, but then WTO membership will also bring international competition that will crush many Russian businesses anyway... so its delay has allowed Russia to group up its industries into entities that might have a better chance of survival when direct international competition comes.

As mentioned Russia has made great strides in agriculture despite limitations due to climate, and it has to be said that in terms of international trade that defence is increasing its share.

Russia has weaknesses and is working on them and while they wont get fixed overnight they are being dealt with.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm