Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    too coward to go to russia?

    Share

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    too coward to go to russia?

    Post  victor1985 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:37 am

    i know someone that says would like to visit russia.....but....hes afraid....of the unknown....and possible threats that can meet there.
    what do you say about such a person?
    i wonder what can loose if he make the step and go to russia? what so important? or is indoctrinated? maibe is afraid to start a new life .....
    maibe i dont know ..... he is too coward to put other interests in front of others?

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 849
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  whir on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 am

    victor1985 wrote:i know someone that says would like to visit russia.....but....hes afraid....of the unknown....and possible threats that can meet there.
    what do you say about such a person?
    Book a group tour, boring but safe.

    victor1985 wrote:i wonder what can loose if he make the step and go to russia? what so important? or is indoctrinated? maibe is afraid to start a new life .....
    Or maybe he just doesn't want another shitty experience for following other's advice.

    victor1985 wrote:maibe i dont know ..... he is too coward to put other interests in front of others?
    Many people love all inclusive holidays because they haven't to face locals and deal with communication and cultural barriers.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  victor1985 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 am

    yeah boring....but on the other side he looses something that wishes very much. he need to reach to russia. but....like i said ....the unknown.....
    i refeered to the fact that he cant put some of his interests in front of others interests of him. in other words he want that ......but is too coward...maibe. because he was indoctrinated by west with some stuff.
    one is that russia is something foreign. other thing is that he cant handle do something itself especially in a foreign country. other would be that "west also want him to handle ...something" ....
    and the main thing is that that "himself like freedom no doubt about that"

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  victor1985 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 am

    and another stuff would be....girls.....
    that all are said by west

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 849
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  whir on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 am

    victor1985 wrote:yeah boring....but on the other side he looses something that wishes very much. he need to reach to russia. but....like i said ....the unknown.....
    i refeered to the fact that he cant put some of his interests in front of others interests of him. in other words he want that ......but is too coward...maibe. because he was indoctrinated by west with some stuff.
    one is that russia is something foreign. other thing is that he cant handle do something itself especially in a foreign country. other would be that "west also want him to handle ...something" ....
    and the main thing is that that "himself like freedom no doubt about that"

    victor1985 wrote:and another stuff would be....girls.....
    that all are said by west

    Let's see if I understand it correctly...

    ... your friends thinks that Russia is a free will libertarian paradise where he can find true love through sex tourism but he's afraid of going out of his confront zone because he thinks he's unprepared for so much freedom, am I right? Rolling Eyes

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 am

    whir wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:yeah boring....but on the other side he looses something that wishes very much. he need to reach to russia. but....like i said ....the unknown.....
    i refeered to the fact that he cant put some of his interests in front of others interests of him. in other words he want that ......but is too coward...maibe. because he was indoctrinated by west with some stuff.
    one is that russia is something foreign. other thing is that he cant handle do something itself especially in a foreign country. other would be that "west also want him to handle ...something" ....
    and the main thing is that that "himself like freedom no doubt about that"

    victor1985 wrote:and another stuff would be....girls.....
    that all are said by west

    Let's see if I understand it correctly...

    ... your friends thinks that Russia is a free will libertarian paradise where he can find true love through sex tourism but he's afraid of going out of his confront zone because he thinks he's unprepared for so much freedom, am I right? Rolling Eyes

    You've certainly understood more than I did lol1

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  victor1985 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:12 pm

    whir wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:yeah boring....but on the other side he looses something that wishes very much. he need to reach to russia. but....like i said ....the unknown.....
    i refeered to the fact that he cant put some of his interests in front of others interests of him. in other words he want that ......but is too coward...maibe. because he was indoctrinated by west with some stuff.
    one is that russia is something foreign. other thing is that he cant handle do something itself especially in a foreign country. other would be that "west also want him to handle ...something" ....
    and the main thing is that that "himself like freedom no doubt about that"

    victor1985 wrote:and another stuff would be....girls.....
    that all are said by west

    Let's see if I understand it correctly...

    ... your friends thinks that Russia is a free will libertarian paradise where he can find true love through sex tourism but he's afraid of going out of his confront zone because he thinks he's unprepared for so much freedom, am I right? Rolling Eyes
    no....it's opossite.....for some reasons he wants to go to russia but the people who like west around him told him that he will not get all those in russia. and that he will regret the decision to go to russia. my opinion is that those people wants to scary him about russia.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 849
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  whir on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 pm

    victor1985 wrote:no....it's opossite.....for some reasons he wants to go to russia but the people who like west around him told him that he will not get all those in russia. and that he will regret the decision to go to russia. my opinion is that those people wants to scary him about russia.
    Probably those people just have an stereotypic image of Russia, nothing to worry about.

    And if he finally decides to go you should advice him not to do stupid things like hiking alone, driving on ice, feeding bears, etc. Basically all those cool things you shouldn't do neither in Russia nor in any other place.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 pm

    Tell your friend not to go, could happen that he becomes alcoholic, playing balailaika and hunting for bears while forgeting all vocabulars except swear words.


    What do westerners know about russia? Majority of americans couldn't even point Russia on the globus while statistically the chances are the highest to point on russia just by accident due its size.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1745
    Points : 1785
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  franco on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Tell your friend not to go, could happen that he becomes alcoholic, playing balailaika and hunting for bears while forgeting all vocabulars except swear words.


    What do westerners know about russia? Majority of americans couldn't even point Russia on the globus while statistically the chances are the highest to point on russia just by accident due its size.

    Most Westerners could find Russia on the globe. Most Americans unfortunately are hard pressed to find their own State on a map.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15468
    Points : 16175
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 am

    Why not remind him that if he does go and doesn't like it he can always go back home.

    I would suggest going to Russia for a holiday for a month... just find a location he likes and go there... he can look around for accomodation and perhaps to see if he can get a job... and if he likes it and seems to be able to get job offers easily enough then change from a holiday to a move.

    If he doesn't like it he can always just do fun things and then go home when his time runs out.

    BTW the trip will be on a holiday visa so I am not suggesting actually taking a job as that would break the rules... just see what jobs are available and how well qualified he is to get those jobs.

    My nephew went to Russia for a bit... his favourite was a place where they sold Vodka and allowed you to shoot firearms... I think it was a Concern Kalashnikov related business... had great fun... Smile

    Stereotypes are not a good way to judge things... I know lots of people who have gone to London and had a good time... I know one person who was murdered when she went there by a local loony.

    A holiday would let you make up your own mind without any permanent commitments either way.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1207
    Points : 1234
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  collegeboy16 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:34 am

    i dont believe fear to be an effective motivator but...

    but seriously just tell your friend to nut up. its only a vacation(well not that "vacation"), and at least he can go on an overseas trip, some of us are not so lucky and just spend it in front of the laptop and household chores cry

    RTN
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 185
    Points : 170
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield , CT

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  RTN on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 pm

    In my experience most Russian cities are a lot safer than cities here in the US.

    However, if you are black or asian, you should adopt some safety precautions while traveling around Russia. Basically this guideline applies to the whole of Eastern Europe & not just Russia.

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 991
    Points : 1144
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:21 pm

    Don't go in any Russian provincial towns or villages without being armed or having professional fighting skills, or at least looking like a hulk since there's a very high chance gopniks will beat you up, rob or slash you to death just for looking too weak in their eyes.

    The same applies with neighbourhoods with gypsies.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  max steel on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 pm

    RTN wrote:In my experience most Russian cities are a lot safer than cities here in the US.

    However, if you are black or asian, you should adopt some safety precautions while traveling around Russia. Basically this guideline applies to the whole of Eastern Europe & not just Russia.

    I'm a white asian from India and i've noticed many indians go to Russia and many Indian sudents used to study in Ukrainian Medical Schools but due to this fiasco they all left , those who were studying in crimea are still there .

    I've got no money so i can't go to Russia for time being , maybe in future who knows .


    What safety precautions should I adopt btw ?

    Well americans should not even talk about Black discrimination in russia , look at your country first . US is a fine example in discrimination against blacks . afro

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 418
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  jhelb on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:53 am

    max steel wrote:I'm a white asian from India

    What exactly is a " white asian from India"?

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  max steel on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:29 am

    lol .  Take it as only Asian . was talking to rtn .

    VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 359
    Points : 379
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 25
    Location : Some redneck state in the US.

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  VladimirSahin on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:08 pm

    max steel wrote:
    RTN wrote:In my experience most Russian cities are a lot safer than cities here in the US.

    However, if you are black or asian, you should adopt some safety precautions while traveling around Russia. Basically this guideline applies to the whole of Eastern Europe & not just Russia.

    I'm a white asian from India and i've noticed many indians go to Russia and many Indian sudents used to study in Ukrainian Medical Schools but due to this fiasco they all left , those who were studying in crimea are still there .

    I've got no money so i can't go to Russia for time being , maybe in future who knows .


    What safety precautions should I adopt btw ?

    Well americans should not even talk about Black discrimination in russia , look at your country first . US is a fine example in discrimination against blacks . afro

    I don't have anything against blacks in Russia, Except one. They take all the girls when they come in our clubs jocolor

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:13 pm

    Finding a black person in Russia is like a dream, especially when you hear a black person talking in very accent free russian that is kind of unreal feeling, something that usually not many have seen.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  Regular on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:53 pm

    By dangerous does he mean sex tourism? Suspect The most dangerous thing in Russia would be std's Twisted Evil Even Moscow escort girls do bareback no prob.
    Other than that only danger I would imagine would be traffic. Pedestrian crossings don't mean You can make it alive if You just waltz on, keep Your eyes open and only walk when You are safe.
    Russia is pretty safe, there are more unsafe places in Europe to be honest.
    But it depends on person, if You look like You are easy target You would probably get Yourself mugged by a priest in Vatican too.
    Nothing wrong with dying in Russia too. If You happen to expire there then don't worry, there are plenty of foreigner ghosts to keep Your company. French and German languages would be very important while being a ghost in Russia.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  Regular on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:03 pm

    VladimirSahin wrote:

    I don't have anything against blacks in Russia, Except one. They take all the girls when they come in our clubs jocolor
    Just girls?

    VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 359
    Points : 379
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 25
    Location : Some redneck state in the US.

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  VladimirSahin on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 pm

    Regular wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:

    I don't have anything against blacks in Russia, Except one. They take all the girls when they come in our clubs jocolor
    Just girls?

    hahahaha, I don't think there are any gay blacks in Russia though. So that can be one from U.S. Cool

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  victor1985 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:50 pm

    Yuch...gay people...i hate them....anyway...
    Fear of my buddy is something related to communism....he believe russians dont know what freedom is...and difference of opinion....
    He believe things can be something else.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 849
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  whir on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:37 pm

    victor1985 wrote:Fear of my buddy is something related to communism....he believe russians don't know what freedom is...and difference of opinion....
    So according to your friend Russians don't argue among them, interesting Rolling Eyes.

    victor1985 wrote:He believe things can be something else.
    Judging by your words he believes many stupid things that can only be explained by his own sheer amount of idiocy.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:41 pm

    victor1985 wrote:Yuch...gay people...i hate them....anyway...
    Fear of my buddy is something related to communism....he believe russians dont know what freedom is...and difference of opinion....
    He believe things can be something else.

    Get new friends. Your buddy sounds like a retard.

    Sponsored content

    Re: too coward to go to russia?

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:09 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm