Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+28
nomadski
crod
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
Stealthflanker
Hannibal Barca
medo
Mindstorm
Isos
Hole
ahmedfire
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
yavar
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
George1
AlfaT8
SOC
Regular
Zivo
nemrod
Russian Patriot
flamming_python
gaurav
GarryB
Viktor
32 posters

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria

Zivo
    Zivo

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria - Page 2 Empty Re: Israeli Airstrikes in Syria

Post  Zivo Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Why else do you think Israel was blowing up Syrian Buk-M2Es?

We don't know what Israel actually hit.
    SOC
    SOC

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria - Page 2 Empty Another point of view: Russian Tech Fails To Protect Syria

Post  SOC Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Zivo wrote:
    Why else do you think Israel was blowing up Syrian Buk-M2Es?

We don't know what Israel actually hit.

Absolutely true. I'm just going with what they said they were blowing up and why.
    nemrod
    nemrod

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria - Page 2 Empty Syria' russian's S-300 downed their first F-16I waiting other...

Post  nemrod Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

When I heard few days ago that an israeli F-16I damaged on the sea, and their crew was safe...humm, I felt a very well known smell, odor of propagada..
    In this crisis era, it is strange the suddenly unknown numbers of western accidents: turkish F-4 Phantom II, turkish F-16, and now at least one israeli F-16.

US won't dare to attack Syria presently.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/

Veteran.com wrote:
    When Israel next calls the Pentagon, yarmulke in hand, egg on their face, their tone will be more restrained.

By Mike Chester for the online news magazine Veterans Today

Israel announced on July 8 that one of their F-16s suffered a mechanical failure off the coast of Gaza. A military spokesman for the IAF said both pilots were recovered. The plane is said to have crashed into the Mediterranean Sea.

Almost no part of this story is true, Israel did lose an F-16. They are unable to hide the fact that one of their first line aircraft is no longer in “inventory.”

Did Israel, as multiple reports now indicate, really lose an F-16 and its crew of two to a Syrian S-300 missile 48 hours before the claimed incident and over 400 miles from the claimed location?

On May 4, 2013, the Syrian Navy sunk an Israeli Dolphin submarine. Israel, unwilling to accept the public humiliation of such a loss: a disaster of such a proportion to its citizens has been repainting hull numbers and shuffling crew rosters on its remaining submarines for two months.

Lost aircraft, especially during an offensive operation, are routinely never disclosed to the public for a variety of reason. Informed sources have disclosed that the F-16 training accident reported off the coast of Gaza was cover for their plane lost in the Syrian warehouse attack which is claimed was targeted as an S-300 component part base.

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Well, another speculation which might be true and might not be true, still. ....

13.07.13 ISRAEL LAUNCHED A MISSILE STRIKE ON A WAREHOUSE "YAKHONT" IN SYRIA

and as a consequence as @nemrod said

Israeli F16 crashes into sea
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:17 pm

On May 4, 2013, the Syrian Navy sunk an Israeli Dolphin submarine.

If the Israeli Navy lost a submarine.. then it is a slap on the face of NATO naval hardware.

NATO will not dare not attack Syria from the sea.
    Israel lost a submarine .. mannn there is just one word for that..

AWESOME ..! annd nothing else..
    This is unprecedented in Israel -Syria wars ..

About the f-16I incident I think it is the 2nd or 3rd Israeli jet to be shot down..

and  2nd jet to be drowned in sea.. what a surprise.. lot of jets falling in sea..
    none on the ground..
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Video about Yakhont attack
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Israeli- German submarine launched a missile reponsible for the Syria Naval base attack.

It is becoming too much.. Israeli knew that pantsyir are covering the naval depots so they
    did not sent jets but a sub..

According to the report, the Israeli fleet of German-built submarines launched a cruise missile at the weapons cache
    after which Syrian rebels reportedly attested to hearing early-morning explosions at a Syrian port-side naval barracks.

On Friday, anonymous US officials told CNN that Israel had carried out an air strike on the Syrian city.

Three unnamed US officials told CNN the IAF had targeted Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles tha

Israel getting desperate

This submarine lauched missile are duds just like any other french -german cruise missile.
    The rebels heard a sing le exlosion , so hence nothing much.

I dont think any damage could have done.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:13 pm

gaurav wrote:Israeli- German submarine launched a missile reponsible for the Syria Naval base attack.

It is becoming too much.. Israeli knew that pantsyir are covering the naval depots so they

According to the report, the Israeli fleet of German-built submarines launched a cruise missile at the weapons cache
    after which Syrian rebels reportedly attested to hearing early-morning explosions at a Syrian port-side naval barracks.

On Friday, anonymous US officials told CNN that Israel had carried out an air strike on the Syrian city.

Three unnamed US officials told CNN the IAF had targeted Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles tha

Israel getting desperate
    If the pantsirs were there i doubt they would use cruise missiles, perhaps torpedoes depending where the missiles where??Neutral 

This submarine lauched missile are duds just like any other french -german cruise missile.

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

gaurav wrote:Israeli- German submarine launched a missile reponsible for the Syria Naval base attack.

Israel getting desperate

If the pantsirs were there i doubt they would use cruise missiles, perhaps torpedoes depending where the missile were??Neutral 
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 pm

If the pantsirs were there i doubt they would use cruise missiles, perhaps torpedoes depending where the missile were??

Well dont know what really happened , it is another of the usual cases, when Israeli military cant do anything..
    except provoking.. nothing else..

Suddenly Israel acquired Iranian Hormuz strait terror tactics..Very Happy .. The tactics which Iran would have used in 2000.. Israel is using
    against Syria in 2013..ha ha ha..I mean firing missiles in the night quietly from banana boats.. at sea..
    what the heck..

Pantsyir  batteires or even stand alone systems are getting an unmatched and unbeatable advertisement all over the world..
    The whole Israeli  military hardware is now engaged in taking care of Pantsyir deployed positions ..Razz Razz 

Early reports conflict: Some say the attack was carried out by foreign aircraft, while others say it was by missiles fired from boats.

Al-Qaida was responsible for the massive arms depot explosion in Latakia over the weekend, a Syrian official said on Sunday.
    Syria denied Israel’s role in the incident after Arab media outlets reported conflicting stories on the cause of the blast.

“The attack in Latakia was not carried out from the air or the sea, but by a terrorist group aligned with al-Qaida,”
    a senior Syrian official told Syrian state media. “The group fired missiles of European design that caused large fires in the bases.”

Some Arab outlets reported that foreign aircraft had bombed the site and others that it was destroyed by missiles
    fired from boats. The reports estimated that 10 to 20 Syrian soldiers were killed in the strike.

While mystery just keeps going on..Smile 
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:17 pm

It seems those attack on Syria warehouses resulted with one F-16 less in the inventory with zero gains.

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria - Page 2 35176z7

If you check the satellite photo of before and after you can see that the all outside walls are still in place and standing with only one blacken small part of the
    warehouse where missile struck resulting collappsing of the roof.

If the warehouse was full of Yakhonts (50 missiles) and S-300 as some all western newspapers suggested there would be no standing outside walls and the whole
    place would be one giant crater.

here is an interesting link about the subject - bias yes but puts a different perspective
    LINK
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Viktor wrote:It seems those attack on Syria warehouses resulted with one F-16 less in the inventory with zero gains.

Israeli Airstrikes in Syria - Page 2 35176z7

If you check the satellite photo of before and after you can see that the all outside walls are still in place and standing with only one blacken small part of the
    warehouse where missile struck resulting collapsing of the roof.

If the warehouse was full of Yakhonts (50 missiles) and S-300 as some all western newspapers suggested there would be no standing outside walls and the whole
    place would be one giant crater.

here is an interesting link about the subject - bias yes but puts a different perspective
    LINK
    Nope, definitely not a torpedo.
    Damage looks minimal, i doubt there were more than ten missiles in that warehouse, and S-300... really?
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Israel may have used Turkish Airbases in attack.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 am

Hezbollah Members Allegedly Killed During Israel's Strike in Golan Heights
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:11 am

Assad Says Israeli Airstrikes Weaken Syrian Army, Back Local Rebel Groups

Syrian president Bashar Assad says Israel supports rebel groups in Syria by conducting airstrikes in places, where the Syrian army makes advances.

MOSCOW, January 26 (Sputnik) — Israel is providing support to rebel groups operating inside Syria by conducting airstrikes in places where the Syrian army is making advances, Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an exclusive interview with Foreign Affairs published on Monday.

"They [the Israelis] are supporting the rebels in Syria. It’s very clear. Because whenever we make advances in some place, they [the Israelis] make an attack in order to undermine the army," Assad said. "That’s why some in Syria joke: “How can you say that al Qaeda doesn’t have an air force? They have the Israeli air force.”

The comments come a week after a missile attack, presumed to have been carried out by Israel, in the region of Quneitra in the Syrian Golan Heights bordering Lebanon.

The attack reportedly claimed the lives of six members of the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah. A senior commander from Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) was the seventh victim, according to Press TV.

However, Israel has not confirmed its involvement in the incident.

The Lebanon-based Hezbollah has been allegedly helping the Syrian government fight the Islamic State and radical Sunni militants.

Hezbollah is a Lebanese Shiite Islamist political party and militant group established in 1985. It is considered a terrorist organization by Israel and a number of Western countries.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Israel Conducts Airstrikes at Syrian Artillery Near Damascus - Source

why Israel attacks Syrian army which fights against ISIL?

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:59 pm

George1 wrote:Israel Conducts Airstrikes at Syrian Artillery Near Damascus - Source

This doesnt make sense whatsoever, did they belive that artillery posed some kind of a threat to IDF O.o? I am doing my best to understand this action but i am failing.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Militarov wrote:
    George1 wrote:Israel Conducts Airstrikes at Syrian Artillery Near Damascus - Source

This doesnt make sense whatsoever, did they belive that artillery posed some kind of a threat to IDF O.o? I am doing my best to understand this action but i am failing.
    It is difficult to come to terms with it but the only logical answer is that the IAF are flying CAS for anti Syrian Government formations in the South whilst Turkey performs the same function, against the Kurds in the North. At the same time US/NATO/Etc are running what, given their lack of effectiveness, can only be described as token or PR attacks on IS in both Syria and Iraq e.g the supply lines in and oil trucks out to/from Turkey seem to lead a charmed life.

I am very cynical about the whole thing. The sudden huge boost in migrants (from the TV pictures, very few look how real refugees should look) from Turkey, at exactly the same time as Russia steps up supplies (that should impact IS), followed by statements in the UK/France/US etc etc that they are going to air attack IS in Syria (probably just like the Turks said they would but hit others instead). These are too closely linked to be co-incidences.

This stuff on the coast is important, especially if land based SAMs get properly deployed, spreading East. I assume that the coastal areas are protected by the ship SAMs in harbour and nearby. The West may not like it but Syria has a sovereign Government in place that could, if it could enforce it, declare its territory as a no fly zone, even asking Russia and Iran to help enforce it.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Militarov wrote:

Of course it makes sense, jesus christ, you guys act like you have alzheimer. The fucking US and Israel created ISIS/FSA,Al-CIAda to overthrow unwanted governments, why the fuck would this same piece of shit hegemony regimes want Assad to destroy their little fanatic proxy soldiers? They certainly still want Assad and entire Syria to be gone, Israel wants to be regional power and later to sustain world domination. ISIS never even attempted going on Israeli soil despite being "Islamic fundamentalists" that oppose anything anti islamic/infidels, so why going against soley independent muslim populated countries, but never attempt to kill infidels?

They are not islamic fundamentalists, not the decision makers, they are paid mercenaries under false flag to give the muricans and sraelits a white vest in public while being still praised and can glorify their worthless assholes as being the solution for a problem they are themselfs.

Treat your alzheimer guys, gets annoying...
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Of course it makes sense, jesus christ, you guys act like you have alzheimer. The fucking US and Israel created ISIS/FSA,Al-CIAda to overthrow unwanted governments, why the fuck would this same piece of shit hegemony regimes want Assad to destroy their little fanatic proxy soldiers? They certainly still want Assad and entire Syria to be gone, Israel wants to be regional power and later to sustain world domination. ISIS never even attempted going on Israeli soil despite being "Islamic fundamentalists" that oppose anything anti islamic/infidels, so why going against soley independent muslim populated countries, but never attempt to kill infidels?

They are not islamic fundamentalists, not the decision makers, they are paid mercenaries under false flag to give the muricans and sraelits a white vest in public while being still praised and can glorify their worthless assholes as being the solution for a problem they are themselfs.

You might want to read this:

Revolt of the spies: DoD analysts claim CENTCOM doctored reports about war on ISIS

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Khm, first, Israel tends always to provide reason for their airstrikes, it was their practice for decades, reason was always published after the strikes, no matter how good or bad they were, and i do not see legit reason for this strike whatsoever, unless they somehow considered artillery positions as a theat to IDF. Even when they performed airstrikes in Syria years ago they always would elaborate them in a way, this one can be hardly explained, while i am very aware of the fact Israel does not like Assad whatsoever i highly doubt they would prefer mix of ISIS and "rebels" on their border instead. Israel despite being an ally of US does not always follow their ideas so i am not sure they actually did strikes to support ISIS or rebels, since rebels lost alot of the ground and resources even if they manage to get some ground now in recent months they will get overruned by ISIS, and Israel even if having some control via US over ISIS does not want them controling Syria. They would eventually turn aganist Israel and they are well aware of that.

And please do not put me and Alzheimer's disease in same sentence if possible, ty.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Militarov wrote:...while i am very aware of the fact Israel does not like Assad whatsoever i highly doubt they would prefer mix of ISIS and "rebels" on their border instead....

And please do not put me and Alzheimer's disease in same sentence if possible, ty.

You haven't read recent history of last 5 decades?

All terrorism known to the west is US paid terrorism.

Entire Latin American terrorism is US created terrorism, of terrorists trained in USA of the School of Americas, where latin americans are brainwashed and trained in asymmetric warfare to be used against governments. Contras should ring a bell?

Entire "islamic terror" is a fabricated bullshit lie an industrialized fearmongering to denounce muslims/arabs of being human to the western world. Who benefits from Muslims not being counted as human? Jews are the biggest islamophobics that are denouncing them as being human and are trying to build Great Israel in the Middle East and are using their dog USA to overthrow unwanted governments, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lybia, Lebanon, Pakistan etc etc.

It is already proven by the United States itself a declasified file that proofs US created ISIS, US and Israel absolutley are alligned in the geopolitical cooperation or master/slave status to assure destruction of any regional power in Middle East.

Yes, i will asosciate anyone with alzheimer that gets presented daily facts about US being the islamic terrorist itself, this fantasy and illusion of one to justify all its "solutions" of bombing, bombing and more bombing. A hammer only sees nails.

So you will stay an Alzheimer patient untill you have catched up with history and educated yourself, that is not a conspiracy theory but a simple fact, proven and verified in real life by their relgious banner waving mercenaries only invading what countries are always independend and before that announced as "human rights abusers" "wiping their own population" never rampaging across all the other human rights abusing nations like Israel which does not even see any humans besides themselfs and bombs people on daily basis, or the entire dictatorship of royal subhumans of Saudis that are an religious minority among all muslims and would face extinction from radicals if they ever happen to lose power.

Anyway i am tired of ignorants who refuse reality and asslick every conspiracy theory the US brought up to present the world a problem that only the fucking white knight USA can solve.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:16 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:...while i am very aware of the fact Israel does not like Assad whatsoever i highly doubt they would prefer mix of ISIS and "rebels" on their border instead....

Entire Latin American terrorism is US created terrorism, of terrorists trained in USA of the School of Americas, where latin americans are brainwashed and trained in asymmetric warfare to be used against governments. Contras should ring a bell?

Entire "islamic terror" is a fabricated bullshit lie an industrialized fearmongering to denounce muslims/arabs of being human to the western world. Who benefits from Muslims not being counted as human? Jews are the biggest islamophobics that are denouncing them as being human and are trying to build Great Israel in the Middle East and are using their dog USA to overthrow unwanted governments, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lybia, Lebanon, Pakistan etc etc.

It is already proven by the United States itself a declasified file that proofs US created ISIS, US and Israel absolutley are alligned in the geopolitical cooperation or master/slave status to assure destruction of any regional power in Middle East.

Yes, i will asosciate anyone with alzheimer that gets presented daily facts about US being the islamic terrorist itself, this fantasy and illusion of one to justify all its "solutions" of bombing, bombing and more bombing. A hammer only sees nails.

So you will stay an Alzheimer patient untill you have catched up with history and educated yourself, that is not a conspiracy theory but a simple fact, proven and verified in real life by their relgious banner waving mercenaries only invading what countries are always independend and before that announced as "human rights abusers" "wiping their own population" never rampaging across all the other human rights abusing nations like Israel which does not even see any humans besides themselfs and bombs people on daily basis, or the entire dictatorship of royal subhumans of Saudis that are an religious minority among all muslims and would face extinction from radicals if they ever happen to lose power.

Anyway i am tired of ignorants who refuse reality and asslick every conspiracy theory the US brought up to present the world a problem that only the fucking white knight USA can solve.

I am well aware of the history, especially one in the last century and i am very aware of the facts who and how funds and manages terrorism, drug wars, drug traficking, rebellions, Muslim springs, massacres, ethnic cleansings and similiar beautiful happenings around the globe, however Israel did always provide some solid reason for the crap they do, always. They bomb bay in Syria "they had missiles that would aim at our ships", they bomb convoy "they had SAM parts that would aim at our fighters", they bomb Iraq "they had nuclear reactor up to produce material for N-bomb"... always a reason, what would be the reason for this... i am just pointing that out. I never said Israel, USA, Saudi Arabia or who not are angles, peacemakers, nor did i say you are crazy coz you belive in conspiracy theories, sadly many of them are crazy enough to be labeled as BS, and still they are true..i feel you there and i am well aware of that.

See the country from which i am, i had pleasure to feel "conspiracy" theories and peacemakers from the US more than 1 time on my skin coz of what, who and where i am, so please, do not label me as stupid, ignorant or sick, coz i am either i just dont like fact Israel left its common scheme in this case, and that wont end up well.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I am well aware of the history, especially one in the last century and i am very aware of the facts who and how funds and manages terrorism, drug wars, drug traficking, rebellions, Muslim springs, massacres, ethnic cleansings and similiar beautiful happenings around the globe, however Israel did always provide some solid reason for the crap they do, always. They bomb bay in Syria "they had missiles that would aim at our ships", they bomb convoy "they had SAM parts that would aim at our fighters", they bomb Iraq "they had nuclear reactor up to produce material for N-bomb"... always a reason, what would be the reason for this... i am just pointing that out. I never said Israel, USA, Saudi Arabia or who not are angles, peacemakers, nor did i say you are crazy coz you belive in conspiracy theories, sadly many of them are crazy enough to be labeled as BS, and still they are true..i feel you there and i am well aware of that.

See the country from which i am, i had pleasure to feel "conspiracy" theories and peacemakers from the US more than 1 time on my skin coz of what, who and where i am, so please, do not label me as stupid, ignorant or sick, coz i am either i just dont like fact Israel left its common scheme in this case, and that wont end up well.

Sure, Syria having weapons to protect their country is a reason for jews to attack the Syrians... what lunacy is that and how can you justify it as reasonable excuse for an aggression against Syria? Just like the dozens of invasions into Lebanon all unjustified and unreasoned, occupation of Golan heights, mortaring Syrian border to keep the golan heights despite UN Resolutions, etc etc. They never showed any plausible reason for their aggressions, just like the 3 talmudic shits that have been killed by another jew and then used this as an excuse to blame it on palestinians and have genocided 2000 people in bombardments. They never have shown any reason for their aggressions, they are just like the americunts, using false flags and then using this false flag to justify more bombs to liberate people. The jews are the main creditor for Palestine resistance fighters, they want the war to keep going on, because you can't justify bombing and isolating palestinians if you can't portrait yourself as "we are just defending ourselfs". So stop this bullshit with reasons for aggressive wars, there are no justifications or reasons for aggressive wars especially when you have a country that plays always the "victim card" to justify every bullshit military move against innocents.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Sure, Syria having weapons to protect their country is a reason for jews to attack the Syrians... what lunacy is that and how can you justify it as reasonable excuse for an aggression against Syria? Just like the dozens of invasions into Lebanon all unjustified and unreasoned, occupation of Golan heights, mortaring Syrian border to keep the golan heights despite UN Resolutions, etc etc. They never showed any plausible reason for their aggressions, just like the 3 talmudic shits that have been killed by another jew and then used this as an excuse to blame it on palestinians and have genocided 2000 people in bombardments. They never have shown any reason for their aggressions, they are just like the americunts, using false flags and then using this false flag to justify more bombs to liberate people. The jews are the main creditor for Palestine resistance fighters, they want the war to keep going on, because you can't justify bombing and isolating palestinians if you can't portrait yourself as "we are just defending ourselfs". So stop this bullshit with reasons for aggressive wars, there are no justifications or reasons for aggressive wars especially when you have a country that plays always the "victim card" to justify every bullshit military move against innocents.

I never said those reasons were right or truth, but they did always provide a reason, actually more of an excuses than a real reason but they did give something. Even tho we are all aware they are nothing more than an excuse, i dont like them leaving that scheme, coz that means they might start an actual open war aganist Syria without any legit reason and without scruple. Till this point they were just occasionally doing strikes now and then and they would find a way to justify them, both in Syria, Palestine and Iraq however now it seems they will start supporting "moderate" rebels and ISIS without any political cover for it, and i dont like it, noone should like it actually.

I just pointed out that they are not even trying to provide media with an excuse now, which means they are getting (maybe) seriously even into consideration to make full scale war campagin aganist Syria.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am