Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Economy General News: #1

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Economy General News: #1

Post  Viktor on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 am

Right after the OI games, Putin is going to Iran where is expected to sign the mega deal with Iran.

"We do not recognize the unilateral sanctions of the United States and the European Union regarding Iran, that is why we solely put our national interests first when carrying out trade and economic cooperation with Tehran," the ambassador said.
    "Russia is an independent country and is implementing an independent policy," Dzhagaryan said.

LINK

flamming_python wrote:Good to see some major success in closing the kindergarden gap  I love you 

I know but it tells its tale about Russian population politics

764 kindergardens finished in 2013 (numbers keep increasing)
    LINK

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:16 am

thumbsup 

Envoy: Russian Minister to Propose Oil-for-Railway Deal with Iran in Upcoming Visit

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:01 am

Austin wrote:both article makes an interesting read

State-run Russian oil behemoth Rosneft helps Vladi­mir Putin tighten his economic grip

UPDATE 1-Olympics-Games unlikely to boost Russian economy - Moody's

Neither of those are an interesting read, as neither of those comes at a surprise.  I think it was mentioned quite a while ago on mp.net that the Olympics is more likely to be loss of funds than it is to be a gain of funds.  Only a few if not 1, Olympics in recent history was a financial success, and that was the one here in Calgary, Canada way back when.  Rosneft on the other hand, is quickly gaining traction, and they are the main supplier of funds for the development of the far east regions, which is something around $30B in Rosneft funding.

I wouldn't but too much weight on these articles (being where they come from), but they are not a surprise at all.

I am trying to find that list that Bitnkr over at mp.net posted about Russophobia in the western press, and the list from least to worst. Maybe a good indicator for you Austin on where you read your news. But I can tell you myself (not my experience, but what my father experienced with Western news even pertaining to an incident he was involved in), do not trust our news or anyone else's news. Most of it is a fabricated lie around a small amount of truth.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 am

The interesting thing in there is the data from Rosneft ...would be interesting to see how much gain or loss the olympics makes financially after it all ends.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:21 am

Rosneft official plans for Gas Development , good read

Sechin: "Rosneft" prepares gas strategy of not less than 30 years

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 am

Austin wrote:The interesting thing in there is the data from Rosneft ...would be interesting to see how much gain or loss the olympics makes financially after it all ends.

I would imagine the loss to be pretty significant.  Well, it isn't really loss exactly, as Sochi was in need of infrastructure:

If they didn't host the olympics there, then they would need to do something else in order to get that city up and running with new infrastructure, and it would have probably cost close to the same.  They also made a $1B revenue in just advertisement alone for the olympics (I posted it here).  So that is some money made.  Now Sochi is more or less on the map.  The amusement park (regardless what the western media will say) is meant for after the olympics, so it was already pre-determined that it wont be finished before hand.  It will be a loss, but after the many years and tourism that it can come by with both domestic (so people from middle class to Oligarches buying property) to many CIS and even Chinese tourists arriving in Sochi as a good getaway.  The idea of building an amusement park as well as just keeping it a beach resort is smart, as there is stuff to do and see all year round (with the ski hills and the olympic stadiums in place) that will make Sochi a far more attractive place to go on vacation than abroad (cheaper too).

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm

^^ Yes they need to make Sochi an attractive tourist destination for not only Russians who go to Europe but also Europe and ROW ...thats would be the greatest way to generate revenue.

It probably is the best tourism place in Russia but they need to market it and make is top destination place to visit in Europe.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Every wondered why the greatest ally of West and US in Middle East and the greatest country to support terrorism in the world ever got flagged for being so much dependent on Oil.....while Western media is so much high on lashing Oil Revenues for Russia and Putins downfall  ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Saudi_Arabia

The petroleum sector accounts for roughly 92.5% of budget revenues,[15] 55% of GDP, and 90% of export earnings. About 40% of GDP comes from the private sector.

And since 2008 they have spent $800 billion in Economic Stimulus to avoid any revolt in their kingdom

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-23/saudi-arabia-slows-planned-spending-growth-in-record-2014-budget.html

Saudi Arabia has introduced almost $800 billion in stimulus measures since 2008.

So much for  (un)Fairness  of Western Press

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:34 pm

@ sepheronx

Imagine how many Russian tourists will come to spend their holiday at Sochi instead of Turkey or somewhere else for instance specially after OI promotion and leave their money there.

Formula-1 will be in Sochi etc.

Deripaska: Sochi need to invest 10-15% of funds spent on the Olympics

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:55 pm

I forgot formula 1. They are to have a race once a year, so that should attract more people. Apparently China has a lot of tourists visiting Russia often and Sochi is really one of the few sub tropical locations in Russia.  

@ Austin.

Dont be surprised. Russia is public enemy #1 in USA, as they played the soviet/Russian fear mongering for over 50 years, so there are plenty of people that have power and money from that era, running the show. Makes it worst now since there are fewer media mougals in USA now, so our news is very limited (may have different names and may seem there are a lot of news outlets, but most are run by the same conpanies). Russia is the big bad bear, because (regardless of Chinas spending) is a real competitor due to US having so little to no influence over Russia, and Russia can contest to what US does (even if it isnt as great as it once was). So it is easier to demonize the country than it is to praise it. Look at the debacle of the Sochi olympics and how many news outlets have lied about it to make it look worst than it is here?

Which brings me to my next point: Russia will never be or may not be a big tourist attraction for Europe or USA. It could be for Asia but not the other. Reason why, is because the media and politics west of Russia has played Russia up to be this big monster that everyone should hate and fear (Poland, UK, USA, Western Ukraine, Romania, Etc) while the other nations...they cant afford to travel. Germany and France being the exception whom seem to have tourists that go everywhere, even to some of the worst places in the world for thrill (I suppose).

Unfortunately, Russias image is damaged. But thankfully, knowing Indian family members who studied and lives in Russia, tells a different tale than what western media says. That Russians are not all racist monkeys like our media says and it isnt all just doom and gloom.

BTW, here is the article plus list regarding russophobia in western media.

http://www.e-generator.ru/news/?news_id=8255

It is of course old, but things really has not changed much.r

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Austin wrote:Every wondered why the greatest ally of West and US in Middle East and the greatest country to support terrorism in the world ever got flagged for being so much dependent on Oil.....while Western media is so much high on lashing Oil Revenues for Russia and Putins downfall  ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Saudi_Arabia

The petroleum sector accounts for roughly 92.5% of budget revenues,[15] 55% of GDP, and 90% of export earnings. About 40% of GDP comes from the private sector.

And since 2008 they have spent $800 billion in Economic Stimulus to avoid any revolt in their kingdom

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-23/saudi-arabia-slows-planned-spending-growth-in-record-2014-budget.html

Saudi Arabia has introduced almost $800 billion in stimulus measures since 2008.

So much for  (un)Fairness  of Western Press

This is what I'm talking about, btw everyone remembers the lies about "democratic" Boris Yeltsin? He's democratic because he allows Western companies to loot Russia, he's democratic because he fires tank shells in to his parliament because they disagreed with the old violent drunk Boris, he's democratic because he allows his allies to be artificially balkanized. Don't you find it hilarious that the U.S. State Department would send gay athletes to Sochi on one hand, while prop up Saudi Arabia, where being gay means a death sentence via decapitation from a sword? We can't allow ourselves to forget how Saudi Arabia owns large shares in Western media like Twitter, Time-Warner and News Corp, no wonder the whole "gay rights" conservation hasn't been put in to context, you can't upset the Saudi shareholders can you?

Airbornewolf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Airbornewolf on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:02 pm

sepheronx wrote:I forgot formula 1. They are to have a race once a year, so that should attract more people. Apparently China has a lot of tourists visiting Russia often and Sochi is really one of the few sub tropical locations in Russia.  

@ Austin.

Dont be surprised. Russia is public enemy #1 in USA, as they played the soviet/Russian fear mongering for over 50 years, so there are plenty of people that have power and money from that era, running the show. Makes it worst now since there are fewer media mougals in USA now, so our news is very limited (may have different names and may seem there are a lot of news outlets, but most are run by the same conpanies). Russia is the big bad bear, because (regardless of Chinas spending) is a real competitor due to US having so little to no influence over Russia, and Russia can contest to what US does (even if it isnt as great as it once was). So it is easier to demonize the country than it is to praise it. Look at the debacle of the Sochi olympics and how many news outlets have lied about it to make it look worst than it is here?

Which brings me to my next point: Russia will never be or may not be a big tourist attraction for Europe or USA. It could be for Asia but not the other. Reason why, is because the media and politics west of Russia has played Russia up to be this big monster that everyone should hate and fear (Poland, UK, USA, Western Ukraine, Romania, Etc) while the other nations...they cant afford to travel. Germany and France being the exception whom seem to have tourists that go everywhere, even to some of the worst places in the world for thrill (I suppose).

Unfortunately, Russias image is damaged. But thankfully, knowing Indian family members who studied and lives in Russia, tells a different tale than what western media says. That Russians are not all racist monkeys like our media says and it isnt all just doom and gloom.

It is of course old, but things really has not changed much.r

i do not agree with your statement sepheronx,

you can not write off everyone in western europe and U.S.A to have this misplaced and baseless attitude towards Russia. i am well aware of "our" western media's misconduct towards russia and its allies but we do not all think like that.

personally, me and other most western veterans playing airsoft got respect for russian forces for what they endured in their own country's operations against an enemy we "west" fought too. i always defend Russia's position and right to sovereign decisions in world politics and errors on our "own" west side. and when we meet them in airsoft battle's we always appreciate the chance that they wish to skirmish with us. i admit, some american assholes cant watch their mouths against russian players but we take measures as well and kick them from the field if they do.

and this following section is not directed at you sepheronx but in general. it is not your fault but let me finish up here for the general public here,  im still trying to get the feel of the mentality around here on the forum, but to write the entire west off as a bunch of russian-haters is bullshit, i apologise for being so blunt. ive played with russian veterans in airsoft games but never got the chance to actually have a drink and talk about things. and i think that is a damn waste not being able to do that for things that happened in the cold war and people either misunderstand about how my generation of war veterans feels about russians today or perhaps what they hear trough social media or like this. "how the west hates russia". where do you base it on really?, a bunch of civilians filling in polls?. that will be damn accurate wont it?. people forming an opinion based on their own little world trough filtered media and never exited their safe,protected enviroment to see what is going on on the other side. i know one or two here speak with military experience reading trough the sentences in the post, propably a handfull of civilians too that do have a good picture how it works in the millitary. but the rest is just shouting a bunch of crap after reading up on wikipedia about weapon specs and no clue about how human behaviour fits in war or scenario's for that matter. a mass patrol boat assault with torpedoes on an armed modern frigate?. you cant be serious?, like that frigate would allow a dozen boats within its defense zone ?!. i think Russian warships have some of the best point defense systems of modern ships and their captains do not mess around.

and how some talk about deployments or operations in war, ...maybe first experience how its like to be shot at, get a explosion near you and hear the screaming guy that just lost his legs next to you you served with for two years, you had drinks, laughs and attended his marriage 6 months ago?. meanwhile you try to stay alive together while you put his and your tourniqet on his legs, write the date of the tourniqet on his forehead while he keeps telling you he cant feel his legs. in the meantime you better fight for your life because these jallah-jallah morons come at you dead-set on decapitating you and your friends and post your head for al-jazeera for the t.v dinner of your fammily back home. its all the same for the other branches of millitary, a pilot hearing over the radio his wingman burning alive after a missile strike and the the cockpit hinges buckled because of the strike?, or navymen knowing their comrades are drowning in the engine room where that acoustic torpedo just impacted and the room gets sealed off to prevent flooding to the rest of the ship?. or a helicopter going down after tail-rotor failure or engine fire after enemy fire?. its what we like among veterans to call "armchair-generals". what goes one here. i do not need any symphathy either, just to illustrate how real warfare goes, what do you think the russian troops endured in their time in Afghanistan or tsjechnia ?. or perhaps why not many like to talk about what happened there?.

the above was just to illustrate the lack of actual knowledge of millitary operations of some posts, the good ones are of course present too. im actually learning of some members about the operation and technology's of russian weaponry and im truly happy and gratefull with that. for example, a member rightfully pointed out the maintenance time for an F-22 and compared it to an top-athlete that performed to the top and needed long recovery. thats rightfully true. and so there are other good example's of people knowing what they talk about.

im sorry for going off-topic, and i do not wish to give the staff here trouble but seriously i felth i needed to speak up here and let members here know not everyone in the west have ill-opinions about russians and i hope on more regular meetings with russian airsoft gamers and veterans and perhaps share a bottle of vodka (no stereotype intended) and talk about stuff.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:18 pm

I live in Canada. The amount of crap being flung about Russia is astronomical. And we are apparently less biased than western europe and USA.

Sorry, dont mean to put so many into one basket. But, your media, your government and the people who put them there are to blame.

I know not everyone is some commie hating to the point of foaming through the mouth, but the amount of BS in media being portrayed is pretty big. But I read some good articles on Yahoo news and google. So it really isnt all that bad. But, just an FYI, its always best to read more than one source from more than one location. Truth may still not be there, but you may get a better idea what may be true.

Airbornewolf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Airbornewolf on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

dont get your hopes up sepheronx, maybe you should inquire then why dutch airborne recon where on a flight of a canadian C-130 carrying vx nerve gas in November 2008 in Afghanistan from Kabul to Kandahar?. last time i checked canadians signed the geneva convention too....among with the OPCW one. you seriously believe your own goverment?.

and i do not represent anything of my country or goverment, im former millitary remember?. im an individual with my own opinion just like you i imagine.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Russian media makes America basically the great satan itself, you guys need to relax.

Yes, Western coverage from CNN to BBC of Russia has been a joke. And no, not because of constant criticism, but because of factual and fundamental lack of understanding on mostly everything that goes on regarding Russia.

Whatever. I am long over it. Look at it this way, it makes you look smarter when you can counter what they spew with actually educated insight.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

russian economy

Post  flamming_python on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm

TR1 wrote:Russian media makes America basically the great satan itself, you guys need to relax.

Yes, Western coverage from CNN to BBC of Russia has been a joke. And no, not because of constant criticism, but because of factual and fundamental lack of understanding on mostly everything that goes on regarding Russia.

Whatever. I am long over it. Look at it this way, it makes you look smarter when you can counter what they spew with actually educated insight.

I got desensitized to it long ago, but what I can't get over is the sheer amount of useful idiots the Western media produces who right now are constantly posting crap on Facebook, forums, etc... these people just give me a headache. I can't even read one Russian related article without some muppet putting in an irrelevant comment about it's new laws about homosexual propaganda and so on.

It's upsetting - because it's bullshit 'bout my country yet people honestly believe it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:03 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 am