Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Share

    alexZam
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 351
    Points : 409
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  alexZam on Tue May 05, 2015 12:45 am

    Large file size, high-res. By Andrey Kryuchenko, a_andreich.

    (5734Кб, 2176x3592)

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15440
    Points : 16147
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

    Gives new meaning to the Phrase " Hey nursey... am I pleased to see you or did I just put a canoe in my pocket?" (From Blackadder... third series... Lord Flashheart... RIP Rick.

    That is a big gun.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1207
    Points : 1234
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  collegeboy16 on Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 am

    is it just me or did someone else notice that the guns are turned ever so slightly to the left? methinks its part of the parade- like how the soldiers have the muzzle of their guns pointed away while they look at their right to the audience.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Werewolf on Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 am

    collegeboy16 wrote:is it just me or did someone else notice that the guns are turned ever so slightly to the left? methinks its part of the parade- like how the soldiers have the muzzle of their guns pointed away while they look at their right to the audience.

    Actually this gun stabilisators are centered and you get the impression of the turret being slightly off-center because of the angle of the camera.

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 868
    Points : 944
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  zg18 on Sat May 16, 2015 12:47 am


    rtech
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 21
    Points : 23
    Join date : 2014-12-11

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  rtech on Sat May 16, 2015 10:54 am

    http://defence-blog.com/?p=5408

    Range of fire of Russian 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV» has set a record for a modern field artillery. 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV – Project for a new artillery system for the Russian land forces (SV = sukhoputniye vojska). The prototype consists of a 2S19 chassis with modified turret, fitted with an over-and-under dual autoloaded 152mm howitzer.

    The 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV» has set a record of range of fire to 70 km. When tested with the experimental projectile Russian self-propelled artillery demonstrated a record distance of 70 kilometers.

    According to Russian military engineers, the new 2S35 can used high-explosive long-range precision-guided munitions with a maximum range of 70 km and high level of accuracy.

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Viktor on Sat May 16, 2015 9:12 pm

    Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    50% increased rate of fire thumbsup

    Defense Ministry: rate "Coalition-SV" increased 1.5 times

    "Rate compared to existing (systems) increased by 1.5 times. Rate of fire allows us to perform tasks in real-time mode, one or two minutes - fire raid, leaving the firing position, ie do protivoognevoy maneuver to avoid falling a retaliatory strike, "- said on Saturday Matveevsky broadcast radio "Russian news service".

    "In practice, self-propelled howitzer" Coalition-SV "allows for a new, improved form of the use of artillery units. That is, reducing the time to perform the task of fire" - said Major General.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat May 16, 2015 9:22 pm

    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult you like a child lol!

    2SPOOKY4U
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 283
    Points : 300
    Join date : 2014-09-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  2SPOOKY4U on Sat May 16, 2015 9:23 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat May 16, 2015 9:29 pm

    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    And according to him Russia's military mismanaged more money than the US's military (which mismanaged over $8 trillion), even though that's a mathematical impossibility considering the difference in defense spending between the two countries over a 20 year time period. Of course when actually pressed for a source to back up his claim, he always went silent.

    2SPOOKY4U
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 283
    Points : 300
    Join date : 2014-09-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  2SPOOKY4U on Sat May 16, 2015 9:32 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    And according to him Russia's military mismanaged more money than the US's military (which mismanaged over $8 trillion), even though that's a mathematical impossibility considering the difference in defense spending between the two countries over a 20 year time period. Of course when actually pressed for a source to back up his claim, he always went silent.

    And he will always know better than us, because he has been to Russia. And no one else has.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Werewolf on Sat May 16, 2015 11:28 pm

    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    And according to him Russia's military mismanaged more money than the US's military (which mismanaged over $8 trillion), even though that's a mathematical impossibility considering the difference in defense spending between the two countries over a 20 year time period. Of course when actually pressed for a source to back up his claim, he always went silent.

    And he will always know better than us, because he has been to Russia. And no one else has.

    Laughing

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat May 16, 2015 11:42 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    And according to him Russia's military mismanaged more money than the US's military (which mismanaged over $8 trillion), even though that's a mathematical impossibility considering the difference in defense spending between the two countries over a 20 year time period. Of course when actually pressed for a source to back up his claim, he always went silent.

    And he will always know better than us, because he has been to Russia. And no one else has.

    Laughing

    How dare you...I'm offended, laughing is for paid Putin agents and propagandists who probably advocates persecuting gays! Unlike our friends the Saudi's, who never persecute gays, women, religious and ethno-religious minorities who are all treated equally, in our beloved Saudi secular democracy which opposes extremist ideology, which is why we in the West never criticize their human rights record... Wink lol1

    marcellogo
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 44
    Points : 46
    Join date : 2012-08-02

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  marcellogo on Sun May 17, 2015 12:19 pm

    collegeboy16 wrote:god, ive been using google translate for slavrunes when i shouldve been using yandex translate instead. lol!

    Quite clearly you can't put content of a two liter bottle (Russian) in a half of a pint glass (English) while the contrary is quite easy.
    So a translator based on a sinthetic i.e. old indo-european language have no problem handling standard european ones, less even an almost totally analytic language like english has become, while the contrary is a pain in the butt.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Dima on Mon May 18, 2015 6:14 pm

    Good side by side photos. The crew is giving a good reference for hull height of T-90, 2S19 and 2S35









    from here https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/said-aminov/album/466834/view/2276194

    Flanky
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 184
    Points : 193
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Flanky on Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 am

    So it can shoot at a range of 70 kms? Impressive... I guess the projectile has to be something rocket assisted? Or is it just that much more initial muzzle velocity?

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  George1 on Fri May 22, 2015 4:25 am

    Rate of "Coalition" have increased by half

    Rate of latest self-propelled artillery systems "Coalition-SV" increased by half compared with earlier counterparts, said RSN Chief of Missile Forces and Artillery of Russian Land Forces, Major-General Michael Matveevsky.
    Compared with existing systems rate increased by 1.5 times. This allows us to perform fire missions in real time. For a minute or two may make a fire attack and leave the position said General Matveevsky.

    http://www.rg.ru/2015/05/18/sau-site-anons.html

    Naval Fan
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 21
    Points : 29
    Join date : 2015-01-20
    Age : 20
    Location : New Zealand

    What are the new Naval gun designs?

    Post  Naval Fan on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:42 am

    Does the Russian navy have any heavy guns planned for use onboard its ships?

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15440
    Points : 16147
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 pm

    The 152mm Coalition programme is a joint Army/Navy programme, though the navy model will likely retain the double barrel configuration as it does not need to fit inside an aircraft for transport...





    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 417
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  jhelb on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:00 pm

    GarryB wrote:The 152mm Coalition programme is a joint Army/Navy programme, though the navy model will likely retain the double barrel configuration as it does not need to fit inside an aircraft for transport...

    Garry, a couple of questions?

    1. Why is the Russian Navy going for a 152 mm gun whereas US and Chinese Navies are opting for 155mm/62 caliber guns?

    2. Does the Russian Navy have any guided ammunition like OTO Melara's VULCANO for their 76mm, 127mm naval guns?

    http://www.otomelara.it/products-services/guided-ammunition/vulcano-127mm

    3. Now that 155mm/62 caliber naval guns are available does the 127mm naval gun have any future?


    2SPOOKY4U
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 283
    Points : 300
    Join date : 2014-09-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  2SPOOKY4U on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:12 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The 152mm Coalition programme is a joint Army/Navy programme, though the navy model will likely retain the double barrel configuration as it does not need to fit inside an aircraft for transport...

    Garry, a couple of questions?

    1. Why is the Russian Navy going for a 152 mm gun whereas US and Chinese Navies are opting for 155mm/62 caliber guns?

    2. Does the Russian Navy have any guided ammunition like OTO Melara's VULCANO for their 76mm, 127mm naval guns?

    http://www.otomelara.it/products-services/guided-ammunition/vulcano-127mm

    3. Now that 155mm/62 caliber naval guns are available does the 127mm naval gun have any future?


    1. 155mm is the caliber chosen by NATO, Russia chose something else. Both have to do with what they adopted during WW2.

    2. Yes, Krasnopol, along with the controlled drag fuse they showed with Koalitsiya.

    3. No.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3345
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:52 am

    jhelb wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The 152mm Coalition programme is a joint Army/Navy programme, though the navy model will likely retain the double barrel configuration as it does not need to fit inside an aircraft for transport...

    Garry, a couple of questions?

    1. Why is the Russian Navy going for a 152 mm gun whereas US and Chinese Navies are opting for 155mm/62 caliber guns?

    2. Does the Russian Navy have any guided ammunition like OTO Melara's VULCANO for their 76mm, 127mm naval guns?

    http://www.otomelara.it/products-services/guided-ammunition/vulcano-127mm

    3. Now that 155mm/62 caliber naval guns are available does the 127mm naval gun have any future?



    I think that..
    All those decisions are largely based on probable conflicts /wars and scenarios.
    When Hitler invaded RUssia.. Russia had to build their artillery to a different caliber to the one Germany used. Why? so that if Germany capture a munition depot from Russia ,they cannot
    use it in their own artillery.  Even the Rails of the train in Russia were done incompatible with the rails of germany trains.. to not allow them use their trains in Russia territory.. and this delayed a lot Germany transportation with trains in Russia.  because rails had to be redone again.

    This is why Russia assault rifles ,Tank guns ,and Artillery guns will always use a different caliber
    munition than the NATO one. If China use same caliber of NATO , it had to be because they are not expecting NATO to invade CHina ever again after they kicked NATO from North korea ,in the korean war. you cannot defeat China in their land with pure man power, they will overwhelm your forces as they did in North Korea to NATO.. and with inferior weapons. So probably China use same caliber of NATO because they expect they will be forced to invade Taiwan or another
    island to fight NATO and they will benefit of using the same caliber of NATO munition. Because
    they know they have superior man power and can break through any army force. Russia is purely defensive nation and cannot rely in numbers of man power and is never bad to prepared for worse case scenario of being invaded again by a pro NATO large force.. being forced to take advantage of its vast terrain ,and force the enemy to over extend its supply lines as was world war 2 vs Germany.. so any munition storage depot lost will be useless to the enemy.

    Interestingly Russia assault rifle AK-12 support multiple caliber ,including NATO ones..
    means that their special forces could operate in any part of Europe and ressupply munition
    using the one capture from NATO forces ,killed in combat.

    but the munition storages they build in Russia are focused on Russian official munition caliber . So if for example  any Chechens are armed with advanced weapons from abroad with NATO weapons ,they will be unable to take advantage of taking control of a munition depot. Because of incompatibility with their NATo weapons.

    All this strategic decisions are thinking in the worst possible scenario..that they cannot use nuclear weapons for x or y reasons.  The simplicity manufacturing of their assault rifles is aimed to make it easier for civilians without combat experience ,in no time to take a rifle and help the mother land. Reason why low maintainance is also important.. Rifles that are idiot proof and can operate  in the hands of normal patriotic civilians for months without cleaning.

    T-72s follows this doctrine ,cheap ,easy to use ,easy to maintain ,easy to repair..
    Armata/Pak-fa in the other hand completely change this. For a different scenario of clean wars
    against Modern weapons from NATO.  So is a risk in terms of price and cost and training.. So i suspect Russia probably will Upgrade T-90 armor and use them as their backbone tank in low level conflicts either Ukraine or Terrorism. and use Armata only when they see Modern NATO tanks in the conflict or modern weapons.  

    So Russia will be good..combining old and new weapons . I do see their T-72s also upgraded
    its armor and mostly used against terrorist fighters.. each tank will have its place in the battlefield. Probably T-72s could be deployed even in the artic.. ask any NATO nations to do that with their tanks with lost of electronics and computer screens..  Electronics and sensors will break in that cold..   Smile But this is also true for ARmata.. but fortunately Russia have lots of Tanks about 15,000 T-72s , according to global fire power that will work even in case of a nuclear conflict ,if not direct hit and not near the place of the bombing.

    The perfect combination is to have both weapons for extreme environment and long conflicts
    and weapons for short duration conflicts again modern armies.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15440
    Points : 16147
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:14 pm

    1. Why is the Russian Navy going for a 152 mm gun whereas US and Chinese Navies are opting for 155mm/62 caliber guns?

    Because 152mm is a Soviet/Russian calibre... whereas 155mm is a western calibre... just the same as 130mm and 100mm are also Russian Naval calibres, while the west uses 114mm and 127mm gun calibres as equivalents.

    2. Does the Russian Navy have any guided ammunition like OTO Melara's VULCANO for their 76mm, 127mm naval guns?

    http://www.otomelara.it/products-services/guided-ammunition/vulcano-127mm

    Yes... 130mm and 152mm... the latter likely being the standard round and will likely have the same range and performance as the land based model... ie 10m CEP and up to 70km range.

    3. Now that 155mm/62 caliber naval guns are available does the 127mm naval gun have any future?

    the bigger the gun the heavier it is, the more space it takes up on the vessel. It is likely there will be situations where a smaller boat wont be big enough to carry a 155mm gun but will have room/capacity to have a 127mm gun.

    For the Russians this is blurred as the new 100mm guns they have developed and fitted to their corvettes are the size and weight of the older 76.2mm guns, so they have a 76.2mm gun sized weapon with the fire power and performance of the 100mm guns. they have also developed a 130mm gun with the footprint of a 100mm gun, and clearly they have Coalition as well which is a 152mm gun, which they have not had in naval service since the Sverdlov was reactivated as a naval gunfire support ship.

    Obviously the Coalition twin gun weapon should be more effective and efficient than a triple barrel manually loaded 152mm gun turret.... or two.

    When Hitler invaded RUssia.. Russia had to build their artillery to a different caliber to the one Germany used. Why? so that if Germany capture a munition depot from Russia ,they cannot
    use it in their own artillery.

    Well that didn't work as the Germans used plenty of Russian artillery types in their units includihng 76.2mm guns and 120mm mortars.

    Even the Rails of the train in Russia were done incompatible with the rails of germany trains.. to not allow them use their trains in Russia territory.. and this delayed a lot Germany transportation with trains in Russia.  because rails had to be redone again.

    That was not done on purpose... they just developed their rail networks separately and they were not compatible... the problems the Germans had on the way in were the same as the Soviets on the way out.

    This is why Russia assault rifles ,Tank guns ,and Artillery guns will always use a different caliber
    munition than the NATO one.

    NATO countries have standardised ammo because they have rules regarding ammo types to make sure they are compatible. Russia and the Soviet Union didn't follow the same rules and have different ammo standards.

    If an enemy enters your territory and runs out of ammo they could simply pick up a local weapon and ammo...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 417
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  jhelb on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:25 pm

    GarryB wrote: and clearly they have Coalition as well which is a 152mm gun, which they have not had in naval service since the Sverdlov was reactivated as a naval gunfire support ship.

    Obviously the Coalition twin gun weapon should be more effective and efficient than a triple barrel manually loaded 152mm gun turret.... or two.

    Garry, one of the major issues that the 152mm gun on board Russian Cruisers/Destroyers may face is that they will have a range of less than 30 miles, and the rocket propellant needed to reach this far and the guidance system leaves little room for explosives in the projectile. Ideally when you have a 152mm you would want to go beyond 100 miles.

    The US Navy is facing this problem with the Zumwalt class.The US Navy tested a 5-inch (127mm) Extended Range Guided Munition (ERGM) for a decade with poor results. Its projectile was mostly guidance and rocket propellant, so it had room for only 19 lbs of submuntions at a cost of $50,000 a round. ERGMs may be useful against a few high-value targets, but are too expensive for general use, their GPS guidance can be jammed, and their warhead is far too small.

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 417
    Points : 481
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  jhelb on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:17 am

    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    3. No.

    But then there are a lot of technical problems with 155mm guns. So I think Navies will have to stick with 127mm for the time being.

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:46 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 am