Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Share

    cracker
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  cracker on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

    sure it's not just a standard one on a road mover? The standard cheapo kamaz cabin makes no sense...
    avatar
    0nillie0
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 53
    Points : 55
    Join date : 2016-05-15
    Age : 30
    Location : Flanders, Belgium

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  0nillie0 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

    cracker wrote:sure it's not just a standard one on a road mover? The standard cheapo kamaz cabin makes no sense...

    I think its meant as a joke, since you can see the chassis ( presumably 2S19, or perhaps new chassis? ) in that picture.
    Highlighted in picture below.

    avatar
    Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 396
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Benya on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:23 pm

    I think it's a Koalitsiya turret on its way to Uralvagonzavod, where it will be fitted onto an Armata chassis
    avatar
    x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 187
    Points : 207
    Join date : 2015-09-19

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  x_54_u43 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm

    Benya wrote:I think it's a Koalitsiya turret on its way to Uralvagonzavod, where it will be fitted onto an Armata chassis

    Actually no, it's a wheeled Koalitsiya platform, it's easy to tell with a larger photo.



    You can see the stabilizers.
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm

    + on top of that, the turret would be much higher off the ground due to being on a tracked platform that is on top of the platform attached to the hitch. So in other words, yeah, this is indeed looking like a wheeled platform.
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4631
    Points : 4739
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 pm


    Old concept art but looks pretty spot on. Personally, I would get a bigger truck just to be safe. Ideally one with armored cab.  

    avatar
    Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 396
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Benya on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 pm

    I think that this one is designed for coastal defense
    avatar
    Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 396
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Benya on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:35 pm

    The "wheeled Koalitsiya"was seen in Nizhny Novgorod a few days ago.

    avatar
    Project Canada
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 607
    Points : 614
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Project Canada on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 pm



    The new self-propelled gun "Coalition-SV" successfully tested

    NPK "Uralvagonzavod" (DC) is preparing a series production self-propelled artillery "Coalition-SV", told reporters on Wednesday the general director Oleg Siyenko.

    "Go test machine. Tests quite successful ", - said Siyenko, answering the question whether the supply of the" Coalition-SV "on exports planned. However, he noted that priority delivery of a new installation of the Russian army.

    Siyenko noted that in order to prepare series production of the new installation carried out a major modernization of production, including the plant number 9.

    Siyenko also said that the new installation is much better options compared to its predecessor - "MSTA-S" - including the range, rate of fire, road performance.

    Self-propelled artillery unit "Coalition-SV" - Russia's 152-mm self-propelled howitzer Brigadier level. "Thunderbird" is developed in Nizhny Novgorod Research Institute. SAU 2S35 is designed for the destruction of tactical nuclear weapons, artillery and mortar batteries, tanks and other armored vehicles, anti-tank weapons, manpower, facilities and missile air defense, command and control centers, as well as to destroy field fortifications and obstructing the maneuvers of enemy reserves.

    https://defence.ru/obichnie-vooruzheniia/novaya-samokhodka-koaliciya-sv-uspeshno-prokhodit-ispitaniya/
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:52 pm

    Some very good news about Koalitsiya, some information has came out about many of it's capabilities:

    Perspective pattern RAV 152mm SG "Coalition - CB"
    Developer - CRI "Petrel", "Uraltransmash" Manufacturer - CRI "Petrel", "Uraltransmash" Assignment : Self-propelled howitzer 2S35 Brigadier level designed to destroy tactical means, artillery and mortar batteries, tanks and other armored vehicles, anti-tank weapons, manpower, air defense and missile defense command and control centers, as well as to destroy the fortifications and obstructing the maneuvers of enemy reserves in the depth of his defense.


    Tactical and technical characteristics:
    The crew - 2 (3) persons.
    The caliber and gun grade - 152 mm 2A88
    gun type - rifled Howitzer
    Barrel length - no more than 52 calibers
    Ammunition - 70 shots
    shooting range - up to 70 km
    Corners guidance, degrees
    horizontal - 360
    Vertical - 75
    Extra machine-gun armament - 1h12,7mm "Kord"
    engine - V-92S2
    engine type - diesel
    Location and number of cylinders of the engine - the V12
    engine power -. 1000l.s
    Displacement 38 880 cubic meters. see
    Engine cooling - fluid
    movement speed - up to 80 km / h
    Cruising range - 560 km
    Weight SG - no more than 48 tonnes

    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgurkhan.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F09%2Fblog-post_13.html%23more&edit-text=&act=url

    Good news that it can hold 70 rounds, while the weight doesn't exceed 48 tons. Now that we know it wont exceed 48 tons, one of the obstacles for adding the second gun has been nearly eliminated, with the idea of a dual gun Koalisiya not being able to be moved by tactical airlift (due to weight). The real question would be is the additional expense and complexity of a second gun be warranted with the performance increase? Is the performance increase necessary? Time will tell.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 16056
    Points : 16687
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 am

    Adding a second gun to a 152mm calibre artillery system makes little real sense.

    It would make the vehicle much heavier and bigger and add a lot of complication by adding an extra gun... beefing up the stabilisation and aiming systems and adding a further two linkless ammo feeds to supply ammo to the second gun.

    The only real advantage of a second gun is an increase in rate of fire, but it cheaper and easier to simply assign more vehicles to a target than lumber the chassis with the extra weight of another gun.

    the only time multiple guns is a good thing is in an anti aircraft weapon that relies on raw rate of fire to be effective... and even that is changing with guided shells making extra barrels redundant in larger calibre weapons.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Neoprime
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 16
    Points : 22
    Join date : 2013-07-20
    Location : USA

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Neoprime on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:17 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Some very good news about Koalitsiya, some information has came out about many of it's capabilities:

    Perspective pattern RAV 152mm SG "Coalition - CB"
    Developer - CRI "Petrel", "Uraltransmash" Manufacturer - CRI "Petrel", "Uraltransmash" Assignment : Self-propelled howitzer 2S35 Brigadier level designed to destroy tactical means, artillery and mortar batteries, tanks and other armored vehicles, anti-tank weapons, manpower, air defense and missile defense command and control centers, as well as to destroy the fortifications and obstructing the maneuvers of enemy reserves in the depth of his defense.


    Tactical and technical characteristics:
    The crew - 2 (3) persons.
    The caliber and gun grade - 152 mm 2A88
    gun type - rifled Howitzer
    Barrel length - no more than 52 calibers
    Ammunition - 70 shots
    shooting range - up to 70 km
    Corners guidance, degrees
    horizontal - 360
    Vertical - 75
    Extra machine-gun armament - 1h12,7mm "Kord"
    engine - V-92S2
    engine type - diesel
    Location and number of cylinders of the engine - the V12
    engine power -. 1000l.s
    Displacement 38 880 cubic meters. see
    Engine cooling - fluid
    movement speed - up to 80 km / h
    Cruising range - 560 km
    Weight SG - no more than 48 tonnes

    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgurkhan.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F09%2Fblog-post_13.html%23more&edit-text=&act=url

    Good news that it can hold 70 rounds, while the weight doesn't exceed 48 tons. Now that we know it wont exceed 48 tons, one of the obstacles for adding the second gun has been nearly eliminated, with the idea of a dual gun Koalisiya not being able to be moved by tactical airlift (due to weight). The real question would be is the additional expense and complexity of a second gun be warranted with the performance increase? Is the performance increase necessary? Time will tell.

    I wonder what type of armor it has?
    avatar
    airstrike
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 131
    Points : 131
    Join date : 2016-07-13

    Russian 1st Guards Tank Army to receive 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV self-propelled howitzers

    Post  airstrike on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 am

    Russian 1st Guards Tank Army to receive 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV self-propelled howitzers

    http://echelon-defense.com/2016/10/22/russian-1st-guards-tank-army-to-receive-2s35-koalitsiya-sv-self-propelled-howitzers/
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10095
    Points : 10585
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  George1 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:08 pm

    Russian Brigades to Receive Koalitsiya-SV Self-Propelled Gun Soon

    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201611181047569859-russia-koalitsiya-self-propelled-gun/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 396
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Benya on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:58 pm

    George1 wrote:Russian Brigades to Receive Koalitsiya-SV Self-Propelled Gun Soon

    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201611181047569859-russia-koalitsiya-self-propelled-gun/

    On Armata or modified T-90 chassis?
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5438
    Points : 5483
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Militarov on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

    Benya wrote:
    George1 wrote:Russian Brigades to Receive Koalitsiya-SV Self-Propelled Gun Soon

    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201611181047569859-russia-koalitsiya-self-propelled-gun/

    On Armata or modified T-90 chassis?

    T-90 for now from what i could figure out
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10095
    Points : 10585
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  George1 on Wed May 31, 2017 4:23 am

    Serial supplies of the "Coalition-SV" to Russian troops will begin until 2020

    MOSCOW, May 29. / TASS /. Serial supplies of self-propelled artillery units "Coalition-SV" into Russian troops will begin until 2020, said the head of the Missile Forces and Artillery Lieutenant-General Mikhail Matveevsky.

    "An inter-service artillery complex, the Coalition-SV, will enter the troops serially," Matveyevsky said, describing plans for the year 2020.

    Self-propelled howitzer 2S35 "Coalition-SV" is designed to destroy command posts, communication centers, artillery and mortar batteries, armored vehicles, including tanks, anti-tank weapons, air defense and anti-missile systems, and the potential enemy's manpower.

    On the "Coalition-SV" a cannon with a caliber of 152 millimeters is installed with a firing rate of more than 10 rounds per minute, which is higher than the rate of firing of other artillery systems. Such indicators were achieved thanks to the design of the charging mechanisms of the gun. Also in the set of weapons "Coalition" is a remote-controlled installation with a machine gun "Cord".

    The choice of target and guidance of the gun can be carried out using a special automated control system, which is equipped with a complex. For firing from the "Coalition" can be used guided missiles. The flight path is corrected using the GLONASS navigation system. High-explosive projectiles can also be used.


    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4290586


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Benya
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 396
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Benya on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 pm

    Russia to have new munitions for the Koalitsiya-SV self-propelled artillery in two-three years

    The Tecmash Concern of the Rostec State Corporation is implementing a program to create new munition for perspective self-propelled artillery gun Koalitsiya-SV (Coalition-SV), Director General of the company Sergei Rusakov said.


    Koalitsiya-SV Self-Propelled Gun

    "The munition has several principally new technical solutions. In several years it can become standard for munitions producers abroad," he said. Tecmash First Deputy Director General Vladimir Tikhonov said the portfolio of orders of the company has many assignments which are at a high stage of completion. "We hope in the coming two-three years to receive a principally new class of munitions, including artillery ones," he said.

    By 2020 Tecmash has to comply with the requirement of the state armaments program to raise the share of modern armaments in the Russian army to 70 percent.

    Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/june_2017_global_defense_security_news_industry/russia_new_artillery_munitions_for_koalitsiya-sv_81206172.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 pm