Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+88
archangelski
Hole
southpark
bolshevik345
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
Tsavo Lion
ATLASCUB
GunshipDemocracy
dino00
Nibiru
LMFS
marcellogo
Azi
Batajnica
Arctic_Fox
miketheterrible
franco
Benya
Isos
JohninMK
storm333
SeigSoloyvov
theking950
jaguar_br
d_taddei2
Book.
OminousSpudd
x_54_u43
r111
Backinblack
Neutrality
ult
Zivo
GJ Flanker
Kyo
KoTeMoRe
Dima
PapaDragon
mutantsushi
Project Canada
2SPOOKY4U
max steel
RTN
victor1985
Vann7
par far
kvs
Mike E
Cpt Caz
Werewolf
eridan
Strizh
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
AbsoluteZero
zg18
Deep Throat
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
TR1
flamming_python
Firebird
AlfaT8
xeno
Hachimoto
ahmedfire
Pyrrus
collegeboy16
Mr.Kalishnikov47
KomissarBojanchev
Sujoy
victor7
TheArmenian
Russian Patriot
George1
Cyberspec
Flanky
Pervius
medo
Viktor
nightcrawler
NationalRus
Austin
GarryB
sepheronx
Vladislav
Admin
92 posters

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News

GarryB
    GarryB

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 Empty Re: UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am

Exactly... and keep in mind that these are UCAVs... they are armed UAVs... which opens a bit of potential business.

If Russia buys a few of these and integrates some of their new weapons systems like Kornet-EM and other weapon types... perhaps even HERMES and Kh-25 and similar light weapons then these weapons become more useful to other countries that use similar drones which might expand their client base and help sell more armaments.

At the same time it will make the drones more capable and Russia will get experience with armed drones which will be fairly new.
    Viktor
    Viktor

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 Empty Re: UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News

Post  Viktor Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:09 am

Defense Ministry will buy 34 Russian drone

LINK

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 TuvjBKa

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 VOXDOx7

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 0xFL4Rm
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 am

Viktor wrote:Defense Ministry will buy 34 Russian drone

LINK

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 TuvjBKa

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 VOXDOx7

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 0xFL4Rm
    Windows!?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 am

Windows XP by the look of it... Smile

BTW nice links of UAVs... the vast majority of which were Russian designs... the last few were Russian made Israeli designs, but all seemed to be actual operational systems rather than mockup prototypes.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Russia is developing the drone strike on the basis of fighter T-50
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Interesting development

LINK

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 TUcSGLq

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 6QLmpjc

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 HgDaPUA

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 XklSPqO

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 XpVf0DK

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 VHi3Ndi

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 am

We have a date.

Impact UAV weighing 20 tons will appear in Russia in 2018

MOSCOW, October 3 - RIA Novosti. first sample of the impact of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), weighing 20 tons, is being developed by "dry", will appear in 2018, and the five-ton hammer drone, developed by "Falcon" will be created at the turn of 2015 - 2016, told RIA Novosti on Thursday, a high-ranking source in the Russian military-industrial complex (MIC).
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:04 pm

GarryB wrote:It is not just new toys, it is important to be able to use them in surprise situations that are not planned well in advance... this is very good.

I have heard about things like this in the Soviet times where a scheduled exercise... say a tank shooting exercise would start with the tank crews being ordered to fill the fuel tanks and external tanks and then drive for 10 hours to a shooting range 1,000km away for their firing test with no prior warning.

...real testing.
    On the same topic, I was interested to watch an American programme about the US elite troops vs Speznaz. Basically scoring each side and saying who would win in a group duel in battle. Ofcourse you would think in a US programme, the Americans would win hands down, right?

WRONG!!

Even the US programme had to say the Speznaz would win. And by quite a substantial margin. russia 

Ofcourse we have Russia and America never go to war against each other. And also, such assessments are difficult to do.

However, one key point was the sheer intensity of the Speznaz training. Deaths in training in the Speznaz were not *that* uncommon. Ofcourse any combat death is terrible. And that is why I am glad to see stuff like drones, new missiles etc being designed.

But the fact remains, extreme training breeds extreme performance.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 pm

If US special forces and Russain Spetsnaz end up in a duel with each other than I'd say that the special forces commands of both countries have fucked up majorly with their intelligence and task-planning.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 pm

flamming_python wrote:If US special forces and Russain Spetsnaz end up in a duel with each other than I'd say that the special forces commands of both countries have fucked up majorly with their intelligence and task-planning.
    Seriously, that's one of the least likely scenarios ever.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 pm

TR1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:If US special forces and Russain Spetsnaz end up in a duel with each other than I'd say that the special forces commands of both countries have fucked up majorly with their intelligence and task-planning.
    Seriously, that's one of the least likely scenarios ever.
    Ofcourse yes. It was just a computer simulation to compare weapons, skill levels etc between the 2. Was v interesting.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:43 am

Of course when you want to get the measure of something you have made you test it against the best alternative... that means of course there will be comparisons fair or unfair as it might be.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:11 pm

A reporter from Voice of Russia told me yesterday that Russia’s Berkut Aero design bureau is working on a drone based on the Berkut VL superlight two-seat helicopter.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Sujoy wrote:A reporter from Voice of Russia told me  yesterday that Russia’s Berkut Aero design bureau is working on a drone based on the Berkut VL superlight two-seat helicopter.
    Yep I guess that's the joint project with the UAE - they either signed an agreement already or were holding talks with Russia on making a UAV version of the Berkut-VL
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am

I hope that improves the prospects of the original light helo itself as it looked like a cool little machine.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm trying to get my head around the major UAV/UCAV programs in Russia (not touching the myriad of small size UAV programs/ purchases yet). Reading here and there, i've got the following:
    Inokhodets, a 1 ton class UAV.
    Altyus-M, a 5 ton class UAV.
    Okhotnik-B and Okhotnik-U, heavy 20 ton class UCAV, collaboration between MiG and Sukhoi

Now there's obviously something missing here, a Skat size, 10 ton class UCAV. Is such an aircraft, a descendant of Skat if you like, planned to be built by MiG alone (as some news seem to point out), or after Skat was cancelled there isn't a 10 ton UCAV planned for the Russian MOD ? Any more details would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 am

I don't think they will be filling all the gaps... they will look at what they need and then develop craft to fill those needs.

In other words just because they have 1,3,5, or whatever ton class UCAVs doesn't mean they need a 7, 9, 12 etc, equally a 10 ton class sounds like a useful size but in actual fact it may not.

Also with the different branches of the military with different needs I rather suspect for instance the Army UAVs will be rather different from the UAVs of the Air Force... let alone the special forces and Navy etc etc.

In fact I would think the helicopter based UAV recently talked about might be Naval or Army rather than Air Force.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 Empty Tu-139, Yastreb-2

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:58 am

As I picked a photo of Tu-139 Yastreb-2 for my avatar, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of this UAV here.
    UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 Tu-139_01
    UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News - Page 8 Tu-139_02
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:34 am

RuAF Commander VICTOR COOPER (Victor Bondarev) Receives Gift from Iran Air Force Commander

Google translation

Iran, Russia has presented a copy of the UAV ScanEagle October 22nd, 1:45
    The commander of aerospace forces of the Revolutionary Guards ( IRGC ) of Iran , Brigadier General Amirali Hajizadeh October 21, 2013 donated to being in an official visit to Iran, the commander of the Russian Air Force and Air Defence , Lieutenant General VN Bondarev Iranian copy of the U.S. Small unmanned aircraft Boeing Insitu ScanEagle (Yasur).

" ScanEagle UAV production of the Revolutionary Guards is a symbol of Iran's technical capabilities ," said Hajizadeh . The general gave the machine as a gift , " General Bondarev and Russian people." Lieutenant General VN Bondarev in his response, welcomed the possibility of the IRGC , and said that Iran has made great achievements and successes . Bondarev a delegation arrived in Iran on October 19 for a four-day visit at the invitation of the Iranian Air Force commander Brigadier General Hassan Shah- Safi .

18 kg small UAV Boeing Insitu ScanEagle in recent years and is widely used by the Navy U.S. Marine Corps , as well as some U.S. allies , including for surveillance in the waters of the Persian Gulf. In 2012, Iran stated that the IRGC forces captured two fallen into Iranian territorial waters UAV ScanEagle, and that it will take steps to copy them (one of the UAVs caught allegedly belonged to the Canadian Navy) . At the beginning of 2013 were shown the first mass-produced copies of the Iranian UAV ScanEagle, called Yasur, and in September the delivery of the armed forces of Iran.
    Video: http://www.aparat.com/v/Ukb8i

Last edited by TheArmenian on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 am

VICTOR COOOOOOOOOOOOOPER!

You can bet Russia got access to the Beast of Khandar.
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Good For Russia , Now they will learn how to make good UAV from their Iranian Brother Razz 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:31 am

I suspect the more relevant aspect is Iran showing Russia how well they can copy the American drone, I suspect they will be interested in joint development of other UAVs and perhaps UCAVs and their donation of this Iranian made version of a US UAV is to show what they can achieve on their own.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Very interesting list of russian UAV/UCAV programmes currently in research/ development phase (compiled from open sources apparently), new to me is the RSK MiG Goshchik, possibly powered by AI-222 engine (s?). I was asking before about just this class of UAV (10ton?), so looks like there is one in the works after all ? Any more details about this Goshchik from our more knowledgeable members?

http://vif2ne.ru/nvk/forum/archive/2524/2524236.htm
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 am

Sorry... that is news to me.

This link to a site that is no longer live from 2010 has some good information about Russian UAV makers... obviously it is out of date now but you might find it interesting:

http://igorrgroup.blogspot.co.nz/2010/05/russia-uavs-part-1.html

Deep Throat
    Deep Throat

Post  Deep Throat Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 am

GarryB wrote:Sorry... that is news to me.

This link to a site that is no longer live from 2010 has some good information about Russian UAV makers... obviously it is out of date now but you might find it interesting:

http://igorrgroup.blogspot.co.nz/2010/05/russia-uavs-part-1.html

Yes , that's right Garry . Igor's Defunct Humanity blog was just great . Maybe coz of lack of time Igor no longer updates that blog .

I remember you used to post on it and probably Sujoy , that is if he is the same individual from Igor's blog .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 pm