Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

Pervius
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

Post  Pervius on Thu May 12, 2011 12:21 am

"I doubt US will risk the lives of 300M people "........."the hipocracy is clear for all to see."

The ruling Class in the United States will do whatever it has to do to make money. If it has to kill it's own people to make money, they'll do it.

There was this new medical procedure where they go through patients sides and rip out their spine discs, hammer in a plastic spacer, then close them up. Nothing holding the vertebrae together.

America killed, crippled their own to make money. And all the world sits back and laughs at how they made that money.

Why people want to go to America is beyond me. I bet the US will get China to side with them to topple Russia, promise China the first 10 years of resources taken from Russia. America gets to put it's banks in Russia and keeps it's corrupt financial system going. After China's depleted it's military hardware taking out Russia it would be easy for the Illuminati to topple China..what's left of them and whallah...Earth has a King.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu May 12, 2011 5:23 am

I bet the US will get China to side with them to topple Russia, promise China the first 10 years of resources taken from Russia.

Nah... you got it all wrong.

The US used the Chinese to topple the Soviets, because the Soviets were a significant military power and potential rival to US domination of the world.
    The Chinese were nothing.

Now Russia is an empty shell still trying to get on its feet after having most of its components ripped apart and split over the various former Soviet republics and then having gone through 20 years of mismanagment and economic collapses... its future now looks much brighter than it has for a century, because while it has lost its traditional eastern european markets it has also lost the burden of having to carry an empire made up of the poor and the backward that the west had rejected for whatever reason.

It is China that is the real threat to the US... just look at the Chinese economy and the economic situation in the world today.

The US wont try to use China against Russia, it will try to use Russia against China.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm

don't want to insult people who are participating in this exercise, but those exercises are nothing to worry about. It's more or less of Nato trying to show their buffer zone that they care. It's not even close to those in Russia. Hell I would pay money just to participate there with salvos of TOS flying overhead, massive formations of armour passing through:-) All we did was just tactical stuff involving same situations all over against inferior irregular army, insurgents, terrorist camps.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:54 am

This thread was first posted in 2010 so the exercise is well and truly over now.

These little games are often staged with smaller member countries to remind them they are part of a larger group and make them feel big.

The problems start when you have a moron like Saakashvili in command of a country and his delusions lead him to make very stupid mistakes that cost lots of people their lives for very little result or gain.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:15 am

GarryB wrote:This thread was first posted in 2010 so the exercise is well and truly over now.

These little games are often staged with smaller member countries to remind them they are part of a larger group and make them feel big.

The problems start when you have a moron like Saakashvili in command of a country and his delusions lead him to make very stupid mistakes that cost lots of people their lives for very little result or gain.
    Yes, sorry for necromancy :)But even if Baltic countries can be very anti-Russian at the times it will never act irrational as Saakashvili. For example most dangerous assets that Lithuania have are L-39 and M113. Sweden even offered to keep their tanks in Baltics but their offer was refused. And no to mention Baltic people have different mentality than our hot tempered Georgian friends. No offence to them, I hope they get rid of Saaka soon, he lost his popularity even amongst Russian haters.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Just goes to show it just takes one hot head to ruin things for others.

I remember reading about an Austrian fool about 60-70 odd years ago gave Germans a bad name... and another Georgian a wee bit earlier who gave the Soviets a bad name too.

Personally I don't blame the Georgians or the Germans or the Soviets for the things done in their name... I blame governments.

It is interesting that at the moment I am reading about the conflict in the late 1930s in Mongolia between Japan and the Soviets and during that period... the end of a great world wide depression, there were a lot of people looking at Soviet achievements of the time in turning around their largely agricultural economy and the forced industrialisation... the growth, which was all played up for propaganda... it appeared in the west to be a solution to their condition, yet in Germany Hitler was able to do something about the depression too... building up infrastructure, investing in industry, and spending money on a large military... the problem is that you can only spend more on your military before you start wanting to use it.

Of course the situation is different now, the Russian army is not being built up, it is being scaled down and updated after a period of neglect for 20 years. In comparison the western military has been in continuous use for the last 20 years with ample budgets, and now the money is not there anymore, so as the budgets shrink it will be interesting to see what happens.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Post  nemrod on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Russian Patriot wrote:NATO plans military exercises near Russian border

RIA Novosti

04/03/201011:25

MOSCOW, March 4 (RIA Novosti) - NATO has announced it will hold military exercises involving fighter planes over the Baltic Sea this month, the first in a series of military drills to be held this year near the Russian border.

The Baltic Region Training Event training mission will take place over the former Soviet republics of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, and will involve French Mirage 2000C, Polish F-16, and Lithuanian L-39 Albatross fighters, along with U.S. aerial tankers....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2010/03/mil-100304-rianovosti01.htm

Normaly, a neighbourg should search to have good relationships with its proximity.
    Especially for these 3 countries like Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia that are in fact runts comparing to Russia.
    Since the begining of their so-called "independance", they are looking for just one thing, to hurt, to provokate Russia, in order to trigger a new world war. There is an indadmissible behaviour.
    Indeed, what are they going to obtain by this provocation ?
    Will Russia send its tanks inside Riga, Vilnius, Talin ? Doesn't it be a good idea, to confiscate their few hardwares that provide them Nato ? Is it possible to private them their nato-toys ?
    If Russia stays quiet, tomorrow they will allow USA to install Pershing II. And what else ?
    Fortunetly, in Europe there are many countries realize now there is no solution only to have good relationships with Russia. Europe needs more Russia than the contrary. Germany is not ready to follow these troublemakers to trigger a new world war. Poland is now realizing there no better options other than having a good partnership with Moscow.

Do not forget that in 1962 USA was ready to trigger a world war because Nikita Khrushev set up nuclear weapons in Cuba. Washington did not tolerate any soviet military presence in Cuba.
    And now, what USA should say if Russia undergoes drills with Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela ?
    The problem is Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 pm

nemrod wrote:...
    Sorry, but this is a nonsense. So called independence is in fact thing worth dying for and so we did in 13th of January. Russians too fought and died to be free so why we are different than them? And apart some things we are completely independent, but we have to do our duties too. I'm not fan of EU as it is shady union, I'm afraid of what it is becoming. Non military Soviet union 2 with sad ending? Nato on other hand is good thing for us. Our army is no where close to Georgian army and we feel way safer without any paranoia. I'm from Lithuania and if You are a Russian You will always will be welcome here if You come without weapons Smile Russians still visit our country a lot and don't spew hatred towards us like You did. I think You might change Your mind about us.
    Yeah, I know we have our minority of narrow minded folks who hate russians/americans/same lithuanians, but Russia have same people too. We have then in both of our governments. I have family members living in Russia and I know Russian language like my own so I really know what I'm talking about.

Since the begining of their so-called "independance", they are looking for just one thing, to hurt, to provokate Russia, in order to trigger a new world war. There is an indadmissible behaviour.
    Hahaha! You tell me more about this I might tell that to my russian friends in Lithuania. Smile We are nowhere close to Georgia when it comes to irrational behaviour. You have to understand that there is no plans to recreate Grand Duchy of Lithuania and like Russians politicians ours are interested in filling their pockets. There is no need to talk nonsense when You see what's happening up close.

Will Russia send its tanks inside Riga, Vilnius, Talin ? Doesn't it be a good idea, to confiscate their few hardwares that provide them Nato ? Is it possible to private them their nato-toys ?
    Are You serious? Tell me why would You want that? M113 is our tank Very Happy Nato toys doesn't come brand new and we have to buy everything and guess if how many major purchases in 20 years? Tell me more about army I've served

If Russia stays quiet, tomorrow they will allow USA to install Pershing II. And what else ?
    We said no for NATO to station their tanks in Lithuania. Why the hell we need Pershing II You think we don't have voice at all? To be honest EU has more control over us than NATO. And EU is all about exploiting us for economical gain. We are buffer zone. All exercises You've seen are not a threat to Russia and our military was finally fixed in those years when it was a mess. Now I really can be proud of it even if we have outdated equipment.
    Oh check this if You are still afraid for Russia

And to add fuel to fire, we view Russians more positive than people who live in Russian federation.(Chechens, Dagestanis and etc)
    Russian foreign politics aren't perfect too and Russia likes to play dirty too. We have loads of Russian influence in Lithuania and sometimes it's good for Russia to be our enemy just to scare people, get bribes from Russia just to change our opinion on some matters and so on, we don't wage jihad, just pragmatical business and there is only grinding between us, but I don't see anything negative in this. I like Russian people and military not their politics. And Russians like our products we sell Smile

Last edited by Regular on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry for my rant, just got angry a bit)

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 pm

"And to add fuel to fire, we view Russians more positive than people who live in Russian federation.(Chechens, Dagestanis and etc)"

Out of curiosity, why?
    There are a lot more ethnic Russians in the Baltic countries to make an opinion, positive or negative.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 pm

TR1 wrote:
    "And to add fuel to fire, we view Russians more positive than people who live in Russian federation.(Chechens, Dagestanis and etc)"

Out of curiosity, why? There are a lot more ethnic Russians in the Baltic countries to make an opinion, positive or negative.
    Maybe it's because we do have more in common. Well for once we don't drive in Moscow shooting AK's, we live there and blend amongst Russians perfectly. Some of Russians don't do the same in my country while others know lithuanian better than native speakers (my lithuanian and german teacher was infact Russian). Maybe it's my opinion, but Dagestani and Chechen unemployed youth have too much free time on their hands and build unhealthy hostility towards Russians in general. Some of them manifest it and some of them are fighting their war on runet

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.
    Ethnic Russians after all cause most of the stupidity in Russia Wink.

Anyways I am curious because most of my family lives in Dagestan.
    I think ethnic identities are stupid and useless int he 21st century, but thats just me.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

TR1 wrote:Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.

I think ethnic identities are stupid and useless int he 21st century, but thats just me.
    Can You tell me what is life like in Dagestan at the moment? Never had chance to visit it (was a kid in SU times and we went to Sochi or Georgia, Abkhazia for holidays)
    Ethnic Lithuanians have their share too. I for example I could go on and on about what fools we have. Our radical nazi loving, genocide whitewashing nationalists and their involvement are a shame we like to ignore. Majority of people don't care and that is another problem. They are more interested in heating prices than anything else.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 pm

It is far from ideal.
    Really corrupt, lots of shootings and bombing, basically situation has gone downhill since USSR, but is getting slowly better now.
    Makhachkala is looking nicer these days than 10 years ago.

I don't visit very often at all though, so I am not the best source of the situation first hand.

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:25 am

Regular wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Well, same could be said of unemployed peoples everywhere.

Can You tell me what is life like in Dagestan at the moment? Never had chance to visit it (was a kid in SU times and we went to Sochi or Georgia, Abkhazia for holidays)
    Ethnic Lithuanians have their share too. I for example I could go on and on about what fools we have. Our radical nazi loving, genocide whitewashing nationalists and their involvement are a shame we like to ignore. Majority of people don't care and that is another problem. They are more interested in heating prices than anything else.

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians respekt it always amazes me that most neo-Nazis aren't from Germany but from more eastern countries like Poland, Ukraine and the Baltic states and it amazes me how they still support them when generalplan ost stated that 50-80% of those nationalities should be exterminated or that those west Ukrainian Nazis should technically hate the polish more since it was them that ruled and frequently occupied the Lvov region t than the Russians.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:50 am

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians

Don't let the anger of a few idiots colour your view of an entire group.

I knew Regular was from Lithuania... just google the words on the picture below his name and you will know they are Lithuanian...

Being neighbours doesn't automatically make you friends... infact sharing a border can be difficult and past conflicts always simmering under the surface can make real friendships difficult, but at the end of the day it makes more sense to get along and trade and earn money together than to ignore or crush your neighbours.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians :@
    That is funny, I've met some people like that too but only on internet. Russians serve in our military, most of them in the navy. I bet they would be happy to hear such statement.
    And...
    Hitler wasn't going for Russians. He was going for Jews and everyone that was against him.
    Before German invasion Stalin started mass deportations in Lithuania, so You can guess that it wasn't nice either. When Germans came they pretended to be saviours, but it turned out worse. We where not aryan material either no matter how many Jews our puppet government killed our country was already planned for German colonists to repopulate so our fate was sealed. Stalin repressions where bad but when he wasn't interested in total extermination of nations.
    Funny thing - I've seen many Russian neo-nazis too, some of them glorify Hitler, they have SS tatoos and etc. I don't really know if they read history, maybe You can be fascinated with Wermacht in some way but for god sake, not nazi ideology. It has to do with 90ties mess and rise of nationalism as new thing. We were brewing in same pot for so many years so no wonder why we have same problems and same nonsenses. Healthy nationalism is not bad and to love Your own country is nothing wrong, but there is an extreme side to it. Glorifying it to the extreme, like minority in Lithuania do. Funny thing - 44 percent of people are strongly against pseudo-patriots and 23 percent don't even know some they exist, they just don't care. No family has no imbecile (Russian saying)

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I didn't know there were Russian military personell in the Lithuanian army. in fact I didn't know there were even many Russians in Lithuania. I've heard they were only common in Latvia and Estonia. BTW what kind of ships the Lithuanian navy have? Are there any soviet ones still in service?

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Regular wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:

You're the only Lithuanian I've seen so far on the internet that doesn't say he regrets that Hitler didn't exterminate all russians :@
    That is funny, I've met some people like that too but only on internet. Russians serve in our military, most of them in the navy. I bet they would be happy to hear such statement.
    And...
    Hitler wasn't going for Russians. He was going for Jews and everyone that was against him.
    Before German invasion Stalin started mass deportations in Lithuania, so You can guess that it wasn't nice either. When Germans came they pretended to be saviours, but it turned out worse. We where not aryan material either no matter how many Jews our puppet government killed our country was already planned for German colonists to repopulate so our fate was sealed. Stalin repressions where bad but when he wasn't interested in total extermination of nations.
    Funny thing - I've seen many Russian neo-nazis too, some of them glorify Hitler, they have SS tatoos and etc. I don't really know if they read history, maybe You can be fascinated with Wermacht in some way but for god sake, not nazi ideology. It has to do with 90ties mess and rise of nationalism as new thing. We were brewing in same pot for so many years so no wonder why we have same problems and same nonsenses. Healthy nationalism is not bad and to love Your own country is nothing wrong, but there is an extreme side to it. Glorifying it to the extreme, like minority in Lithuania do. Funny thing - 44 percent of people are strongly against pseudo-patriots and 23 percent don't even know some they exist, they just don't care. No family has no imbecile (Russian saying)
    Did stalin really deport half of the Lithuanian population in Siberia ? If that were true there would be a substantial amount of Lithuanian habitants there but this isn't the case? Did they return? I've heard that after WW2 the soviet authorities deported anyone that collaborated with the Nazis.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:41 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I didn't know there were Russian military personell in the Lithuanian army. in fact I didn't know there were even many Russians in Lithuania. I've heard they were only common in Latvia and Estonia. BTW what kind of ships the Lithuanian navy have? Are there any soviet ones still in service?
    I mean Russians in Lithuanian military. It's only 6% (I believe it could be bigger number) less than in Latvia, but for example 20 percent of population in Klaipeda(port city) is Russian. Not to mention the ones who got assimilated are in mixed family and etc.
    I think we only have one or two Soviet ships in service and most of what we have are and other are old ships from Denmark, England and etc. In total we have about 12 ships or so. Miners and patrol boats. Nothing to write home about, but no need for more.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:24 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Did stalin really deport half of the Lithuanian population in Siberia ? If that were true there would be a substantial amount of Lithuanian habitants there but this isn't the case? Did they return? I've heard that after WW2 the soviet authorities deported anyone that collaborated with the Nazis.
    Not half, ever 4th. There were waves of deportation. 16 thousand people were deported to Siberia without charges in 1941 under the first occupation. I'm pretty sure that they didn't collaborate with Nazi Germany and if some did they had enough time to go away after Soviet union gave note. At that time and it was Molotov-Ribentrop pact. Most of deportations were decided by local communists and some of them were personal.
    After that Germans came and we lost 300000 people, most of them were Jews, but there was Lithuanians who wanted to help them by hiding them or helping them to escape. Again, we had own bastards being more than eager to kill our own citizens.
    And after re-occupation by Soviets until 1952 we had 300000 people deported to Siberia. Only few of them had anything with Nazis, but it was up to local communists and enforcers to judge if the person/family was worth it. 35 percent of deported people died there. It wasn't holiday camp. Some people died in animal wagons while being transported to Siberia, they had to eat their leather belts and leather shoes because couldn't keep up with hunger. Not to mention population displaced by massive destruction that was caused by war and ensuing partisan fights that again only lowered our number as Istrebiteli and partisans fighting them were Lithuanians.
    So I can asure You that no sane Lithuanian would love Hitler or Stalin. Both were almost equally bad for us. I'm not talking about Russians or Germans it wasn't for them to decide.
    Just FYI, Russians were in labour camps too, most of the kulaks that were sent there died, they didn't have chance to wait till Stalin died and destalinisation process began. To be honest, it was Stalin was more cruel to Russians when You look at sheer number of people of people that died. He was Georgian so I think he didn't care. I've heard that Georgians lived better than rest of the people in Soviet union and when Stalin died and destalinisation began, they protested it and started riots.

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Latvia demands Permanent NATO Bases

Post  nemrod on Thu May 22, 2014 7:21 am

Latvia Insists Russia -would- "Becoming More Aggressive"

http://news.antiwar.com/2014/05/21/latvia-demands-permanent-nato-bases/

nemrod
    Major
    Major

NATO would respond militarily to Crimea-style infiltration in Ukraine: General Philip Breedlove

Post  nemrod on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:43 pm

As USA are in economic cra$h, in a deep depression, the best way to refund money that was borrowed is to threaten your debtor. However this time, no one is duped, the games are over for USA, everyone knows very well that US as Nato, cannot afford to wage a new war against Russia and China. This time it is not the weak and isolated Iraq, neither the litlle Serbia. This time won't be virtual war, this time won't be the old migs full of duty, and poor trained pilots, neither won"t be old outdated sam, neither old electronic hardware, neither poor motived soldiers. US military staff knows very well what a war would be.
    In fact the hope of US is to driven as much as possible the maximum of countries to break their relations with the dynamic economic Brics countries. But this hope leads to nowhere for US.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-17/news/52901512_1_general-philip-breedlove-non-nato-member-ukraine-nato-summit

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1624281

Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Flyingdutchman on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:53 am

nemrod wrote:
    As USA are in economic cra$h, in a deep depression, the best way  to refund money that was borrowed is to threaten your debtor. However this time, no one is duped, the games are over for USA,  everyone knows very well that US as Nato, cannot afford to wage a new war against Russia and China. This time it is not the weak and isolated Iraq, neither the litlle Serbia. This time won't be virtual war, this time won't be the old migs full of duty, and poor trained pilots, neither won"t be old outdated sam, neither old electronic hardware, neither poor motived soldiers. US military staff knows very well what a war would be.
    In fact the hope of US is to driven as much as possible the maximum of countries to break their relations with the dynamic economic Brics countries. But this hope leads to nowhere for US.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-17/news/52901512_1_general-philip-breedlove-non-nato-member-ukraine-nato-summit

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1624281

He doesn't say he would intervene in Ukraine, but in other NATO countries…

nemrod
    Major
    Major

US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine

Post  nemrod on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 am

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-02/us-troops-are-heading-ukraine

US prepares military drill in W. Ukraine for mid-September
    http://endthelie.com/2014/09/02/us-prepares-military-drill-in-w-ukraine-for-mid-september/#LQIaFD3Shepb3Swx.99

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Russian General Demands Preemptive Nuclear Strike Doctrine Against NATO

Post  nemrod on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 am

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-04/major-escalation-russian-general-demands-preemptive-nuclear-strike-doctrine-against-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:08 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 pm