Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+17
Broski
Rodion_Romanovic
Big_Gazza
Scorpius
George1
ALAMO
zare
TMA1
GarryB
Arrow
Isos
lancelot
limb
franco
Podlodka77
sepheronx
AMCXXL
21 posters

MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:39 pm

@AMCXXL, I don't think this has been posted before on this thread.  Impressive stuff, MiG-31BM firing at least 3 R-37Ms that I can see of including the one already showing its smoke trail at the start of the clip.  Now if the genius who decided to add such a huge and irritatingly moving watermark for some stupid reason could get a little smack upside the head so he never does that again, I I would appreciate that.

Last edited by Gomig-21 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, George1, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2

Post  TMA1 Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:18 pm

Awesome find gomig. Those R-37m travel so fast even at long range the missiles are travelling at about mach 4 streaking downwards towards you. As soon as its active seeker head lights up, it is already over doe you. They describe it as lightning out of the blue.

GarryB, Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E and Gomig-21 like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:46 pm

TMA1 wrote:Awesome find gomig. Those R-37m travel so fast even at long range the missiles are travelling at about mach 4 streaking downwards towards you. As soon as its active seeker head lights up, it is already over doe you. They describe it as lightning out of the blue.

Dang, bro!  That was quite the description you had me looking behind me for a second lol.  Imagine the receiving aircraft's MAWs sensors lighting up in the cockpit with all sorts of alarms and red lights and the old common, supposedly soothing female voice recording saying "Warning...Warning" "Missile lock" oooff talk about stress.  At that speed, by the time the warning bells are chiming there isn't much time left for any evasive tactics, especially using electronic warfare countermeasures and trying to jam the missile unless it's merely a flick of a switch.  Either way, what are the percentages of dodging the first missile let alone the 2nd as well.    

After further reviewing that short clip, it appears the first missile is fired from another aircraft, one that is much closer to the one filming.  It's amazing it would be that close because you can even see the start of the smoke trail and where the missile ignites its propellent after being released from whatever aircraft was there, most likely another MiG-31BM, regardless of the depth of field.

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E, TMA1 and jon_deluxe like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:40 pm

MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2 - Page 5 Scree162
    MiG-31BM/Κ Interceptor/Attack aircraft: News #2 - Page 5 Scree163

Mig 31 using Zaslon with R37 in TWS (track while scanning)

The pics are awesome but the video is better, you can see the flight path of r37 on the right which shows the perspective of the target longitudinally

The missile weaves in an S-curve going from high to low to gain as much speed in the initial phase

We can also see IFF on the zaslon as well as the cone of the radar waves

Red is enemy, green is the missile

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, JPJ, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, owais.usmani, lancelot and TMA1 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:59 pm

Mig 31 using Zaslon with R37 in TWS (track while scanning)
    Looks like Space Invaders 2.0 Very Happy

GarryB, owais.usmani and TMA1 like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm

Posts about MiG-31 ASAT moved here: MiG-31DZ ASAT

GarryB and Eugenio Argentina like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:10 pm

MiG-31I fighters receive air refueling system

MOSCOW, April 18. /TASS/. MiG-31I fighter jets have been upgraded and received an air refueling system to increase the combat radius, a defense industry source told TASS.

"MiG-I fighters of the Russian long-range aviation received a possibility to refuel in the air and increased the combat engagement distance," the source said.

Another source said MiG-31I differs from previous MiG-K option by "different engines, avionics and missiles."

TASS has no official confirmation of the report.

The Izvestia daily earlier said MiG-31I will be able to refuel in the air. The fighter has electronic systems that increase the flight characteristics and capabilities. The jet is equipped with an electronic remote control system and onboard computers that automatically bring the jet into the required trajectory and fire a hypersonic missile at the calculated time.

https://tass.com/defense/1776985

GarryB, franco, xeno, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Hole and lancelot like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:48 am