Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
Maximmmm
nero
kvs
ucmvulcan
crod
GarryB
Tingsay
zorobabel
Scorpius
LMFS
JohninMK
Kiko
ALAMO
VARGR198
Firebird
Azi
Rasisuki Nebia
Rodion_Romanovic
Krepost
Werewolf
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
adder
Kriva
lyle6
zepia
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
The Ottoman
Backman
miketheterrible
nomadski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Ghoster
wilhelm
Arsenic
Big_Gazza
bitcointrader70
George1
caveat emptor
Singular_Transform
dino00
Mir
Urluber
Finty
Pacense
Arkanghelsk
Hole
hoom
Cheetah
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
billybatts91
Yugo90
flamming_python
Isos
par far
owais.usmani
Lurk83
auslander
teh_beard
d_taddei2
mr_hd
EkErilaz
ali.a.r
Karl Haushofer
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
limb
mnztr
Airbornewolf
Vann7
Regular
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
rigoletto
89 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Dude how am I supposed to know? Were in uncharted waters now

Let's see how those negotiations go but I hope we go back to normal soon , it's not a good feeling
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Kharkov map, russian source from 27th february 11:30

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 8 Update10

Hannibal Barca, kvs, Finty, Broski, Urluber and billybatts91 like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Regular wrote:So sanctions will be canceled now? Ukraine will give up? What's the point of so-called DEFCON, can someone please explain as I don't really understand these pecularities? Why there's a need for it now?

This is normal procedure during high tension times. There have been quite a few over the decades but we are still breathing relatively fresh air around the globe.

Regular and miketheterrible like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:28 pm

It would have had more effect in my opinion if it went along with a Russia pause on Gas deliveries to certain countries in Europe over whatever excuse. Nukes minus gas... perfect panic combo.

Send the markets into a frenzy. But Russia probably doesn't have a response well prepared yet, and it may also be waiting for any of the remaining tranches of western sanctions.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:29 pm

Regular wrote:So sanctions will be canceled now? Ukraine will give up? What's the point of so-called DEFCON, can someone please explain as I don't really understand these pecularities? Why there's a need for it now?

They are going to be bluddy.

IMO sending light vehicles get destroyed like cheap and older Tirg and MT-LB was to show that they are hoping for a peaceful ending quickly and that nazis will fight hard so they need to increase their power.

They probably let lot of that equipement get destroy. Soldiers park them in front of ukrainian, leave the area and let the ukrainians destroy it.

We saw lot of vehicles destroyed or abondoned but very few killed frankly. And most is either light and cheap or outdated. Many btr-80 but no btr-82. Many unarmed tirg but 0 armed tigr...

Now Zelensky will reject russians talks.

That will give the right to use heavy forces.

lancelot likes this post

Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

Post  Singular_Transform Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:29 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:
    A message from the Russian Ministry of Defense about the use of white phosphorus in the Gostomel region is circulating on telegram channels . Yesterday this information came from our sources in Gostomel, but we were waiting for additional confirmation. The words of the defense department are confirmed by a published image from the Sentinel-2 satellite, where fires with characteristic white smoke are blazing around the Antonov airport in Gostomel.

It is very likely that the ukrovermacht is in such a desperate situation that it considers it possible to use ammunition prohibited by all conventions.

https://t.me/s/SIL0VIKI

Not prohibited.

The USA frequently use it today as well, they like it due to the thermal and chemical effects.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/06/14/iraq/syria-danger-us-white-phosphorus

GarryB likes this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:31 pm

par far wrote:
    Urluber wrote:I can't believe Russia is again going for negotiations.

Kiev is using the negotiation option only as a way to buy time. They say we're going to negotiate, Russia winds down operation, Ukraine prepares new positions and calls negotiations off.

This is starting to look quite bad.

The military operation will continue by the looks of it, while negotiations take place.

Hope you are right.

In my opinion, after Kiev going back and forth so many times already, it would project power if Moscow said Kiev can just fax them the draft for agreement on unconditional and immediate surrender. Moscow then takes a look and either rejects or accepts it. If accepted, the signing ceremony can take place.
    Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:32 pm

I believe white phosphorous is only prohibited for use in civilian areas. A lot of militaries use it as a smoke screen perfectly legally.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:35 pm

You never say no to negotiations. I just don't have faith in the Russians making a good deal. We remember 2014's deal and how that went... "the next day, Yanukovich was out of power"...."we were cheated"... No A victim soap opera for being stupid.

lancelot likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Isos wrote:Soldiers park them in front of ukrainian, leave the area and let the ukrainians destroy it.

So you are saying soldiers drove in to heart of Kharkov and left their equipment to get shot at?

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Finty wrote:Sounds like we could all do with someone turning Putin’s grey matter into wallpaper, if he’s as mental as is being implied.

He isn't. But he does seem to have backed himself into a bit of a corner.

Well that's what happens when someone is on the throne for too long, like somebody already said.

Dunno what's going to happen now. Russia ruined its own moral authority by invading, regardless of how 'politely' its troops behave. And in front of its own people first and foremost. If a demand can be made to Ukrainian troops to stop defending their 'regime' and lay down arms, then surely that can be made towards our troops too.
    Everyone supports Russia acting in defense. But I doubt most Russians support the campaign against the Ukraine at the moment.

dunno

hoom likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:43 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Dude how am I supposed to know? Were in uncharted waters now

Let's see how those negotiations go but I hope we go back to normal soon , it's not a good feeling

So now you don't have a good feeling

After calling me a 'Vlasovite' and so on earlier? And spending the last weeks in general pushing jingoism.

clown

Regular and sundoesntrise like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Finty wrote:Sounds like we could all do with someone turning Putin’s grey matter into wallpaper, if he’s as mental as is being implied.

Well that's what happens when someone is on the throne for too long, like somebody already said.

Dunno what's going to happen now. Russia ruined its own moral authority by invading, regardless of how 'politely' its troops behave.

dunno

No one sees Russian troops as polite apart Russians, they already reporting about rapes and looting and it's all over Western Media.

Moral authority doesn't matter and the narrative is already set.

I don't see an exit from this at all, there's no bunny in the hat. Nuclear posturing, be it if it's deterrent forces is not a sign of strength from where I look at it.

teh_beard, Finty and Urluber like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Guys, like it or not, wars getting lost often doesn't have much to do w fighting but with politics and strategy. If Putin, decided to inflict so much harm on Ru economy, at the time, they could get extra profits and use ot to invest back for a military incursion in Ukraine, then do it right and don't go in with a prayer. I would understand to give them 2-3 days to see reaction of Ukrainian gov and army. So far, they don't show willingness to cooperate or army to defect. Stop wasting young lifes and do it properly. At least, they have tools to do it. After full blown war of a week, i think Ukrainians will start to think differently.
    Ukrainians know they will always lose in open area conflicts so they will always prefer hit and run amd urban fighting. Even Kadyrov commented om second point today.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kriva, Finty, bitch_killer and Urluber like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:48 pm

Regular wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Dunno what's going to happen now. Russia ruined its own moral authority by invading, regardless of how 'politely' its troops behave.

dunno

No one sees Russian troops as polite apart Russians, they already reporting about rapes and looting and it's all over Western Media.

I don't see an exit from this at all, there's no bunny in the hat. Nuclear posturing, be it if it's deterrent forces is not a sign of strength from where I look at it.

Moral authority matters for the Russian population themselves. They have to have a reason for backing their military and their country in general.

As for politeness - it's first and foremost for the Ukrainian population. Not that I think it will work. There are simply places you have no business being in, and one way or the other your forces bring a war to where none existed before.

Finty likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

dunno

Moral authority matters for the Russian population themselves. They have to have a reason for backing their military and their country in general.

As for politeness - it's first and foremost for the Ukrainian population. Not that I think it will work. There are simply places you have no business being in, and one way or the other your forces bring a war to where none existed before.
    No way to take Ukraine politely. If you already started light their ass for a week , so they will come back to negotiate seriously. But, on general, i agree with you. It was badly planned and this is on Putin. Probably, his biggest geopolitical mistake so far.

Vann7 likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:55 pm

flamming_python wrote:

As for politeness - it's first and foremost for the Ukrainian population. Not that I think it will work. There are simply places you have no business being in, and one way or the other serve to initiate a war.

Gotcha, but this conflict started so fast that the population didn't have time to even form opinions regards intervention. There was nothing like during pre-Chechen wars, even if Russia had moral high ground straight away. Russians I know mocked the idea of war and told it was unrealistic. And I believe it as well.

What do you think about sanctions, is it another NATO/EU bluff? So far there are no reports of people panic buying and taking out hard currency from their banks, so maybe it was overblown
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:55 pm

GarryB, AlfaT8, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Isos, miketheterrible, thegopnik and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:01 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

dunno

No way to take Ukraine politely. If you already started light their ass for a week , so they will come back to negotiate seriously. But, on general, i agree with you. It was badly planned and this is on Putin. Probably, his biggest geopolitical mistake so far.

Problem is how will he back down now?

If he backs down he's finished and will end up at a tribunal sooner or later, whether in Russia itself, or anywhere else. He already got the national security council to publicly back the decision to recognize the DNR/LNR, so as to avoid any coups from that direction.

All he's doing now is raising the stakes.

But the West knows the game. It has outplayed Putin. Again, unless he somehow thinks of something very very smart. But if he was that smart then he wouldn't have invaded the Ukraine.

What a debacle.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:01 pm

I went trough some Telegram channels again and dug up new footage
    Google might still need a few minutes to process the video files at the moment i post this.

Put onto the drive here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dYyKpAdq_C4YopTL7js6FafJ6c3Aqnqi?usp=sharing

new Files are called:

Movement of the RF Armed Forces in Kharkov 27 february
    Movement of the RF Armed Forces in Kharkov, engagement. 27th of february.
    Kharkov 27th february
    armenia
    ukranian su-25's 2x shot down over Kerch February 27
    Azov base in Donskoye has fallen. 27th february
    Kupyansk, Kharkov region 27th february
    Updated map of battles for Kharkov 27th february 11.30
    In Kyiv, the meat grinder continues between its own. 27th february
    Kharkov 27th february, russian advance
    how NOT to do tactical combat. ukrainians. kharkov 27th february
    Bucha region, Kyiv region russian MI-24's february 27th
    ukrainian POWs in Kharkov, february 27th
    Kupyansk, Kharkiv region. Russians 27th february
    Ramzan Kadyrov's assistant in the power unit Daniil Martynov. Ukraine.
    Ukrainian border guards who surrendered on the border with the Bryansk region. 27trh february
    ZRPK Pantsir-S1 russian  in the village of Molodezhnoye near Kherson. 27th february
    Russian Armed Forces are advancing with battles on the outskirts of Kyiv, 27th february
    Pavlopol taken by russia, 27th february
    pro-russia rally, location unknown 27th february

GarryB, kvs, auslander, Ghoster, teh_beard, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:02 pm

What’s the endgame for this war? They failed to take Kiev quickly. I know people will claim they are moving and taking a lot of ground but they are losing a lot of soldiers and armor. They tried to take Kiev with paratroopers and failed. Now it’s going to be a long and painful war. I expect this to go on for at least a month if ukraine digs in and they don’t negotiate a deal of some kind.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:02 pm

There certainly are a lot of whining pussies in the forum these days.  What the fck did you expect would happen?  

That Western MSM propaganda sphere would start treating Russia fairly?  
    That Russia would somehow resort to the same bullshit war-by-social-media crap that is so prevalent here?
    That somehow the Eurotrash faggots would actually keep their spines stiff and refuse to implement sanctions under US & Globalist pressure?  
    That this would be a cakewalk?

WTF is wrong with you lot?  Suspect

This is only day 3.  Ukraine is the largest country in Europe and has (on paper at least) the largest army in Europe.  They have had 7 years to prepare and have spent every avaiable borrowed dime on weapons in their quest to seize Donbass.  Surely no-one really thought they would fold in 3 days?

Mistakes will happen. Losses are inevitable.  Don't cry over them. Don't succumb to chicken-little sky-is-falling BS. Don't listen to the wall of hysterical white noise coming from Twatter and other social media agitprop dissemination services.  Don't listen to the empty posturing of US/EU politicians and bureaucrats.

I have faith that Russians understand war, and know what they are doing. They have a plan, and they have contingencies. Western "experts" predicted their intervention in Syria would be a failure and they would stuck in a quagmire.  Instead they confounded the Western "experts" and turned the war around.  This will be no different.

If their tactics don't make sense to you, then sit down, shut up, and watch.  Events will unfold over days and weeks, and the true trajectory of this war will become apparent.

The way I see this is that Russia isn't following the expected script.  They seem to have executed a near complete blackout on real-time reporting and are content to let the fog of war shroud the events on the ground.  The enemy propaganda fills in the gaps, but talk is cheap and hot air doesn't win battles.  The Russian army is doing its thing - ie grinding the Ukronazi war machine and regime hard-power into the dust.  

Sanctions be damned.  Does anyone really think that Putins team hasn't considered the sanctions response? Do you really believe that they would have gone into this assuming that they wouldn't be at least partly booted from SWIFT, or that restrictions on raising debt in Western markets will have any significant impact on their ability to keep the wheels turning???

I've given up reading most of the defeatist bullsht that people have posted here.  People that I would have expected to know better have proved themselves to be not better than emotion little teenage girls.

Bottom line - Ukronazi hard power is being taken apart.  The regime is finished.  NATO can watch and fume and rage and cry but they can do fck all about it.  Twisted Evil

Remember these days for we are privileged to see them.  This marks the end of the Western globalist unipolar moment, and these MFers can smell it in the air.

russia

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, psg, Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf, kvs, auslander, teh_beard and like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:04 pm

I assume everyone understands that even if Russia halted the operation immediately and withdrew the forces, the sanctions would stay in place. Putin will not be smiling in photos with "western partners" anymore.

Russia will face increasing regime change attempts from outside. They already started with Byelors and that woman popping up again. Trying to get people to streets in Minsk.

kvs, miketheterrible and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Regular wrote:
    Isos wrote:Soldiers park them in front of ukrainian, leave the area and let the ukrainians destroy it.

So you are saying soldiers drove in to heart of Kharkov and left their equipment to get shot at?

Clearly. They send small units which have no chance to take a city. It's mostly some propaganda to use then heavy forces.
    Arsenic
    Arsenic

Post  Arsenic Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Hello,

I'm from Western Europe, but I understand the Russian intervention in Ukraine.

I would have always wanted the European Union to become an ally of Russia, it would have been very good for the economy and for the respect between us. But the Americans don't want the European Union to have lasting peace with the Russians and they don't want the European Union to be strong.

What I don't understand is:

-Why do the Russians shut down the internet in Ukraine? Because the Ukrainians are flooding social networks with images that, undoubtedly give, a false image of the conflict?
    -Why the Russians don't bomb the Ukrainian presidential palace?
    -Why does it look like Russian units don't have air support?

Thank you

I find the intervention of the Russians quite wise...perhaps too wise for the moment?

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, owais.usmani, Kiko, Finty and Urluber like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:07 pm