Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Godric
mavaff
Finty
Daniel_Admassu
bitcointrader70
auslander
gbu48098
UZB-76
elconquistador
LMFS
GarryB
flamming_python
runaway
Hannibal Barca
PhSt
Backman
Tai Hai Chen
SeigSoloyvov
franco
TMA1
medo
PapaDragon
Isos
JohninMK
limb
thegopnik
secretprojects
lancelot
KoTeMoRe
lyle6
Maximmmm
mnztr
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
Cyberspec
Gomig-21
magnumcromagnon
dino00
marcellogo
owais.usmani
The-thing-next-door
Rodion_Romanovic
walle83
Regular
Odin of Ossetia
par far
RTN
Sujoy
Hole
jhelb
Azi
ultimatewarrior
Tsavo Lion
andalusia
calripson
Arrow
Big_Gazza
ahmedfire
Aristide
miketheterrible
Vann7
kvs
66 posters

Talking bollocks thread #3

GarryB
    GarryB

Talking bollocks thread #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

Post  GarryB Sun May 10, 2020 8:13 am

The west is racist and hates Chinese as much as any one else who is different.

The west uses poorer countries as slave labour and it just happens they found China didn't have high wages or strong worker rights, so building factories in China was easy when you bribed the local officials to look the other way and any worker who objected to the way they were treated could be made to disappear easily enough. The west didn't start doing this in China... they have done the same thing in Japan and Malaysia and Hong Kong and Taiwan and Indonesia and Singapore and South Korea and Vietnam and when they move out of China they will most likely move to Bangledesh or Pakistan or somewhere else where their bribe money keeps the locals in line and makes production cheap.

You will notice from that list places like Japan or Singapore... hardly any cheap labour there... well not now... investment and jobs stimulates the economy and clever local people exploit these people earning peanuts in western money terms but very good money for the region and they progress and develop... Japan went from cheap plastic crap to quality stuff, and other countries did the same... the dirty secret is that any country could be wealthy like many white countries are... they just need the chance and in fact they actually could do it better than the west does...

The west has been bought out by the rich and powerful... I would like to see how China and Russia and other countries not part of the west that will never be fully accepted by the west progress and develop...
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 10, 2020 10:23 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:But now China & Russia r adversaries of the West.
    Russia always was. But not China. Not yesterday, not today. US and China seeks to create a world that they can dominate. In such a world countries will be dependent on China for their economy and on US for their security. If you need an example look at Australia.

In order to keep this structure referred to as G2 the US and China are perpetually on the lookout for enemies. They look for small countries to bully like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Vietnam, Phillipines etc. Russia is considered an enemy because Russia backs those countries that US, China seeks to bully.

Tsavo Lion wrote:India could have opened herself up for investments like China, Taiwan, S. Korea, Malaysia, Singapore & Thailand have done, but her political system & demography isn't well suited for it, even though it's a former British, French & Portuguese colony.
    Agreed. We have mob democracy in this country. The Federal government/Center has too much power. Most of the seats in the Parliament are from the Hindi heartland/cow-belt states. States in East and South do not have any say in policy making.

Tsavo Lion wrote:Now she's against the BRI, potentially losing more than can be gained by joining it.
    Given how corrupt India's politicians are India might join BRI in the not so distant future. But those countries that have joined BRI have lost far more than they have gained. Take Sri Lanka for instance - China is now on the verge of taking over one of their largest port if Sri Lanka is unable to pay the due amount. Sri Lanka has now approached India to pay off their debts.

BRI provides no major benefits to any country. Pakistan has been ravaged by coronavirus because of the large scale presence of Chinese labours in Pakistan as part of the BRI initiative.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 10, 2020 11:37 am

Russia always was. But not China. Not yesterday, not today.

There are probably factions in China that prefer to be friends with the US and take things easy... by denying the majority of chinese people a chance... the American way means there will be a 1 percent or even a 0.1 percent who do well and everyone else works to make that happen... there are probably small groups in Russia who are the same, but the number of Americans that want to share power or wealth or comfort with Russia or China is zero...

US and China seeks to create a world that they can dominate. In such a world countries will be dependent on China for their economy and on US for their security. If you need an example look at Australia.

Australia is a torn country... after being abandoned by the UK when the UK joined the EU, Australia looked to the US and has done so ever since despite the reward largely being getting to go to Vietnam etc etc. Aussies are fundamentally racist... on a chart they are not quite as bad as white south africans but they are pretty bad... Australia makes a lot of money sending coal to China, but China is transitioning to gas and they have also stopped buying the wests plastic waste too which is also ruffling a few feathers because it was easy to pretend to be green and looking after the planet when you send your plastic waste to China for them to sort out... for all the west knows or cares they could be dumping it straight into the ocean anyway...

In order to keep this structure referred to as G2 the US and China are perpetually on the lookout for enemies. They look for small countries to bully like Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Vietnam, Phillipines etc. Russia is considered an enemy because Russia backs those countries that US, China seeks to bully.

For this relationship to exist the Chinese would have to do as they are told, which they don't. If China was in bed with the US the first thing the US would demand is an end to the SCO group and also to BRICSA as well, because they are rivals to US hegemony... not big right now but have the potential to grow and expand.

The real amusing thing is that China has spent trillions of dollars on their silk roads.... China knows the US is broke and is doing nothing to fix that... China knows europe has money and Asia has money and the purpose of all the silk roads they are developing is to improve land based trade routes from asia to europe and back... something the US would absolutely hate and be desperate to destroy because it has nothing to do with them and means Asia and Europe can trade more efficiently and cheaply and the US does not benefit at all from it... they will hate it.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 10, 2020 5:24 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Australia is a torn country... after being abandoned by the UK when the UK joined the EU, Australia looked to the US and has done so ever since despite the reward largely being getting to go to Vietnam etc etc. Aussies are fundamentally racist... on a chart they are not quite as bad as white south africans but they are pretty bad... Australia makes a lot of money sending coal to China
    Australians can afford to be Racist because Australia is an extraction economy. They are not exporting services like European countries. European countries, USA had to tone down their racist views because a whole lot of their consumers were in Asia and Africa - the same dark skinned people that they so dislike. Australia will not have to face such a backlash, because they are only exporting raw materials.
    Obviously, why will people in Africa, Asia purchase goods, products made in Europe, US if they realize that the West is racist. That's why EU, US carried out some course correction with respect to racism.

Yet Australia, just like US and UK attracts a number of migrants from Asia and Africa. Some are students, others are white coloured workers. Since education and job opportunities in those countries are abysmal people from those states don't mind migrating to Australia, US and UK even if they have to face the day to day racism.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 pm

The US racism is aimed mostly at Blacks, Latinos, & Natives, although lately, at Chinese. The long running huge trade deficit with Asia, incl. India, didn't help either. The USA is on the other side of the Globe & borders on E. Asia across the vast Pacific, but Australia is just South of Indonesia.
    The largest number of African immigrants in Australia come from South Africa and are largely of Afrikaner and British descent.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Australians#Demographics

At the 2016 census, there were 3,550,882 nominations of ancestries classified by the Australian Bureau of Statistics as falling within the ASCCEG geographical categories of East Asia, Southeast Asia and Central and Southern Asia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Australians#Demographics

It seems that Australian racism doesn't affect her relations with Japan- "an enemy of my enemy is my friend".
    For how many more years can Australia supply natural resources to China? Once they r depleted, what will they do to survive, prosper & remain independent? Their racism will stand in the way of that, as more Asian immigrants, & not only from Japan, will be needed for the economy to stay afloat, much more to increase industrial production & help agriculture, tourism & other services.

https://www.juancole.com/2020/05/strikes-vetoing-chicoms.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/politics/trump-reelection-economy-unemployment/index.html

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sun May 10, 2020 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:The US racism is aimed mostly at Blacks, Latinos, & Natives, although lately, at Chinese. The long running huge trade deficit with Asia, incl. India, didn't help either.

I'm sorry Tsavo but I couldn't agree with that assessment. I realize you are American and might be upset with my definition, but my intention is not to make any baseless allegations against any country.

Racism in US is directed at almost all people of colour including Indians (people from India). Racism against Indians is severe but it doesn't capture much attention because Indians barely make up 1% of US population.

There have been several instances:

1. Sikhs were killed in Wisconsin when a gunmen with ties to White Supremacists opened fire on them.

2. In 2013 when an Indian woman became Miss US she received a volley of racial abuses from across the US

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/a-lot-of-people-are-very-upset-that-an-indian-american-woman

3. In 2017 an Indian engineer was shot dead in Kansas by a US Navy veteran who didn't want foreigners from Asia in US

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/indian-american-engineer-srinivas-kuchibhotla-killed-in-kansas-what-we-know-so-far/story-3RTUjXWK9UsNENjiMA9RbK.html

4. The parents of an Indian student was picked up by the F.B.I as a suspect in the Boston Bombing simply because a White woman posted on SM that this fellow maybe a suspect as he is missing

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/sunil-tripathi-missing-student-wrongly-identified-as-boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-519599

I can go on, but just wanted to highlight a few instances. Racially motivated attacks against Indians is bound to happen when Indians are regularly accused across the US of Stealing American jobs.

And as the latest reports released by US law enforcement agencies suggest hate crimes against Indians continue to rise.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Still, hate crimes against Indians r not as common as against other non-Whites I listed. The Indians r very successful group & thus more conspicuous. The Thais, Koreans, Turks/Azeris, Armenians, Vietnamese & Philippinos r less so, & never heard of any hate crimes involving them.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Still, hate crimes against Indians r not as common as against other non-Whites I listed.
    So if I may ask you, why are hate crimes against Indians  not common? I understand Indians do not report these crimes. That's why the figures are low.

Tsavo Lion wrote:The Thais, Koreans, Turks/Azeris, Armenians, Vietnamese & Philippinos r less so, & never heard of  any hate crimes involving them.
    That's sad. I think these communities have a very small presence in the US. Probably just about a million.

Also, I see that you list Turks and Armenians as well. I thought they were Whites. Maybe they face racism because quite a few of them happen to be Muslims.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Games with statistics are diversionary tactics. Of course the number of hate crime cases is going to be lower if the minority population
    is 13 times smaller compared to blacks and Hispanics. And on top of that you have the nonlinear effect of reporting. Since the
    awareness of hate crimes is much less, it is much more difficult to make noise about. Blacks and Hispanics have lots of mass media
    coverage of their problems, I basically never hear about Indians. Even US aboriginals get more coverage.

I attribute the low reporting rate also to Indian culture. That is not a derogatory statement.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 10, 2020 9:38 pm

kvs wrote:Games with statistics are diversionary tactics.   Of course the number of hate crime cases is going to be lower if the minority population
    is 13 times smaller compared to blacks and Hispanics.    And on top of that you have the nonlinear effect of reporting.  Since the
    awareness of hate crimes is much less, it is much more difficult to make noise about.    Blacks and Hispanics have lots of mass media
    coverage of their problems, I basically never hear about Indians.    Even US aboriginals get more coverage.  

I attribute the low reporting rate also to Indian culture.   That is not a derogatory statement.

I practically said the same thing. Indians do not always report hate crimes directed at them. Four days after 9/11 attacks, an Indian named Balbir Singh Sodhi was murdered in Arizona. Several Hindu temples have been vandalized across US, regularly.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/hindu-temple-vandalised-in-us-in-hate-crime/articleshow/67771047.cms

A growing group of Indians in the US appear to believe that the US government will not take them seriously when they report a hate crime.

The U.S and Australia are inherently racist societies.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun May 10, 2020 9:49 pm

Also, I see that you list Turks and Armenians as well. I thought they were Whites.
    Even Italians, Greeks & Germans r not considered  fully White. The Irish r White but they r Catholics, just like most Latinos who compose many races & mixtures; since most US Whites r protestants, they r also discriminated against.
    But actually, anxieties about white dominance are a perennial in American history. Benjamin Franklin was extremely worried about whites being overwhelmed. He said in “Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.” (1751):
    “Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased.”
    So get this. Some of the eighteenth century founding fathers only thought English and Danish people were white. Even Swedes and Germans were “swarthy.” French certainly were. ..
    The Catholic working-class immigrants of the wave that came in 1880-1924 were not initially accepted as white by the propertied Protestants who got to decide these things. You should go back and look what they said about “Slavic” Poles or about the Irish.
    Take Italians, many of whom emigrated to Latin America. Those who immigrated straight to New York and Rhode Island are now considered “white” (and make up nearly 16% of that category). Those who went to Mexico first and then came to the US more recently are “Latinos.” So is what is being said is that the Italian-American families who came in 1895 are threatened by the ones who came from Latin America in the 1990s? Well, that is apparently part of what is being said.
    Moreover, what in the world is the difference between Catalans in northeast Spain and Provencale people in southern France? Yet Catalans who went to Colombia and recently came to the US are Latinos. Provencales people who emigrated directly to New Jersey in the 19th century are white. Why?
    American history is written from a Massachusetts point of view, with the English at the center of it. But the Portuguese preceded them in North Carolina (are they Latinos?) And what is now California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas etc. were originally Spain and then Mexico before the US snarfed them up, and they also preceded the English as settlements from the old world in the new. Tim Kaine has pointed out that Spanish was spoken in North America before English. So why not write American history starting with the Southwest and moving east? By the way, in New Mexico the old hidalgo landed class (who are still there) calls themselves Hispanics, doesn’t like to be mixed up with recent Mexican immigrants, and views “white” immigrants to New Mexico as recent arrivals and perhaps not the most cultured, either. Hispanics are often viewed as “immigrants” by the ignorant. But they were there in New Mexico, and the Californios were in California, way before the Irish or Italians or most Germans came to North America. They didn’t immigrate, the US kidnapped them and made them citizens. If the US wanted to be “white” and wanted to categorize Spanish-speakers as non-white (why?), then it shouldn’t have stolen half of Mexico and added it to itself in the Treaty of Guadaloupe Hidalgo.

https://www.juancole.com/2016/11/coulter-franklin-either.html

The American xenophobia & racism r deeply rooted in the Anglo-Saxon history & mentality. I'm sure that if a war with China happens, ethnic Chinese here will be treated as the 5th column, like many Muslims after 9/11/01 & the Japanese (except those in the Army) after 12/7/41 were.
    https://www.juancole.com/?s=white+not
    RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Sun May 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Even Italians, Greeks & Germans r not considered  fully White.
    They are considered fully White today. And Germans were never considered non White.

Tsavo Lion wrote:The Irish r White but they r Catholics, just like most Latinos who compose many races & mixtures; since most US Whites r protestants, they r also discriminated against.
    White Catholics today do not face any racial discrimination.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun May 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Germans were never considered non White.
    to Ben Franklin, they were not white enough.
    There r still different categories of Whites- the European immigrants came from different regions of ethnically diverse Europe. I'm an Ashkenazi Jew, not dark skinned, & still not being treated as equal. If u have foreign accent & don't look like a typical Yankee, u r a 2nd class citizen here at best. I can't even flirt with an American born woman w/o getting into trouble with men.
    White Catholics today do not face any racial discrimination.
    The Irish r still looked down upon in the US, & they r the poorest Whites here.
    RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Sun May 10, 2020 10:43 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    I'm an Ashkenazi Jew, not dark skinned, & still not being treated as equal. If u have foreign accent & don't look like a typical Yankee, u r a 2nd class citizen here at best. I can't even flirt with an American born woman w/o getting into trouble with men.
    Wait. Ashkenazi Jews look every bit a White Yankee. How can anyone figure out that you are not a White Christian. Isn't Kushner a Jew himself? There are several White Jews who are married to White Christian woman.

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    The Irish r still looked down upon in the US, & they r the poorest Whites here.
    The President of NYSE is an Irish woman. Such an important position would not have gone to an Irish American if Irish Catholics were facing discrimination.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun May 10, 2020 11:11 pm

How can anyone figure out that you are not a White Christian.
    My ancestry according to analysis by  CRI Genetics
    (https://www.crigenetics.com) :
    Jewish 70.40%  Italy 14.60%  Southern, Central Slavic 6.00%
    Scandinavian 5.10%  Greek 1.50%  French 1.20%  African 1.20%
    I've traveled extensively & was mistaken for a Latino, Italian, Georgian, French, & even Chinese.

The President of NYSE is an Irish woman. Such an important position would not have gone to an Irish American if Irish Catholics were facing discrimination.
    JFK, R. Reagan, & B. Clinton r also of Irish descent; B. Obama is 1/2 Black. Does this mean there's no discrimination, bigotry & racism against Irish & Blacks in the US anymore?
    Their economic situation stemming from the past injustices is what causes their health problems & high mortality from the Covid-19 now.

Shovinistic ideas:

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon May 11, 2020 8:26 am

If u have foreign accent & don't look like a typical Yankee, u r a 2nd class citizen here at best. I can't even flirt with an American born woman w/o getting into trouble with men.

Americans are not just racist... they don't like any foreigners... ironically their liberal democrats will defend the right for someone to be gay or bi or black or of a marginally different skin colour, but if you are Russian you are on your own... Xenophobic.

I have a big friend... 130kgs an 6 ft 2 in tall and white and when he went to the US he said they actually treated him with respect despite his glasses and accent... he wasn't fat round the middle... he was built like a wrestler but was just solid rather than with the well defined muscles of a body builder.

People kept calling him a jock even though he wasn't scottish, but he said they were very religious... he had a great time there...

The huge irony is that during the war... in Britain it was the Americans that were over fed, over paid, over sexed, and over here...

But then you could argue you don't know racism till you go home with your Indian/Asian/black/red/etc etc girlfriend to meet her parents... when you are a white guy... everybody can be racist...
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Mon May 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Sujoy wrote:Racism in US is directed at almost all people of colour including Indians (people from India). Racism against Indians is severe but it doesn't capture much attention because Indians barely make up 1% of US population.
    Millions of Indians reside illegally in the U.S (as well as in Europe). That's why Indians do not report hate crimes to law enforcement agencies. If they do they will blow their cover. The population of Indians in Russia, EU and US is increasing, not decreasing. Had these countries especially US been as racist as you suggest it is it would have been impossible for Indians to live there. Stop playing the victim card.
    RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Mon May 11, 2020 1:17 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    My ancestry according to analysis by  CRI Genetics
    (https://www.crigenetics.com) :
    Jewish 70.40%  Italy 14.60%  Southern, Central Slavic 6.00%
    Scandinavian 5.10%  Greek 1.50%  French 1.20%  African 1.20%
    I've traveled extensively & was mistaken for a Latino, Italian, Georgian, French, & even Chinese.
    How is this breakdown of your ancestry any different from White Christians in the US? Ashkenazi Jews like you have always been White. In fact most White Jews have a skin tone at least a shade lighter than White Christians. I get it that Jews face some discrimination but when you say that you can't approach a White Christian woman because you will face trouble, you are actually stretching things a bit too far.

Tsavo Lion wrote:JFK, R. Reagan, & B. Clinton r also of Irish descent; B. Obama is 1/2 Black. Does this mean there's no discrimination, bigotry & racism against Irish & Blacks in the US anymore?
    Maybe they did and yet they went on to occupy high positions including the highest office in the country. Clear indication that you can make progress in the US despite being an Irish, Jew or Black. How often has Israel elected a non Jew as Prime Minister? Racism/discrimination does exist in US but it's not as massive a deterrent to economic and social progress as you make it to be.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon May 11, 2020 4:14 pm

How is this breakdown of your ancestry any different from White Christians in the US?
    Most of them have German, Anglo-Saxon/Scottish/Irish/scandinavian ancestry.
    Ashkenazi Jews like you have always been White. In fact most White Jews have a skin tone at least a shade lighter than White Christians.
    not true. While being Caucasians, they had some ME & N. African ancestry, since S. & W. Europe closely interacted with peoples across the Med. Sea.; they were not of the same whiteness as Germans & Danes.
    ..they went on to occupy high positions including the highest office in the country.
    A Jew never became a US president. J. Liebrman & B. Sanders tried, but failed.
    Clear indication that you can make progress in the US despite being an Irish, Jew or Black.
    U can count those minorities' high achievers on 1 hand. B. Clinton is Irish, senator B. Nighthorse is 1/2 Native American, B. Obama 1/2 Black, but that doesn't mean that most Irish, Blacks, & Natives, don't face prejudice, discrimination, oppression, inequality, or r well to do middle class.
    How often has Israel elected a non Jew as Prime Minister?
    Israel is a Jewish state. There r 6M American Jews, but I'm afraid there will be a woman president or vice president before a Jewish president or vice president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZX0rHZUY0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEew2FYUro

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corr.)
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon May 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:I can't even flirt with an American born woman w/o getting into trouble with men.

Yeah, this is true. I hear this from several Indian American men as well. They come back here to India to get married/find girlfriend. They tell me White women in US neither date nor marry them. Most of these Indian guys are well off and yet White women in US won't date/marry them.
    par far

Post  par far Mon May 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Why has this thread turn into a anti-white thread? Racism against white people is also racism.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon May 11, 2020 7:44 pm

Why has this thread turn into a anti-white thread? Racism against white people is also racism.
    It's not anti-white- listing facts isn't racism, so it's better to learn truth from facts!
    They tell me White women in US neither date nor marry them.
    they r feministic & imagine themselves as exceptional even with American born men; with few exceptions, foreign born men have no chance.

https://www.pravdareport.com/news/society/144550-russia_coronavirus/

https://eurasianet.org/food-security-in-the-time-of-coronavirus-a-eurasianet-briefing

https://www.juancole.com/2020/05/trillion-afghanistan-coronavirus.html

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon May 11, 2020 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Also, I see that you list Turks and Armenians as well. I thought they were Whites.
    Even Italians, Greeks & Germans r not considered  fully White. The Irish r White but they r Catholics, just like most Latinos who compose many races & mixtures; since most US Whites r protestants, they r also discriminated against.
    But actually, anxieties about white dominance are a perennial in American history. Benjamin Franklin was extremely worried about whites being overwhelmed. He said in “Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.” (1751):
    “Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased.”
    So get this. Some of the eighteenth century founding fathers only thought English and Danish people were white. Even Swedes and Germans were “swarthy.” French certainly were. ..
    The Catholic working-class immigrants of the wave that came in 1880-1924 were not initially accepted as white by the propertied Protestants who got to decide these things. You should go back and look what they said about “Slavic” Poles or about the Irish.
    Take Italians, many of whom emigrated to Latin America. Those who immigrated straight to New York and Rhode Island are now considered “white” (and make up nearly 16% of that category). Those who went to Mexico first and then came to the US more recently are “Latinos.” So is what is being said is that the Italian-American families who came in 1895 are threatened by the ones who came from Latin America in the 1990s? Well, that is apparently part of what is being said.
    Moreover, what in the world is the difference between Catalans in northeast Spain and Provencale people in southern France? Yet Catalans who went to Colombia and recently came to the US are Latinos. Provencales people who emigrated directly to New Jersey in the 19th century are white. Why?
    American history is written from a Massachusetts point of view, with the English at the center of it. But the Portuguese preceded them in North Carolina (are they Latinos?) And what is now California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas etc. were originally Spain and then Mexico before the US snarfed them up, and they also preceded the English as settlements from the old world in the new. Tim Kaine has pointed out that Spanish was spoken in North America before English. So why not write American history starting with the Southwest and moving east? By the way, in New Mexico the old hidalgo landed class (who are still there) calls themselves Hispanics, doesn’t like to be mixed up with recent Mexican immigrants, and views “white” immigrants to New Mexico as recent arrivals and perhaps not the most cultured, either. Hispanics are often viewed as “immigrants” by the ignorant. But they were there in New Mexico, and the Californios were in California, way before the Irish or Italians or most Germans came to North America. They didn’t immigrate, the US kidnapped them and made them citizens. If the US wanted to be “white” and wanted to categorize Spanish-speakers as non-white (why?), then it shouldn’t have stolen half of Mexico and added it to itself in the Treaty of Guadaloupe Hidalgo.

https://www.juancole.com/2016/11/coulter-franklin-either.html

The American xenophobia & racism r deeply rooted in the Anglo-Saxon history & mentality. I'm sure that if a war with China happens, ethnic Chinese here will be treated as the 5th column, like many Muslims after 9/11/01 & the Japanese (except those in the Army) after 12/7/41 were.
    https://www.juancole.com/?s=white+not

What is this nonsense?

Swedes were swarthy? Since when?

Catalans did not go to Colombia; they went mostly to Cuba and Puerto Rico, to a lesser degree to Mexico, and after independence some also settled in Argentina.

The Italians were apparently not considered as White back in the 19th and early 20th century, but that later changed when Al Capone and the Italian crime "families" essentially murdered their way to respectability in the U.S.A.

Clinton is not Irish; he is a U.S.-born Englishman. Similar to his wife who insinuates about being "Welsh" but is mostly of English ancestry. And the discrimination of the Irish is now no longer taking place, they have fully integrated into the ruling circles in the U.S. Even the CIA is apparently run by them. They are North-West Europeans in the end, with some Norse blood. Genetically they are not very different from the English.

If there is going to be some apocalyptic event that will take place in Canada and U.S.A. all minorities will be screwed, including myself. You better not be a minority in some predominantly Anglo-inhabited area.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon May 11, 2020 11:26 pm

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1259864282440896513

Supposedly Belorus is some poster boy for the do-nothing approach to Covid-19.

The statistics coming out Belorus are a joke and totally fake. Belorus is run by two bit tin pot dictator
    who is very similar to the clown in North Korea in his role as dear leader. He actually thinks that the
    whole country is his play thing.

These Belorussian statistics are designed to spite Russia.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue May 12, 2020 3:45 am

The Italians were apparently not considered as White back in the 19th and early 20th century, but that later changed when Al Capone and the Italian crime "families" essentially murdered their way to respectability in the U.S.A.
    no, Italians & Al Capone rn't respected, even though the prohibition helped create the mafia here. If he was so smart they wouldn't have charged him with tax evasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7miohroq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2cvWWjj08

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am