Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+97
Podlodka77
calripson
Scorpius
Mir
TMA1
jhelb
lyle6
Arrow
Maximmmm
ALAMO
lancelot
mnztr
LMFS
PhSt
SeigSoloyvov
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
Cyberspec
verkhoturye51
Tsavo Lion
ScotchedEarth
Firebird
The-thing-next-door
Zaits
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
George1
Rmf
whir
Kimppis
franco
Godric
Khepesh
KiloGolf
wilhelm
Acheron
cracker
andalusia
x_54_u43
Svyatoslavich
par far
SturmGuard
NationalRus
Odin of Ossetia
Cyrus the great
KoTeMoRe
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Nikander
BTRfan
jka
Book.
warcraftee
zg18
bmtppk
victor1985
marcinko
PapaDragon
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
medo
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
AirCargo
Big_Gazza
max steel
KomissarBojanchev
Morpheus Eberhardt
fredleander
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
higurashihougi
flamming_python
TR1
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
Austin
collegeboy16
TheArmenian
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Stealthflanker
macedonian
Regular
Deep Throat
SOC
solo.13mmfmj
GarryB
Pervius
nightcrawler
Admin
Viktor
sepheronx
101 posters

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 9 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:02 pm

bmtppk wrote:lol how blind do you have to see that the standard of living has completely dropped down

anyways enjoy your food now imported all the way across the world from brazil instead of ..Lithuania or something (gee i wonder how much does that cost)

oh and enjoy stuffing putin's pockets with more money that he spends on Crimeans and makes them complacent. So long as putin plugs them full of money they will be on his side..but as soon as that dries up ..idk XD

about the whole hardware thing. Idc. Ive been watching the Syria channel since 2011 and ive seen soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much rus hardware get demolished /destroyed in every way imaginable that i just consider all of it to be deathtraps. No wonder the jihadists even use BMPs /tanks as VBIED over there..(the BMP kind, the more expensive one compared to BTR) cuz no one wants to sit in that junk. Its actually kind of sad because a few years ago i thought it was top notch stuff. dont belive me -scroll through liveleak Syria there is at least 1 tank and or a BMP knocked out daily.

Werewolf wrote:
    bmtppk wrote:nice try im more russian than you could ever hope to be( and no i aint no jew)

https://i.imgur.com/bPmqesA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jhq39wn.jpg

you can bend it however you like but russia IS a 3rd world country now whenever you believe it or not

Probably one of thsoe immigrated primates from abroad. You still have no jack shit idea what a 3rd world country is. Japan, South Korea are third world countries. Learn meaning of words you imbecile. You are no russian at most some liberal scum from abroad.

typical russian instantly resotring to violence/cuss words in an attempt to defend the disgusting govt that has brainwashed him close to North korean level. Classic.

No economic body in the world considers Russia a "developed" country. Ok fine maybe we aren't 3rd world either yet... but somewhere in between. But soon it will be.  . Japan 3rd world? Nice try. You are just mad they are 1st world and you are about to be 3rd world. How does it feel to not have any running water during the summer? Or any hot water so u have to heat up pans and then try to bathe. And that was in the city. In villages you still probably have to use a well. I still remember that.

"Typical russian" so that you have proven yourself you are no russian you filthy western troll, fuck off.

bmtppk

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 9 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  bmtppk Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:33 pm

sepheronx wrote:Until I get hard evidence and proof from the two of you (warcraftee or whatever), you guys are full of shit.  Wanna talk about brainwash?  Then provide evidence.  We have and will continue to do so.

bmtppk wrote:lol how blind do you have to see that the standard of living has completely dropped down

anyways enjoy your food now imported all the way across the world from brazil instead of ..Lithuania or something (gee i wonder how much does that cost)

oh and enjoy stuffing putin's pockets with more money that he spends on Crimeans and makes them complacent. So long as putin plugs them full of money they will be on his side..but as soon as that dries up ..idk XD

about the whole hardware thing. Idc. Ive been watching the Syria channel since 2011 and ive seen soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much rus hardware get demolished /destroyed in every way imaginable that i just consider all of it to be deathtraps. No wonder the jihadists even use BMPs /tanks as VBIED over there..(the BMP kind, the more expensive one compared to BTR) cuz no one wants to sit in that junk. Its actually kind of sad because a few years ago i thought it was top notch stuff. dont belive me -scroll through liveleak Syria there is at least 1 tank and or a BMP knocked out daily.

Werewolf wrote:
    bmtppk wrote:nice try im more russian than you could ever hope to be( and no i aint no jew)

you can bend it however you like but russia IS a 3rd world country now whenever you believe it or not

Probably one of thsoe immigrated primates from abroad. You still have no jack shit idea what a 3rd world country is. Japan, South Korea are third world countries. Learn meaning of words you imbecile. You are no russian at most some liberal scum from abroad.

typical russian instantly resotring to violence/cuss words in an attempt to defend the disgusting govt that has brainwashed him close to North korean level. Classic.

No economic body in the world considers Russia a "developed" country. Ok fine maybe we aren't 3rd world either yet... but somewhere in between. But soon it will be.  . Japan 3rd world? Nice try. You are just mad they are 1st world and you are about to be 3rd world. How does it feel to not have any running water during the summer? Or any hot water so u have to heat up pans and then try to bathe. And that was in the city. In villages you still probably have to use a well. I still remember that.

Care to explain and show evidence as quality of life decreased?

Also: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/first-world.asp

My grandma still lives there. If it wasnt for us sending them cash every few months they would lose their apartment. You just cant survive on $100 a month pensions.
    jka
    jka

Post  jka Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:47 pm

1,600,000 are mouslims in my citizens.

2,000,000 immigrants total since 40/50/60/70's.

But I will smaller strenght next year when nazism and rasism party SD says their (Idea).

Asom.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 pm

bmtppk wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Until I get hard evidence and proof from the two of you (warcraftee or whatever), you guys are full of shit.  Wanna talk about brainwash?  Then provide evidence.  We have and will continue to do so.

Werewolf wrote:

Care to explain and show evidence as quality of life decreased?

Also: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/first-world.asp

My grandma still lives there. If it wasnt for us sending them cash every few months they would lose their apartment. You just cant survive on $100 a month pensions.

Unless she gave away her soviet apartment deeds, her place doesn't cost that much or anything other than utility costs.  As well, it isn't $100 a month, more like $150 a month and on top of that, prices are not in USD in Russia nimrod (if you were Russian, you would actually know that), and thus she can still easily afford her food.  As well, she wont have to worry as in september they are increasing minimum wage and pensions by 7 - 11% to somewhat meet the inflation costs.  If you want to get into economics with me, I would be more than glad to wipe the floor with you. Pension in Russia in the late 90's was around $35, that isn't all: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Russia-WORKING-CONDITIONS.html

Last edited by sepheronx on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bmtppk

Post  bmtppk Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:41 pm

the food costs as much as in US if not more
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 pm

bmtppk wrote:the food costs as much as in US if not more

Nope:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Russia

Cant get those prices here in Calgary, Canada for sure!  And our currency is dropping pretty fast too.  Over 30% devaluation.   You can use the system in the link provided in order to find prices of various regions/cities.

http://www.numbeo.com/food-prices/country_result.jsp?country=Russia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

bmtppk wrote:the food costs as much as in US if not more

Wow never go full retard son.

Russia: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Russia

USA: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=United+States

Step up the trolling game bitch.
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 pm

American Eagle wrote:What third world nobodies? American foreign policy is doing it's job OK.

I spent over 20 years as an artillery officer in the USMC - a bit more respect please.

Weren't you well paid while you were doing all of that? It is not as though you were building homes for the homeless as a volunteer...

Respect is earned... When you earn it, it will be given...

BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

American Eagle wrote:Why not join NATO? You can do this, hand your nuvlear arsenal to us and rearm with our weapons.

Otherwise there shall be no mercy. You shall all be destroyed.

If the Hells Angels told the Outlaws, "you can join our club, surrender your colors and patches and suit up with our colors..." would anybody take that seriously?

Why is NATO even still around? Isn't the Cold War over?
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:23 pm

this is my question too. and i get the conclusion that people are a egoist race. selfish egoists and narcisists and they will not give up until they have all under control. they will not stop. they will try to compel russia all the way till will have western control of russia
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:13 pm

victor1985 wrote:this is my question too. and i get the conclusion that people are a egoist race. selfish egoists and narcisists and they will not give up until they have all under control. they will not stop. they will try to compel russia all the way till will have western control of russia

I understand the formation of NATO, the formation of the Warsaw Pact, etc, but as tensions faded and the Soviets let the Warsaw Pact dissolve, at some point it had to become clear, even painfully obvious, to the world, that the continuation of NATO was not an accident, nor a mistake, but rather a calculated move to assure continued American hegemonic domination over much of the world.
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:42 am

the best argument on what you have said is that that there is no serious threat to western countryes. this is the part where the terrorism came. it was something invented by west just for have a argument to sustain NATO. now i dont say that there arent some threats to western countryes especially in arab zone but here come the sustain of israel into place. israel has something against arab zone and want full control of zone. and united states profited from this oportunity of israel as being a state argument to sustain implication in arab zone.
    Nikander

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 9 Empty Oswald Spengler on Russia

Post  Nikander Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:15 pm

"Up to now I have refrained from mentioning Russia —intentionally, for with Russia it is not a question of different peoples but of different worlds. The Russians are by no means a people like the Germans and the English. Like the Germanic tribes of the Carolingian age they contain within themselves the potentialities of many future peoples. "Russianism" is the promise of a future culture as the evening shadows grows longer and longer over the Western world. The distinctions between Russian and Western spirit cannot be drawn too sharply. As deep a cleavage as there is between the spirit, religion, politics, and economics of England, Germany, America, and France, when compared with Russia these nations suddenly appear as a unified world. It is easy to be deceived by some inhabitants of Russia who reflect strong Western influence. The true Russian is just as inwardly alien to us as a Roman in the Age of Kings or a Chinese long before Confucius would be if they were suddenly to appear among us. The Russians have been aware of this every time they have drawn a line of demarcation between "Mother Russia" and "Europe."

For us, the primitive soul of Russia is an inscrutable something that lies behind dirt, music, vodka, meekness, and a strange melancholy. We naturally form our judgments subjectively, i.e., as the late, urban, and intellectually mature members of a wholly different culture. What we "see" in Russia is therefore not a soul just now awakening, which even Dostoyevsky was helpless to describe, but our own mental picture of it, which is formed by our superficial image of Russian life and Russian history and is further falsified by the use of such very "European" words as will, reason, and Gemut. Yet perhaps some of us are able to convey a virtually indescribable impression of that country that will leave no doubt as to the immense gap that separates us.

This childlike, inarticulate, fearsome people has been confused, wounded, tortured, and poisoned by having forced upon it the patterns of a foreign, imperious, masculine, and mature "European" culture. Its flesh has been pierced by European-style urban centers with European ambitions, and its undeveloped consciousness infected by overripe attitudes, philosophies, political ideas, and scientific principles. In 1700, Peter the Great forced upon his people the Baroque style of politics, complete with cabinet diplomacy, dynastic influence, administration, and a Western-style navy. In 1800, English ideas, basically incomprehensible to these people, made their entrance in the guise of French writers who succeeded in confusing the minds of a small intellectual minority. Even before 1900 the bookish Russian intelligentsia introduced Marxism to their country, a complex product of Western European dialectics of whose origin they were completely ignorant. Peter the Great transformed the tsarist state into a major power within the Western system, thus perverting its natural development. And the "intelligentsia," themselves the product of the Russian spirit after it was corrupted by foreign-style cities, then entered the scene with their somber longing for indigenous institutions that must arise in some far-distant future, thereby distorting the primitive thought of their country into a kind of barren, childish theorizing after the manner of professional French revolutionaries. Owing to the Russians’ boundless humility and willingness to sacrifice, Petrinism and bolshevism have accomplished some very real things in senseless and disastrous imitation of such Western creations as the Court of Versailles and the Paris Commune. But these institutions have affected only the surface of Russian existence; each of them can disappear and reappear with unpredictable swiftness.

As yet Russia has had only religious experiences, no social or political ones. Dostoyevsky, in reality a saint who has been made to appear in the nonsensical and ridiculous Western guise of a romancier, is misunderstood if his social "problems" are considered apart from his novelistic form. His true essence is sooner to be found between than in the lines, and in The Brothers Karamazov he reaches a religious intensity comparable only to that of Dante. His revolutionary politics, on the other hand, originated within an insignificantly small metropolitan coterie which no longer possessed definite Russian sensibilities and, as far as family extraction is concerned, can indeed hardly be called Russian at all. As a consequence Dostoyevsky’s political thought was caught between the extremes of forced dogmatism and instinctive rejection.

Hence Russia’s deep, formidable, atavistic hatred of the West, of the poison in its own body. It can be felt in the inner suffering of Dostoyevsky, in the violent outbursts of Tolstoy, and in the silent brooding of the common man. It is an irrepressible hatred, often unconscious and often concealed beneath a sincere inclination to love and understand, a basic hatred of all symbols of the Faustian will: the cities (Petersburg in particular) which intruded as vanguards of this will on the rural calm of the endless steppes; the arts and sciences, Western thought and emotion, the state, jurisprudence, administrative structure, money, industry, education, "society"—in fact, everything. It is the primeval apocalyptic hatred that distinguishes the culture of antiquity. All bolshevism contains something of the dismal bitterness of the Maccabees, as well as of the much later insurrection that led to the destruction of Jerusalem. Its rigid dogmatism alone could never have supplied the impetus that sustains the movement even to the present day. The subliminal anti-Western instincts of Russia, at first directed against Petrinism, have lent strength to bolshevism. But since bolshevism is itself an outgrowth of Petrinism it will in time be destroyed in order to complete Russia’s liberation from "Europe."

The proletarian of the West wishes to reshape Western civilization to meet his special desires; the Russian intelligentsia wishes, by instinct if not always consciously, to destroy it. That is the meaning of Eastern nihilism. Our Western civilization has long since become purely urban; in Russia there is no such thing as "the masses," but only "the people." Every true Russian, whether his occupation is that of scholar or civil official, is basically a peasant. He is not really interested in the second-hand cities with their second-hand masses and mass ideologies. Despite Marxism, the only economic problems in that country are rural problems. The Russian "worker" is a misunderstanding. The only reality is the untouched, unharmed land, just as in Carolingian Europe. We went through this phase a thousand years ago, and thus we do not understand each other. We Western Europeans are no longer capable of living in communion with the virgin land. Whenever we go "to the country" we take with us the city with all its spiritual aspects; and we take it there in our blood, not just in our head like the Russian intelligent. The Russian mentally transports his village with him to the Russian cities.

If we wish to understand this irreparable cleavage between Eastern and Western "socialism" we must at all times distinguish the Russian soul from the Russian political system, and the mentality of the leaders from the instincts of those they lead. For what else is Pan-Slavism but a Western-type political mask covering a strong sense of religious mission? Despite all the industrial catchwords like "surplus value" and "expropriation," the Russian worker is not an urban worker, not a man of the masses as in Manchester, Essen, and Pittsburgh. He is actually a ploughman and reaper who has left home, with a hatred for the foreign power that has spoiled the true calling that his soul still clings to. The ideological elements that make bolshevism work are quite insignificant. Even if its program were turned on its head, its unconscious mission for awakening Russia would remain the same: nihilism.

Even so, bolshevism has an immense appeal for the fomenting intellectuals of our cities. It has become a hobby for tired and addled brains, a weapon for decaying megalopolitan souls, an expression for rotting blood. The Spartacism of the salons belongs in the same category as theosophy and occultism; it is for us the same thing as the cult of Isis was, not for the Oriental slaves in Rome but for the decadent Romans themselves. The fact that it made its entrance in Berlin has to do with the monstrous sham of this Revolution. It is relatively unimportant that empty-headed fools started founding "peasant councils" in Berlin in imitation of the Soviet model, or that no one noticed that rural affairs are the cardinal problem in Russia while our headaches are strictly urban. In the face of socialism, Spartacism has no future in Germany. But bolshevism is certain to conquer Paris, for when mingled with anarchic syndicalism it can satisfy the tired, sensation-hungry French soul. It will be the proper form of expression for the taedium vitae of that giant city that is so satiated with life. As a dangerous poison for refined Western intellects it has a greater future than in the East.

In Russia it will be replaced by some new form of tsarism, the only possible system for a people living under such conditions. Most probably this tsarism will resemble the Prussian socialistic system more closely than capitalist parliamentarism. Yet the future of the unconscious forces of Russia lies not in the solution of political and social quandaries but in the imminent birth of a new religion, the third to emerge from the matrix of Christianity, just as Germanic-Western culture unconsciously conceived the second form of Christianity around 100 A.D. Dostoyevsky is one of the prophets of this new faith; it is as yet nameless, but it has already begun to enter with quiet, infinitely tender power.

For us citizens of the Western world, religion is finished. In our urban souls what was once true religiosity has long since been intellectualized to "problematics." The Church reached its fulfillment at the Council of Trent. Puritanism has turned into capitalism, and Pietism is now socialism. The Anglo-American sects represent merely the nervous businessman’s need for theological pastimes. There is no more repulsive spectacle than the attempted of certain Protestant groups to revivify the cadaver of religion by smearing it with bolshevist offal. The same thing has been tried with occultism and theosophy. And nothing is more deceptive than the hope that the future religion of Russian can stimulate a revival of religion in the West. There should no longer be any misunderstanding: with its hatred of state, science, and art, Russian nihilism is also directed against Rome and Wittenberg, whose spirit is present in all forms of Western culture and thus an integral part of what this nihilism aims to destroy. Russia will push this development aside and link up once again, by way of Byzantium."

Very interesting and although someone will maybe find something written in here offensive I don't see it that way, and I certainly don't think that the author had that intention. For me the problem of Russia is always the same; Russia is not a Western country yet their elite are constantly trying to force it to be just that even though the people of Russia are rejecting westernization. The people not Putin! Putin was another in a series of rulers who wanted Russia to be like the West, no matter the fact that it's not, it will never be and most importantly it should never want to be West because it has such a beautiful culture of it's own. Only now he's changing the course, but not of his own will but because events have forced him to. The only way for Russia to prosper is to embrace her traditions, her way of life, her spirituality, her way of dealing with people and nations. And for that she has to go back to the Byzantium ways because there is her base not Rome. Very good way to see the difference between Russia and the West is to read about Rome and the Byzantine Empire. The way the West approaches the world and other peoples is the same as that of Roman Empire. Russia can't do that because it comes in contradiction with what she is so if she acted in that ahistoric way like with the Bolsheviks for example there would be tragic consequences. West for Russia should only be a trading partner and nothing more. Any accepting of "western values" would be devastating for Russia when values that are nurtured in Russia itself between Russian peoples of all religions are timeless and are understood by people on all continents.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Nikander wrote:"Up to now I have refrained from mentioning Russia —intentionally, for with Russia it is not a question of different peoples but of different worlds. The Russians are by no means a people like the Germans and the English. Like the Germanic tribes of the Carolingian age they contain within themselves the potentialities of many future peoples. "Russianism" is the promise of a future culture as the evening shadows grows longer and longer over the Western world. The distinctions between Russian and Western spirit cannot be drawn too sharply. As deep a cleavage as there is between the spirit, religion, politics, and economics of England, Germany, America, and France, when compared with Russia these nations suddenly appear as a unified world. It is easy to be deceived by some inhabitants of Russia who reflect strong Western influence. The true Russian is just as inwardly alien to us as a Roman in the Age of Kings or a Chinese long before Confucius would be if they were suddenly to appear among us. The Russians have been aware of this every time they have drawn a line of demarcation between "Mother Russia" and "Europe."

For us, the primitive soul of Russia is an inscrutable something that lies behind dirt, music, vodka, meekness, and a strange melancholy. We naturally form our judgments subjectively, i.e., as the late, urban, and intellectually mature members of a wholly different culture. What we "see" in Russia is therefore not a soul just now awakening, which even Dostoyevsky was helpless to describe, but our own mental picture of it, which is formed by our superficial image of Russian life and Russian history and is further falsified by the use of such very "European" words as will, reason, and Gemut. Yet perhaps some of us are able to convey a virtually indescribable impression of that country that will leave no doubt as to the immense gap that separates us.

This childlike, inarticulate, fearsome people has been confused, wounded, tortured, and poisoned by having forced upon it the patterns of a foreign, imperious, masculine, and mature "European" culture. Its flesh has been pierced by European-style urban centers with European ambitions, and its undeveloped consciousness infected by overripe attitudes, philosophies, political ideas, and scientific principles. In 1700, Peter the Great forced upon his people the Baroque style of politics, complete with cabinet diplomacy, dynastic influence, administration, and a Western-style navy. In 1800, English ideas, basically incomprehensible to these people, made their entrance in the guise of French writers who succeeded in confusing the minds of a small intellectual minority. Even before 1900 the bookish Russian intelligentsia introduced Marxism to their country, a complex product of Western European dialectics of whose origin they were completely ignorant. Peter the Great transformed the tsarist state into a major power within the Western system, thus perverting its natural development. And the "intelligentsia," themselves the product of the Russian spirit after it was corrupted by foreign-style cities, then entered the scene with their somber longing for indigenous institutions that must arise in some far-distant future, thereby distorting the primitive thought of their country into a kind of barren, childish theorizing after the manner of professional French revolutionaries. Owing to the Russians’ boundless humility and willingness to sacrifice, Petrinism and bolshevism have accomplished some very real things in senseless and disastrous imitation of such Western creations as the Court of Versailles and the Paris Commune. But these institutions have affected only the surface of Russian existence; each of them can disappear and reappear with unpredictable swiftness.

As yet Russia has had only religious experiences, no social or political ones. Dostoyevsky, in reality a saint who has been made to appear in the nonsensical and ridiculous Western guise of a romancier, is misunderstood if his social "problems" are considered apart from his novelistic form. His true essence is sooner to be found between than in the lines, and in The Brothers Karamazov he reaches a religious intensity comparable only to that of Dante. His revolutionary politics, on the other hand, originated within an insignificantly small metropolitan coterie which no longer possessed definite Russian sensibilities and, as far as family extraction is concerned, can indeed hardly be called Russian at all. As a consequence Dostoyevsky’s political thought was caught between the extremes of forced dogmatism and instinctive rejection.

Hence Russia’s deep, formidable, atavistic hatred of the West, of the poison in its own body. It can be felt in the inner suffering of Dostoyevsky, in the violent outbursts of Tolstoy, and in the silent brooding of the common man. It is an irrepressible hatred, often unconscious and often concealed beneath a sincere inclination to love and understand, a basic hatred of all symbols of the Faustian will: the cities (Petersburg in particular) which intruded as vanguards of this will on the rural calm of the endless steppes; the arts and sciences, Western thought and emotion, the state, jurisprudence, administrative structure, money, industry, education, "society"—in fact, everything. It is the primeval apocalyptic hatred that distinguishes the culture of antiquity. All bolshevism contains something of the dismal bitterness of the Maccabees, as well as of the much later insurrection that led to the destruction of Jerusalem. Its rigid dogmatism alone could never have supplied the impetus that sustains the movement even to the present day. The subliminal anti-Western instincts of Russia, at first directed against Petrinism, have lent strength to bolshevism. But since bolshevism is itself an outgrowth of Petrinism it will in time be destroyed in order to complete Russia’s liberation from "Europe."

The proletarian of the West wishes to reshape Western civilization to meet his special desires; the Russian intelligentsia wishes, by instinct if not always consciously, to destroy it. That is the meaning of Eastern nihilism. Our Western civilization has long since become purely urban; in Russia there is no such thing as "the masses," but only "the people." Every true Russian, whether his occupation is that of scholar or civil official, is basically a peasant. He is not really interested in the second-hand cities with their second-hand masses and mass ideologies. Despite Marxism, the only economic problems in that country are rural problems. The Russian "worker" is a misunderstanding. The only reality is the untouched, unharmed land, just as in Carolingian Europe. We went through this phase a thousand years ago, and thus we do not understand each other. We Western Europeans are no longer capable of living in communion with the virgin land. Whenever we go "to the country" we take with us the city with all its spiritual aspects; and we take it there in our blood, not just in our head like the Russian intelligent. The Russian mentally transports his village with him to the Russian cities.

If we wish to understand this irreparable cleavage between Eastern and Western "socialism" we must at all times distinguish the Russian soul from the Russian political system, and the mentality of the leaders from the instincts of those they lead. For what else is Pan-Slavism but a Western-type political mask covering a strong sense of religious mission? Despite all the industrial catchwords like "surplus value" and "expropriation," the Russian worker is not an urban worker, not a man of the masses as in Manchester, Essen, and Pittsburgh. He is actually a ploughman and reaper who has left home, with a hatred for the foreign power that has spoiled the true calling that his soul still clings to. The ideological elements that make bolshevism work are quite insignificant. Even if its program were turned on its head, its unconscious mission for awakening Russia would remain the same: nihilism.

Even so, bolshevism has an immense appeal for the fomenting intellectuals of our cities. It has become a hobby for tired and addled brains, a weapon for decaying megalopolitan souls, an expression for rotting blood. The Spartacism of the salons belongs in the same category as theosophy and occultism; it is for us the same thing as the cult of Isis was, not for the Oriental slaves in Rome but for the decadent Romans themselves. The fact that it made its entrance in Berlin has to do with the monstrous sham of this Revolution. It is relatively unimportant that empty-headed fools started founding "peasant councils" in Berlin in imitation of the Soviet model, or that no one noticed that rural affairs are the cardinal problem in Russia while our headaches are strictly urban. In the face of socialism, Spartacism has no future in Germany. But bolshevism is certain to conquer Paris, for when mingled with anarchic syndicalism it can satisfy the tired, sensation-hungry French soul. It will be the proper form of expression for the taedium vitae of that giant city that is so satiated with life. As a dangerous poison for refined Western intellects it has a greater future than in the East.

In Russia it will be replaced by some new form of tsarism, the only possible system for a people living under such conditions. Most probably this tsarism will resemble the Prussian socialistic system more closely than capitalist parliamentarism. Yet the future of the unconscious forces of Russia lies not in the solution of political and social quandaries but in the imminent birth of a new religion, the third to emerge from the matrix of Christianity, just as Germanic-Western culture unconsciously conceived the second form of Christianity around 100 A.D. Dostoyevsky is one of the prophets of this new faith; it is as yet nameless, but it has already begun to enter with quiet, infinitely tender power.

For us citizens of the Western world, religion is finished. In our urban souls what was once true religiosity has long since been intellectualized to "problematics." The Church reached its fulfillment at the Council of Trent. Puritanism has turned into capitalism, and Pietism is now socialism. The Anglo-American sects represent merely the nervous businessman’s need for theological pastimes. There is no more repulsive spectacle than the attempted of certain Protestant groups to revivify the cadaver of religion by smearing it with bolshevist offal. The same thing has been tried with occultism and theosophy. And nothing is more deceptive than the hope that the future religion of Russian can stimulate a revival of religion in the West. There should no longer be any misunderstanding: with its hatred of state, science, and art, Russian nihilism is also directed against Rome and Wittenberg, whose spirit is present in all forms of Western culture and thus an integral part of what this nihilism aims to destroy. Russia will push this development aside and link up once again, by way of Byzantium."

Very interesting and although someone will maybe find something written in here offensive I don't see it that way, and I certainly don't think that the author had that intention. For me the problem of Russia is always the same; Russia is not a Western country yet their elite are constantly trying to force it to be just that even though the people of Russia are rejecting westernization. The people not Putin! Putin was another in a series of rulers who wanted Russia to be like the West, no matter the fact that it's not, it will never be and most importantly it should never want to be West because it has such a beautiful culture of it's own. Only now he's changing the course, but not of his own will but because events have forced him to. The only way for Russia to prosper is to embrace her traditions, her way of life, her spirituality, her way of dealing with people and nations. And for that she has to go back to the Byzantium ways because there is her base not Rome. Very good way to see the difference between Russia and the West is to read about Rome and the Byzantine Empire. The way the West approaches the world and other peoples is the same as that of Roman Empire. Russia can't do that because it comes in contradiction with what she is so if she acted in that ahistoric way like with the Bolsheviks for example there would be tragic consequences. West for Russia should only be a trading partner and nothing more. Any accepting of "western values" would be devastating for Russia when values that are nurtured in Russia itself between Russian peoples of all religions are timeless and are understood by people on all continents.

This starts from the postulate that Russia "hates" the West. That is basically non-sense. The West has grown accustomed to its own faults and servility towards self-serving situations. Take for instance the Western hate towards China. It is described in Western media and world as a Chinese take-over. The Chinese steal, copy, adulterate or outright rape the systemic limitations the West has supposedly set for its own good.

This is basically what the whole Chinese Neo-Slavery in Africa BS is about. This is a side dish when it comes to this debate, it was merely stated to make one understand that the mirroring image used by Spengler is here to actually form the bulk of the argument we're hearing now. Even the consideration of Russia as a system, is deemed 'hate of the State", while "Communist" Soviet Union built a wholly encompassing state, in direct linearity with the MOST TOTALITARIAN state, yet to be created, which is the Roman Empire. A state built on war and state licences that constructed the first corporatist system (which sometimes after would be named, fascism by you know who) linking great owners with state privileges, also later known as nobility.

Therefore the "western" values, is simply a myth, there are no Western Values as you can't claim you are a system which respects the Rule of the Law within your borders, but make short work of that when interacting abroad. This regards the massive corruption Western States engage when dealing with their "junior partners", which is the very form of how Rome dealt with competition. Buy or burn. Delenda Carthago is what one sees in history, the Chinese example of self preservation, turning sour, should once again enlighten people and make them see, how in reality, that "Rule of Law" is actually upheld "am Westen". It is based in a legacy from far more bloodier times, which established a series of privileges which endure. And they endure because people try to see this as a hatred equation. While it is only angst to a swing in the balance between East and West. Peaceful times are the Alambic which filters the extract of the era to come. And that's also when most of the preparation for a power handover arrive. It is during the "Belle Epoque" that Europe (UK, GB call it as you wish) was badly outclassed both in Europe and outside it. It is the blindness of British leadership and its focus on Germany that made it miss the more prevalent péril of beyond the "Pond".

Here Spengler demonstrates again the very core issue when it comes to European Racism, which is that it is simply a short-sighted placebo hastily bundled from Social Darwinism and self-entitlement. Russians are people, which placed between a rock and a hard place evolved. Just LIke the Chinese or the Japanese. Their evolution, not their spirit, is the one people should "fear".
    Nikander

Post  Nikander Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:36 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Nikander wrote:"Up to now I have refrained from mentioning Russia —intentionally, for with Russia it is not a question of different peoples but of different worlds. The Russians are by no means a people like the Germans and the English. Like the Germanic tribes of the Carolingian age they contain within themselves the potentialities of many future peoples. "Russianism" is the promise of a future culture as the evening shadows grows longer and longer over the Western world. The distinctions between Russian and Western spirit cannot be drawn too sharply. As deep a cleavage as there is between the spirit, religion, politics, and economics of England, Germany, America, and France, when compared with Russia these nations suddenly appear as a unified world. It is easy to be deceived by some inhabitants of Russia who reflect strong Western influence. The true Russian is just as inwardly alien to us as a Roman in the Age of Kings or a Chinese long before Confucius would be if they were suddenly to appear among us. The Russians have been aware of this every time they have drawn a line of demarcation between "Mother Russia" and "Europe."

This starts from the postulate that Russia "hates" the West. That is basically non-sense. The West has grown accustomed to its own faults and servility towards self-serving situations. Take for instance the Western hate towards China. It is described in Western media and world as a Chinese take-over. The Chinese steal, copy, adulterate or outright rape the systemic limitations the West has supposedly set for its own good.

This is basically what the whole Chinese Neo-Slavery in Africa BS is about. This is a side dish when it comes to this debate, it was merely stated to make one understand that the mirroring image used by Spengler is here to actually form the bulk of the argument we're hearing now. Even the consideration of Russia as a system, is deemed 'hate of the State", while "Communist" Soviet Union built a wholly encompassing state, in direct linearity with the MOST TOTALITARIAN state, yet to be created, which is the Roman Empire. A state built on war and state licences that constructed the first corporatist system (which sometimes after would be named, fascism by you know who) linking great owners with state privileges, also later known as nobility.

Therefore the "western" values, is simply a myth, there are no Western Values as you can't claim you are a system which respects the Rule of the Law within your borders, but make short work of that when interacting abroad. This regards the massive corruption Western States engage when dealing with their "junior partners", which is the very form of how Rome dealt with competition. Buy or burn. Delenda Carthago is what one sees in history, the Chinese example of self preservation, turning sour, should once again enlighten people and make them see, how in reality, that "Rule of Law" is actually upheld "am Westen". It is based in a legacy from far more bloodier times, which established a series of privileges which endure. And they endure because people try to see this as a hatred equation. While it is only angst to a swing in the balance between East and West. Peaceful times are the Alambic which filters the extract of the era to come. And that's also when most of the preparation for a power handover arrive. It is during the "Belle Epoque" that Europe (UK, GB call it as you wish) was badly outclassed both in Europe and outside it. It is the blindness of British leadership and its focus on Germany that made it miss the more prevalent péril of beyond the "Pond".

Here Spengler demonstrates again the very core issue when it comes to European Racism, which is that it is simply a short-sighted placebo hastily bundled from Social Darwinism and self-entitlement. Russians are people, which placed btwn a rock and a hard evolved. Just LIke the Chinese or the Japanese.

I agree with you on everything but still believe that there are some very interesting observations about Russia even with all it's faults.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:57 am

Who the fk cares about this racist trash? The same arguments used to be made aboug how Negros are fit onlh for servility.

I don't think that modern society is neccesserily more enlightened compared to our forebears 70-80 years ago in everything, but in terms of understanding each others' cultural differences we certainly are.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:24 am

flamming_python wrote:Who the fk cares about this racist trash? The same arguments used to be made aboug how Negros are fit onlh for servility.

I don't think that modern society is neccesserily more enlightened compared to our forebears 70-80 years ago in everything, but in terms of understanding each others' cultural differences we certainly are.

I don't think we are actually given most of the idiotic, anti-cultural shit Euro-centeric cultures are attempting under the guise of enlightenment...
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:35 am

More propaganda BS from US

how about they make a "Why US hate Russia" video?? russia
    BTRfan

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 9 Empty More propaganda BS from US

Post  BTRfan Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Project Canada wrote:More propaganda BS from US

how about they make a "Why US hate Russia" video?? russia

In a nutshell, why does the USA hate Russia? Because the TV told all the American peasants that Russia is an enemy, to be feared, confronted, and opposed.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Moscow outraged over Moldova's initiative to set up "war museum of Soviet occupation"

"The fact that Moldova’s authorities carry out such events the year celebrating the 70th anniversary of Victory of the Soviet people over fascism is of special cynicism," the statement said

MOSCOW, September 23. /TASS/. Russia is outraged by an initiative of Moldova’s Defence Ministry to create a "war museum of Soviet occupation," the Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

Moscow considers the idea voiced by Defense Minister Anatol Salaru as a "blasphemous dismantling" of a memorial to heroes-tankers in Beltsy, the second-largest city in Moldova after the capital Chisinau, the ministry stressed.

"The fact that Moldova’s authorities carry out such events the year celebrating the 70th anniversary of Victory of the Soviet people over fascism is of special cynicism," the statement said.

Over the past several years, Moldova’s authorities have failed to comply with the agreement signed by Chisinau in 2011 to perpetuate the memory of courage and heroism of the peoples of the CIS member-states during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, it said.

"We hope that amid mass protests in Chisinau, Moldova’s authorities will have enough political maturity and common sense not to substitute for the lack of dialogue with its own people by implementing ideas that can result in a serious deterioration of the Russian-Moldovan ties," the ministry stressed.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:06 am

George1 wrote:Moscow outraged over Moldova's initiative to set up "war museum of Soviet occupation"

"The fact that Moldova’s authorities carry out such events the year celebrating the 70th anniversary of Victory of the Soviet people over fascism is of special cynicism," the statement said

MOSCOW, September 23. /TASS/. Russia is outraged by an initiative of Moldova’s Defence Ministry to create a "war museum of Soviet occupation," the Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

Moscow considers the idea voiced by Defense Minister Anatol Salaru as a "blasphemous dismantling" of a memorial to heroes-tankers in Beltsy, the second-largest city in Moldova after the capital Chisinau, the ministry stressed.

"The fact that Moldova’s authorities carry out such events the year celebrating the 70th anniversary of Victory of the Soviet people over fascism is of special cynicism," the statement said.

Over the past several years, Moldova’s authorities have failed to comply with the agreement signed by Chisinau in 2011 to perpetuate the memory of courage and heroism of the peoples of the CIS member-states during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, it said.

"We hope that amid mass protests in Chisinau, Moldova’s authorities will have enough political maturity and common sense not to substitute for the lack of dialogue with its own people by implementing ideas that can result in a serious deterioration of the Russian-Moldovan ties," the ministry stressed.

All these two bit monkey shits can go to Hell. They would not be around today if the Reich won. These Moldovan Romanian nationalists are the same
    Nazi excrement as the Banderatards. They have fond memories passed to them by their grandfathers and fathers of licking Hitler's boots. They
    want to turn Hitler into a saint and attribute all of his evil to Stalin.

I don't understand why Moldova doesn't join Romania already.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 am

Watch these New Yorkers/Ukies freak out at an RT journalist wearing a Putin T-shirt. Twisted Evil
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Ukraine’s parliament to ban geographical names dating back to Czarist Russia

In April, the Ukrainian parliament passed a law banning the symbols of Communism

KIEV, October 30. /TASS/. Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada on Thursday registered a bill prohibiting the names of cities and streets that date back to the times of Czarist Russia, that is, before March 1917, the parliamentary secretariat said.

The bill was initiated by deputies of all the four factions of the ruling nationalistic coalition - the Petro Proshenko bloc, the People’s Front, Samopomich, and Batkivshchina.

The bill prohibits giving the names or pseudo-names of Russian monarchs, statesmen, politicians, or military of the Russian state of the period from the 14th through to the 20th century or the names derived from them, as well as the names consonant with or including the elements of the titles of Russian monarchs to geographic objects on the territory of Ukraine.

"To bring the laws concerning totalitarian regimes and fighters for independence into conformity with European practices, it stands to reason to ban the geographic names linked to the propaganda of Russian imperialism, the Russian Kingdom and Muscovy, the Russian Empire of the 14th through to the 20th century, and the period of Ukraine’s colonial depends, as they may be fueling the plans to misappropriate Ukrainian territories," the bill says.

Experts say the bill aims to prevent the return of the historic name Yelisavetgrad to Kirovograd, which the incumbent Ukrainian politicians think to be alluding to Empress Elizabeth, who ruled in Russia from 1741 through to 1762. The true fact of history, however, is the city’s original name relates to St Elizabeth.

In April, the Verkhovna Rada passed a law banning the symbols of Communism. It demands that the local authorities rename the regions, districts, cities, villages, and other geographic objects having Soviet names.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Spetznas preview. Spot the BS. Also, the comments section is legendary.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Russia Is the US's Equal in Military Technology

-The recent article in the National Interest is wrong in thinking that Russia is behind the US and military technology

-Russia’s military responses are not conditioned by technological inferiority

-Historical experience and the flood of new weapons coming out of Russia shows Russia is the US’s equal in military technology

A recent article about Russia’s military in the US journal the National Interest republished by Russia Insider starts with the following statement:

“The trend toward greater automation, including the use of remote control weapons and AI-driven autonomous warfare, will increasingly put the Russian military at a disadvantage.

Russia does not have the technology to match Western automated systems and lacks the capabilities to develop such systems on its own in the foreseeable future. Russia’s defense industry is well behind Western militaries in automated control systems, strike drones, and advanced electronics of all kinds.

The Russian government has recognized these gaps and, until recently, was attempting to rectify them through cooperation with the Western defense industry.

However, the freezing of military cooperation between NATO member states and Russia in the aftermath of the annexation of Crimea and the concurrent imposition of sanctions by most Western states will preclude the rapid acquisition of advanced military and dual-use technology by Russian defense firms for the foreseeable future.”
    This theme - that Russia lacks the technology to compete with the West in weapons development - has been a constant of Western commentary about Russia since the 1930s.

It has been repeatedly proved to be untrue. Examples are legion. Here are some of the most famous:

1. The shock the Germans experienced in 1941 when they came up against Russian tanks like the KV1 and the T34, which were more advanced than their own;

2. The shock the US experienced in 1949 when the USSR exploded its first nuclear bomb;

3. The shock the US airforce suffered in the 1950s when it came up against the MiG-15 in Korea;

4. The still greater shock the US suffered when the USSR in 1957 launched the world’s first artificial satellite, proving it had the capability to strike the US with intercontinental missiles;

5. The shock in the 1960s when the US airforce found they were unable to achieve aerial dominance over Hanoi against a North Vietnamese airforce equipped with Russian fighters;

6. The shock the Israelis suffered during the 1973 Yom Kippur war when they came up against Russian supplied anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles;

7. The shock during the 2006 Lebanon war when the Israelis again came up against modern Russian anti-tank missiles.

Since the 1970s there have been no occasions when the Western powers have had to fight an enemy equipped with the most modern Russian weapons. However recent defeats in simulated air combat by the Indian airforce equipped with Russian fighters of the US and British airforces suggest that if they did the results might be devastating.

US and Israeli concern about the sale by Russia of S300 anti-aircraft missiles to Iran also suggests concern on the part of Western militaries about the capability of Russian weapons, as do reports that the US navy was deterred from close deployment near Crimea during the March 2014 Crimean crisis by the deployment of Russian land-based anti-ship missiles there.

The article in the National Interest does make one point that is in part true. This is that Russia did fall heavily behind the US in drone warfare.

This was not however because of technological backwardness. The USSR in the 1980s had an advanced drone programme. The reason it never came to fruition is because the USSR collapsed and Russia, which emerged out of the USSR, was caught up for decades in an existential crisis, which forced it to bring military procurement plans to a stop.  

Russia does now have an active drone programme, the first examples of which are now entering service.

A similar point can incidentally be made about Russia’s GLONASS satellite navigation system. This would have been in full operation decades ago - and soon after the US introduced GPS - if the USSR had not disintegrated when it did.

The reality - as the record and the present situation both show - is that there is approximate technology parity between the the US and Russia. Since the US spends so much more than Russia does on defence, it can sometimes bring a particular technology into service more quickly than Russia can. However the Russians have repeatedly shown that whenever a technological gap arises they can quickly close it. The cornucopia of new weapons now appearing in Russia shows that has in no way changed.

The persistence of this myth of Russian technological backwardness is remarkable given how often it has been proved wrong. At one level it shows how entrenched myths about Russia are.

It explains many of the problems US war fighting has experienced since the end of the Second World War.

The belief that Russia - the US’s chief military adversary and historically the main supplier of weapons to the US’s opponents - is far behind the US technologically has repeatedly led to the US over-investing in technology whilst neglecting other critical parts of its military system. This approach is guaranteed to fail when it turns out that the enemy is not so technologically backward after all.

It is true - as the article in the National Interest says - that Russia will not waste its money by duplicating every weapon the US produces. At the same time some of the Russian strategies the article in the National Interest discusses make sense irrespective of cost or technological considerations.

Given the heavy dependence of drones on secure communications it makes for example perfect sense for the Russians to develop their already very advanced electronic warfare systems in order to jam them. There are in fact already scattered reports of US reconnaissance drones being successfully brought down by jamming whilst overflying Crimea and Iran.

Overall however, with its comments about Russian technological backwardness and its flesh-creeping talk of Russian cyber warfare, the article in the National Interest tells us less about Russian military plans and capabilities than about the illusions and prejudices of the author.

http://russia-insider.com/en/military/russia-uss-equal-military-technology/ri9358

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:02 am