Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Tu-160 "White Swan"

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14767
    Points : 15266
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  George1 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:33 am

    Upgrade of Russian strategic bombers tops Defense Ministry’s priority list

    These planes are an important component of the country’s nuclear potential, the Russian defense minister says

    MOSCOW, August 4. /TASS/. The work to extend the service life of Tupolev Tu-160 and Tu-95MS strategic bombers and raise their combat efficiency is on the Russian Defense Ministry’s priority list, Defense Minister Army General Sergei Shoigu said on Friday.

    "We’ll continue discussing today how tasks are being solved to develop the fleet of Tu-160 and Tu-95MS strategic bombers. These planes are an important component of the country’s nuclear potential," the defense minister said at the ministry’s conference call.

    These planes carry out regular flights under the nuclear containment plan over the Arctic Ocean and the Black Sea and also in eastern areas, the defense minister said.

    "That is why, extending the service life of the missile carriers and raising their combat efficiency are among our priority tasks. Now the public joint-stock company Tupolev is carrying out modernization of the planes jointly with other industrial enterprises and also repairing aviation engines, onboard equipment and reproducing new units and assemblies. Considering the high significance of works being carried out, we’ll discuss what has been done over this month," the defense minister said.

    The Tu-160 is the Soviet strategic missile carrier armed with cruise missiles that can carry nuclear warheads. Along with the Tu-95MS missile carrier, the Tu-160 makes part of Russia’s strategic nuclear forces along with the ground-based missile systems and submarines.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/959083
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7660
    Points : 7743
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm

    Link from Eehnie on another thread http://structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/vks/news/more.htm?id=12120918@egNews Link Yandex translated.

    Note the comment on the Tu-95 replaced by the PAK DA and a complete electronics upgrade to keep them going until then.

    All strategic bombers Tu-160, which are now in the battle of the aerospace defence forces of Russia, will be completely modernized. This was announced by Deputy defense Minister Yury Borisov during a visit to the Kazan aviation plant.

    "All 16 Tu-160 which are in service, one hundred percent will be subjected to radical modernization. This means that there will be only a glider. All cable work, all on-Board equipment will be dismantled. In addition, will be upgraded and the Tu-22M3" – said the Deputy Minister.

    He stressed that resource available Tu-160 fully enough prior to the entry into operation of the new Tu-160M2, the production of which will be restored in Russia.

    "All this was confirmed by calculations, carried out practical investigations of the main structures of the body. These studies confirm that strength reserve is very high and the resource stock of the Tu-160 is almost limitless," – said Yuri Borisov.

    In addition, the resource turboprop strategic bombers Tu-95 is maximally extended as long as the system does not enter a promising aviation complex distant aviation (PAK DA). This aircraft is planned in the new state armament programme for the years 2018-2025.

    "We'll do our best to prolong its life by replacing the entire fleet of on-Board equipment, – said the Deputy head of the military Department, because huge amounts of money invested in maintaining this car, and she will live at least until then, until we reach the serial production of advanced complex of distant aircraft PAK YES."

    According to Yuri Borisov, the PAK DA is to actually replace the Tu-95.
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7619
    Points : 8016
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Austin on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 am

    NK-32 Engine Tu-160

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Nk-3210
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3355
    Points : 3387
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  franco on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:03 am

    PJSC "Tupolev" continues to successfully carry out work on the modernization of long-range aviation complexes.

    On August 28, Tupolev transferred the Tu-160 aircraft to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. The strategic missile carrier was overhauled with the modernization of the first stage.

    Also, on August 10 and 30, two regular upgraded Tu-95MS aircraft were transferred to the Russian Air Force. At the turboprop strategic missile carriers, work was carried out to modernize the first stage.

    Earlier, in early July, the bomber-missile carrier Tu-22M3 was transferred to the operating organization, which was repaired at the enterprise with modernization.

    Modernized Tu-160, Tu-95MS and Tu-22M3 have undergone the necessary ground and flight tests in full.

    "The necessary works have been carried out at the aviation complexes transferred for modernization to Tupolev, all bearer and acceptance-delivery flights have been successfully passed, the planes have been sent to their main bases," said Alexander Konyukhov, General Director of PJSC Tupolev.

    NOTE: the Tu-22M3 may have been the first of 30 contracted for -22M3M modernization or another SVP24-22 upgrade. There are approximately 14 Tu-95MSM's and 7 Tu-160M's modernized now.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14767
    Points : 15266
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  George1 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:36 am

    In the Soviet past, over several thousand engineers worked on the design of the world's largest supersonic bomber Tu-160 for over a decade. Today, in the framework of the program for the aircraft modernization, the Tupolev company has introduced new methods for designing and manufacturing.

    For instance, a unified information system (EIS) is used to digitize design documentation and to launch the production of Tu-160M2 "in digital". In total, it is planned to attract about 1,500 specialists to participate in the project. Using the EIS would allow to finish all the work in about four years.
    "Tu-160M2 differs from its predecessor by a totally new complex of on-board electronics and a set of weapons," Russia Deputy Defense Minister Yury Borisov said earlier. - Tu-160 in the M2 variant will be an absolutely new aircraft with a new on-board radio electronic equipment, but has the old well-known look. Its efficiency will increase two and a half times compared to its predecessor."

    The aircraft was manufactured by the Kazan Aviation Plant since 1984. The last machine was handed over to the customer in 2008. In order to use the latest achievements in the field of digitalization and updating the product life cycle, United Aircraft Corporation along with the MoD of Russia have launched a project to digitize the Tu-160 design documentation.

    In the framework of the Tu-160M2 project, special work has been carried out, such as the protection of data exchange channels, a unified network with centralized corporate apps has been set up and exchange of design and engineering data was orginized.

    https://uacrussia.livejournal.com/68193.html
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 2104
    Points : 2094
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  hoom on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

    http://nortwolf-sam.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/blog-post_92.html
    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 DJG1Aq7XoAAxwt5
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14767
    Points : 15266
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  George1 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am

    Russia upgrades Tupolev-160M2 bomber

    The United Engine Corporation has begun bench tests of the NK-32 02 series engine for an upgraded strategic bomber Tupolev-160M2

    MOSCOW, October 6. /TASS/. The United Engine Corporation (an affiliate of Rostec) has begun bench tests of the NK-32 02 series engine for an upgraded strategic bomber Tupolev-160M2.

    "The bench tests of the new NK-32 02 series engines meant for the strategic missile carrying bomber Tupolev-160M2 are in progress at the public joint stock company PAO Kuznetsov in Samara," the UEC said.

    A number of parts and components of the NK-32 engine (series 02) were upgraded to make it more fuel efficient.

    "Its endurance has been improved. Equipped with this engine, the Tupolev-160M2 bomber will have far greater capabilities, including a longer range of flight," the UEC said.

    Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2015 issued orders to resume the production of Tupolev-160 planes. In October 2016 Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said there were plans for building 50 such planes for the time being. He also said that an initial batch of six engines for the upgraded bombers would be provided by the first quarter of 2018. Earlier, the UEC said the facilities for testing the new engines had been upgraded and certified for experiments with NK-32 power plants.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/969348
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:58 pm

    George1 wrote:Russia upgrades Tupolev-160M2 bomber

    The United Engine Corporation has begun bench tests of the NK-32 02 series engine for an upgraded strategic bomber Tupolev-160M2

    MOSCOW, October 6. /TASS/. The United Engine Corporation (an affiliate of Rostec) has begun bench tests of the NK-32 02 series engine for an upgraded strategic bomber Tupolev-160M2.

    "The bench tests of the new NK-32 02 series engines meant for the strategic missile carrying bomber Tupolev-160M2 are in progress at the public joint stock company PAO Kuznetsov in Samara," the UEC said.

    A number of parts and components of the NK-32 engine (series 02) were upgraded to make it more fuel efficient.

    "Its endurance has been improved. Equipped with this engine, the Tupolev-160M2 bomber will have far greater capabilities, including a longer range of flight," the UEC said.

    Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2015 issued orders to resume the production of Tupolev-160 planes. In October 2016 Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said there were plans for building 50 such planes for the time being. He also said that an initial batch of six engines for the upgraded bombers would be provided by the first quarter of 2018. Earlier, the UEC said the facilities for testing the new engines had been upgraded and certified for experiments with NK-32 power plants.


    More:


    http://tass.com/defense/969348



    Actually great news also for new V/STOL Russian fighter. Vide Yak-43
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9242
    Points : 9324
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

    Actually great news also for new V/STOL Russian fighter. Vide Yak-43

    Wait, you are saying they will use this monster engine on fighter jet?affraid
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Actually great news also for new V/STOL Russian fighter. Vide Yak-43

    Wait, you are saying they will use this monster engine on fighter jet?affraid


    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%AF%D0%BA-43
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuznetsov_NK-32

    NK-32 (old)
    Performance
    Maximum thrust: Cruise thrust: 14 000 kgf (31,000 lbf, 137 kN)[5] Afterburning thrust: 25 000 kgf (55,000 lbf, 245 kN) [5]
    verall pressure ratio: 28.4[4]
    Bypass ratio: 1.4[4]
    Turbine inlet temperature: 1630 K (1357 °C)
    Specific fuel consumption: (supersonic) 48g/kN/hour[6](subsonic): 0.72-0.73 kg/kgf/hour[6]
    Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.35 Kgf/kg

    General characteristics
    Type: Three-spool low-bypass afterburning turbofan
    Length: 6,000 mm (20 ft)[4]
    Diameter: 1,460 mm (4.79 ft)[4]
    Dry weight: 3,400 kg (7,500 lb)[4]



    for comparison F35's engine (for STO/VL version)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_F135

    General characteristics
    Type: Afterburning Turbofan with shaft driven remote lift fan
    Length: 369 in (937.3 cm)
    Diameter: 46 in (116.8 cm) maximum, 43 in (109.2 cm) fan inlet, 53 in (134.6 cm) lift fan inlet
    Dry weight:


    Performance
    Maximum thrust: 41,000 lbf (182 kN) max, 27,000 lbf (120 kN) intermediate, 40,650 lbf (180.8 kN) hover

    Overall pressure ratio: 28:1 overall pressure ratio (conventional), 29:1 overall pressure ratio (powered lift),
    Power-to-weight ratio:

    and you say Russian oldie is a monster with less weight size and more thrust huh? pirat
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:04 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Actually great news also for new V/STOL  Russian fighter.  Vide Yak-43

    AFAIK, the Yak-43 is dead and buried ...you have any recent news on it?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:59 am


    https://rg.ru/2017/07/11/reg-pfo/pervyj-tu-160m2-postupil-v-ceh-okonchatelnoj-sborki.html

    The first Tu-160M2 entered the final assembly shop

    At Kazan Gorbunov Aircraft Plant (KAZ), the prototype of the strategic bomber Tu-160M2 was towed to the final assembly shop. The aircraft with factory number 804 is taken from the remnant left from Soviet times and will become a demonstration of how Kazan aircraft manufacturers and Russia as a whole are able to resume the production of such complex systems.

    In 1992, the assembly of strategic bombers in Kazan was stopped, but the plant left four reserves in various degrees of readiness, writes the military blog with reference to the factory newspaper "Forward!" and the Kazan edition of "BUSINESS Online". Two of them were completed in 2000 and 2008, the other two were saved.

    Photo: Vitaly Ankov / RIA Novosti
    "Alligator" will make folding
    In February 2017, Russian Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov confirmed that the first prototype of the upgraded Tu-160 will be assembled from the factory reserve. "We need to raise the first car in 2018," the minister said. It will not be a full-fledged Tu-160M2, but a demonstration of KAZ's abilities to restore almost the most difficult production in the country.

    Completion of development work on the new "strategist" is planned for 2021, in 2020 a modern complex of on-board radio-electronic equipment will be created. The serial assembly of new engines NK-32-02 for Tu-160M2 at PJSC "Kuznetsov" has just begun. And the future bomber's weapon is a long-range strategic cruise missile under the X-BD index, while it is being developed. It is known that it will have a flight range of about seven thousand kilometers, very high speed and artificial intelligence.

    "In a new complex, the missile will be the main component." She will decide when, where, at what altitude and speed to fly. And the aircraft will only be a means of delivery to the launch point, "Colonel-General Viktor Bondarev, the commander-in-chief of the Russian Air Force, said.

    The work on assembling the first Tu-160M2 goes almost around the clock, this project for KAZ is a landmark project. It is necessary to form and test the hermachine, assemble the wings of variable sweep wings and connect them with the swivel knot, test the tightness of the caisson tanks and mount a number of aircraft systems.

    - This car is special for us. Work on the first aircraft in the volume of aggregate-assembly production helped to create a team that will become the basis of future production. Of course, many cones were filled. But the main thing is the result: the young guys - those who knew about the construction of the Tu-160 only in theory - learned how to build this aircraft and perfect their skills, "said Zufar Mirgalimov, the first deputy director of the KAZ, on the 804th car. - Ahead is no less important stage - the final assembly of the 804th car and its transfer in October to the flight test station.

    Until the rollout of the updated Tu-160 bomber left several months, the official blog of the United Aircraft Corporation recently reported .



    Cyberspec wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Actually great news also for new V/STOL  Russian fighter.  Vide Yak-43

    AFAIK, the Yak-43 is dead and buried ...you have any recent news on it?

    There were some about Arab Emirates co-financing new light stealth fighter and Bondaryev mentioned about re-viving production of VSTOL fighter based on YAK 141.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14767
    Points : 15266
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  George1 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 am

    The first flight of the Tu-160 bomber of the new production is planned for February 2018

    According to Antony Angrand, in the article "Le Tu-160M2 volera en février 2018", published by the magazine "Air & Cosmos", the first flight of the upgraded version of the Tu-160M bomber with serial number 0804 will be held in February 2018. 16 of this type of aircraft existing in the VKS will be modified to version M2, and another 50 Tu-160M2 of the new production will be added to them.

    According to the publication, in November the plane with the serial number 0804 should arrive at the flight-testing station of the Kazan Aviation Plant named after. S.P. Gorbunov - branch of PJSC "Tupolev".

    The first flight will also take place from the factory airfield. The aircraft with the serial number 0804 is actually the usual Tu-160, which will be modified to version M2. The Ministry of Defense of Russia specified that the batch batch production will begin in 2023, and that the Russian Air Force will purchase 50 aircraft. Earlier, the commander-in-chief of the VKS Viktor Bondarev said that the Tu-160M2 could begin to arrive in part since the end of 2018.

    There are 16 Tu-160s produced during the Soviet period (so in the text - bmpd). All these aircraft will probably be upgraded to version M2.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2939236.html
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Guest on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Actually great news also for new V/STOL  Russian fighter.  Vide Yak-43

    AFAIK, the Yak-43 is dead and buried ...you have any recent news on it?

    It never went further than concept based on Yak-141. So there was never much to bury either xD
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  eehnie on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

    George1 wrote:The first flight of the Tu-160 bomber of the new production is planned for February 2018

    According to Antony Angrand, in the article "Le Tu-160M2 volera en février 2018", published by the magazine "Air & Cosmos", the first flight of the upgraded version of the Tu-160M bomber with serial number 0804 will be held in February 2018. 16 of this type of aircraft existing in the VKS will be modified to version M2, and another 50 Tu-160M2 of the new production will be added to them.

    According to the publication, in November the plane with the serial number 0804 should arrive at the flight-testing station of the Kazan Aviation Plant named after. S.P. Gorbunov - branch of PJSC "Tupolev".

    The first flight will also take place from the factory airfield. The aircraft with the serial number 0804 is actually the usual Tu-160, which will be modified to version M2. The Ministry of Defense of Russia specified that the batch batch production will begin in 2023, and that the Russian Air Force will purchase 50 aircraft. Earlier, the commander-in-chief of the VKS Viktor Bondarev said that the Tu-160M2 could begin to arrive in part since the end of 2018.

    There are 16 Tu-160s produced during the Soviet period (so in the text - bmpd). All these aircraft will probably be upgraded to version M2.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2939236.html

    Good news for Russia.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:16 am

    Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Actually great news also for new V/STOL  Russian fighter.  Vide Yak-43

    AFAIK, the Yak-43 is dead and buried ...you have any recent news on it?

    It never went further than concept based on Yak-141. So there was never much to bury either xD

    So ?

    He mentioned something about a new V/STOL fighter. Therefore I thought he was referring to the revival of the project
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2505
    Points : 2495
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm

    eehnie wrote:
    George1 wrote:The first flight of the Tu-160 bomber of the new production is planned for February 2018

    According to Antony Angrand, in the article "Le Tu-160M2 volera en février 2018", published by the magazine "Air & Cosmos", the first flight of the upgraded version of the Tu-160M bomber with serial number 0804 will be held in February 2018. 16 of this type of aircraft existing in the VKS will be modified to version M2, and another 50 Tu-160M2 of the new production will be added to them.

    According to the publication, in November the plane with the serial number 0804 should arrive at the flight-testing station of the Kazan Aviation Plant named after. S.P. Gorbunov - branch of PJSC "Tupolev".

    The first flight will also take place from the factory airfield. The aircraft with the serial number 0804 is actually the usual Tu-160, which will be modified to version M2. The Ministry of Defense of Russia specified that the batch batch production will begin in 2023, and that the Russian Air Force will purchase 50 aircraft. Earlier, the commander-in-chief of the VKS Viktor Bondarev said that the Tu-160M2 could begin to arrive in part since the end of 2018.

    There are 16 Tu-160s produced during the Soviet period (so in the text - bmpd). All these aircraft will probably be upgraded to version M2.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2939236.html

    Good news for Russia.

    Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

    They apparently have 3-4 partialy completed airframes leftover from Soviet times. That should speed up the construction of the first examples
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:31 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

    They apparently have 3-4 partialy completed airframes leftover from Soviet times. That should speed up the construction of the first examples


    The first Tu-160M2 entered the final assembly shop

    At Kazan Gorbunov Aircraft Plant (KAZ), the prototype of the strategic bomber Tu-160M2 was towed to the final assembly shop. The aircraft with factory number 804 is taken from the remnant left from Soviet times and will become a demonstration of how Kazan aircraft manufacturers and Russia as a whole are able to resume the production of such complex systems.

    In 1992, the assembly of strategic bombers in Kazan was stopped, but the plant left four reserves in various degrees of readiness, writes the military blog with reference to the factory newspaper "Forward!" and the Kazan edition of "BUSINESS Online". Two of them were completed in 2000 and 2008, the other two were saved.

    in my prev post Smile
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Guest on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:33 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    George1 wrote:The first flight of the Tu-160 bomber of the new production is planned for February 2018

    According to Antony Angrand, in the article "Le Tu-160M2 volera en février 2018", published by the magazine "Air & Cosmos", the first flight of the upgraded version of the Tu-160M bomber with serial number 0804 will be held in February 2018. 16 of this type of aircraft existing in the VKS will be modified to version M2, and another 50 Tu-160M2 of the new production will be added to them.

    According to the publication, in November the plane with the serial number 0804 should arrive at the flight-testing station of the Kazan Aviation Plant named after. S.P. Gorbunov - branch of PJSC "Tupolev".

    The first flight will also take place from the factory airfield. The aircraft with the serial number 0804 is actually the usual Tu-160, which will be modified to version M2. The Ministry of Defense of Russia specified that the batch batch production will begin in 2023, and that the Russian Air Force will purchase 50 aircraft. Earlier, the commander-in-chief of the VKS Viktor Bondarev said that the Tu-160M2 could begin to arrive in part since the end of 2018.

    There are 16 Tu-160s produced during the Soviet period (so in the text - bmpd). All these aircraft will probably be upgraded to version M2.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2939236.html

    Good news for Russia.

    Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

    I already see epic story about engines production Very Happy
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:In 1992, the assembly of strategic bombers in Kazan was stopped, but the plant left four reserves in various degrees of readiness, writes the military blog with reference to the factory newspaper "Forward!" and the Kazan edition of "BUSINESS Online". Two of them were completed in 2000 and 2008, the other two were saved.


    in my prev post Smile

    Well that settles it then
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25322
    Points : 25868
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  GarryB on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:15 am

    We have already been over this.

    They had four aircraft in different states of completion.

    They finished the two they could finish but because the remaining two didn't have the expensive and complicated titanium box structure the remaining two could not be completed outside of the Ukrainian factory that made them in the first place.

    The fact that they have finished the remaining two means they now have a forge able to work with very large titanium structures in a vacuum.... which is pretty much all they needed to make new Blackjacks.

    Mil and Kilo.. hope you are happy with your snide cheap shots...

    Troll all you want, you just sound like asses.

    These planes are going to be built and these engines are going to be upgraded and it might not actually run to schedule, because this is the real world and not fairy fanboi land like the EU you two live in.

    Oops, did I say fairy.... sorry, I realise in the western democratic republic of EU that you two live in that might be deemed offensive to faggots and I would be strung up under the nearest lamp post for uttering such an offensive slur on the good name of homos everywhere.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2505
    Points : 2495
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:46 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

    They apparently have 3-4 partialy completed airframes leftover from Soviet times. That should speed up the construction of the first examples

    Well that took about 1/4 of a century, beats Ivan Gren record. lol1

    GarryB wrote:Mil and Kilo.. hope you are happy with your snide cheap shots...

    Troll all you want, you just sound like asses.

    learn to take a joke Garry. yes sir

    And given the circumstances in Russian defense projects, there's plenty of subject matter.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2880
    Points : 3035
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 am

    KiloGolf wrote:Well that took about 1/4 of a century....

    Congratulations thumbsup This one takes the prize for the most idiotic recent post...and it was a tight contest
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2505
    Points : 2495
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Well that took about 1/4 of a century....

    Congratulations  thumbsup  This one takes the prize for the most idiotic recent post...and it was a tight contest

    Try the Ivan Gren thread, you'll find epic stuff there.
    Although wait one sec, I can hear a phone ringing. Oh it's 1992, they want their incomplete bombers back jocolor

    PS. you too, learn to take a joke.

    Sponsored content

    Tu-160 "White Swan" - Page 18 Empty Re: Tu-160 "White Swan"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 pm