Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering (CDB ME) "Ruby" is the chief architect of the construction of submarines in Russia. According to the drawings, "Rubin" is now under construction and the latest nuclear missile type "Northwind", and diesel-electric "Lada" and "Varshavyanka", and others. Until the end of the year "Admiralty Shipyards" give another submarine of the Russian Navy, "Rostov-on-Don."
On what are the plans of "Ruby" in 2015 and what tasks submarine designers decide today told the heads of the relevant wording RIA Novosti Sergei Safronov, Deputy Director General for Foreign Economic Affairs and Military-Technical Cooperation CDB ME "Rubin" Andrey Baranov.
- Andrew I., tell us about the development of the project "Harmony". Do resumed their construction?
- As for the "Lada" answer is obvious - their construction resumed. "Kronstadt" is based on "Sevastopol" must be signed state contract for construction. About the sins of which we are accused Vladimir Vysotsky (former Commander of the Navy criticized the project for the 677 most noise - Ed.), Then we get rid of them during execution of the tasks on the head boat "Saint Petersburg".
Now for the sins we are not numbers, so these boats are built as a serial.
- Will the "Kronstadt" and "Sevastopol" feature anaerobic (airindependent) power plants?
- Anaerobic installation developing a parallel course. It is a prototype. Completed research and development, so now the next stage of work - creation of a prototype. Prototype, in fact, this is the compartment of the submarine.
- When can I see it in the metal?
- Our plans have not changed yet, 2016 - year of prototyping.
- They can be set to "Kronstadt" and "Sebastopol"?
- No, but these boats are built to improve the draft, they VNEU not installed. This decision was taken by the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation for the purpose of construction of these two ships as soon as possible to the boat became part of the Russian Navy in the early part of the program update non-nuclear fleet. VNEU can be installed from the fourth body, that we must now confirm the tests to be performed with the prototype.
- Technologically, they also can be embedded in the body, for example, "Kronstadt"?
- This is hardly anyone will do, but conditional yes. You can embed always something, but are engaged only in extreme cases. We are talking about the development of this series, so much more logical to build a fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on housing. It will be technically justified, and the money is much more effective. The more that the freshly boat again to put the plant and cut in half ... So why we built it? Not for experiments, they need the fleet - every bayonet counts.
- What are the prospects of the project 636 boats? A series of these boats for the Black Sea Fleet will be the last?
- Over the past 15 years, tirelessly, we sell for export boats of this project in different countries. All of them are armed with highly effective missile complex "Club", which works both on shore and on ships. Boats of this project is fully updated electronics, mechanical equipment, hydrodynamics. This boat is almost perfect. Another thing is that it is larger than the "Lada". And it can be regarded as a definite minus. After all, "Lada" has the same features. On the other hand, it is a ship flue which "Admiralty shipyard" built every year practically continuously. The second decade they are doing, so here is fully debugged cooperation, serial clearly allows the algorithm to predict construction. Do not want to jinx "Shipyards", but they are not in breach of any term obligations to supply boats or 636 for foreign customers or to our fleet. It's worth it.
If you look at what is happening in the world, you will see a failure occurred on the Spanish S-80, the supply of which they delayed for a few years. And what were the difficulties in the same boat at the time of the Germans to the Greeks. Therefore, I believe that the Navy has taken quite the right decision to close the current gap for non-nuclear submarines, decided to build a boat of 636 project for the Black Sea Fleet.
Of course, they have the resources to upgrade, but for the Russian Navy, perhaps this is the last order for non-nuclear submarines of this project. Then of course pass on boat building the next generation - Project 677 "Lada".
- That is, the project will be eliminated?
- There can not talk about the elimination, in this project, firstly, there is a large export potential. Secondly, this project has a very good possibility of modernization. If the boat this year entered the Black Sea Fleet, then it specified lifetime of 25 years, plus the possibility of extending more than ten years. Here and add. Will not find it. These boats will be active participants in the military-industrial activity in the next 30 years, or even 40, given that this series has not yet mastered all. Plus that is based on the export ... So this is a very serious issue, a serious business in all respects. Many countries are in need of maintenance, spare parts to it.
- Rocket complex "Club" also will be improved?
- Missiles as a complex "Club" is the export performance of the domestic complex "Caliber" (which, in particular, armed with the latest Russian submarine type "Severdvinsk" (Project 885) "Ash" - Ed.). It has great potential, including for export. At the "CLUB" is limited to a distance of 300 kilometers, and "Caliber" - a thousand.
- In October in Paris hosted the exhibition "Euronaval 2014". What are the prospects of military-technical cooperation, "Rubin" with other countries?
- There are prerequisites to expand our traditional geography, for which we are actively fighting. The most promising region - is South-East Asia. In Latin America, the political situation easier, and in Southeast Asia are all friendly and and sharpen knives. There's degree of tension is growing very rapidly. Significantly, as promptly Vietnam decided to strengthen its submarine fleet. This is not something to record, but it is one of the most quickly prepared, designed and carried out contracts. He's already at the final stage - a contract to build six submarines of project 636 (upgraded Project 877 "Varshavyanka" was signed in 2009).
- When it is completed?
- I think that in 2015, because it has already dealt the final boat ... This is a very long product - submarine. He suggests a long ointment parties acquaintance, usually it is very important what basis exists in the relations of countries. And with Vietnam the situation is resolved in a fantastic pace. In 2008 he was the first trip to the technical presentations, and now, six years have passed, we have, in fact, complete the contract. Now this year laid the last boat of the contract, two in the fleet are already active, the two will be directed, that is, the process of developing with tremendous speed.
- And the creation of infrastructure for the deployment of boats in Cam Ranh is also spelled out in the contract?
- Be sure, but there are different performers head. For the construction of boats - it works "Admiralty Shipyards" for infrastructure - Technology Center and shipbuilding, which specializes in these matters, and, again, "Admiralty Shipyards", which carry the warranty. Year warranty from the moment the last boat will be commissioned, plus one year. This period dense presence "Admiralty Shipyards" in Vietnam as part of a group guarantee to solve all the problems that may arise.
Infrastructure for the home being built now active, but we must distinguish between the infrastructure for the deployment and repair.
For the home is in a high-availability, and to repair because the repair is still somewhere ahead, will be completed later. I have no doubt that all this will be done on time, with quality, because we have a very good partnership with the country.
- Which countries are still negotiating the possible purchase of boats?
- There were negotiations with Indonesia, which, unfortunately, give up our Project 877 boats from the presence of the fleet. Was this story this year. Two boats from the Russian Navy and offer to repair them pass.
Nevertheless, interest in our boats in Indonesia is preserved. This country for a long time, we are looking with great interest, with a great desire to work with them.
As for the other countries in the region, there is already a clear separation of suppliers. As you know, Malaysia and Singapore - relatively pro-European, Thailand was not identified, but he, like all the countries of the region, quite a tight budget. They must first find out who would give money to debt. Then, of course, who gave, he also sold. Nevertheless, we are also trying to Thailand in the format of exhibitions in the region to maintain cordial relations. There are quite fallen Philippines, they are pro-American, but at the same time now there is a trend that the Americans are treated with some suspicion as to the suppliers. Either they have to completely surrender and follow in line with their policy, and then everything will be fine. But if you want to have anything to do an opinion, you have to be quite careful. It is very important the country's reputation as a reliable supplier. In the naval sphere we still keep the brand, try to observe all obligations.
For example, the French now for us is very dangerous competitor, one of the most powerful players, and the situation with the "Mistral" is important from the point of view of a reliable supplier. If the contract is for Russia to "Mistral" will fail, it will strain once a number of countries that might be in the same situation as Russia.
It must be borne in mind that the involvement of at least one country in the orbit of our cooperation boat - it's almost a watershed event.
- What is the state contract with Italy on the development of small diesel-electric submarine S-1000 thousand tons of displacement?
- The project is now frozen for political reasons. But privately with Fincantieri we continue to contact, clerical process goes forward to normalize the situation.
- Before freezing the contract that the parties have time to do?
- Conceptual design has been developed, a business plan, that is, in fact, prepared an offer to a potential customer. We have been jointly developing the marketing program to promote this boat in the regions. In the past year, we have already begun to implement this program. The Italians offered to this project in South Africa. This boat is offered to countries that are potentially interested in buying an inexpensive, compact, simple enough to operate the submarine. But this year, the process has stalled.
- Where it is supposed to build S-1000?
- The question of where it will build this boat until open. We will rely on the capabilities of the Russian factories and the ability of Fincantieri. The issue price and the issue of customer preference. In general, everything is developing normally. Submarines - not fast theme, but in fact the year, unfortunately, we have already lost. We had planned a working group in March, but, unfortunately, it is now postponed indefinitely. Now the plan was to take place the Russian-Italian commission on military cooperation, but so far there is no evidence, and the plans for its implementation.
- The project is now frozen, it can not be eliminated at all?
- The project is not going anywhere, ready to hand at the political decision to resume the dialogue. And I think this applies to a wide range of cooperation between Russia and European countries.