Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Singular_trafo
KoTeMoRe
Viktor
Grazneyar
DerWolf
VladimirSahin
sepheronx
George1
loko
Vann7
NationalRus
zg18
Austin
kvs
A Different Voice
Karl Haushofer
PapaDragon
higurashihougi
Kimppis
Rmf
Bidoul
franco
GarryB
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
TheArmenian
Walther von Oldenburg
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
medo
ExBeobachter1987
Backinblack
Hannibal Barca
AlfaT8
x_54_u43
JohninMK
Regular
magnumcromagnon
max steel
par far
Neutrality
flamming_python
47 posters

Russian Economy General News: #6

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #6

Post  sepheronx Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 pm

After a bit of thought on this, I may have been too harsh on my assumption. Essentially, what I forgot to factor in are a couple of things:
    - first six months if last year saw high average oil and gas prices compared to first six months this year (last year averaged about $50/bbl this year around $40/bbl) and due to ruble devaluation, value of products sold outside may be lower in USD terms but not necessarily in volume. So in this case, they may have received less due to commodity prices being hit.

But the biggest factor is domestic consumers. If they are not consuming, that is a good 60-75% of their GDP being underwhelming. So more has to be done to increase domestic production.

Most figure that if Turkey even returns to the Russian market, they won't be able to fill any voids or help reduce overall prices in the country. Issue stems from either lack of cheap credit (I do not support the idea of borrowing money in order to grow an economy) or due to low wages and price/job/market uncertainty that causes consumers to panic and not buy. Obviously second one is the real issue and the Russian government needs to clamp down on both speculators and people inflating prices beyond actual inflation rate. Their work to drop unemployment is good idea, but McDonalds is closing up 5 of 6 stores in one specific area hurts 300 employees. So more work needs to be done.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #6

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:26 am

The Central Bank of Russia: with inflation at 4% GDP growth will not exceed 2% without structural reforms

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160630/1454668251.html#ixzz4D0gev0Ad

reforms means here? selling all to west? cut pensions? save on education and army? and let oligarchs transfer any amounts abroad ASAP? or what else?

in such case game is over form inside? i cannot believe I wish I understood what is the game about ...

sepheronx wrote:After a bit of thought on this, I may have been too harsh on my assumption.  Essentially, what I forgot to factor in are a couple of things:
    - first six months if last year saw high average oil and gas prices compared to first six months this year (last year averaged about $50/bbl this year around $40/bbl) and due to ruble devaluation, value of products sold outside may be lower in USD terms but not necessarily in volume.  So in this case, they may have received less due to commodity prices being hit.

But the biggest factor is domestic consumers.  If they are not consuming, that is a good 60-75% of their GDP being underwhelming. So more has to be done to increase domestic production.

Most figure that if Turkey even returns to the Russian market, they won't be able to fill any voids or help reduce overall prices in the country.  Issue stems from either lack of cheap credit (I do not support the idea of borrowing money in order to grow an economy) or due to low wages and price/job/market uncertainty that causes consumers to panic and not buy.  Obviously second one is the real issue and the Russian government needs to clamp down on both speculators and people inflating prices beyond actual inflation rate.  Their work to drop unemployment is good idea, but McDonalds is closing up 5 of 6 stores in one specific area hurts 300 employees.  So more work needs to be done.

Export dropped because if oli drops form avg 100 to 50 you and you seel same amount of barrels so your export drops twice...of course this is just exaggeration to show principle. The better way is to check volume of goodies transfered by ports for exmaple...

As for work places - Nabiulina does not seem to go anywhere soon or change policy...I wodner what is on mind of Putin now...she´s
    been only 3years in CBR but hope I´ll live to the day Glazierv would be  CBR boss or  better prime minister but then   I would not  like to be Chubais Very Happy
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:54 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:The Central Bank of Russia: with inflation at 4% GDP growth will not exceed 2% without structural reforms

reforms means here? selling all to west? cut pensions? save on education and army? and let oligarchs transfer any amounts abroad ASAP? or what else?

in such case game is over form inside? i cannot believe I wish I understood what is the game

Yes i wanted to know in what way they plan to deal with economic growth. Selling all to the west would put all their efforts rightnow to waste. There should be another way
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:The Central Bank of Russia: with inflation at 4% GDP growth will not exceed 2% without structural reforms

This is the biggest load of BS I have heard in a while. A 4% inflation rate is normal and will not impact GDP growth in any structural
    way. If you look at the prices in Canada and the USA for food, housing, and in general you will see that the official rate of less than
    2% CPI is a fraud. The actual inflation is closer to 5%.

These CBR clowns need to be removed from power. Their insane interest rate policy is what is actually stopping GDP growth. They
    are utter scum or insane if they are targeting CPI at under 2%, such a rate is not realizable in Russia in the short term.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:22 am

The concept of structural reform is a catch phrase that is being tossed around. It is now replacing "Diversification" but is essentially the same thing - not actually knowing what to do and just make use of the thesaurus.

There is indeed various things that need to be changed. One of course is making it easier to obtain credit when needed to build production to fight at inflation. But essentially, this is something the CBR isn't doing and this falls entirely in this womans hands, the same one making the statements. So she is actually the major hindrance of Russia's ability to fight inflation.

Many of you are afraid of the idea of privatization, and I cannot blame you. I am also afraid of it. But there is something happening here regarding the privatization of the Russian state run companies - who and what entities will own the organizations.

As Austin (I believe) posted an article about privatization of VTB (or something else) they were looking at the national welfare fund and state entities like various banks to purchase those stocks. Take a moment as to think why that is? It is a way to increase banks liquidity while all at the same time, the banks can provide the "Loans" (In this case, nothing is owed to anyone) in order to expand current development. Also, when national welfare fund starts to own major stocks in Russian companies that are profitable, it will end up money back into the very same fund that will be used to fund further development in the country, even if the federal government makes some cut backs overall.

Privatization in the past worked as a free for all. A sort of wild west scenario for Russian companies. This is what everyone is afraid of happening today. But did you know that the FSB themselves have an economic division? Their job is to make sure the protection of Russia's economic sovereignty. In this case, the words used are "strategic partner". This is another way of saying "We will determine who has rights to purchase our companies stocks and as well, those entities are looking for our interests at heart too."

Many of you have to stop looking at trying to look too deep into something that really isn't mentioned. She said structural reforms. What does that mean? Who knows. She is a witch to a certain degree and I don't trust her. But at the same time too, she is a byproduct of Russia in the early 2000's due to the fact that well, Moscow allowed the Higher school of economics to actually work in the country. So she may actually have Russia's interests in her heart, but that doesn't mean that she may actually be that good at her job. She is simply going by the mantra that she was taught. Many are. And that is where the problem is. But I imagine she will be out in a year or two (hopefully). She gets a ton of hate and flak in Russian media, and it is only a matter of time.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Putin will create and lead the strategic development Board

http://ria.ru/economy/20160617/1448965689.html

St. PETERSBURG, June 17 — RIA Novosti. Russian President Vladimir Putin said that in the near future will be created the Council for strategic development and priority projects, which will be headed by the head of state, the Presidium of the Council will be chaired by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

"In the near future Council will be established under the President for strategic development and priority projects. Your humble servant will lead it, and by the Presidium of the Council will be chaired by the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev," Putin said at a plenary session of the St. Petersburg international economic forum.
    According to the President, this Council will be engaged in key projects aimed at structural changes in the economy and social sphere of the country. "This growth, including those projects that I have said today. This increase in labor productivity, the business climate, promoting small and medium-sized businesses, support for exports and a number of other", — he added.
    According to Putin, these projects are cross-cutting and affect various sectors of the Russian economy and social sphere, they are beyond the competence of one Department, and require the active participation of regions and municipalities.
    "At the same time in state social programs, such as health, education, housing, will be allocated to the project with clear indication of what results we plan to reach by 2020 and 2025, and by what specific measures those results should be achieved," — said Putin

Good he did it, very bad because this is f@cking job of govt. Hope that metrics will prove who is to bite the dust...

kvs wrote:

sepheronx wrote: Many of you have to stop looking at trying to look too deep into something that really isn't mentioned.  She said structural reforms.  What does that mean? Who knows.  She is a witch to a certain degree and I don't trust her.  But at the same time too, she is a byproduct of Russia in the early 2000's due to the fact that well, Moscow allowed the Higher school of economics to actually work in the country.  So she may actually have Russia's interests in her heart, but that doesn't mean that she may actually be that good at her job.  She is simply going by the mantra that she was taught.  Many are.  And that is where the problem is.  But I imagine she will be out in a year or two (hopefully).  She gets a ton of hate and flak in Russian media, and it is only a matter of time.

+1 that´s exactly how I see her role not, we need to remember thet Putin is keeping her for some reason we do not know...

This is the biggest load of BS I have heard in a while.  A 4% inflation rate is normal and will not impact GDP growth in any structural
    way.  If you look at the prices in Canada and the USA for food, housing, and in general you will see that the official rate of less than
    2% CPI is a fraud.   The actual inflation is closer to 5%.  

These CBR clowns need to be removed from power.   Their insane interest rate policy is what is actually stopping GDP growth.  They
    are utter scum or insane if they are targeting CPI at under 2%,  such a rate is not realizable in Russia in the short term.  

Wait, wait. I do not like liberasts either but it would be fist good to know what they understand as "structural reforms"? if enabling SME potential or support in-house technology development, restricting outflow of capitals and inflow of speculative ones...then why not to support.

You can push billions of Euro in Russian economy with little effect is the way funds are used is cr@p...if structural reform means creation of mechanisms to boost SME/hi tech then I am for such reforms...

for Russian speakers (sorry no translation) Starikov vs liberasty Very Happy

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:46 pm

That is exactly what they keep pushing.  The liberals in Russia know that their time of rule is over, so they will be pushing ideas that will somewhat benefit Russia so they can gain some popularity back.  Kudrin, Gref, This CBR chick, etc are all pushing for making business easy in Russia and for SME's to strive in Russia and become the main GDP drive. But it isn't easy if they do not have the income for it and they wont be able to if CBR keeps rates too high.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:13 pm

"structural reform" is tired phrase I have heard since the late 1990s. It is a meaningless crock of propaganda sh*t.

1) The clowns who repeat this phrase ad nauseam essentially want the government to micromanage the economy. But
    they claim at the same time that they are believers in laissez-faire. Reform cannot mean in this case self-correcting
    evolution by the market.

2) The economic progress in Russia since 1999 has proven beyond any doubt that Russia does not need any government
    engineered reform. Be it structural or metaphysical. The Russian economy should be left alone and is being left alone
    in the right manner. It is proceeding to develop rather quickly by world standards (i.e. nobody can take any economic
    development for granted; consider Venezuela and Brazil).

3) It is time to stop the economic engineers at the CBR from damaging the Russian economy any further. They are the
    sole reason for the anemic banking sector in Russia. Banks can't grow without making loans and nobody will borrow at
    11% interest rates. Thus we had Russian companies borrowing abroad over most of the last 25 years and until 2014
    when NATO cut them off. Just as Russia needs food self-sufficiency it also badly needs financial self-sufficiency.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:15 am

sepheronx wrote:That is exactly what they keep pushing.  The liberals in Russia know that their time of rule is over, so they will be pushing ideas that will somewhat benefit Russia so they can gain some popularity back.  Kudrin, Gref, This CBR chick, etc are all pushing for making business easy in Russia and for SME's to strive in Russia and become the main GDP drive.  But it isn't easy if they do not have the income for it and they wont be able to if CBR keeps rates too high.

As long as CBR rate is too high for normal business targeted funding can help... like 750,000Rub no % loan that an be not reimbursed if you can keep 3 years your micro company open. Or cofinanciering small promising companies with products so you can work around. You need to report, coo financing growth of targetted companies using Renminbi denominated loans (5% commercial ...)

With commercially successful companies to grow rapidly you need money source. Thus creation of institutional capital makiet so pension funds, banks, investment funds can use money as lever to keep companies grow (of course to increase their own profit) - stock, securities of all kind. Ruble and yuan denominated in Russia) would help I guess.

The only thing afaik what is not on liberal agenda is ...capital flight restriction.. and this is what I do not like really.

sepheronx wrote: This CBR chick

lol! lol! lol!
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:35 am

kvs wrote:"structural reform" is tired phrase I have heard since the late 1990s.   It is a meaningless crock of propaganda sh*t.

1) The clowns who repeat this phrase ad nauseam essentially want the government to micromanage the economy.  But
    they claim at the same time that they are believers in laissez-faire.   Reform cannot mean in this case self-correcting
    evolution by the market.

2) The economic progress in Russia since 1999 has proven beyond any doubt that Russia does not need any government
    engineered reform.  Be it structural or metaphysical.   The Russian economy should be left alone and is being left alone
    in the right manner.  It is proceeding to develop rather quickly by world standards (i.e. nobody can take any economic
    development for granted; consider Venezuela and Brazil).  

3) It is time to stop the economic engineers at the CBR from damaging the Russian economy any further.  They are the
    sole reason for the anemic banking sector in Russia.   Banks can't grow without making loans and nobody will borrow at
    11% interest rates.   Thus we had Russian companies borrowing abroad over most of the last 25 years and until 2014
    when NATO cut them off.  Just as Russia needs food self-sufficiency it also badly needs financial self-sufficiency.  

I am not an economist to judge this just my 2 kopeks: for some reason Putin is keeping them. Not necessarily because of love to Nabiulina. Yes this rate is no good for economy as a whole. Before you pump more money in the question is to do you have efficient mechanisms to finance growth? me thinks not at the moment

a) Banking system is full of phony institutions where money flows to fraudsters or directly abroad.
    Nabiulina couple of years has been shutting down bank after bank...for some reason

b) Colonial structure of economy. mining, raw resources and commodities export... Virtually no branded consumer products (name 5 world know brands...), not many hi-tech form consumer niche, outdated machine park machine building is just restarted. And in th ecountry with hight level of math an scientific education Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

c) local govt mentality. affraid affraid affraid Hardest thing but must be overcome

d) corruption (next mechanism to rule colonies)

Pouring money into without efficient mechanisme will probably end up as with ones of economic development where funds ere put in banks because or ROI and lack of initiative/understanding of respectful local govts...

Due to my love and respect for attack attack attack Chubais sniper sniper sniper I will not mention Rosnano which were very much crappy way of investment.

Since Putin has just created council for strategic development... meant things are not just left without attention

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:22 am

New Restaurant opens in Russia and more jobs..
    But not sure if this is good.

@Seph pay attention to this...

Later people don't understand why there is so many 5th column in Russia.  Rolling Eyes
    Putin is is unaware how Americans win the hearts of Russians. --> With American Business.
    And McFaul was correct in showing Russians students how much better are American business
    for them. he knew well American advantages and Russia weakness.
    This is the source of all problems in Russia. with the west. That Russia does a really
    poor job in competition with American civilian business. So much that even a crappy McDonald
    restaurant that opens is a major event in Russia.  Lets keep promoting "healthy food". and Russian Borsch because thats what Russian ancestors liked to eat.  Meanwhile Young generations in Russia shows the middle finger to all those Russian traditions and welcome
    with open arms western fast food.

a comment posted in youtube , was made ,that really gets close to
    i what thought when watching the video.

pay attention @SEPH to yooutube comments.

Der Name einer Unbekannten9 hours ago
    OMFG Why??? So many thoughts, but can't find the right answer

Mike Alvarez7 hours ago
    Sameee

johal4255 hours ago
    Russia will become 51 US STATE!!!!!

Tipping Point8 hours ago
    I just lost all hope for Russia

Is no one in the kremlin paying attention to how Americans win the hearts of Russians,
    then it needs to be fired from his job and this include Putin. Because it is things like that ,
    what encourage Americans to continue seeking to finance revolutions in Russia ,to disrespect it , to not take Russia seriously ,since Americans business owns Russians citizens hearts ,and Russia old soviet ways of doing business not.  

This is a serious warning for Russia . a major wake up call.

And this doesn't means that Russia needs now to do a counter to mcDonalds.
    or start eating Genetic modified food , it only reveals how important should be for Russian government to create business with society in mind , that society will love to see. that will put Russia in the world map in business. In short Russia needs an industrial revolution with Russian people in mind .  Doing discounts in Gas and producing a lot of wheat is not going to help
    Russia to be taken seriously.

Im definitively convinced that is the soviet thinking of Putin and almost the entire
    government is was kills the Russian government influence in the world to be SO SO SO
    POOR. and mediocre.

watch this how western media criticize some Russia entertainment and attractions and the
    most depressive thing is they are right.

But lets see how mr Putin , invest money and try to influence the Russian society. Rolling Eyes

Putin's complains and bitch ,that no one in the west takes Russia seriously ,he is totally blind
    don't see what he is doing. That even a new McDonald opened becomes a major celebration
    event. and any theme park , is very likely that will have tanks.  lol1   This is total idiocy.
    and all what this really does is provoke jokes and disrespect or even sadness on people that support Russia ,because see Putin Policies at times totally disconnected with his own society
    needs.

Honestly i dont see any major improvement of Russia world image ,or economy as long Putin is in power. They totally discredited in Sports and in space taking the backseat when Americans start testing its rocket to mars.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:40 am

Vann7 wrote:New Restaurant opens in Russia and more jobs..
    But not sure if this is good.

@Seph pay attention to this...

Later people don't understand why there is so many 5th column in Russia.  Rolling Eyes
    Putin is is unaware how Americans win the hearts of Russians. --> With American Business.
    And McFaul was correct in showing Russians students how much better are American business
    for them. he knew well American advantages and Russia weakness.
    This is the source of all problems in Russia. with the west. That Russia does a really
    poor job in competition with American civilian business. So much that even a crappy McDonald
    restaurant that opens is a major event in Russia.  Lets keep promoting "healthy food". and Russian Borsch because thats what Russian ancestors liked to eat.  Meanwhile Young generations in Russia shows the middle finger to all those Russian traditions and welcome
    with open arms western fast food.

a comment posted in youtube , was made ,that really gets close to
    i what thought when watching the video.

pay attention @SEPH to yooutube comments.

Der Name einer Unbekannten9 hours ago
    OMFG Why??? So many thoughts, but can't find the right answer

Mike Alvarez7 hours ago
    Sameee

johal4255 hours ago
    Russia will become 51 US STATE!!!!!

Tipping Point8 hours ago
    I just lost all hope for Russia

Is no one in the kremlin paying attention to how Americans win the hearts of Russians,
    then it needs to be fired from his job and this include Putin. Because it is things like that ,
    what encourage Americans to continue seeking to finance revolutions in Russia ,to disrespect it , to not take Russia seriously ,since Americans business owns Russians citizens hearts ,and Russia old soviet ways of doing business not.  

This is a serious warning for Russia . a major wake up call.

And this doesn't means that Russia needs now to do a counter to mcDonalds.
    or start eating Genetic modified food , it only reveals how important should be for Russian government to create business with society in mind , that society will love to see. that will put Russia in the world map in business. In short Russia needs an industrial revolution with Russian people in mind .  Doing discounts in Gas and producing a lot of wheat is not going to help
    Russia to be taken seriously.

Im definitively convinced that is the soviet thinking of Putin and almost the entire
    government is was kills the Russian government influence in the world to be SO SO SO
    POOR. and mediocre.

watch this how western media criticize some Russia entertainment and attractions and the
    most depressive thing is they are right.

But lets see how mr Putin , invest money and try to influence the Russian society. Rolling Eyes

Putin's complains and bitch ,that no one in the west takes Russia seriously ,he is totally blind
    don't see what he is doing. That even a new McDonald opened becomes a major celebration
    event. and any theme park , is very likely that will have tanks.  lol1   This is total idiocy.
    and all what this really does is provoke jokes and disrespect or even sadness on people that support Russia ,because see Putin Policies at times totally disconnected with his own society
    needs.

Honestly i dont see any major improvement of Russia world image ,or economy as long Putin is in power. They totally discredited in Sports and in space taking the backseat when Americans start testing its rocket to mars.

Yup. thats why Russia should start a nuke war against the US while MAD is still in place before the American terrorists further outpace Russia. This is a really good deal since USA has more to lose than the Russians. russia
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:12 am

It's not up to Putin or Russian government to create these businesses and brands that can compete against Americans. Russian people themselves must do that.

The problem: There are no people like Steve Jobs in Russia. And people like Sergei Brin emigrate to America.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:It's not up to Putin or Russian government to create these businesses and brands that can compete against Americans. Russian people themselves must do that.

The problem: There are no people like Steve Jobs in Russia. And people like Sergei Brin emigrate to America.

1) It is NATzO sponsored 5th column liberasts that insist on "structural reforms", i.e. central planning.

2) Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, etc. are Yankee Wizard of Oz snake oil salesmen that have no cultural analogues in Russia
    and Russia does not need them. You are going to have to come up with objective metrics of economic development
    in Russia instead of your crappy "how many business celebrities there are". Reminds me of the old apologia for apartheid
    South Africa that invoked the existence of black millionaires.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:34 pm

There are the equals of Musk, Jobs etc in Russia.
    Antonov, Tupolev, Mikhoyan, Kalashnikov etc.
    Unfortunately Russia doesn't produce them anymore more and they should find a way to work this out.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:There are the equals of Musk, Jobs etc in Russia.
    Unfortunately Russia doesn't produce them anymore more and they should find a way to work this out.

You are just making that up based on nothing. Soviet general directors were Communist Party created
    celebrities. Attributing all innovation and skill to them alone is idiotic. Almaz-Antey is doing very well
    even if there is no celebrity for you to extoll. Sukhoi is also on a roll but where is its Elon Musk analogue?
    Since there is none that must mean, following your "logic", that there is no innovation and productivity.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:34 pm

kvs wrote:

You are just making that up based on nothing.  Soviet general directors were Communist Party created
    celebrities.   Attributing all innovation and skill to them alone is idiotic.   Almaz-Antey is doing very well
    even if there is no celebrity for you to extoll.   Sukhoi is also on a roll but where is its Elon Musk analogue?
    Since there is none that must mean, following your "logic", that there is no innovation and productivity.

Im sure Almaz Antey is doing Awesome ,SUkhoi even more , and i will say those companies are superior to any air defense company or COmbat jets in the west or entire world.Thats really good for Russia security and future sales.

The problem is however is the poor influence the civilian Business Russia government promotes ,vs the Business western countries and americans promote.

Putin said he wants Russia to be the #1 Exporter of healthy food.  alright AND?
    If money is the same ,Russians will still prefer to work in a Mcdonals with air conditioner over agriculture in the land doing hard work and getting dirty.  

Russia government needs to create an ideal environment for civilian business to proliferate,
    and business that Russians will truly celebrate to work or be part.  Because if Russia do not do it , their western partners will do it. and you will have Russian society , money being equal ,preferring to work in american business than Russian. This will only encourage Russian talent
    to leave to the west and seek a better opportunities in a more future looking nations. over a past looking one like Russia is.

So if Americans business wins the hearts of Russians ,in their own territory , then the kremlin is promoting American culture over the Russian one. Why not then , create a modern culture ,with modern business that will fight back the western influence?  

Being the #1 wheat exporter in the world and #1 healthy food exporters ,while is good for the economy is not going to help Russia to end its military confrontation with the west. Because Europeans will compare American business vs Russian ones and will see Russia is NOT an alternative to American Business at all. not even close.  So then Russia will have to waste a lot of money of Russia GDP on its military ,and in  nukes and tanks to counter its own poor influence with the west.  Now Findland wants to join NATO , for sure Americans told them , that if dont join , Findland business will be blocked from American and European ones and its allies like Japan. ie. blocked from the modern world. So this is how Russia create its economic problems , by refusing to compete with American modern Business . then Russia becomes ignored ,when Americans tell other countries to choose which side will join.

It looks like Putin believe that as long Russia economy is leading in agriculture (or selling energy to china) ,and make a lot of money ,that all will be good again. but thats not the case.  It will still have Americans provoking conflicts in many places that will force Russia to interfere ,
    and weaken its economy and those wars will create social unrest.this is not mentioning the possibility of a full scale world war too . this is all because Russia have done so poorly into influence its most powerful enemies into stop fighting Russia and instead become an ally or at very least earn their respect.     But creating tank parks , selling more wheat than anyone is not going to impress any one in the western most developed nations. it will only provoke Jokes
    and disrespect in Russia.

If Putin really wants to create a super economy , it needs to pay attention to business
    that will really influence its society ,even more than western business ,and it needs to leave the soviet glorious days behind and reinvent Russia into the new century ,into a totally new modern nation with modern. The pivot to Asia is not going to do much for Russia. BRICS a total failure.
    Russia cannot get away from its American problem ,until it does 2 things. he either fight Americans in a war and defeat them or he competes with American business and lead. There is no other way.  Reasons why Putin needs to look at Space ,and take it very very seriously ,even more than sports , and he will do even better if start creating an IT revolution in Russia , with
    a Russian internet to compete with the american one , and create Computers /processors that competes or defeat the western ones, and look very seriously at the entertainment industry too.
    All those things helps to create and promote a new culture and a new economy.

It is American popular business what helps Americans creates a world empire , at the same time
    Russia lack of popular business ,for society ,what makes Russia to have so poor influence in the world and allow itself to be isolated from the major economies in the west.

If Putin had any clue of how bad he is leading Russia economic development.
    he will reverse totally its priorities and policies. Made it easy for business to start in Russia.
    And promote the nation into the world as leader is something that really matter for consumer society.

Few example of awesome things will be if Russia.
    1)Began to create a major space revolution ,and aim to become the first and only
    space tourism nation in the world around earth or to orbit the moon. To dominate space
    traveling and do it with elegance with a space plane.
    2)Create a new Internet not controlled by Americans ,very cheap if not free , that will cover
    All Asia and Europe. an alternative to American internet.
    3)Create major competition for Microsoft and Intel /Amd. Become a leader in processors
    computer and graphics.
    4)Entertainment promote gaming industry. This is very popular today. And gaming industry
    today , helps also the music industry and the movie industry too. ie. Successful games ,promotes movies based on those games and musical artist too.
    5)Smartphones.. buy back Yotaphone 2 from CHina . that was really bad decision to allow
    it to leave.  Neutral
    6) and automobile industry.. to design a new sport car that will be sold worldwide. they allowed Marrussia to crash. and car with a lot of future Mad
    7)and the money Russia spend in financing soviet pensioners abroad ,to be used instead to modernize Russia Roads and transportation system and promote tourism. etc.

All this things are totally possible for Russia , Putin only needs to stop
    the waste of Russian people money in useless things.

250 billions dollars!!! will cost a second train to CHina.  No
    Imagine what kind of business or development Russia can do with such huge money?
    enough to build all Sochi olympics again ,in 5 other cities in RUssia.  No
    Then $10 billion Russia using to host FIFA 2018 ,could have been better used to
    create a new IT revolution with its new processors and OS that competes with Intel and microsoft.$52 billions in Sochi.. could have been better for Russia only spend half of that money
    in Sochi and the other half in space.

There is a lot of money Russia waste , like no other nation does. and Russia could have
    the influential economy it needs in the world ,to really counter Americans influence.
    if only it knew how important is to have business that can influence society in a very
    positive way.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 pm

kvs wrote:

You are just making that up based on nothing.  Soviet general directors were Communist Party created
    celebrities.   Attributing all innovation and skill to them alone is idiotic.   Almaz-Antey is doing very well
    even if there is no celebrity for you to extoll.   Sukhoi is also on a roll but where is its Elon Musk analogue?

Exactly.  While US companies rely on 1 man idols in order to create this image of a corporation, in Russia, they actually create it via a whole enterprise.  There isn't any one specific that is the celebrity of the company.  But the success of the companies (Rosatom as well) is due to the companies themselves and all its workers.  Not some 1 man that relies on social media image rather than actual technological progress.  Hence why Intel, GE and various others do not have such people either, and are very successful companies.  But when you look back to a lot of these celeb based companies (Musk, Google, etc) they all rely on heavy government hand outs.  As for Steve Jobs, he was nothing more than a crook and an asshole.  Bill gates was simply a crook. Tesla Powerwall? Panasonic did it first. Tesla car? No, even GE made an electric car before they did. First one was in the 20's or 30's. Iphone? Absolutely nothing. Hell, same with iPod or the likes. I had an HP iPaq that came before the ipod. The japs were first with a smartphone before apple iPhone. I know multiple companies, even Microsoft created a tablet way before Apple did. They just rely on gimmicks, bling and a BS name behind it. But if you look at their previous endeavors, they were flops. I used to do video and audio editing with the old G4's and as good as they were at that, they were shit in everything else. Marketing is the only thing they are good at and sad thing too since it became successful in what they peddle. My iPhone 3GS was total garbage and broke after 1 year. And the BS that apple does (paying for basic tech support, itunes, etc) you would think they would fail as a company. But there are enough retards that buy into it.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:43 pm

sepheronx wrote: Exactly.  While US companies rely on 1 man idols in order to create this image of a corporation, in Russia, they actually create it via a whole enterprise.  

Hmm there s nothing wrong with one man show like Virgin/Branson since in publicly traded companies name is important brand as well. In Russia it is not yet popular IMHO is simply becuase market way of financing is not demanding this yet...

sepheronx wrote: But when you look back to a lot of these celeb based companies (Musk, Google, etc) they all rely on heavy government hand outs.  

That´s exactly the way Russia can restart its hi-tech industry - let them improve prototypes as long as product is not good enough and order with govt money. Once product is in long series both company reference list and market credibility is huge.

sepheronx wrote:
    As for Steve Jobs, he was nothing more than a crook and an asshole.  Bill gates was simply a crook.

I earleir mentiojed Jobs as genius in makreting you named it differen twords but with the same meaning Laughing Laughing Laughing

sepheronx wrote:  And the BS that apple does (paying for basic tech support, itunes, etc) you would think they would fail as a company.  But there are enough retards that buy into it.

That is exactly what they cal marketing. Unfortunately Russia is way behind in this BS industry

Karl Haushofer wrote:It's not up to Putin or Russian government to create these businesses and brands that can compete against Americans. Russian people themselves must do that.

Jobs was Syrian and Brin a Jew so not really Americans either.  Brins family emigrated to Us after fall of USSR because Jewish diaspora was attracting well educated people there. Simple and no need to invent stories. Jobs was not a technical mind but genius in marketing.

This i snot Russians or Americans this is conditions you can start business and financing of growth. As is simple as that. Russia after Us based liberalst Vcolumn made constitution, dismantle USSR industry still suffers colonial structure economy.

Project Canada wrote:
    Yup. thats why Russia should start a nuke war against the US while MAD is still in place before the American terrorists further outpace Russia. This is a really good deal since USA has more to lose than the Russians. russia

then this is not  MAD but MADness respekt respekt respekt
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:03 am

Why Almaz/Antei Concern is so successful business?

Because the Russian Government helps the company and its its major client. The Kremlin
    needs to pick major areas of development for Russia economy to focus and help by investing
    money and making it easy for those business to start with easy pay loans and by helping organize those companies.  

Russia government and private business invest a Huge amount of money ,
    in Microsoft/Intel/Apple products.  I find it ridiculous , that Putin needs to wait for Europeans
    and Americans sanction to Russia in 2014 to start ,for Russia Government to take the decision
    to replace ,western most used technology and stop hiring American IT specialist. .This is something that had to be done a decade ago as soon putin came to power and not now. But even if they were so short sighted before ,there is no excuse to continue being so short sighted now ,and not jump with everything they have in the SemiCondutor/IT/software/entertainment industry industry. THe government could create special loans ,incentives to any Russian business that choose to move in that direction. Putin wants Russian billionaires to invest
    in agriculture. but what will Russia do when Europe lift the sanctions? it will have to open again
    the markets to western agriculture and lose all investments they done there. This is the reason
    why Russia needs to lead in business that very few can compete and not choose focus so much
    in the business that every nation can do.. like agriculture. That even though is neccessary to have , is not something Russia government should invest so much for being not a long term business.

For example those Baikal processors now Russia sponsoring ,needs to be done in Russia not in Taiwan , Americans could easily sabotage any semiconductor of Russia produced there by bribing employees in the company.  So Russia needs to create its own Semiconductor manufacturing company ,that will rival Taiwan. And just like Intel does ,manually tweak ,its silicon products and push for a 16nm process its Baikal processors.

Then later the Russian Government and its military become the major client ,but also promote
    products for private business too.  Russia needs to competes with Microsoft and Intel/amd.
    there is no reason why Russians does not have an Operating System ,more popular than
    the absolute gargabe that windows 8 and windows 10 is. or the apple OS ,another junk ,cluttered with advertising ,slow OS ,That everyone is forced to use because there is nothing else that competes.

Russia by ignoring Americans Microsoft ,Intel and Apple.
    Is allowing Americans to dominate the world in such a way ,that Russia becomes isolated in modern IT business. and As bonus Russia could develop Graphics processors that competes with
    Nvidia , this will allow Russia to have its technology in every Sony playstation produced. Shocked

Which will significantly help Russia to have a major partnership with Japan ,in the major league
    technology business.

But it doesn't look the kremlin neither Putin ,understand how they are destroying Russia
    influence in the world and with their attachment to the glorious soviet times. Russia needs to be another United States but done right. Without the wars , without the greed ,and a government that truly works to serve society and not themselves. Or at least being another Japan in business ,one that is complementary with them , will be more than Good enough for Russia to
    blocks Americans one world government and the isolation of Russia from the development world.
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:43 am

Russia Takes $6.2 Billion Bite Out of Banks to Soak Up Cash

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-27/russia-battles-ruble-buildup-with-first-reserve-hike-since-2013

In simple english what are they trying to say ?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:03 am

In the state Duma introduced a draft on the expansion objectives of the Bank of Russia

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160704/1457943800.html#ixzz4DQdRnEua

MOSCOW, 4 Jul — RIA Novosti. A bill to expand the purposes of the activities of the Bank of Russia through the assignment to them of facilitating economic growth and maximizing employment submitted to the state Duma Orel regional Council of people's deputies, from the database of the lower house of Parliament.

Under the current law on the Central Bank, to the order of Bank of Russia activities is the protection and stability of the ruble, the development and strengthening of the banking system, the stability and development of the national payment system, development and stability of the financial market of the Russian Federation.
    Regional legislators are paying attention that the existing objectives of the Bank of Russia primarily monetary, and the Bank is "the most important macroeconomic regulator". "In this regard, and taking into account the experience of some leading foreign countries, the objectives of the Bank of Russia it is expedient to expand the" sure they are.
    "Ensuring a high level of employment and reduction of poverty — one of the most important objectives of macroeconomic policies," say the developers. "And in the case that the social system of unemployment benefits is underdeveloped, the economy is deprived of the built-in stabilizers, that is, rising unemployment (e.g. in terms of combating inflation) leads first to a decrease in aggregate demand, and subsequently reduce the rate of economic growth," noted Orlov legislators.

Russia´s independence day?

Austin wrote:Russia Takes $6.2 Billion Bite Out of Banks to Soak Up Cash

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-27/russia-battles-ruble-buildup-with-first-reserve-hike-since-2013

In simple english what are they trying to say ?

dunno my English is close to pidgin Smile

Higher requirements will only add to the industry’s travails, according to Sberbank.
    “This decision will push the rates of credit higher, lower the banking sector’s profitability and capital adequacy,” it said in a statement.

this is funny as always from Gref,  in reality I believe this is about looming world wide recession due to partial collapse of US $ world (imagine what is the source of 2020 date in goszakaz?). Banks need to be capitalized to be able to cover max of credits in case of problems..unlike US who know FED will print more usd and Pentagon make more wars to let capital flow in.

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:03 am; edited 4 times in total
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:56 am

Vann7 wrote:Why Almaz/Antei Concern is so successful business?

like any other in the world...French you think why ar esuccessful or Westenr in genral?

Vann7 wrote:
    Russia government and private business invest a Huge amount of money ,
    in Microsoft/Intel/Apple products.  I find it ridiculous , that Putin needs to wait for Europeans
    and Americans sanction to Russia in 2014 to start ,for Russia Government to take the decision
    to replace ,western most used technology and stop hiring American IT specialist. .

IMHO Putin waited till open war against Russia started to do this, why?

Vann7 wrote:
    This is something that had to be done a decade ago as soon putin came to power and not now. But even if they were so short sighted before ,there is no excuse to continue being so short sighted now ,and not jump with everything they have in the SemiCondutor/IT/software/entertainment industry industry.

Because Russian military were to weak to do Syrian style campaign yet. Strategic Rocket divisions were too little rearmed. Speeding this decision might hit Russia even more then help to build successful economy.

Vann7 wrote:
    THe government could create special loans ,incentives to any Russian business that choose to move in that direction.  Putin wants Russian billionaires to invest in agriculture. but what will Russia do when Europe lift the sanctions? it will have to open again
    the markets to western agriculture and lose all investments they done there.

Dont think so, too much concerns with self sufficiency and economy diversification. Beside sin world where umebr of arable grounds decrease and people increase food is a strategic weapon. You can live without iPhone but not without bread...

Vann7 wrote:
    This is the reason
    why Russia needs to lead in business that very few can compete and not choose focus so much
    in the business that every nation can do.. like agriculture.  That even though is neccessary to have , is not something Russia government should invest so much for being not a long term business.

and you think what Russian DARPA is and Putin´s council of Strategic Development will be doing?

Vann7 wrote:
    there is no reason why Russians does not have an Operating System ,more popular than
    the absolute gargabe that windows 8 and windows 10 is. or the apple OS ,another junk ,cluttered with advertising ,slow OS ,That everyone is forced to use because there is nothing else that competes.

it is not about producing but to sell...nobody buys from Russia except China and eventually countrie sno twanting soft from West due to backdoors. Besides this already exists...or works are underway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_OS
    http://www.securitylab.ru/news/tags/%F0%EE%F1%F1%E8%E9%F1%EA%E0%FF+%CE%D1/

You need to populate OSwith myriads of applications ot make sense. Of course moving state administration and companies to freeware Linux base derivaties helps to stop the gap not to mention cost cutting.

Vann7 wrote:
    Which will significantly help Russia to have a major partnership with Japan ,in the major league
    technology business.

Japs are under US occupation like Germans or Italians. They will not do anything to harm US.

Vann7 wrote:
    But it doesn't look the kremlin neither Putin ,understand how they are destroying Russia

and you from sofa do? sounds not really convincing

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:47 pm

The Ministry of communications has accredited more than 6 thousand IT companies to receive benefits

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160705/1459146648.html#ixzz4DXsVaYB0

MOSCOW, 5 Jul — RIA Novosti/Prime. The Ministry of communications of the Russian Federation has granted state accreditation for more than 6 thousands of IT companies, which gives them the right to receive benefits, said the Ministry.
    Today for accredited IT-companies provides the following benefits: reduced rates of insurance contributions; the possibility of a simplified procedure to attract highly qualified foreign specialists; the right to include the cost of purchasing computers in the composition of material expenses in the total amount of such property as of its commissioning; preferential rate for tax on profit of organizations in Novosibirsk, Penza, Ulyanovsk and Chelyabinsk regions.

"Benefits as a system support for the IT industry are in high demand among Russian companies over the past few years... One of the most important priorities that we outlined several years ago is the extension of benefits on insurance contributions for IT companies. In accordance with the presidential order, the Ministry is preparing the necessary amendments", — are reported words of the head of the Ministry of communications Nikolay Nikiforov.
    In accordance with the current legislation of the preferential rate of insurance contributions for IT companies is valid until 31 December 2017. According to him, preferential rate of insurance contributions for Russian IT companies, which were accredited by the Ministry of communications, is 14% (the standard insurance premium for everyone else — 30%). It was planned that from 2018, the rate for IT-companies will rise to 21%, 2019 — 28%, and from 1 January 2020 to 30%.
    The Ministry of communications of the Russian Federation had previously sent the government a proposal to extend the current exemptions until 2023 with a transition period up to 2025 inclusive. In late may, the President gave corresponding instructions on extending benefits.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160705/1459146648.html#ixzz4DXshW3pS
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Tours to Turkey are once again market leaders in Russia

Three days after the ban on selling tours to Turkey was rescinded, the country has recovered its leading position of destinations among Russians. In recent days up to 35 percent of Russian travel agencies’ turnover has involved travel to Turkey, according to the Kommersant business daily.

Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 37 Turkey_graph_big

On June 30, 2016 the Russian government removed its restrictions on visiting Turkey for Russian tourists.

"The number of tours and interest in them skyrocketed immediately on the evening of that day," the analytical department at Yandex.Travel, a popular Russian tour reservation service, told RBTH.

According to the press office of the Russian air ticket search engine Aviasales.ru, a week after the removal of the moratorium the quantity of demand on tickets to Turkey increased by 40 percent in relation to the previous week. Analysts say that interest in Turkey has also begun to grow rapidly among independent travelers.

Market players believe that the interest in Turkey should not have an effect on the demand of other popular destinations. Ekaterina Bezhanova, the director of strategic development at Online Tours, says that this is explained by the fact that the three million tourists that travelled to Turkey in 2015 were not able to find an alternative this year.

“Only some of them travelled in Russia or bought tours to Cyprus, Greece, Spain and other countries," Bezhanova said.

Bezhanova says that before the ban was lifted a large number of tourists, lacking an alternative, just decided to stay home. Now, she thinks they are ready to change their summer plans.

Before the ban on selling tours to Turkey, which the Russian government introduced in November 2015, the country had been the leader among Russian summer tourist destinations. In May 2016 the Turkish government recorded a 10-fold decrease in tourists from Russia due to the restrictions.

http://rbth.com/business/2016/07/06/tours-to-turkey-are-once-again-market-leaders-in-russia_609209?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:18 am