Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #4

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:38 pm

    Is Siberia not considered part of Asia Russia. If they dont add in Siberia, then that explains it. Far east will be either natural resource, farming, and shipping based. Yet they managed to get automanufacturing their.

    The future for those regions imo are internet based. Software developing. Either that or continue what they are doing.....
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2891
    Points : 3046
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Cyberspec Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:42 pm

    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Asian Russia can offer neither a large market nor low-cost labour to the Asian countries.
    Natural resources are the main reason for them to invest in this part of Russia and it would be very hard to change that.

    It's a bit strange to just look at Far Eastern Russia in isolation....they would have the whole Russian market at their disposal

    sepheronx wrote:And then I posted the article afterwards how a French clothing company hired a siberian textile plant to make their line of clothing? Well, let us add to that and how Media plays a lot of BS sensationalism:

    Large clothing manufacturers are starting to carry orders from China to Russian factories.


    That's good news.

    And yes, there seems to be plenty of ignoramuses (who actually believe they're smart) posting a lot of crap on Russian forums and blogs
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7618
    Points : 8015
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Austin Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:24 am

    Russia's budget deficit will amount to 3.7 percent of GDP

    Amendments to the budget of 2015 suggest a deficit of 2.68 trillion rubles, or 3.7 percent of GDP. Such data are contained in the draft amendments to the State Duma, reports Tass . Revenues for the new version will amount to 12.54 trillion rubles, expenses - 15.22 trillion.

    The previous version of the implied slightly higher deficit. This is due to the growth of revenues, which, according to a new assessment will be 85 billion rubles.

    Oil and gas revenues for the new version will amount to 5.69 trillion rubles, and non-oil - about 6.85 trillion rubles. The net attraction of domestic loans in 2015 will amount to 180 billion rubles. Will be attracted 1.08 trillion and 820 billion rubles - extinguished.

    Expenditure Reserve Fund, according to the updated draft amendments constitute 3.074 trillion rubles to 3.67 trillion rubles in the previous version. The fund by the end of 2015 is now estimated at 2,629 trillion rubles against 1.677 trillion rubles earlier.
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7618
    Points : 8015
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Austin Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:27 am

    Kudrin called for raising taxes or the retirement age

    Russia's economy must choose between raising the retirement age and increase taxes. This was stated by former Finance Minister, head of the Committee of Civil Initiatives Alexei Kudrin, reports Tass .

    "If we do not raise the retirement age, you will inevitably be faced with higher taxes" - he said. Kudrin said that Russia entered the unfavorable period: the number of working-age population is reduced, fewer taxpayers and retirees - more.

    "It follows a number of serious findings that are associated with the pension system and the health care system and social security, as all they will experience serious difficulties and create new risks for the Russian economy," - said the former head of the Ministry of Finance.

    He added that it is extremely important to maintain the incentive of the population to pension savings. Rejection of the funded system - "shot itself in the foot," he said. Kudrin said that all the new economic model of the Russian Federation was based on investment growth. Now, with the closure of foreign markets, pension funds are an important investment resources.

    Earlier, on March 4, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that the government is not going to introduce new taxes or raise existing ones.

    January 29 Minister of Economic Development Alexei Ulyukayev said that he considered it possible to return to a discussion about raising the retirement age. Later, Russian President Vladimir Putin proposed to study the matter in question. Now Russian women can retire at 55 years, men - 60.
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7618
    Points : 8015
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Austin Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:39 am

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Russia10
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:49 pm

    Austin wrote:Kudrin called for raising taxes or the retirement age

    Russia's economy must choose between raising the retirement age and increase taxes. This was stated by former Finance Minister, head of the Committee of Civil Initiatives Alexei Kudrin, reports Tass .

    "If we do not raise the retirement age, you will inevitably be faced with higher taxes" - he said. Kudrin said that Russia entered the unfavorable period: the number of working-age population is reduced, fewer taxpayers and retirees - more.

    "It follows a number of serious findings that are associated with the pension system and the health care system and social security, as all they will experience serious difficulties and create new risks for the Russian economy," - said the former head of the Ministry of Finance.

    He added that it is extremely important to maintain the incentive of the population to pension savings. Rejection of the funded system - "shot itself in the foot," he said. Kudrin said that all the new economic model of the Russian Federation was based on investment growth. Now, with the closure of foreign markets, pension funds are an important investment resources.

    Earlier, on March 4, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that the government is not going to introduce new taxes or raise existing ones.

    January 29 Minister of Economic Development Alexei Ulyukayev said that he considered it possible to return to a discussion about raising the retirement age. Later, Russian President Vladimir Putin proposed to study the matter in question. Now Russian women can retire at 55 years, men - 60.

    So make it 65 (soon to be 67) like in Canada. The flat tax rate of 14% is very low, especially for a country that has public medical care, subsidized education and other such public support.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 pm

    Austin wrote:Russia's budget deficit will amount to 3.7 percent of GDP

    Amendments to the budget of 2015 suggest a deficit of 2.68 trillion rubles, or 3.7 percent of GDP. Such data are contained in the draft amendments to the State Duma, reports Tass . Revenues for the new version will amount to 12.54 trillion rubles, expenses - 15.22 trillion.

    The previous version of the implied slightly higher deficit. This is due to the growth of revenues, which, according to a new assessment will be 85 billion rubles.

    Oil and gas revenues for the new version will amount to 5.69 trillion rubles, and non-oil - about 6.85 trillion rubles. The net attraction of domestic loans in 2015 will amount to 180 billion rubles. Will be attracted 1.08 trillion and 820 billion rubles - extinguished.

    Expenditure Reserve Fund, according to the updated draft amendments constitute 3.074 trillion rubles to 3.67 trillion rubles in the previous version. The fund by the end of 2015 is now estimated at 2,629 trillion rubles against 1.677 trillion rubles earlier.

    This will change as the year goes on (they should do more calculations near end of year) as trade balance adjustment. I imagine Russia will still end up with a decent surplus and just bank that money while still holding debt.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:11 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia's budget deficit will amount to 3.7 percent of GDP

    Amendments to the budget of 2015 suggest a deficit of 2.68 trillion rubles, or 3.7 percent of GDP. Such data are contained in the draft amendments to the State Duma, reports Tass . Revenues for the new version will amount to 12.54 trillion rubles, expenses - 15.22 trillion.

    The previous version of the implied slightly higher deficit. This is due to the growth of revenues, which, according to a new assessment will be 85 billion rubles.

    Oil and gas revenues for the new version will amount to 5.69 trillion rubles, and non-oil - about 6.85 trillion rubles. The net attraction of domestic loans in 2015 will amount to 180 billion rubles. Will be attracted 1.08 trillion and 820 billion rubles - extinguished.

    Expenditure Reserve Fund, according to the updated draft amendments constitute 3.074 trillion rubles to 3.67 trillion rubles in the previous version. The fund by the end of 2015 is now estimated at 2,629 trillion rubles against 1.677 trillion rubles earlier.

    This will change as the year goes on (they should do more calculations near end of year) as trade balance adjustment. I imagine Russia will still end up with a decent surplus and just bank that money while still holding debt.

    In other news, whats your thoughts about Russia being kicked out of SWIFT, only for Russia to be brought on to the board of SWIFT? To me this reduced me to tears and hysterical laughter... lol1 lol1 lol1

    Russia gets seat on SWIFT board

    ...Merkel and Obama just got served a massive piece of humble pie...Russia just got significantly more influential in European finance lol!
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9930
    Points : 10075
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  kvs Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:13 am

    Austin wrote:Russia's budget deficit will amount to 3.7 percent of GDP

    Amendments to the budget of 2015 suggest a deficit of 2.68 trillion rubles, or 3.7 percent of GDP. Such data are contained in the draft amendments to the State Duma, reports Tass . Revenues for the new version will amount to 12.54 trillion rubles, expenses - 15.22 trillion.

    The previous version of the implied slightly higher deficit. This is due to the growth of revenues, which, according to a new assessment will be 85 billion rubles.

    Oil and gas revenues for the new version will amount to 5.69 trillion rubles, and non-oil - about 6.85 trillion rubles. The net attraction of domestic loans in 2015 will amount to 180 billion rubles. Will be attracted 1.08 trillion and 820 billion rubles - extinguished.

    Expenditure Reserve Fund, according to the updated draft amendments constitute 3.074 trillion rubles to 3.67 trillion rubles in the previous version. The fund by the end of 2015 is now estimated at 2,629 trillion rubles against 1.677 trillion rubles earlier.

    3.7% is $44.7 billion. Russia is paying $65 billion less in terms of foreign loan interest and principal payments in 2015.

    The shortfall is 2.68/12.54 or 21.4%.

    Compare with Canada's deficits:

    http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/canada-deficit/

    The shortfall in 2009 was 55.6/218.6 or 25.4%.

    I don't recall the "end is nigh" BS coverage of Canada in 2009 or 2010.

    The more relevant information is the inflation rate. It is back to its early 2014 levels, before the sanctions and oil price drop.

    http://www.gks.ru/bgd/free/B04_03/IssWWW.exe/Stg/d05/49ozen18.htm

    For the latest week it is still holding at 0.2%. This is for three weeks in a row now.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9930
    Points : 10075
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  kvs Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:17 am

    sepheronx wrote:

    This will change as the year goes on (they should do more calculations near end of year) as trade balance adjustment. I imagine Russia will still end up with a decent surplus and just bank that money while still holding debt.

    Your point is key. The shock is at its peak now. It will ameliorate since the economy has many adjustment processes and is
    not some clockwork mechanism which fails because a cog breaks.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1883
    Points : 2030
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  TheArmenian Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:01 pm

    Economic ministry: Only General Motors to leave Russian market



    Earlier on Wednesday, GM said it halts industrial assembly at its car plant in the city of St. Petersburg and will fully shut it down at the end of June wrote:

    http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_Economic_ministry_Only_General_Motors_to_leave_Russian_market/0/%7BD736E59C-DA0F-4ACA-8B55-8F1142C5497F%7D.uif

    Putin’s spokesman: GM to lose Russian market when it soars



    General Motors (GM), which plans to leave Russia, will lose the market by the time when it recovers, Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for President Vladimir Putin, told reporters Thursday. wrote:

    http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_Putins_spokesman_GM_to_lose_Russian_market_when_it_soars/0/%7BE811EB07-6BFF-4793-BC45-3CC92B412158%7D.uif

    I laughed so hard.

    Where is Flayming Python.?
    Do you remember we had this discussion  a few weeks ago?
    Hurting the US auto automakers without applying sanctions!!!

    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2427
    Points : 2411
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Regular Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:06 pm

    GM Opel sales were very low in Russia rven if last year people went crazy and started buying foreign cars when ruble went down. GM will be in Russia anyways making Chevrolet Niva and other crap.
    This year on september Lada will be presenting new family of cars. Lada Vesta. It looks promising, finally propet C segment car as I always whined that Russians are ignoring this market. They are working on sporty engine too. So this year there will be cooldown in foreign carsales so Lada is comming right on time.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:10 pm

    After they and ford leaves, start changing auto and mortgage loan structures to allow auto dealers to give at their rates (ehich are always deflated) as well increase recycling program, so it gets more autosale potential and both ford and gm will see their losses.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:12 pm

    Regular wrote:GM Opel sales were very low in Russia rven if last year people went crazy and started buying foreign cars when ruble went down. GM will be in Russia anyways making Chevrolet Niva and other crap.
    This year on september Lada will be presenting new family of cars. Lada Vesta. It looks promising, finally propet C segment car as I always whined that Russians are ignoring this market. They are working on sporty engine too. So this year there will be cooldown in foreign carsales so Lada is comming right on time.

    Any links on the new engine? Would like to know more.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russia's budget deficit will amount to 3.7 percent of GDP

    Amendments to the budget of 2015 suggest a deficit of 2.68 trillion rubles, or 3.7 percent of GDP. Such data are contained in the draft amendments to the State Duma, reports Tass . Revenues for the new version will amount to 12.54 trillion rubles, expenses - 15.22 trillion.

    The previous version of the implied slightly higher deficit. This is due to the growth of revenues, which, according to a new assessment will be 85 billion rubles.

    Oil and gas revenues for the new version will amount to 5.69 trillion rubles, and non-oil - about 6.85 trillion rubles. The net attraction of domestic loans in 2015 will amount to 180 billion rubles. Will be attracted 1.08 trillion and 820 billion rubles - extinguished.

    Expenditure Reserve Fund, according to the updated draft amendments constitute 3.074 trillion rubles to 3.67 trillion rubles in the previous version. The fund by the end of 2015 is now estimated at 2,629 trillion rubles against 1.677 trillion rubles earlier.

    This will change as the year goes on (they should do more calculations near end of year) as trade balance adjustment. I imagine Russia will still end up with a decent surplus and just bank that money while still holding debt.

    In other news, whats your thoughts about Russia being kicked out of SWIFT, only for Russia to be brought on to the board of SWIFT? To me this reduced me to tears and hysterical laughter... lol1 lol1 lol1

    Russia gets seat on SWIFT board

    ...Merkel and Obama just got served a massive piece of humble pie...Russia just got significantly more influential in European finance lol!

    So no one cares about this monumental piece of news lol?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9930
    Points : 10075
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  kvs Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 pm

    Russia and China should develop a SWIFT alternative. This seat is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to try and stop an
    alternative transaction process from being active.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1370
    Points : 1382
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 pm

    Agree.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 pm

    kvs wrote:Russia and China should develop a SWIFT alternative.   This seat is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to try and stop an
    alternative transaction process from being active.

    No 'should' it's 'already' in the process of creating an alternative SWIFT with China. I agree with what your saying, but I think you missed my point here. My main point that I was making was that despite claims from Western leaders about Russian participation of SWIFT, that they will unilaterally 'kick' Russia out, in reality they were forced to admit Russia is a vital and crucial part of the EU financial sector. Russia went from having less power in SWIFT, to being kicked out, then brought back with more power and even being on the board of SWIFT.

    To put this in perspective: it's the financial equivalent of the Debaltsevo 'Cauldron', one of the biggest pieces of 'humble pie' fell in the lap of the EU financial leaders. When Russia threatened to unilaterally cut ties with the SWIFT, SWIFT was forced to bring Russia back and even give them a chair on the board. The EU just 'shitted' on themsevles...they basically admitted that if Russian banks stop doing business in the EU, it would cause untold havoc of the EU financial sector... lol1 lol1 lol1
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1370
    Points : 1382
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 am

    I don't bite this sudden love mentality. European elites invested too much in the current status quo to let it sleep so easily.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9930
    Points : 10075
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  kvs Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 am

    http://trueeconomics.blogspot.ca/2015/03/18315-russian-deposits-dollarisation.html

    In 2014, Russian residents directly withdrew USD28.6 billion in forex from the banks. A large figure, but significantly less than in 2008 when this figure stood at USD51.4 billion. Over 2014, Russian banking system lost, in total, USD40 billion of forex to cash conversions and deposits withdrawals - all of which was registered as capital outflow from Russia.

    So $40 billion of the "capital flight" from Russian in 2014 wasn't even actual capital flight. Add to this the fact that a huge chunk
    of the rest of the capital flight was Russian companies engaging in their usual offshore transaction activity, and then there is
    nothing to talk about.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4890
    Points : 4992
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Vann7 Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 am



    New contract with China for Natural Gas .. of another 30 Billions cubic meters per year..
    possibly will be signed in may victory parade.

    the 5th column media.. i know.. but lazy to seek the same info from a different source.

    http://rbth.com/business/2015/03/19/new_gas_contract_with_china_could_be_signed_on_may_9_44605.html


    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  sepheronx Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:38 am

    That would be what, 4 agreements then? Wow. China will really go for it all. Can't say I blame them.
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7618
    Points : 8015
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Austin Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:58 am

    kvs wrote:http://trueeconomics.blogspot.ca/2015/03/18315-russian-deposits-dollarisation.html

    In 2014, Russian residents directly withdrew USD28.6 billion in forex from the banks. A large figure, but significantly less than in 2008 when this figure stood at USD51.4 billion. Over 2014, Russian banking system lost, in total, USD40 billion of forex to cash conversions and deposits withdrawals - all of which was registered as capital outflow from Russia.

    So $40 billion of the "capital flight" from Russian in 2014 wasn't even actual capital flight.   Add to this the fact that a huge chunk
    of the rest of the capital flight was Russian companies engaging in their usual offshore transaction activity, and then there is
    nothing to talk about.  

    IF they stop capital account convertibility they can stop Russian Resident buying USD or Euro beyond what is absolutely needed like how we have in India. , We just cannot go and buy USD for Rupee beyond few thousand USD and that too we need to provide proof like if you are travelling you need to show Visa/Ticket or if you plan to study abroad then appropriate proof to banks who then give you USD on case by case basis.

    This stupidity of Russian citizin buing USD/Euro by just selling Rouble would hurt russia badly even in good times forget about bad times as they are facing now.

    No country in BRICS or many countries have such facility barring West where they just need to print those USD/Euro
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7618
    Points : 8015
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Austin Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:00 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    New contract with China for Natural Gas .. of another 30 Billions cubic meters per year..
    possibly will be signed in may victory parade.

    the 5th column media.. i know.. but lazy to seek the same info from a different source.

    http://rbth.com/business/2015/03/19/new_gas_contract_with_china_could_be_signed_on_may_9_44605.html



    Russia needs to sell its Energy products to China in RMB in return for greater share of its energy market.

    Then convert those RMB to USD/Euro or Gold or keep it RMB depending in its need.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5814
    Points : 6449
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 40
    Location : Croatia

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Viktor Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:31 pm

    Currency union accelerated by approx. 10 years .... Very Happy


    Putin proposes currency union with Belarus, Kazakhstan

    Sponsored content

    Russian Economy General News: #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:24 am