Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
KoTeMoRe
Airbornewolf
T-47
nomadski
lulldapull
Azi
Walther von Oldenburg
Austin
Aristide
BlackArrow
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Admin
gaurav
Givi
Neutrality
Nikander
Cheetah
fredleander
Manov
lycantrop
TheArmenian
onwiththewar
mnztr
par far
calm
miketheterrible
auslander
Hannibal Barca
Odin of Ossetia
MechanizedOne
Kimppis
0nillie0
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Airman
zorobabel
Mindstorm
Vann7
ZoA
LaVictoireEstLaVie
Godric
ult
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
starman
Isos
archangelski
SeigSoloyvov
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
d_taddei2
BKP
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
Karbafoz
eehnie
franco
crod
AlfaT8
ATLASCUB
medo
69 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:57 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Militarov wrote:So i sort of god job offer from private company to work in Syria as technical advisor, and not only me but like 10 or 12 ppl that served with me, some of which are technicians for radar equipment. What is interesting is how they got information where we served, as those informations are posessed only by Serbian MoD to my knowledge. Company seems to be based in Russia, guy that contacted us spoke English with non-Russian accent, which i cant really figure out, could be Kazakh or similar.

Are you going to take it?

I dont think so to be honest i dont feel like dying for few more years if possible. He never mentioned money in question to me, but he offered one of the radar technicians 4.000 USD a month, free transport and bonuses according to repair schedule i guess.

Considering my service i would be in unit somewhere teaching probably.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:58 am

Regular wrote:
    Militarov wrote:So i sort of god job offer from private company to work in Syria as technical advisor, and not only me but like 10 or 12 ppl that served with me, some of which are technicians for radar equipment. What is interesting is how they got information where we served, as those informations are posessed only by Serbian MoD to my knowledge. Company seems to be based in Russia, guy that contacted us spoke English with non-Russian accent, which i cant really figure out, could be Kazakh or similar.

Very interesting,
    That's some VICE material about "ebil Serbians fighting for Putin"
    Thanks for sharing.

That crossed my mind actually, it could be fake job offer, they record you and whoala tomorrow you are on VICE or CNN.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 am

The US apparently used AC-130, so Russia could not have cared about these guys as a moderately sophisticated SAM will take down AC-130. I read that Wagner gets 25% of the profits from any oilfields they retake. But without air cover attacking US supported terrorists is a non starter. Suicide really.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 pm

mnztr wrote:The US apparently used AC-130, so Russia could not have cared about these guys as a moderately sophisticated SAM will take down AC-130. I read that Wagner gets 25% of the profits from any oilfields they retake. But without air cover attacking US supported terrorists is a non starter. Suicide really.

AC-130? Care to quote a reputable source, cuz if not, pls just sod off with stupid BS.
    0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    mnztr wrote:The US apparently used AC-130, so Russia could not have cared about these guys as a moderately sophisticated SAM will take down AC-130. I read that Wagner gets 25% of the profits from any oilfields they retake. But without air cover attacking US supported terrorists is a non starter. Suicide really.

AC-130?  Care to quote a reputable source, cuz if not, pls just sod off with stupid BS.

Most sources seem to quote Dana W. White's press conference, but she herself only said that a combination of artillery and airpower was used. She never says anything specific about what type of airplane if i recall correctly.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm

If I'm not mistaken the chief US officer in Syria AO listed what was used in the attack and it listed the AC-130 as one of the assets involved.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Interesting picture, the man and his RuSF guards. Look what's in the background!

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 DWZ6qHOW4AAQ6YW
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm

JohninMK wrote:Interesting picture, the man and his RuSF guards. Look what's in the background!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWZ6qHOW4AAQ6YW.jpg

An-72? Am I missing something? Neutral
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Interesting picture, the man and his RuSF guards. Look what's in the background!

Clue answered and no, but what is it doing there and where are they I wonder?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Clue answered and no, but what is it doing there and where are they I wonder?

One is in Syria to do liaison flight for the military. Obviously there was a meeting of the minds and this was their transportation.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:

AC-130?  Care to quote a reputable source, cuz if not, pls just sod off with stupid BS.

This is all I have seen on the subject i.e. not much, nothing official.

Lucas Tomlinson‏Verified account @LucasFoxNews

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.

Ivan Sidorenko Retweeted
    Charles Lister
    ‏Verified account @Charles_Lister
    Feb 8

Wow.

U.S. response to pro-regime pre-meditated attack in Deir ez Zour lasted 3hrs & included use of:

- AC-130 gunships
    - F-15s
    - F-22s
    - Apache helicopter gunships
    - Marine Corps artillery

= 100+ enemy killed.

[via @LucasFoxNews]

And thanks Franco
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.

Ivan Sidorenko Retweeted
    Charles Lister
    Feb 8

Wow.

U.S. response to pro-regime pre-meditated attack in Deir ez Zour lasted 3hrs & included use of:

- AC-130 gunships
    - F-15s
    - F-22s
    - Marine Corps artillery

= 100+ enemy killed.

[via @LucasFoxNews]

And thanks Franco

OMG... wow... 3 hours!!!  OMG 100 Russian soldiers.. oh not wait it was 600!!! says this news paper..
    Omg wow with F22 .. omg..  OMG and for sure there was also F-35 planes..
    and Trump plane too was flying supervising everything.  Laughing

For me is hard to understand why people in this forum..including old members falls so easily
    for Pentagon/NATO propaganda.. and so NAIVE by the things the anti Assad coalition claims..
    The Syrian army claims it lost 22 military supporters... somewhere it was said.. i mean.. the same people
    that claims assad used Chemical weapons many times on civilians withing 5 minutes of Damascus parliament
    building ,are saying the killed at least 100 RUssians/Syrian army in Syria and  Russia did nothing not
    even a protest for it.  I knew Putin lack of leadership ,but something like this will be incredible to believe ,
    total treason ,that Russia not even tried to stop the attack with its airforce.. Rolling Eyes

SImple questions like..
    What if is they only inflating the numbers to humiliate Russia more? maybe?  Neutral
    How did the Pentagon did the Body count?   Neutral or how could they identify from distance the Russians..
    if the attack was a night ?  what is ? that american artillery can detect the DNA too of the targets
    it hit ? mmm   Neutral   And How did Russia did not protested at all of the attack.. no warnings.. no planes
    to cover Syrian army ,, in 3 hours ??? are you kidding ?  for me ,it looks more like They just took a relative
    small incident ,between SDF and PRO syrian military and used drones to help ..and then the west inflated the
    whole thing to 100 ,300 ,600 Russian soldiers/Syrian army to try to create the biggest possible impact ,on
    Russian society and damage Putin image about his Syrian operations. maybe im too smart perhaps? Or people
    are really that disconnected from reality?    Meanwhile Israel military is claiming they destroyed 50% of SYrian
    airdefenses with just 5 planes and a couple of dozen of bombs.. just imagine that.. in just few hours they eclipse
    their performance in 7 years of them invading Syria.  Rolling Eyes

by the way the F-22 story is 100% fake... Unless they wanted it to get it shot down.. Because sending an F-22
    to a zone for 3 hours ?!!! ,that they will provoke Russia into a retaliation to their airforce ,for the bombing.. is not a wise thing but the dumbest one. US military protect a lot their image of Superpower and invulnerability to scare
    other nations almost as much as Israel do it..  Laughing  ,and a major humiliation as it was the F-16 shot down ,could mean many generals in Pentagon to lose their job for an a totally not needed situation  ,if an F-22 and F-35 is shot down in Syria. When they could have done the same job with previous generation planes.. You only use stealth planes ,when the airspace is blocked to you... but Syria ,neither Russia is blocking Americans from Flying over Syria and that
    is the FUCKING POINT. imagine that.. Carpet bombing with a HUGE TARGET like an AC-130  and Syrian troops with thousands of igla manpads did not used it..  Laughing  and no single video or photo released of those 100/300/600
    Russian soldiers..abandoned by Putin...  amazing.. wow!   Is not wonder why western mainstream media can still
    operate today.. Society is fool of LAZY fat dumb people that is in automatic mode always ,and repeat what they hear in the media and never thinks or evaluate if the information they get is real or not.   No

Stealth planes are supposed to be used in surprise attacks.. for penetrating enemy strong defenses.. hit and run.. and not stay for 3 hours flying over the same zone ,allowing enemies to continue trying to shot it down.. This makes no sense at all.. and neither the AC -130 story. carpet bombing ? did the Syrian army ,did not take cover or spread or take cover in 3 hours ? jezzzz.. society have no hope .. it seems.. Laughing

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

Ivan Sidorenko Retweeted
    Charles Lister
    Feb 8

Wow.

- AC-130 gunships
    - F-15s
    - F-22s
    - Marine Corps artillery

= 100+ enemy killed.

[via @LucasFoxNews]

And thanks Franco

No problem however Fox News and Charles Lister as sources Suspect

Colonel Cassad had written ~40 tribal fighters, 15 SAA, 20 ISIS Hunters and 5 PMC for alternate figures.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:24 pm

franco wrote:

- AC-130 gunships
    - F-15s
    - F-22s
    - Marine Corps artillery

= 100+ enemy killed.

[via @LucasFoxNews][/i]

And thanks Franco

No problem however Fox News and Charles Lister as sources Suspect

Colonel Cassad had written ~40 tribal fighters, 15 SAA, 20 ISIS Hunters and 5 PMC for alternate figures.  [/quote]

The entire 100+Russian soldiers/SYrian soldiers massacre by NATO propaganda ,promoted in every major western media outlet in the west , and with some versions saying 300 to 600!! killed.. Fabricated only to humiliate Russia Military image in the world and Putin leadership.. will have a major blowback on the west... Because now Russia
    can use this very same propaganda or parts of it.. To justify the shot down of US coalition planes . If US try to do the same thing again.. Russia military ,Syria military or IRAN will have a major pretext to shot
    down any plane in Syria now ,attacking them. This means that Public Opinion will be on Russia /Syria favor..
    it was self defense.. Cool

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Vann7 wrote:.......... Because now Russiacan use this very same propaganda or parts of it.. [u] [b]  [i] To justify the shot down of US coalition planes ......

Seriously? No

Ever heard of this concept called 'reality'?
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:.......... Because now Russia can use this very same propaganda or parts of it..   To justify the shot down of US coalition planes  ......

Seriously? No

Israeli aircrafts do not count as US coalition planes?

The Russian/Syrian Joint Air Defense Command did not it just after the attack?

Post  Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am

eehnie wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:.......... Because now Russia can use this very same propaganda or parts of it..   To justify the shot down of US coalition planes  ......

Seriously? No

Israeli aircrafts do not count as US coalition planes?

The Russian/Syrian Joint Air Defense Command did not it just after the attack?

Israel is not part of Coalitions operation.
    onwiththewar
    onwiththewar

Post  onwiththewar Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:45 pm

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (google translate):

As already noted, in Syria are Russian citizens who went there on their own and with different goals. It is not for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to assess the legality and legality of such decisions.

At the same time, considering that we are talking about Russian citizens living abroad, we would like to note the following. In the course of the recent military clash, in which the servicemen of the Russian Federation did not participate in any way and the technical means were not used, there are dead citizens of Russia and the CIS countries, as already mentioned, there are also several dozens wounded. They were assisted to return to Russia where, to our knowledge, they are undergoing treatment in various medical institutions.

http://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/3086874

Several dozens wounded matches with the story where there were 14 who lost their lives.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

onwiththewar wrote:The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (google translate):
    http://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/3086874

Several dozens wounded matches with the story where there were 14 who lost their lives.

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot. Or at least pick up the phone before doing something stupid on your own next time.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Breaking news!!...New Reports that Russia military base was attacked..

Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation,came under attack

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201802201061845953-syria-russian-center-militant-attack/

The heat intensify.. the question is from where the attack came this time ?  Is not hard to imagine
    from where the intelligence and the GPS coordinates came.

-------------------------------------------

On the other news..
    From Syrian perspective website linked an article by sources who tells everything what the military of Syria
    knows about the Israeli attack on Syria.. ZIAD who have been reporting since 2011 about Syrian conflict.
    and apparently his son ,is editor at ALMASDAR,.news.. posted this on his website..

Another fabulous article sent by John Esq.
    regarding the details of the encounter with the Zionist F-16:

A long and overdue report regarding what happened on Feb 10, 2018 when the SyAAD engaged the Zionists; but we had to wait for a personal reason; and as always on this page, the blunt truth.

On 05:00 Feb 10, 2018 a formation of Zionist jets launched 16 Popeye Turbo ALCM (320km range) from Lebanese airspace toward Riyad Qayasa AFB (aka T4 AFB) which the SyAAD managed to detect and intercept the majority of. (we cannot disclose any more) after foiling their attack, SyAAD fired a single long range missile against the Zionist formation which after exploding the fragmented warhead hit a Zionist F-15 damaging it.

When the Zionist's raid was foiled, a second Zionist formation took off to reattempt an attack on the SyAAF base; at 0600 few minutes after taking off, a Syrian S-200VE missile scored a direct hit against an enemy F-16I over the occupied Golan Heights and we all saw the aftermath. (The jet was downed while fully armed contradicting the Zionists' media story that it was shot down after it "successfully" raided the Syrian airbase)

When their F-16I was shot down, the Zionist air force was put on full alert and attempted what is known as SEAD or "Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses" like they did back in 1982 in Southern Lebanon.

The first batch of long-range and anti-radiation missiles fired by the Zionists were completely shot down and non of it made it to its targets. They were hit with that surprise and for the first time in their history they Zionists attempted to overwhelm the Syrian Air Defenses by firing projectiles from outside of Syrian Airspace but most were without a specific target; and mainly to overwhelm the air defenses so that the projectiles and anti-radiation missiles might have a chance in hitting their attempted targets.

SyAAD also fired a short/medium range missile and destroyed an AH-64 Apache helicopter, while another one was damaged. The enemy claimed one of their choppers was out of services due to a mechanical error

After their miserable failure to hit anything significant, the enemy thinking that they had already overwhelmed the SyAAD, they sent an armed drone that entered the Syrian Airspace from the Lebanese airspace and was shot down over al-Zabadani

They only managed to hit a single air defenses guidance radar in the South, and a single launcher (we cannot specify but it was NOT an S-200 as they claimed)

An enemy F-15 formation attempted to target the Syrian Air Defenses from over Jordanian airspace, and again, an SyAAD S-200 scored a direct hit against another enemy F-15 near the Jordanian/Palestinian border line; parts of the missile and the F-15 were recovered in Jordan, but Zionist media and officials claimed that it belonged to the same F-16 that was downed in Occupied Golan Heights (So basically they are saying a jet that was hit with a 217kg warhead was still able to fly North where there are not airbases to land after being hit; this lie might work on civilians but not on us)

Syrian Air Defenses imposed what is known as A2/AD or Anti-Access/Area Denial that extended from Northern Damascus all the way over Southern Syria, Southern Lebanon, Northwestern Jordan and Northern Palestine; in which not a single enemy fighter was able to move freely and the enemy was going crazy trying to hit the Syrian Air Defenses batteries and failed. And you all saw SyAAD missiles and missile boosters over Lebanon and Jordan.

To give you an example of how the enemy lie regarding whether they hit their target or not; they claimed they hit all of their targets but wasn't it few weeks ago when the Zionists claimed they have destroyed the S-200 regiment that fired a missile at one of their F-16s in Lebanon and we told you back then their claims are baseless and there was minor material damage?! Well evidently, the same battery they claimed they destroyed shot down one of their jets just few weeks after.

Finally, the Syrian Air Defenses put down the enemies "long hand" and showed the enemy again that just because Syrian command chooses not to move in certain occasions, it does not mean SyAAD is not capable of reacting; never mistake patience with weakness, and choice with inability. And we`ve always said that on this page way back since 2013.

This is what happened to the best of our ability to share in terms of details. Those who follow us know very well that we never share anything we are not sure of, and we never sell dreams nor sugarcoat events. Another post is coming regarding the aftermath and our personal thoughts.

Syrian Arab Army

https://syrianperspective.com/2018/02/syrian-army-to-enter-afreen-gearing-up-for-war-u-s-in-the-crosshairs.html

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Seems the kind of move the Russians would attempt.

Brasco_Aad‏ @Brasco_Aad

A #Russia/n Air Force plane flew directly from #Damascus #Syria to #Riyadh #SaudiArabia earlier today.
    2:24 PM - 20 Feb 2018

Brasco_Aad
    ‏ @Brasco_Aad
    21h21 hours ago

Brasco_Aad Retweeted Brasco_Aad

#Russia/n military officials to tell #Saudis face to face that #Ghouta will be obliterated, Grozny style unless they order their #JayshalIslam pawns to call it a day and especially to stop firing rockets into #Damascus

The ball is in Saudi's corner now...

Blazing Fury
    ‏ @FuryBlazing
    29m29 minutes ago

Blazing Fury Retweeted جريدة الوطن

Russian Reconciliation Centre - #EastGhouta jihadists rejected calls to disarm and depart.

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    51m51 minutes ago

E. #Damascus: #Russia says talks to resolve "peacefully" (sic) situation in #Ghouta failed, its own way to announce Offensive is now imminent.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 DWluSjhU0AELyCV

Last edited by JohninMK on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : last item added)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Really difficult to believe, its nowhere else so probably just someone's dream. The others yes, as a rotation perhaps. But Su-57? Why would they?

Wael Al Hussaini‏ @WaelAlHussaini

Didn’t see that coming!!
    #RuAF deployed today few numbers of their fifth generation fighter jet the Su-57 in #Khmemeim #Syria

Along with
    4 Su-35
    4 Su-25
    1 A-50U

Wael Al Hussaini
    ‏ @WaelAlHussaini
    35m35 minutes ago

The picture was taken while the new arrivals were landing in #Khmemeim AB

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 DWldx0EXcAA6_oP

https://twitter.com/WaelAlHussaini/status/966406708510842880
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 pm

JohninMK wrote:Really difficult to believe, its nowhere else so probably just someone's dream. The others yes, as a rotation perhaps. But Su-57? Why would they?

"Strengthen Russia's position in the air": what the fifth-generation fighter Su-57 is capable of
    https://russian.rt.com/russia/article/473864-su-57-oruzhie-novoe-pokolenie

According to the expert, the Su-57 will be for a few more years at the testing stage in the VCS structure. In addition to testing a new engine, the use of new airborne weapons (TSA) will also be developed.

"The application of TSA is also a difficult thing. It is necessary to work in different modes, different situations, to strike at different targets, "the expert notes.

Impact force

Feature of the Su-57 - a combination of the functions of a strike aircraft and a fighter. This is also reflected in weapons systems. Su-57 can be equipped with an air cannon 9-A1-4071K, air-to-air missiles: R-73 / RVV-MD (short range), K-77-1 / RVV-AE / SD (medium range), K-37M / RVV-BD (long range), as well as air-to-surface missiles: X-38ME (short range), X-58USHKE (anti-radar), X-35UE (tactical anti-ship)-and corrected air bombs KAB-500S.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am

All in that earlier post bar the Su-57 may be now confirmed. Not sure where the top two photos came from. The last link below, to a video of the A-50, appears to be from the same poster as the Su-57 claim.

Lucifuge Rofocale
    ‏ @rofoca_lucifuge
    6m6 minutes ago

#BREAKING Another #RuAF batch of 4 Su-35s and 4 Su-25 arrived in Syria today

Lucifuge Rofocale
    ‏ @rofoca_lucifuge
    19m19 minutes ago

RuAF A-50U 47 Red landing today in Khmemeim AB Rising the number of the #RuAF deployment of AEW aircrafts in Syria to 2.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 DWmElqxVAAEWRqL

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 21 DWmFforUQAEv3jJ

https://twitter.com/rofoca_lucifuge/status/966447077403193344
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am

Su-25 too?

Yeah, heavy workload incoming....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:35 am