Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

TR1
    TR1

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 am

I disagree completely Mack.

Assad's response practically assured people would rise up against him and much of the army would defect.

America did barely anything substantial to aid the rebels well into the conflict, as far as weapons and fighters are concerned.

I think you are going way overboard with blaming the US. It sounds identical to how people blame Russia for wars.

" the blood of Syrian is on YOUR (USA) hands, YOU are guilty, it doesn't matter who and why did it before, all it's matters YOU are doing it NOW. "

By this standard there is a whole lot more blood on Russian hands as far as Syria goes.
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:46 am

mack8 wrote:That SHOULD have happened in 2011.
    Exactly, but it isn't 2011, so unfortunately we have to deal with how things are at present.

mack8 wrote:But no, whoever is running the US, their militaro-industrial complex, corporations and other dark interests  they all thrive on war, conflict, dividing and conquering, lying and deceiving, so this is why Syria is devastated now (just like most of ME).
    I wasn't aware Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman, Bahrain, or Qatar were currently devastated.

mack8 wrote:Just like the other MILLIONS(!) of dead in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries ( and just counting the last 20 years), the blood of Syrian is on YOUR (USA) hands, YOU are guilty, it doesn't matter who and why did it before, all it's matters YOU are doing it NOW.
    Not me doing it. But I guess that's my fault.

mack8 wrote:i hope not a stone will remain unburned in that messed up country of theirs, and if anything is left standing whoever survives must go there and raze it to the ground.
    ...and we're back to punishing everyone for the actions of a small percentage. The problem is most of the world just doesn't seem to possess enough intelligence to realize that 1) most Americans could probably care less about anything outside our borders and 2) the government may represent America but it doesn't mean that all Americans agree with it. But that's OK. For being against action in Syria and even against continued US involvement in asinine adventures around the globe I guess it means I deserve to be nuked with the rest of us just because I couldn't figure out how to rig the election or something.

If such a huge percentage of the world actually hated us I'd think they'd be smart enough to not let Coca-Cola, Pepsi, McDonald's, Apple, or Microsoft continue to take their money to prop up that system they allegedly despise so much. Or maybe they're just speaking out of their asses and don't have the backbone to stand up for their convictions either if it'd cost them their precious iPod or soda.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 am

SOC wrote:
    ahmedfire wrote:Not Indiana that will be nuked ,i think it's california
    OK, wait, that might change my opinion of a few things...
    Like??Twisted Evil 
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    SOC wrote:
    Like??Twisted Evil 
    Non Californians are often jealous of the wonderful life you can have in Cali.

*Runs away*
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:01 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    SOC wrote:
    Like??Twisted Evil 
    Hey, if someone wants to remove our California problem, who am I to resist? Just make sure the wind is from the north at impact.

TR1 wrote:Non Californians are often jealous of the wonderful life you can have in Cali.
    lol! 

Uh, no. The 9th Circus Court of Appeals is enough of a reason to never want to be associated with the name "California". There are other national political reasons I could also site for my own personal non-relocation motivation, but we'd need a new thread pwnd 
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:13 am

You wish you lived in the culturally rich neighborhoods like Stockton or Richmond.

Ok ok I will stop.
    But seriously, I had a wonderful time in Cali. Marin and SF are some of my favorite places in the world.
    Rest of the state? Not so much.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 am

1. iPods are made in China
    2. I can live without them anyway Cool 
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 am

It's me or US political prestige took a nose dive in last 5 years? I hardly know a person who likes US anymore. There is good russian word for it- obasralis. I think America needs to have a rival, that would keep it in line.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 am

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 BStoa35CUAAZ9cF
    Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Situation in Syria is very clear for anyone with a minimum of intellectual honesty :

1) In the latest four months SAA had gained the upper hand in a way likely decisive for the ultimate outcome of the terrorist's lead civil war (and yes that include in perspective also the North of Syria ,because with the fall of Homs in the West of the Nation and the effective compression of the terrorist's lines of re-supply to the North-Eastern artery ,the bulk of SAA would have been ,within 6-8 months ,redeployed in the Aleppo province to inflict the final blow)

2) The momentary strategic response to the situation for the FSA (very likely conceived and agreed upon with western intelligence operatives and in-field advisors )  has been to commit almost all material and human resources in a "diversionary offensive" operations   (naturally doomed in the middle terms at waste those last resources ,but offering some important near terms advantages) in the symbolic Damascus and Latakia province aimed mostly at :

- Gain some time on SAA's advance before the Geneva-2.

- Provide an image of FSA as "still alive" in the Homs and Damascus area and still capable to mount an offensive....even if at the cost of the total annihilation of entire overstretched operative brigades of the terrorist rebels and of crucial material resources not replaceable in the South and West of Syria.

- Allow the FSA forces in the North of the Syria to achieve and/or consolidate, without fear of a prompt SAA counter-offensive, some gains to be presented and enlarged in the powerful and "friendly" western media resounding apparatus as a sort of response to the SAA victory's streak in the latest months , always in view of the Geneva-2 summit.

- Attempt to present the "situation on the field" ,at Geneva-2, as of a nation effectively split in three area of control attempting also to "freeze" and formalize this strongly twisted picture with an agreement aimed at fracture Syrian unity "exchanging" the independence of Aleppo province, under terrorist control, with the interruption of those.....desperate....offensive in the Homs and Damascus area  Laughing   "divide et impera"

3)The operational tempo of the war plan up-exposed is plummeted ruinously much before what foreseen by FSA's commanders and western planners ; the rate of attrition of FSA forces ,for effect of SAA's ambush on the terrorist attacking forces lines of convergence and of SAA's fortified defense has been several times higher than what expected and the SAA's counteroffensive in Latakia happened much before than what was in the plans.
    In substance the entire operation failed totally in its initial objective to provide an "exchange token" for the Geneva-2 talks.  

4) At this point the unique credible option still open to avoid the total failure of the "engineered insurrection" in Syria, with lethal consequences for western future plans against Iran, was to produce the "triggering element" for justify a western intervention (anyone can easily realize as the CW "red line" was conceived already from the beginning as a sort of safety valve of the western-backed insurrection in Syria in the event that all the factors would indicate its failure Wink).
    This kind of childish "false flag" CW operations has been attempted several times in the latest months by FSA (since at least March, just when the situation on the field for the terrorists began to worsen exponentially faster and them desperately urged western weapons and direct intervention); naturally those ridiculous attempts back-leashed quickly at the first attempt of the most elementary scientific investigation on them,

Like with that of March 2013 , Vitaly Kudrin:

“Our experts took samples, examined them on the spot in laboratories that are certified by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, and came to the conclusion that the shell and sarin that was in it were homemade. There are quite clear and unambiguous conclusions concerning the fact that characteristics of both the shell and this very sarin do not meet the standards used in industrial production. According to our additional data, the shell and this substance were manufactured in February, 2013, in the Syrian territory, which was then under the control of the Syrian Free Army, by one of the groups, which was affiliated with this Syrian Free Army"
    ....and May 2013 , Carla del Ponte of UN Independent Commission of Inquiry on Syria :

Our investigators have been in neighbouring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated,” Ms Del Ponte said in an interview broadcast on Swiss-Italian television on Sunday.

This was used on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities,”
    5) Like in the past ,with the COMICALLY FALSE allegations of WMD presence in Iraq used by US to unlawfully attack Iraq ,violating meanly the International Law, also this time the UNLAWFUL attack must precede the fact's check, because  exactly like in the past , it would one more time bust, in an incontrovertible way, the ridiculous lies use as pretext for the unlawful attack.

Any single Occam's factor and rational element  : SAA having the upper hand and FSA desperately asking for western arms and direct assistance through a NFZ, the area hit (one with almost total absence of fighting terrorists  ! Laughing) , the time of execution  (just when UN group of scientific inspectors, tasked to investigate on pasted CW's use allegations and strongly wanted just by Syrian authorities , had arrived in Damascus Laughing) , the very suspect, irrational, urge of western authorities in blaming SAA for the event (in spite any rational element go in the exact opposite direction) and for attack before any independent scientific survey would be accomplished  Rolling Eyes ,the past samples of US false allegations used to attack unlawfully other sovereign nations , the past attempts of this type of  "false flag" CW operations by part of FSA etc... ,point to a clear and staged "FALSE FLAG ATTACK" by part of some group of FSA terrorists, aimed at provoke the maximum number of civilian victims and trigger the already prepared western intervention capable to overturn the events on the Syrian battlefields in FSA's favor.

Solution

In mine opinion the best solution at the moment would be for Russia to declare any attack on Syrian territory, against SAA or FSA  by any external power without an UN mandate or the definitive results of scientific surveys on the events  ascertaining definitely the real side responsible for the CW attack , as a DIRECT ATTACK TO RUSSIAN FEDERATION's OWN TERRITORY, with possibilities to directly destroy or neutralize any asset menacing it.

It would be also important to press for the result of the UN survey (naturally very strictly controlled) to be rendered publicly available on any media.

Very likely we would see  president B. Obama crushed under a greater poor showing and more embarrassed than president Dwight D. Eisenhower after that facts had exposed the ridiculous series of lies it had uttered to the public opinion of entire world on the espionage missions of U2 over URSS.  Razz Razz:P
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm

One has to wonder why Russia doesn't pursue rapidly a sort of mutual defense treaty with Syria. That'd pretty much guarantee Assad's stability and remove the CW question from relevance, avoiding the issue that could come up if the UN actually provides indisputable evidence proving Syria was gassing the insurgents and civilians.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Russia will not go in war for Syria, but will support it with material as well as Iran and China.

I think attack on Syria could happened in next hours, because US have to destroy syrian pro-shia government to alienate Iran, which US and Israel will attack around 2015-2016. In the mean time, war will not stay inside Syrian borders, but will spread in whole ME, where sunni and shia will kill each other for a decade. Attack on Iran will be red line for China and then China will go in war against USA and this will be WW3.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 am

Twist

Obama believes that the Syrian opposition could use chemical weapons (strange title because Obama did not said that opposition could use CW)
    LINK

Obama said he has not yet made a decision on Syria
    LINK

Obama is ready to work with Russia on the resolution in Syria
    LINK
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 am

Viktor wrote:Twist

Obama believes that the Syrian opposition could use chemical weapons (strange title because Obama did not said that opposition could use CW)
    LINK

Obama said he has not yet made a decision on Syria
    LINK

Obama is ready to work with Russia on the resolution in Syria
    LINK
    Lets hope cooler heads will prevail.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Kurdish civil defense female combatants taking up positions to defend their communities, against the mercenaries that CNN calls "the liberation army against Assad". This is the civil war within the civil war.

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 1175072_596811357053509_124826014_n

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 971956_596802400387738_954823236_n

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 9900_596803320387646_580586943_n

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 1235948_596800860387892_938215578_n

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 1240482_596766267058018_2017920744_n
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm

British MPs just voted down Syria intervention.
    Hope the US follows suit.
    Not that I think that they'll give up, but it's refreshing to see democracy (seem) to be working at times...

(Unless there is some kind 'behind the scenes' action going on)
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 am

macedonian wrote:British MPs just voted down Syria intervention.
    Great!!

Hope the US follows suit.
    Doubtful, unless Russia gives them some "incentive" to back off.Cool 

Not that I think that they'll give up, but it's refreshing to see democracy (seem) to be working at times...
    In some other country.Rolling Eyes 
    (Unless there is some kind 'behind the scenes' action going on)
    Pretty much standard for these kind of things, can't wait for the Wikileaks articles later on. Twisted Evil
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:05 am

macedonian wrote:British MPs just voted down Syria intervention.
    Good.  Internal problems should be handled internally, whether they're across the water or on your southern border, although if you were to seek external assistance in solving your problem that's entirely your prerogative.  If someone wants to overthrow your government or simply march off with part of your country, a military response by you against the offending elements is wholly justified.  And, of course, therein lies the double standard:  people will pick sides based purely on their own interests, and never completely adopt this policy.

macedonian wrote:Hope the US follows suit.
    Why expect anything logical from our government now?  For example, Kerry is telling everyone that the world banned chemical weapons and so this is just so horrible, acting in total ignorance of the simple fact that the agreement he's referring to?  Yeah, Syria didn't sign it, and therefore isn't legally bound by it.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 am

Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:46 am

WMS in Iraq : Facts check after Colin’s Powell's infamous "smoking gun" presentation to ONU Security Council = Unlawful Attack based upon horribly and purposely staged proofs

Alleged CW attack on its civilian by part of SAA : ......History repeat itself

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/29/verify-chemical-weapons-use-before-unleashing-the-dogs-of-war/

ALL strictly rational elements ALL lead to the same hypothesis : like for the March and May attacks that of 21 August is one of the most ridiculously staged attempts to change the course of the war on the actual battleground of Syria from SAA to FSA's favor (false "flag attacks" plan obviously already prepared and agreed upon since day one) calling for direct intervention of NATO forces.

The "smoking guns" presented by the US to international Community to circumvent and crush International Law, have the same credibility of one of theirs match of wrestling ......Laughing Laughing Laughing

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 am

Kurdish civil defense female combatants taking up positions to defend their communities, against the mercenaries that CNN calls "the liberation army against Assad". This is the civil war within the civil war.
    Kurds fight against Assad too. It's free for all here.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Regular wrote:
    Kurds fight against Assad too. It's free for all here.
    Kurds in syria are not one party, there is Democratic Union Party that co-operate with Assad's regeme and in the other hand you find Kurdistan Workers' Party that oppose turkey that support rebels and terrorists in syria so in the worst scenario the PKK is not against Assad's regeme ,

After assassination of Issa Hissou by rebels , most kurds are defending their communities against rebels and terrorists ,

The third party is Kurdish National Council and it was (long time ago) in opposition to Assad and pkk and since the disorders began in syria , the KNC and PKK had some clashes with each other .
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks for insight. It's very complicated matter
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:05 am

Perhaps i am just naive, but i must ask, how many Russian naval unit are currently in the Mediterranean and what types of ships are they??scratch

Thanks in advance.
    connect2raza

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 17 Empty SYRIA ND RUSSIA STRATEGIC PARTNERS

Post  connect2raza Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this erdogan is the biggest joker of the world if he hates israel so much then he should close israeli embassy in ankara nd recall turkish ambassador from israel nd cancell all the military relations nd transactions which turkey has with israel ontop of tht america has given an assignment 2 erdogan nd iran both iran nd turkey 2 destablise islamic countries especially arab countries this is wat iran nd turkey did in libya now iran nd turkey destablising syria nd now recently iran nd turkey destablising egypt this shows tht iran nd turkey r destablising islamic countries especially arab countries hand in hand just like they did in libya now syria nd now egypt ontop of tht u wud not even hear a word this erdogan has 2 say to iran wen we all know who is destablising turkey nd who created peshmerga nd pkk 2 break iraq nd destablise turkey it was iran but u will not hear a single word of this imposter erdogan regarding iran nd he has never ever ordered turkeys armed forces 2 neutralise peshmergas nd pkks terror nd training camps in iran but instead fingering syria fingered libya nd now fingering egypt this erdogan is like a snake just like iran.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:06 pm