Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  Pyrrus 04/08/13, 09:30 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:FSA looted about 150 ATGM missles (including Kornets) + an unknown number of launchers from 3 ammo storage sites near Damascus.

I guess that they will significantly decrease the number of SAA armored vehicles operating in this region...
    significantly or not, have you any idea how many their storages are looted day after day all over the Syria by the SAA? Including several types of missiles? I'd call it despair, lack of supply
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus 04/08/13, 10:41 am

Pyrrus wrote:
    As Sa'iqa wrote:FSA looted about 150 ATGM missles (including Kornets) + an unknown number of launchers from 3 ammo storage sites near Damascus.

I guess that they will significantly decrease the number of SAA armored vehicles operating in this region...
    significantly or not, have you any idea how many their storages are looted day after day all over the Syria by the SAA? Including several types of missiles? I'd call it despair, lack of supply

sadly i wouldent pain the picture that dark, a lot of weapons were captured back with storages over time, but mostly its always small findings of weaponary we have jet to see major ones, the only one was al quasair becouse they had no room for retreat every were else they could manage to take the most important things with them, the terrorist supplies still work trough the nord of the country also and modern weaponary shows up also more frequently... still amazes me how somthing as a AS50 gets in to ther hands
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular 04/08/13, 10:47 am

Kurds could be problem to SAA later on. They proven to be more efficient than FSA and their allies.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 04/08/13, 11:40 am

AS50? No they're Chinese M99's.

As Sa'iqa, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular 04/08/13, 12:03 pm

Oh crap, that's a jackpot over there. Even my whole country doesn't have this amount of AT weapons showed there Very Happy How can You not destroy them before letting these bastards have it? Basic rule in army - never leave working equipment to Your enemy
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 04/08/13, 05:13 pm

Regular wrote:

Oh crap, that's a jackpot over there. Even my whole country doesn't have this amount of AT weapons showed there :DHow can You not destroy them before letting these bastards have it? Basic rule in army - never leave working equipment to Your enemy

Ok, the tubes on the left side with the black caps, I believe those are MILAN ATGM. The closest stack has ~ 30 I'm not 100% sure because you can't see the ones on the bottom, and there are two other stacks almost as big behind it. That is ~100 MILAN's. According to Wikipedia, which I hate quoting, Syria has 1000 MILAN ATGM total.

So either...

1) The SAA kept 1/10 of their entire arsenal of MILAN ATGMs stored at one apparently unguarded location.

2) This video is actually showing a foreign shipment under the guise of "captured missiles".
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular 04/08/13, 07:43 pm

Very possible too. But knowing how AT weapons are not crucial for SAA fighting insurgency maybe it was hushed up and "forgotten". I would imagine that SAA didn't worry about their AT weapons until they got captured. Nothing in this conflict could surprise me anyways
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav 04/08/13, 08:04 pm

Oh crap, that's a jackpot over there. Even my whole country doesn't have this amount of AT weapons showed there Very Happy How can You not destroy them before letting these bastards have it? Basic rule in army - never leave working equipment to Your enemy

Something not right here.Some info is  missing here.
    WE NEED TO check out how could the SAA leave such huge cache of ATGM unguarded.
    Some thing cooking up.. Sad 

So either...

1) The SAA kept 1/10 of their entire arsenal of MILAN ATGMs stored at one apparently unguarded location.

2) This video is actually showing a foreign shipment under the guise of "captured missiles".

Holy Shi# ..

1. The media is going HELL CRAP WITH RUSSIAN BUILT atgm.
      First question are these canisters already loaded with munitions/missile or are they empty?

2.Are these ATGM tubes Russian or non-russ origin..?
    Definitely the SAA wont leave such a huge amount of ATGM unguarded. There must be something cooking .. dunno

3.Extra ordinary coordinated special operation conducted by all terror outfits against SAA. Jabhat nusra, FSA, al qqueda etc etc.
    Highly unlikely but may be not impossible. angry 
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa 04/08/13, 08:28 pm

The area outside of Damascus consists of dozens of separate ammo depots which are weakly guarded. A competent army would have moved them to a few strong bases.

I wonder why don't they destroy their weapons when capture is unavoidable... they are digging their own grave, but that's what happens when you appoint officers on the basis of religious background, not competence.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo 04/08/13, 08:47 pm

I wouldn't say those missiles were forgotten in some magazine. Missiles are not in original boxes, but in piles as they are wood. I think those missiles must be on battlefield ready to use, but maybe SAA didn't have time to destroy them before they leave or FSA overrun them and capture those missiles. On the other hand maybe they actually are missiles provided from foreign donors to FSA (Jordan also have Kornets).
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 05/08/13, 07:51 am

I just seems absolutely ridiculous that the SAA kept 10% of their entire MILAN arsenal in one location. That, the lack of videos of the actual facility, and the lack of location details sends up a red flag for me.

Only a short while ago, my traitorous congress approved sending weaponry to aid Al Qaeda and friends.

On the other hand maybe they actually are missiles provided from foreign donors to FSA (Jordan also have Kornets).

Turkey also possesses Kornet.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa 05/08/13, 08:03 am

Liwa Al Islam (banner of Islam)
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 13 BQ2_K0_UJCMAAA2c_T
    Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Post  Pyrrus 05/08/13, 08:33 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:The area outside of Damascus consists of dozens of separate ammo depots which are weakly guarded. A competent army would have moved them to a few strong bases.

I wonder why don't they destroy their weapons when capture is unavoidable... they are digging their own grave, but that's what happens when you appoint officers on the basis of religious background, not competence.
    easy, there's a possibility FSA is showing off with the weapon given them by Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Milan is not the weapon used by SAA. There were many many acts of false flag news given by Western media. We have no proof apart from the opinion given us by someone it is true. Even if, this trophy can postpone their failure only not to be any turning point. Come on!
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa 05/08/13, 08:44 am

MILAn is used by the Syrian army.
    a photo from 1982:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 13 Syrian_team_with_Milan
    Also, I doubt that The West would have given them Kornets as they can knock out western tanks easily.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 05/08/13, 09:00 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:MILAn is used by the Syrian army.
    a photo from 1982:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 13 Syrian_team_with_Milan
    Also, I doubt that The West would have given them Kornets as they can knock out western tanks easily.

Most of the anti-tank missiles Al Nusra have can knock out western tanks easily. At this point do you think their foreign suppliers care?
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 06/08/13, 07:42 pm

Waiting for updates, but it looks like the Al Nusra Front finally took Mennegh Airbase.

Still awaiting confirmation, but apparently the SAF withdrew their forces before the final assault. Al Qaeda walked away with a brand new rubble pile. I'll post them as I see them, but this is what I've seen so far.

Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Post  Pyrrus 06/08/13, 07:59 pm

in a meantime the offensive in other directions goes on, storm in the bus station (part 4)
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 06/08/13, 08:29 pm

So far no SAF bodies or prisoners showing up. Just videos of jihadis standing next to the junk heli's.

It looks like the SAA/SAF just got up and left, probably under the cover of darkness.
    Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Post  Pyrrus 06/08/13, 08:38 pm

if you need news of victories and life returning to villages, very well, watch news from 5th of August :
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 06/08/13, 08:41 pm

Pyrrus wrote:if you need news of victories and life returning to villages, very well, watch news from 5th of August :

Thank you very much. It's nice to see Al Qusayr is rebuilding.

The ANNA team deserves a medal.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa 06/08/13, 08:58 pm

Meng airbase has fallen after 8 months of full encirclement. SAA didn't make any large efforts to lift the siege. The takeover was preceeded by a "martyrdom operation", using a VBIED made of BMP-1 I would estimate that about 200-300 soldiers died during these 8 months, about 30 tanks and 20 helicopters (all grounded) were destroyed. So now several brigades (including infamous Caucasian brigade) can be redeployed elsewhere, to Aleppo or Homs.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus 06/08/13, 09:14 pm

it was a logical end to menagh, its unbelivble how berly a battalion was holding out such a siege for over half a year, but it was unbelivble bravery from them, they litterly fought till the bitter end, i hope somebody would write a book one day about ther story, i would love to read it
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 06/08/13, 09:23 pm

More like an incredible fuck up

Irregular light infantry equipped with at the maximum - RPGs, mortars and technicals managed to encircle, besiege and successfully interdict most resupply attempts to a military base garrisoned by a battalion with access to helicopters, BMPs and tanks.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa 06/08/13, 09:24 pm

I would like to watch a movie about it. Anyway, both sides show bravery which I admire as a fan of military history.

the situation fo SAA is quite dramatic. Takeover hundreds of ATGMs, latest incursions in Latakia, raids of armored unit of Liwa Al Islam which go without any government response (even aerial strikes). This cannot end up happily.

BTW - I made a mistake. Meng airbase wasn't besieged for eight months but for more than a year. It began on 2nd August 2012 and ended yesterday

Of course SANA denies it all, saying that the base is fine and that they killed a large number of terrorists.Laughing Laughing 
    Do you remember this guy? They remind me of him.
    Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Post  Pyrrus 06/08/13, 10:42 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:Meng airbase has fallen after 8 months of full encirclement. SAA didn't make any large efforts to lift the siege. The takeover was preceeded by a "martyrdom operation", using a VBIED made of BMP-1 I would estimate that about 200-300 soldiers died during these 8 months, about 30 tanks and 20 helicopters (all grounded) were destroyed. So now several brigades (including infamous Caucasian brigade) can be redeployed elsewhere, to Aleppo or Homs.
    it seems you are satisfied. Don't worry, it won't help them much. All terrorists will be eliminated

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27/04/24, 04:22 pm