Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

TR1
    TR1

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 26 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  TR1 Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d50nNW1Elg

BMP-2 hit, and drives without track.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

TR1 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d50nNW1Elg

Amazing, didn't think that this was even possible, it looked like it can do it with ease without steering to the left side or anything.

Pyrrus
    Pyrrus

Post  Pyrrus Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:21 am

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d50nNW1Elg

Amazing, didn't think that this was even possible, it looked like it can do it with ease without steering to the left side or anything.

and what was surprising, the driver left his BMP to... collect a new track (!!!) instead of waiting for technical support, which came soon and towed the BMP away from the fire line
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm

MOSCOW, January 26 (RIA Novosti) – Official Moscow supports a proposed alliance between the Syrian regime and moderate opposition against the Islamists, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.

Prominent Syrian Islamist groups such as the al-Qaida-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra and Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant “have no place in negotiations,” Lavrov said on NTV television.

“Our goal is to facilitate some political agreement between the [Syrian] government and sane, secular, patriotic opposition and parallel to political reconciliation to help them unite to fight these terrorists,” Lavrov said in the interview, broadcasted Sunday.

Syrian opposition and the government of President Bashar Assad are currently locked in high-tension talks at the Geneva-2 conference in the Swiss city of Montreux.

Assad’s government has called for an anti-Islamist alliance shortly after moderates in the opposition clashed with Muslim radicals on the ground earlier this month, leaving hundreds dead.

The majority of radical Islamist groups in Syria have rejected Geneva-2 and threatened violence against participants.

The conference is the first time since the outbreak of civil strife in Syria in 2011 that warring parties are engaged in negotiations.

UN and Arab League Envoy to Syria Lakhdar Brahimi said Saturday that progress at the first day of the inter-Syrian talks was minimal, but vowed to continue.

The sides have so far only discussed humanitarian issues. A source at the negotiations told RIA Novosti on Saturday the matter of a transitional government is not on the agenda through Monday.

The talks are tense in the extreme: The delegations, though sitting at the same table, only converse through Brahimi, while Syrian journalists with differing political affiliations attack each other verbally and physically behind the scenes.
    There are hardly any moderates out there but what the hell... dividio et impera should do it's job.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Another woman caught on tape  Very Happy 

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 26 SmsdVcd
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:25 am

Viktor wrote:Another woman caught on tape  Very Happy 

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 26 SmsdVcd

Looks like he...err I mean she was literally beaten with an ugly stick. I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of Islamists are closeted transsexuals.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:31 am

No need to insult transsexual people by comparing them to crazy religious fundies. Wink
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Transsexuals have nothing to do with jihadi nuts. Transsexuals are people born with body of one gender and brain of another gender, that is why they want to change their body in another gender to fit their personality, which is in brain, because they could not change brains.

But considering, that so many jihadists like to crossdress, it seems they really kill to many women that they have to crossdress. Maybe here is an answer, why are they against evacuation of women and children.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:41 am

medo wrote:Transsexuals have nothing to do with jihadi nuts. Transsexuals are people born with body of one gender and brain of another gender, that is why they want to change their body in another gender to fit their personality, which is in brain, because they could not change brains.

But considering, that so many jihadists like to crossdress, it seems they really kill to many women that they have to crossdress. Maybe here is an answer, why are they against evacuation of women and children.

Transsexuells are not all the same and there is no ground to argue that lot of "transsexuells" are abnormal when they chose to be ladyboys (shemales) to chose such a "gender" is abnormal.
    And they are not just a minority they actually make a big part of those so called "transsexuells".

Not sure what amount actual origin of the meaning transsexuells are of the group "transsexuells" but that is rather rarity and the even smaller group are actual hermaphrodite born who had to chose a gender.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Hehe ... they found the identity of that granny Very Happy 

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 26 GyTfo5j
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 am

Everything that you need to know about Syria 'revolution' and Alqaeda in 4 links..

about Syria...

and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeyRwFHR8WY

about Alqaeda..

http://larouchepac.com/node/24789

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Lam9V_9tE&feature=youtu.be
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:54 am

Wesley Clark is kind of a known moron.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:34 am

TR1 wrote:Wesley Clark is kind of a known moron.

But what about what he claims?  Suspect 

I have a thousand or more articles from different sources ,if you don't consider his testimony credible.
    There are 4 links there..too.. Reveals how the Syrian conflict was planned long before it began.
    NO such a thing a Freedom Revolutions , but Uprising organized from Abroad.. for Regime change.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah, there is no way Syrian people got fed up by a brutal regime, and not like half of Assad's army turned against him when I ordered a crack down.

You guys need to stop looking for constant "Western" causes, Assad is bad enough.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:14 am

TR1 wrote:Yeah, there is no way Syrian people got fed up by a brutal regime, and not like half of Assad's army turned against him when I ordered a crack down.

You guys need to stop looking for constant "Western" causes, Assad is bad enough.

Having sponsors like the Americans is a sure way to know that you can keep your power even in an Autocratic state though.
    I'm sure the people of Saudi Arabia would enjoy their freedoms as much as anyone else, yet their freedoms are virtually non-existent. Courtesy of Uncle Sam.
    Not to mention that the US has constantly sponsored coups against Governments and replacing them with Autocratic regimes allied with itself in the past.
    So, NO - as much as Assad is a brutal dictator, I'm afraid I pin this one on the US covert ops in the ME.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Excellent footage of Su-24 in action

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm

TR1 wrote:Yeah, there is no way Syrian people got fed up by a brutal regime, and not like half of Assad's army turned against him when I ordered a crack down.

Assad maybe an authoritarian but he's an ardent defender of secularism and freedom to practice religion, can the same be said about the Islamist rebels?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:

Assad maybe an authoritarian but he's an ardent defender of secularism and freedom to practice religion, can the same be said about the Islamist rebels?

Islamist rebels are just as bad.

The issue was the civil war was started not because of a huge Islamic uprising, but massive civilian Syrian discontent and the defection of half the army when Assad showed his father's colors.

By no, 3 years into war, the rebel side is fragmented and consists of many crazies, but I don't buy the narrative that the uprising was "Islamists vs Dictator, which one is worse?". What is the situation today? Hard to say the extent of Islamist influence among rebels. I dare say its more than American media say, but less than Russian (just as bad, but on the other side of the fence) .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Let's be honest, Assad is not half as bad as most of the Middle East.
    When the top moral authorities in the region are Israel and Iran... well.. let's just say the bar isn't set very high.

Yet Syria plunged into a bloody civil war while the others are all surviving, including Saudi Arabia where the religious police brutally cracks down on any dissent and people are executed for witchcraft among other things, Yemen which has no minimum marriage age at all, UAE and Kuwait where basically corruption and shady deals between oil princes are the entire economy there, etc...

The thing about Syria is that it doesn't have enough oil to build up their economy, and that they were targeted by most countries around them for deletion. Hence the armed uprising.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Assad is directly responsible for ordering and prosecuting a crackdown that has killed tens and tens of thousands of his countrymen (and NO they were mostly NOT Islamist)....not as bad?!?!

The guy is a piece of shit of the first degree. And he has 100% himself to blame for putting his country in the shitter over the past 3 years.

No matter how undemocratic and medieval Saudi Arabia is, that fact won't change.

I mean, yes, Syria did have more religious tolerance. It also occasionally destroyed an entire town for the party's survival.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 pm

TR1 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Islamist rebels are just as bad.

The issue was the civil war was started not because of a huge Islamic uprising, but massive civilian Syrian discontent and the defection of half the army when Assad showed his father's colors.

By no, 3 years into war, the rebel side is fragmented and consists of many crazies, but I don't buy the narrative that the uprising was "Islamists vs Dictator, which one is worse?". What is the situation today? Hard to say the extent of Islamist influence among rebels. I dare say its more than American media say, but less than Russian (just as bad, but on the other side of the fence) .

...I'm sorry to break it to ya, but that narrative was largely discredited due to that fact the main source for that claim of the "uprising" was none other than the Gay Girl in Damascus Hoax. Gay Girl in Damascus was the face of the uprising, even though it turned out that it was a middle-aged American man living in Scotland:

Syria Gay Girl in Damascus blog a hoax by US man

A blog purportedly written by a gay woman in Syria, which described life in Damascas amid the current political unrest, has been revealed to be a hoax.

A Girl Gay in Damascus gained a worldwide readership and was closely followed by news organisations.

But the true author has now come forward - Tom MacMaster, an American man studying in Scotland.

Many Syrian activists have reacted angrily, accusing him of trivialising or even harming their cause.

"One day if I'm kidnapped by my government, many readers won't care because I could turn out to be another Amina," wrote one Lebanese blogger.

The Gay Girl in Damascus blog, dating back to February this year, claimed to document the life of 25-year-old Amina Abdallah Arraf al-Omari, a half-Syrian, half American lesbian living in Damascus.

Entries covered her social life and relationships, but "Amina" also criticised President Bashar al-Assad and spoke about her role in the growing anti-government protests.

"What a time to be in Syria! What a time to be an Arab! What a time to be alive!" read an entry on 24 March.

"I want to rush out in the street and celebrate (and will as soon as I finish writing this)."

'Not harmed anyone'
    Blogs and social media have been a key source of information during the Middle East and North African uprisings, and the blog was soon being followed by journalists and activists around the world.

"Amina" even gave interviews to news organisations - an Associated Press reporter who corresponded at length with the blogger said her e-mails sounded very much like those of a woman in the middle of a violent uprising.

Then in a post last Monday, an entry said to be written by Amina's cousin was posted, saying she had been seized by armed men believed to be members of President Assad's Baath party.

"We are hoping she is simply in jail and nothing worse has happened to her," said the cousin, calling for help in finding out what had happened.

The news was widely reported, including by the BBC, and bloggers and activists launched an online campaign to secure her release.

But when the first photograph of the blogger was posted, it turned out to be that of a woman living in London who said she had no connection with the blog. Later, the US embassy said they had no record of a citizen with dual nationality matching Amina's identity and it emerged no-one had spoken to Amina in person.

On Sunday, an "apology to readers" appeared on the blog signed by Tom MacMaster - a 40-year-old American Middle East activist studying at Edinburgh University who said he was "the sole author of all posts on this blog".

"While the narrative voice may have been fictional, the facts on this blog are true and not misleading as to the situation on the ground," he writes.

"I do not believe that I have harmed anyone - I feel that I have created an important voice for issues that I feel strongly about."

Mr MacMaster said he had just tried to show some of the struggles of people living amid political upheaval in the Middle East and to "illuminate them for a western audience".

But political and gay activists have reacted furiously to the revelation.

"Because of you, Mr MacMaster, a lot of the real activists in the LGBT [lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender] community became under the spotlight of the authorities in Syria," wrote Daniel Nassar, an editor of the Gay Middle East blog.

"You took away my voice, Mr MacMaster, and the voices of many people who I know."

BangPound, one blogger who investigated the story, wrote on Twitter: "There is no positive side effect of the Amina hoax. It did not bring attention to Syria. It brought attention to a white fantasy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13744980

...If your still on the fence than it should be known that former French Foreign Affairs Minister Roland Dumas, a man who's been in his fair share of NATO meetings and conferences admitted that British intelligence was planning on sending in rebels, then toppling and invading Syria 2 years before the Arab Spring:

Dumas, “Top British Officials Confessed to Syria War Plans Two Years before Arab Spring”

Christof Lehmann (nsnbc),-  The former French Foreign Minister Roland Dumas admits, the war on Syria was planned two years before “The Arab Spring”. Dumas states in a TV interview, that “top British officials” confessed that they were preparing a war on Syria and asked “If I wanted to participate”.

The former French Minister of Foreign Affairs appeared in aTV interview with the French TV Channel LPC, saying:

“I am going to tell you something. I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business. I met with top British officials, who confessed to me, that they were preparing something in Syria”.

Dumas continued, indicating that the subversion and invasion of the Syrian Arab Republic with the help of “rebels” was primarily a British plan, while he carefully avoided implicating himself and France, saying:

“This was in Britain not in America. Britain was organizing an invasion of rebels into Syria. They even asked me, although I was no longer Minister of Foreign Affairs, if I would like to participate. Naturally, I refused, I said I am French, that does not interest me”

Dumas continued the interview, pointing to the role of Israel in the Middle East and Israel´s role with regard to western Middle East foreign policy and the war on Syria. The war has so far cost an estimated 93.000 lives and has displaced more than two million since the onset of the western subversion attempt in 2011. The majority of those who were killed were Syrian civilians, murdered by western-backed insurgents and terrorists.

Dumas also indicated that nothing had changed since the Sikes – Pikot European colonialism in the Middle East, and implicitly argues for the legitimacy of European colonialism and warfare on behalf of the Zionist state of Israel.

What annoys Dumas is apparently not neo-colonialism and violations of international law, but the fact that western powers are not open and honest about it. Dumas said:

“This operation goes way back. It was prepared, preconceived and planned… in the region it is important to know that this Syrian regime has a very anti-Israeli stance”.

“Consequently, everything that moves in the region…- and I have this from a former Israeli Prime Minister who told me ´we will try to get on with our neighbors but those who don´t agree with us will be destroyed. It is a type of politics, a view of history, why not after all. But one should  know about it”.

With his statements, Dumas aligns himself legally and politically with Henry Kissinger, who doubts whether the provisions of international law on national sovereignty and non-interference into domestic affairs of sovereign nations, enshrined in the Treaty of Westphalia and the Charter of the UN apply to “former colonies, whose borders have been arbitrarily drawn by former colonial powers”.

Although Dumas was careful to avoid implicating France or himself directly in the planning stages of the subversion, his statement reveals that British officials have been vetting and contacting leading French policy makers for their potential involvement in planning the illegal war on Syria, at least two years before the onset of the first “incidents” which sparked mass protests. International analysts as well as Syrian sources have since 2011 maintained, that the eruption of violence was systematically created from abroad.

Whether Dumas will ever have to testify before an international war crimes tribunal under oath and risk of perjury, to tell a judge who exactly the “top British officials” were, who attempted to recruit Dumas, who allegedly rejected the offer of “taking part” is doubtful as long as the International Criminal Court, ICC at The Hague remains the sole option for the prosecution of war crimes.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/06/16/dumas-top-british-officials-confessed-to-syria-war-plans-two-years-before-arab-spring/

Last edited by magnumcromagnon on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Go back to the first months of the protest.
    Follow the course of events, the mass protests, Assad's promises at reform, then a complete turn around and crackdown.

The Syrian populace having enough of their dictator is not fantasy.
    How exactly did the Syrian rebels get so much territory? How exactly did Assad's forces shrink massively compared to pre-war levels? Mass defection. And they were not all crazy beardies.

None of that of course discounts the possibility of foreign intelligence trying to destabilize Assad. That's international relations for you.

But Assad turned it into a bloodbath. There is just no escaping that.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:40 pm

TR1 wrote:

Follow the course of events, the mass protests, Assad's promises at reform, then a complete turn around and crackdown.

How exactly did the Syrian rebels get so much territory? How exactly did Assad's forces shrink massively compared to pre-war levels? Mass defection. And they were not all crazy beardies.

None of that of course discounts the possibility of foreign intelligence trying to destabilize Assad. That's international relations for you.

To understand this, I think one needs to go BEFORE the protests have even begun.
    And perhaps check the role that American Ambassador Ford played in the development of the whole scenario.
    I'm not making a case for Assad here, but (as I said previously) there are other autocrats are in that region that seem to be doing quite well, regardless of how many human rights abuses they do daily.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:03 pm

TR1 wrote:

Roland Dumas already exposed the "uprising" as an astro-turfed color revolution, just take a look at the so-called "moderate" Free Syrian Army...they're labeled moderates by the West, yet it's already been known that "moderate" Free Syrian Army held areas enacted strict Sharia Law...in fact here's a Free Syrian Army general demanding strict Islamic Law, and he's theoretically a "moderate":

Religious Police enacted by the FSA in Aleppo:

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 am

TR1 wrote:

From the same standpoint you can say that all countries that experienced Arab revolutions or Orange revolutions happened because people decided it was time. Of course they did not and

same thing is happening now in Ukraine. The way I see it this is what happened:

1. The all thing was planned well in advanced (former Israel president statement, former French MVEP etc)
    2. Muslim Brotherhood already uprised in Syria and got crushed during 70ies
    3. MB is used to gain power in all countries that experienced Arab revolutions (MB in all cases but using different names in each country - but same thing)
    4. Supported by Qatar (MB in power already), Turkey (MB in power already) and the unavoidable US, Israel with great interests too
    5. Gains (depending on the country each of them had specific interests)
     - Turkey, rebuilding Otoman Empire - spreading influence
     - Israel, weakening of 3 strongest Arab Armies (Syrian, Egypt, Iraq), cutting Hezzbolah supply lines, weakening Iran
     - Qatar, spreading influence throughout entire Middle East and North Africa but UAE and Saudi Kingdom also
     - USA, annuling Russian, Iran influence in the region, gaining further momentum to move the damn thing closer to the Russia
     - only latter on during the play Saudi comes in marching in with their terrorist army to suppres MB rise on power (paying Egypt big bucks is part of the game) to save their own heads
     - France, trying to get back their old influence in the area (Syria and Lebanon)
     - British, playing along as USA lapdog and trying to cross over France to gain their influence
    6. All the media is in place
    7. People are throughout NGO, etc payed to go to the streets (name one country in the where you can not geather 100 000 people to the streets)
    8. Armed man are in the crowd shooting police officers and army (reports about hundereds of killed policemans are not in the news - ever)
    9. Police returns fire but kills civilians also and thats the point where western media is picking up the story
    10. Staged killings in Qatar is recorded in whole replica cities build for that purpose, torching of civilians, murderings and other lies
    11. Hundreds of trained bloogers are lying and writing and newspapers are picking all the stories.
    12. All the reports that are not in line with lying are dismissed immediately
    13. UN secretary extors pressure from Syria government to remove solders from the cities and
    14. At the moment when there are no solders in the cities terrorist move in
    15. Huge chunk of terrorist being trained as part of MB (latter Saudi took over after Qatar King was forced to leave), brought in from Lybia, Iraq, trained in Jordan and Syria and Lebanon
       and Israel. Army would have to have a million man army just to control such huge borders and no country in the region can do that
    16. Terrorist are entering cities unopposed
    17. Syrian Army leadership is being offered to take a bribe (huuuuge one) and save themselfs and their families, some believe lies and cross over to the dark side etc but all in all minor
       numbers
    18. Thing is that Syria is a civilization 5000 years old and no matter that there are 50 different ethnics and religious groups they are all at firs SYRIANS.
    19. All the actions of the terrorist (MB at first) are coordinated by Israel/Saudi/USA/Turkey/France/British etc intelligence services based on detailed analysis of Syrian Army, geography,
      logistic, potential etc, field hospitals are placed all along Syrian border with Turkey, Israel, Jordan. Terrorist are geathered, trained, equiped, etc ....
    20. this is a beginning and the rest is familiar.....

at the moment the western backed terrorist are losing big time and their little game is uncovered and falling apart. Egypt has Sisi the general who just announced he is running for the
    presidency. Whole southern Lybia is in the hands of the pro-Gadafy fighters and uprising is gaining momentum with each passing day. Algeria which was to be a crown jewel of the Arab
    revolution is of the table (and Algerian pilots are flying Syrian planes en masse) and Algeria is helping Syria with arms and logistics for the same reason. MB is in Egypt a terrorist organization and Al Jazzera journalists are hounted throughout Egypt as dogs.

You see whole point of lying culminated in false flag chemical attack where terrorist killed kindnaped children from Lakatia but there are no western media trying to get to the bottom of that story because from that point on they could not exuse themselves for lying to their own people for the benefit of the few. From that point on they (western world) would have no other choise but to support Syrian Army with money and army as the most effective machine in killing terrorist.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:13 am