Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Aristide
chinggis
Azi
topor
ZoA
dino00
flamming_python
Firebird
Arrow
Regular
lulldapull
Austin
medo
VARGR198
lycantrop
GarryB
Cyberspec
GunshipDemocracy
Vann7
par far
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
KiloGolf
onwiththewar
Big_Gazza
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Skandalwitwe
KomissarBojanchev
Dima
Fred333
Givi
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
Project Canada
Admin
Godric
mnztr
BKP
franco
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
miketheterrible
crod
ATLASCUB
Airman
Kimppis
calm
George1
Isos
PapaDragon
nomadski
d_taddei2
TheArmenian
JohninMK
yavar
starman
eehnie
63 posters

Syrian War: News #17

lulldapull

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 35 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

Post  lulldapull Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 pm

What a disgrace for France, reduced to entertaining terrorists:

https://sputniknews.com/world/201804131063509065-riyadh-france-iran-nuclear-program/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Not sure how they would have got this, so its correct with a ?

Nathan Ruser
    ‏ @Nrg8000
    3h3 hours ago

Here is a detailed map showing SAM sites around the Damascus area.
    HD - http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1d29/8zkk3zk73k4zb5nzg.jpg …

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 35 DaphGqLU8AA32zW
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm

These show ranges but the ranges are not necessarily ranges against low flying cruise missiles so they probably don't really reflect the actual situation.
    Azi

Post  Azi Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Syrias biggest problem is that Damascus lies direct behind a line of mountains, dividing Lebanon from Syria. Syria has nearly 0 % chance to track enemy cruise missiles coming from this direction early, that's why Israel ALWAYS strike from Lebanon. If Russia is able to connect Syrian AD with their early warning system (A-50), than Syria will have a good chance to intercept many of incoming cruise missile.

Don't forget the strike will be HUGE...I personally expect a minimum of 200 cruise missile, a few attack waves and later a coventional bombardement with multi role fighters and bombers. I hope Syria and Russia are well prepared, because if Syrian AD sites are destroyed, than the western countries will free to bomb for weeks, see Libya. A few more interceptors would be great, like Garry wrote. They don't want to attack because of this chemical attack, real intention is regime change (bombing of government sites) and they think Russia is weak and will not step in...maybe this changed a bit in the last days (maybe really only a limited strike now) after clear statement from Kremlin.

I'm german, other half is serbian ;D I'm living in Germany my whole life and I love my country!!! But I must write, that our western elite is completly living in a transatlantic fantasy bubble. German high politician don't act for Germany, but for their masters in Washington and in Washington the politician think they are GODS, free to do everything. Trump is not the badass, but he is driven by maniacs and hawks!!! It's weird that the only sane people in US administration are high military personal, like General Mattis...Bolton and other advisers are complete crazy, out of this world. Now they try to attack Syria, in a short period they want to bomb Iran, after that maybe North Korea, later maybe Russia direct...there is no limit, no rule, no sanity for them.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Lots of SIGINT/ ELINT types sniffing around soaking up the Syrian AD emissions:

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13970124000457

They must be assessing the bands to jam before the volley of Tomahawks is unleashed. Wonder what bands the Pantsir or Tor operate on.

RuAF needs the Mig-31's with their R-33's more than ever now over Latakia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:37 pm

lulldapull wrote:Lots of SIGINT/ ELINT types sniffing around soaking up the Syrian AD emissions:

They must be assessing the bands to jam before the volley of Tomahawks is unleashed. Wonder what bands the Pantsir or Tor operate on.

RuAF doesn't need to do anything, it's Syrians who need to start moving their assets around periodically in order to avoid being sitting ducks.

This is AA warfare basics.

Any kid from Serbia could have told them as much.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:48 pm

200 American Troops KILLED in Syria - along with 1800 more PMC's Twisted Evil

http://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news/world-news/2363-200-american-troops-killed-in-syria-along-with-1800-more-pmc-s
    chinggis
    chinggis

Post  chinggis Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 pm

lulldapull wrote:Lots of SIGINT/ ELINT types sniffing around soaking up the Syrian AD emissions:

It is not so simple. Ground stations have a bigger power than airborne stations. Simplified formula is Power=1/Range^2. It is so hard to jam powerful radio station if you are to close. And you will not want to be close, because you will be targeted by air defence. There is S 200, which is made to shut down bigger aircraft like AWACS, bombers.. And you need big aircraft for that purpose, because you need large power source and large powerful transmitters, and all these requirements lead from big to large and heavy equipment. They know very well at what band some radars work but what is unknown is how radar stations process signal. And one more important thing is, you cannot jam transmitter (in theory is possible, but it is so much complicated and not done in real), and you cannot find receiver (in theory, but in real world it is possible if developers not do his job well).
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Russia has accused UK of pushing the rebels faking the chemical attack.

Matis is affraid of an escalation according to his speech at the senat.

Macron has called Putin. Putin told him not to do stupid things.

Syrian representant at UN said Syria will defend itself against USA if they attack.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/status/984827438600523781?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.air-defense.net%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FBabakTaghvaee%2Fstatus%2F984827438600523781

BREAKING: #RoyalAirForce (#RAF) is No longer carrying-out airstrike against #ISIL / #Daesh in #Syria due to danger of confrontation with #RuAF (#RussianAirForce) fighter jets in the country since 9th April 2018.
    Source: Unnamed military journalist from #Israel|i Air Force / #IAF
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Just a quick note about the idea floated before about opening a second front by Russia , against NATO in Europe . I am against this . Right now UK France stand alone . And an attack would bring entire Europe NATO force against Russia .

I am suggesting a demonstrative nuclear detonation on Russian soil to be put on TV . At a time before a war starts . The nature of this conflict is essentially an unwinable and destructive nuclear war . And the populations need to be mobilised against this war . I am serious about this . People need to be reminded about the truth .
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 pm

nomadski wrote:
    Just a quick note about the idea floated before about opening a second front by Russia , against NATO in Europe . I am against this . Right now UK France stand alone . And an attack would bring entire Europe NATO force against Russia .

I am suggesting a demonstrative nuclear detonation on Russian soil to be put on TV . At a time before a war starts . The nature of this conflict  is essentially an unwinable and destructive  nuclear  war . And the populations need to be mobilised against this war . I am serious about this . People need to be reminded about the truth .

It's not opening a new front. Just a symetrical answer in case US hit Russians. The war between them won't happen everyone know this but a little incident could bring to quick regional war.

If they don't answer in Syria but in Europe by targeting big and costly radars from ABM it's less Dangerous than destroying ships in Syria which will probably defend themselves by lunching more missiles then russian will lunch more too ...

But now they are talking about 8 empty targets that russia will let US hit just to stop all this quickly.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 pm

lulldapull wrote:What a disgrace for France, reduced to entertaining terrorists:

https://sputniknews.com/world/201804131063509065-riyadh-france-iran-nuclear-program/

I believe Saudi Arabia has us more to offer than Iran. Im no fan of Saudi Arabia but i dont see any positive aspect in Iran as well. The Mullah regime is as vile as the Saudi Regime.

And with all due respect dont see how the Mullahs can pay what the Saudi do.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Aristide wrote:
    lulldapull wrote:What a disgrace for France, reduced to entertaining terrorists:

I believe Saudi Arabia has us more to offer than Iran. Im no fan of Saudi Arabia but i dont see any positive aspect in Iran as well. The Mullah regime is as vile as the Saudi Regime.

And with all due respect  dont see how the Mullahs can pay what the Saudi do.

You are totally stupid. Iran is 70 millions people and it's a young population. SA are few rich guys that are suported by USA just to give them oil and sell them weapons that they don't know how to use.

Iran has difficulties because it was under embargo for tens of years. What do you think would happen if france is under total embargo for 30 40 years ?

In terms of ideology there is no difference but Iranian population is more open than those saudi who have played with terrorist since years and let them have an influence in the country. In iran there is no terrorist like there is in sunni countries.

France and europe should have supported Iran since long ago but they decided to support Sadam's irak which was destroyed by USA, they supported saufi arabia which belongs to USA so not so much left for them, same with others ME countries. Because USA made a pact with saudi king after ww2 they had to support them for their oil no matter what. Iran became a important foe to saudi leadership so they asked USA to destroy them economicaly. Europe just had to follow them because they depend on USA for everything (eco, military, culturaly ...)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Isos wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

You are totally stupid. Iran is 70 millions people and it's a young population. SA are few rich guys that are suported by USA just to give them oil and sell them weapons that they don't know how to use.

Iran has difficulties because it was under embargo for tens of years. What do you think would happen if france is under total embargo for 30 40 years ?

In terms of ideology there is no difference but Iranian population is more open than those saudi who have played with terrorist since years and let them have an influence in the country. In iran there is no terrorist like there is in sunni countries.

France and europe should have supported Iran since long ago but they decided to support Sadam's irak which was destroyed by USA, they supported saufi arabia which belongs to USA so not so much left for them, same with others ME countries. Because USA made a pact with saudi king after ww2 they had to support them for their oil no matter what. Iran became a important foe to saudi leadership so they asked USA to destroy them economicaly. Europe just had to follow them because they depend on USA for everything (eco, military, culturaly ...)

At the moment Iran has a large population of poverty and enormous structural problems.

We once had good relations with Iran. Perfect relations btw. When Iran was modern and cultivated.

Iran even ordered 2 Concorde.

But the Mullah Regime is totally alien for us.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 pm

At the moment Iran has a large population of poverty and enormous structural problems.

We once had good relations with Iran. Perfect relations btw. When Iran was modern and cultivated.

Iran even ordered 2 Concorde.

But the Mullah Regime is totally alien for us.

Arab leaders are so democrated ...

Iran is poor because they can't trade with other countries.

Stop talking bs.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm

@ isos

Well we can answer someplace else . Where it suits us . Where no Europeans live . Where Russia has strong forces . Where America has weaker forces . To engage only the attacking force . At Sea. In Alaska . In space . On an Iisland in Pacific Ocean .

So either a war between them won' t happen and a little incident will lead to war ( it will happen ) . Therefore it will either happen or not happen ! Yes I agree .

If they don't answer in Syria .......Well it is not like answering the phone or not . Then in that case they die or leave . Problem solved .

If they have more missiles in Syria than Russia . Then don't let them into med sea . Or if you prefer attack them in Hawai .

All this is a false scenario . Any war will quickly turn nuclear . Better to run away from war than tip toe into it . This idea of allowing a hit on empty target , has every chance of emboldening the hawks into fooling the people to think that a war and wining a war is possible . This is suicide .

You said nothing about an atmospheric nuke test on TV .........strange !

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Nosy UAV Smile

David Cenciotti
    ‏Verified account @cencio4
    1h1 hour ago

David Cenciotti Retweeted Aircraft Spots

This is to my knowledge the first known (and trackable) mission of a @usairforce RQ-4 Global Hawk drone off Syria

Aircraft Spots
    ‏ @AircraftSpots

15 Hours after departure from NAS Sigonella - FORTE10 continues to carry out it's task in the Eastern Mediterranean West of Lebanon & Syria at 56,000 feet

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 35 Dar-iaNU8AAgeBM
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

Different way at looking at the radar coverage

Nathan Ruser
    ‏ @Nrg8000
    11h11 hours ago

3/ This Map shows the density of SAM coverage, how many Air Defence systems cover any area. The greatest level of overlap is 37 systems servicing the area just north of Darayya.

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 35 DaqHgUvVMAUMPWQ
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:06 am

Aristide wrote:

I don't agree. SKA is already dominated by US interests and the other Euro nations have higher priority to the King than does France. If you notice the French are not winning many contracts in the Kingdom. On the other hand Iran is a wide open playing field as other Western countries are too scared to invest there for fear of new sanctions. France has said the hell with US sanction threats and started developing South Pars and landing huge airliner deals. Getting on the ground floor of Iranian reconstruction with little Western competition is far more lucrative than fighting for Saudi scraps.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:46 am

Just watch Vladimir, when Iran next destabilizes the Sawdi Qatif province where all the oil is and it is home base of Aramco........and it is dominated by Shia minority of Sawdi..........lol......but before we do this, we will destabilize Bahrain which is majority Shia.

Already Iran controls the greatest oil & gas deposits/ reserves on this planet. Iraq's gubment is answerable to Iran, and is selected by Iran.

When Yemen eventually falls to Iran, then we control the Bab Al Mandeb entry/ exit to the Red sea too, in addition to the Persian Gulf.

Qatar also slowly starting to understand how to bend over for Iran......lol

All these EU jokers will bow down to Iran, some are already doing it.

Bahahaaaaa.......lol

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

I don't agree.  SKA is already dominated by US interests and the other Euro nations have higher priority to the King than does France.  If you notice the French are not winning many contracts in the Kingdom.  On the other hand Iran is a wide open playing field as other Western countries are too scared to invest there for fear of new sanctions.  France has said the hell with US sanction threats and started developing South Pars and landing huge airliner deals.  Getting on the ground floor of Iranian reconstruction with little Western competition is far more lucrative than fighting for Saudi scraps.  
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 am

It does not change the threat of the imminent strike on Syria and its potential consequences

But some interresting signals have been going around in rumours among NATO troops that you do not hear all too often travel so quick that might relate to the "delay" of the strike.

1. The USS Cooke was on station near the Syrian coast, but had to go back to Cyprus and at least a partial replacement crew was flown in towards Cyprus. EU troops currently on Cyprus think a part of Cooke's crew and officers refused to follow orders that where given to them and it was deemed neccesary to replace them.

2. There is a large disconnect between what Politicians say like Macron and May and what the Pilots and Ground crew think themselves. some pilots have remarked how they just will pull the ejection seat at first lock on and wait for the turkish and greek navy to fish them out. that the "Yanks" can go die on their own into the russian air defenses. Frustrations are very high at the moment with the troops in the staging area's.

3. There is serious lack of ordnance to arm the aircraft at Cyprus and NATO needs more time to get it there from the factory's themselves. Appearantly, most of the factory's bomb productions still goes to Afghanistan, Iraq,Syria and Yemen for the bombing campaigns there. Stockpiles have been depleted for years now.

4. NATO AWACS/Recon aircraft and sattelites can not map the air defenses in Syria and encounter serious problems. Russians keeps a few radars constantly online and only on their "established" locations, but periodically switches its assets radars in the field on for a short time and shut them off again. When Nato sends a sattelite over at first oppertunity there seems to be nothing there on the detected locations. Also the upgraded A-50U flying around in Syria is a thorn in the eye in planning the strike. At the moment, it keeps flying with escort aircraft and well into the safety umbrellah's of the S-400 and other air defenses inside Syria. Yet it acts as a giant mobile radar for the entire air defense net in Syria that can keep their radars offline untill they need to actually engage an aircraft.

of course, in the end. it comes all down to if one man is unreasonable enough to launch an strike. Said man supposedly in command of nuclear weapons using Twitter to threaten the Russians, another nuclear superpower with an imminent attack.

Personally speaking, i hope he does not. If he does, there will be thousands paying the price in the timespan of a few hours if the shooting starts. Mostly NATO seamen and the english base in Cyprus that is the staging ground right now. they do not even have bunkers there, just a few concrete barriers that should act as a "bunker". it will be a huge loss of life because some warmongering totalitarians in the west can not accept the world is not their playground anymore where they can do as they wish.

Again, i hope some people will talk some sense into the idiot. But, i accepted a long time ago in Afghanistan working with the Americans that it might take millitary force to prove them the U.S.A is not that "exceptional nation".
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:46 am

Good to see you again Airbornewolf thumbsup

ALSO:

Trump to provide statement on Syria in 30 minutes

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlSuraEnglish/status/984953410209353728

Something is about to go down.

I'm gonna watch an episode of Friday Night Lights now so see you in hour or so. Should be interesting.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:46 am

And that is part of the deterrence package... unlike Iraq in Desert Storm or most other countries NATO attacks, Russia can actively launch attacks on jamming platforms interfering with their ability to defend Syrian airspace...

And with all due respect dont see how the Mullahs can pay what the Saudi do.

Yes, the mercenary army of France... fighting for the highest bidder... how civilised that you fight for those people who decapitate 14 year old boys on camera, and burn women to death because they wont sleep with their soldiers... France shows its morals... it has none.

France has said the hell with US sanction threats and started developing South Pars and landing huge airliner deals. Getting on the ground floor of Iranian reconstruction with little Western competition is far more lucrative than fighting for Saudi scraps.

But it would require France to act purely in its own interests and ignore the interests of the US... and they really can't do that because Washington seems to have France by the balls.

Just watch Vladimir, when Iran next destabilizes the Sawdi Qatif province where all the oil is and it is home base of Aramco........and it is dominated by Shia minority of Sawdi..........lol......but before we do this, we will destabilize Bahrain which is majority Shia.

The west has been interfering in the affairs of middle eastern countries for several centuries... it is important for Iran to be able to do the same, but keep in mind that it benefits the west to have war in the Middle East... it does not matter to them who wins and who loses... to keep fighting they sell weapons. To rebuild they offer services to rebuild and to pay for all that you have to pump oil which keeps the price down... all of which suits them because the only blood it costs them is the blood of the soldiers they send... you wont see a congressman or senator or rich person sending a child into that place...

Again, i hope some people will talk some sense into the idiot. But, i accepted a long time ago in Afghanistan working with the Americans that it might take millitary force to prove them the U.S.A is not that "exceptional nation".

You can use common sense and negotiate with anyone... but the US politicians and military leadership are the exception...
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Good to see you again Airbornewolf thumbsup

Thanks!. mostly, i do not bother with the drama anymore on here. what is the point?.

yet at times like these, its valuable to share what one knows to paint a larger picture in my opinion.

Also appearantly a decision has been taken on the strike. might be a green light, a delay or cancellation. who knows?.

The Truman Strike Group is still two weeks away, will he be so dumb to try the attack with a handfull of destroyers?.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 pm