Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+3
Benya
Grazneyar
Katsudonsan
7 posters

Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question...

Katsudonsan
    Katsudonsan

Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question... Empty Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question...

Post  Katsudonsan Thu May 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Hello there everyone! I am a military watch collector from Singapore. In Singapore, conscription is mandatory for all able bodied male aged 18 and above. We have to serve for a minimum of two years in the Singapore armed forces, any extensions after that is welcome but not compulsory. However during my two years in the army, I was never given a watch, thus I developed a hobby and passion of collecting military watches. My main purpose of joining this forum is to learn more about Russian and Serbian military emblems and insignias. As I have recently delved into collecting Yugoslavian military watches...

I recently purchased this Kingdom of Yugoslavia military issued pilot watch circa 1920/1930. And I have been having some problem with deciphering the logo and wording around it. Could I trouble somebody to tell me what the insignia stands for? As well as the wording around it. Thank you all! And sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question... Img_6610
    Grazneyar
    Grazneyar

Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question... Empty Re: Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question...

Post  Grazneyar Thu May 25, 2017 4:28 pm

I tried in google translate and got "We will keep Yogoslavia as a class".
    Or maybe "as a people".
    Katsudonsan
    Katsudonsan

Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question... Empty Re: Greetings from Singapore and a Yugoslavian insignia question...

Post  Katsudonsan Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Grazneyar wrote:I tried in google translate and got "We will keep Yogoslavia as a class".
    Or maybe "as a people".

Wow! Thank you! Is that for the top row translation? Or the middle row? Or last row... thanks again sir!
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

welcome
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Thu May 25, 2017 5:37 pm

welcome
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 pm

welcome

You came to the right place buddy, here is translation:

Top row: Чуваћемо Југославију =  We shall guard Yugoslavia

Bottom row: 05 Класа = 05 Class   which could either mean ''Class of 05'' (1905) or it might mean ''05 Grade'' as in quality of silver. It would expect it to say ''Класа 05'' hence confusion.

Middle letters next to emblem: В А = V A. This is most likely short for ''Војна Академија'' which means ''Military Academy'' or ''Војна Авијација'' which means ''Military Aviation''.

This is probably Yugoslavian Military Academy graduation watch. But 05 part is confusing because Yugoslavia did not exist in 1905 unless they refer to year of cadet's birth.

Hope it helps.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri May 26, 2017 1:30 am

welcome
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am

welcome Smile
    Katsudonsan
    Katsudonsan

Post  Katsudonsan Sun May 28, 2017 7:20 pm

PapaDragon wrote:welcome

Bottom row: 05 Класа = 05 Class   which could either mean ''Class of 05'' (1905) or it might mean ''05 Grade'' as in quality of silver. It would expect it to say ''Класа 05'' hence confusion.

Middle letters next to emblem: В А = V A. This is most likely short for ''Војна Академија'' which means ''Military Academy'' or ''Војна Авијација'' which means ''Military Aviation''.

This is probably Yugoslavian Military Academy graduation watch. But 05 part is confusing because Yugoslavia did not exist in 1905 unless they refer to year of cadet's birth.

Hope it helps.

Yes it does help! Thank you very much. Very much appreciated sir!

Post  Guest Sun May 28, 2017 7:56 pm

PapaDragon wrote:welcome

Hope it helps.

Refers to graduation class, 5th class since start of "aviator" course on military academy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:21 am