Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
calripson
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
collegeboy16
Hannibal Barca
Vann7
zg18
Dima
Arrow
Mindstorm
Notio
SU-41
AlfaT8
Flanky
NationalRus
Flyingdutchman
xeno
Hachimoto
eridan
dino00
KomissarBojanchev
Cyberspec
Mr.Kalishnikov47
psg
TheRealist
harsh
Shadåw
Sujoy
medo
coolieno99
gloriousfatherland
flamming_python
Firebird
TheArmenian
TR1
George1
GarryB
ahmedfire
runaway
Pervius
PAVN
nightcrawler
Serbia Forever 2
Russian Patriot
IronsightSniper
Austin
Farhad Gulemov
KRON1
sepheronx
Viktor
Jelena
Stealthflanker
RuStepan
Vladislav
Admin
60 posters

Russian Navy: Status & News #1

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:If we can just get Bulava working properly... Rolling Eyes

The fact the USN hasn't been able to track these subs for the last 15 years speaks volumes. Very Happy

psst.. go to Youtube.. i think "American Experts" there stated oherwise Cool

Would these be the arm chair generals that said we couldn't even defeat Georgia? Laughing

Yes. They are also the same Arm Chair generals that search BOXXY on youtube and give themselves a rub and tug in her honor.
    Admin
    Admin

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Never heard of it, let me cheque it out...

Damn that bird is annoying! affraid
    Jelena
    Jelena

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Russian navy to search for missing ship off Spain

Post  Jelena Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Russian navy to search for missing ship off Spain

Associated Press
    2009-08-10 05:56 PM

News agencies say Russian naval ships are joining the search for a cargo ship with Russian sailors that has gone missing off Spain.

ITAR-Tass says ships from Russia's Black Sea fleet will begin searching for the Arctic Sea and its 15 Russian crew members beginning Tuesday.

Officials say contact was lost with the ship, which was carrying lumber from Finland to Algeria, on July 28.

Days earlier, masked men who identified themselves as police officers briefly seized the ship in Swedish waters and beat up the crew. But Swedish authorities said they hadn't searched any ships.

Russian maritime expert Mikhail Voitenko said the ship's cargo belonged to Finnish wood products giant Stora Enso Oyj and could be worth up to $1.5 million.

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1027576&lang=eng_news

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More about it you can read here (for Russian speakers)

http://www.odin.tc/GPublisher/default.asp
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty [b]Russian warship heads to Cape Verde in search for Arctic Sea[/b]

Post  Russian Patriot Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:08 am

Russian warship heads to Cape Verde in search for Arctic Sea
    RIA Novosti

14/08/200918:12

MOSCOW, August 14 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian frigate Ladny is heading toward Cape Verde in the western Atlantic in search of the missing Arctic Sea cargo vessel, the Russian ambassador in Cape Verde said on Friday.

The Arctic Sea, which is operated by Solchart Arkhangelsk Ltd and has a 15-member Russian crew on board, is feared to have been hijacked. It was last reported by German media to be traced to an area northwest of the island of Santo Antao, Cape Verde's second-largest port.

"I have a report from the Russian Navy that the frigate is going to enter Cape Verde territorial waters," Alexander Karpushin told the Russian News Service. "The warship has its own search plan."

The Maltese-flagged Arctic Sea set off from Finland on July 23 carrying a large load of timber, and was due to arrive at the Algerian port of Bejaia on August 4.

The ship last made radio contact with British coastguards on July 28. According to Interpol the ship was briefly seized in the Baltic Sea by masked men claiming to be police on July 24. Reports state that after 12 hours the men left the ship and the Arctic Sea resumed its voyage.

Some media have speculated the ship could have been targeted because it was carrying an "unknown cargo" in addition to timber. However, the ship operator called the reports "rubbish."

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev ordered on Wednesday measures to track, monitor and, if necessary, free the ship from the hijackers after Solchart requested state assistance in the search-and-rescue operation.

Russia's Defense Ministry later said that it had dispatched Black Sea Fleet vessels now on a mission in the Atlantic to hunt for the cargo ship, and all search-and-rescue means, including satellite reconnaissance, have been deployed.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-090814-rianovosti03.htm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:50 pm

This whole hijacking story sounds fishy to me. They hijacked it then set off in a dingy? Sounds stupid to me... why would they be off Cape Verde running out of food instead of resupply. No sense...
    Jelena
    Jelena

Post  Jelena Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:47 am

Finland says ransom demand received for missing cargo ship Arctic Sea

HELSINKI, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- Finland's National Bureau of Investigation (NIB) said that a ransom demand has been received for the missing cargo ship, the Arctic Sea, according to local media report Saturday.

The NIB declined to say what the amount of the ransom is other than it is a significant sum.

According to information received by Finnish Broadcasting Company, the lives of the crew have been threatened if the ransom is not paid.

Viktor Matvejev, the CEO of Solchart Management which operates the Arctic Sea on Saturday declined to comment on the information released by the NIB. Solchart Management operates in Finland.

The Maltese-owned, Russian-crewed cargo ship disappeared two weeks ago while en route with a cargo of sawn timber from Finland to Algeria. The ship had been due to arrive in Algeria on Aug. 4.

The disappearance of the Arctic Sea, which dropped off the radar in the English Channel on July 28, has sparked intense speculation about its fate, with experts debating whether pirates, a mafia quarrel or a commercial dispute were involved.

Swedish police said the ship was hijacked in the Baltic Sea on July 24, when masked men claiming to be anti-drugs police boarded the ship, tied up the crew and searched the vessel. But the men reportedly left after about 12 hours.

Finland's NBI also believed that the ship was taken over by hijackers in July while still in the Baltic Sea. For that reason, Finnish officials have not released any information about possible contact with the vessel or when the ransom demand was received. Release of such information could endanger the 15-member crew.

The affair is being jointly investigated by Finnish, Maltese and Swedish police.

A European Union spokesman said Friday that the ship appeared to have been attacked twice but not in "traditional" acts of piracy, and Russian warships have been scouring the Atlantic Ocean for the vessel.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-08/16/content_11888922.htm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 am

If Malta doesn't pay the ransom, we are going to have to open a can of whoop-azz.
    Jelena
    Jelena

Post  Jelena Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:13 am

Vladimir79 wrote:If Malta doesn't pay the ransom, we are going to have to open a can of whoop-azz.

I would "safely" presume that those kind of ships and cargoes have an insurance who will cover ransom, so it's not the matter of money but politics of country or company. "The one who payed once will pay again" is the main problem...
    Vladislav
    Vladislav

Post  Vladislav Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Jelena wrote:

I would "safely" presume that those kind of ships and cargoes have an insurance who will cover ransom, so it's not the matter of money but politics of country or company. "The one who payed once will pay again" is the main problem...

You ever heard of a ransom clause in an insurance policy? I never have.
    Jelena
    Jelena

Post  Jelena Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Vladislav wrote:
    Jelena wrote:

You ever heard of a ransom clause in an insurance policy? I never have.

Good point Smile
    I really have no idea to be honest with you but just searched the net for an answer and seen that there is such a thing as:"Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion Insurance".
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 am

Jelena wrote:

Good point Smile
    I really have no idea to be honest with you but just searched the net for an answer and seen that there is such a thing as:"Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion Insurance".

There is such a thing, but I highly doubt if a ship not crossing the Horn of Afrika is going to have it. No one expects it to be hijacked in the Batlic Sea. Where the hell were the Finns when this happened?
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 am

Vladimir79 wrote:This whole hijacking story sounds fishy to me. They hijacked it then set off in a dingy? Sounds stupid to me... why would they be off Cape Verde running out of food instead of resupply. No sense...
    Missing Arctic Sea ship found, crew taken to Russian warship
    RIA Novosti

18:00 17/08/2009 ASTRAKHAN, August 17 (RIA Novosti) - The missing Arctic Sea vessel has been found and its crew taken to a Russian warship, the Russian defense minister said on Monday.

"At 1:00 p.m. Moscow time [09:00 GMT], it was found 300 miles off Cape Verde islands. The crew is alive. They were taken to the Ladny frigate," Anatoly Serdyukov said.

He told President Dmitry Medvedev that an investigation was underway "to identify the circumstances behind the vessel's disappearance and its failure to make radio contact."

He added that more details would be provided within the next few hours.

The Maltese-flagged cargo ship left Finland with a cargo of timber on July 22 en route for Algeria. The ship last made radio contact with British coastguards on July 28.

Interpol said earlier the ship was briefly seized in Swedish waters of the Baltic Sea by masked men claiming to be police on July 24. Reports state that after 12 hours the men left the ship and the Arctic Sea resumed its voyage.

Russia's Dmitry Medvedev last week instructed the country's Navy to launch a search for the missing ship.

The tracking device aboard the Arctic Sea was briefly reactivated on Saturday, showing the vessel to be located in the Atlantic's Bay of Biscay near France's La Rochelle port, according to Sovfracht, a Russian maritime journal.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2009/08/mil-090817-rianovosti08.htm
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    My problem with the Navy procurement plan is this, corvettes and submarines are nice, but if you want to build 6 carriers as has been stated by MoD, then you have to build air defence destroyers to go with it. They say that we will see how Steregushchy goes as a tech demostrator and build higher classes of ships on that basic design. All the while we will be waiting for years, even decades to come out with an AEGIS type destroyer. You can't have a competitive high seas fleet without this class of ships. The cruisers we have now aren't going to be servicable for much longer.

I cant remember where I read it but Russian Navy will start building new destroyers from 2012 witch is not that much tragedy if they dont take 5+ years to complete a ship.
    My problem with RuAN is they neglect surface fleet. I mean only one 2038 is complete up until now and no 22350. Thats bad.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Viktor wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:
    My problem with the Navy procurement plan is this, corvettes and submarines are nice, but if you want to build 6 carriers as has been stated by MoD, then you have to build air defence destroyers to go with it. They say that we will see how Steregushchy goes as a tech demostrator and build higher classes of ships on that basic design. All the while we will be waiting for years, even decades to come out with an AEGIS type destroyer. You can't have a competitive high seas fleet without this class of ships. The cruisers we have now aren't going to be servicable for much longer.

I cant remember where I read it but Russian Navy will start building new destroyers from 2012 witch is not that much tragedy if they dont take 5+ years to complete a ship.
    My problem with RuAN is they neglect surface fleet. I mean only one 2038 is complete up until now and no 22350. Thats bad.

It is and it isn't.

Russia since the 90's depended on foreign purchases, and up to even now, have their manufacturing facilities strained with foreign orders (india, China, Venezuela, Vietnam, etc) and it makes it really hard to start producing more for their own defense. The other problem is that these foreign orders are being made out with the more modern and heavily modified infrastructure, while other ship yards are lacking in the modern infrastructure to deal with the heavy, bigger guys like the Cruisers, Destroyers, and aircraft carriers. But once the northern shipyard is complete and if they ever modernize the one in St. Petersburg, then Russia would be back in business.

I know, it sucks that it takes time. But is it truly Russia's fault when you have countries like Ukraine, Finland and Poland making ships for the USSR, decide to act hostile towards Russia after breaking up?

This, in the long run, is beneficial for Russia.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Yes there are many problems and I agree with problems you mentioned but when you finally find space to build a ship and than it takes forever to build it that is another thing. More to it I can not understand why are modernization of Nakimov taking that much, up until 2012. I mean that ship is not new so it must be put up in service much quicker to made up for numbers and capabilities until new destroyers are ready.
    KRON1

Post  KRON1 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:22 am

Viktor wrote:Yes there are many problems and I agree with problems you mentioned but when you finally find space to build a ship and than it takes forever to build it that is another thing. More to it I can not understand why are modernization of Nakimov taking that much, up until 2012. I mean that ship is not new so it must be put up in service much quicker to made up for numbers and capabilities until new destroyers are ready.

Based on my research of the Nakhimov, the delays have been due strictly to budget shortfalls and priorty assessment. It is not due to a lack of ability, but financial resources and need.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 pm

Its logicat that funds are problem. But still having one more monster of that kind is mutch more needed than in 5 years when new destroyers start entering production line.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Viktor wrote:Its logicat that funds are problem. But still having one more monster of that kind is mutch more needed than in 5 years when new destroyers start entering production line.

Agreed , it all depends on the honesty of our Goverment officials now and Svermash
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Medvedev pledges to re-create strong Navy in 10 years

Post  Russian Patriot Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Medvedev pledges to recreate strong Navy in 10 years

RIA Novosti

21:40 28/09/2009 KALININGRAD REGION, September 28 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will recreate a powerful Navy in the next ten years, President Dmitry Medvedev said on Monday at a meeting with military personnel who took part in the Zapad 2009 drills.

The Zapad (West) 2009 large-scale joint military exercises being held by Russia and Belarus started on September 18 and will end on Tuesday, with about 12,500 service personnel and up to 200 items of military equipment and hardware having taken part.

Asked whether any of Russia's naval fleets are to be replaced now that many vessels have been in service for 20-25 years, Medvedev said: "We are facing the most large-scale task - to reestablish the Navy, as a significant number of our ships - both surface and submarine - are serving their last years now."

"This does not mean they can't operate, but nevertheless new ships should be put into operation. And we have a stock of submarines and ships," he said. "I am convinced we will be able to reestablish our Navy in the next decade at levels that our state will require. And we need a strong navy," the president said.

The service personnel, numbering over 20, presented Medvedev, who is Supreme Commander-in-Chief, with a striped sailor vest, a marine beret and a mockup of a battleship that took part in the maneuvers, while the president presented them with watches.

The ex-Soviet neighbors Russia and Belarus announced plans in the late 1990s to form a union state in a bid to achieve greater political, economic and military integration, but the project has largely existed on paper.

The exercise among other things rehearses interoperability within the framework of the Belarusian-Russian integrated air defense system, which the two countries agreed to establish recently.

Russia is represented by the Moscow Military District units, Ground Forces, Air Force, Air Defense Forces, Airborne Troops and Baltic Fleet naval task forces, and Belarus by operational command units, Interior Ministry, Emergencies Ministry and State Security Committee troops.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-090928-rianovosti03.htm

Last edited by Russian Patriot on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Empty promises... we would have only started building it by then.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Russian missile cruiser to depart on visit to Singapore

Post  Russian Patriot Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Russian missile cruiser to depart on visit to Singapore

RIA Novosti

27/10/200907:34

VLADIVOSTOK, October 27 (RIA Novosti) - The missile cruiser Varyag, the flagship of Russia's Pacific Fleet, will sail on Tuesday on a month-long tour-of-duty, which will include a visit to Singapore, a fleet spokesman said.

"The group of ships departing today from Vladivostok comprises the Varyag missile cruiser, the Fotiy Krylov salvage tug and the Pechenga tanker," the official said.

"There is a naval infantry unit, an air support group and a number of naval cadets on board the cruiser," he added.

According to the spokesman, the main goal of the visit to Singapore is "to further develop and strengthen friendly contacts between the two countries."

Varyag is a Slava-class missile cruiser, which entered service with the Pacific Fleet in 1990.

In 2007, the warship visited the South Korean port of Pusan, while in April this year it led a fleet of 21 foreign naval vessels participating in a parade to mark the 60th anniversary of China's Navy off the coast of the eastern city of Qingdao.

The Fotiy Krylov and the Pechenga were part of a naval task force from the Pacific Fleet, led by the Admiral Vinogradov destroyer, which participated in international anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden in January-March this year.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-091027-rianovosti01.htm
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Russian Pacific Fleet warships to visit Malaysian port

Post  Russian Patriot Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Russian Pacific Fleet warships to visit Malaysian port

RIA Novosti

02:16 22/10/2009 MOSCOW, October 22 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian Pacific Fleet task force that has been on anti-piracy patrols in the Gulf of Aden is to pay an official visit to the port of Klang in Malaysia, a spokesman for the Russian Navy said.

The task force — comprising the Admiral Tributs destroyer with two helicopters, a salvage tug, a tanker, and a naval infantry unit — has been escorting commercial ships, conducting aerial reconnaissance, and searching for suspected pirate vessels.

He said that a number of meetings were planned during the visit, including with commanders of the Malaysian Navy and the Russian Embassy staff.

Russia joined international anti-piracy efforts off Somali coast in October 2008.

Three Russian warships have so far participated in the mission — the Baltic Fleet's Neustrashimy (Fearless) frigate, and the Pacific Fleet's Admiral Vinogradov and Admiral Panteleyev destroyers.

The Pacific Fleet's warships have escorted over 100 Russian and foreign commercial ships and prevented several pirate attacks since January 2009.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-091022-rianovosti01.htm
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Medvedev says Russia to step up navy presence in world's oceans- YES!

Post  Russian Patriot Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:46 am

Medvedev says Russia to step up navy presence in world's oceans
    RIA Novosti

14:02 16/11/2009 SINGAPORE, November 16 (RIA Novosti) - Russia plans to increase its naval presence in the world's oceans, President Dmitry Medvedev said on board a Russian warship during an official visit to Singapore on Monday.

Russia announced in 2007 that its Navy had resumed and would build up a constant presence throughout the world's oceans. Once one the world's most powerful forces, the Russian Navy now has few ships regularly deployed on the open seas.

Asked by the crew of the Varyag cruiser if Russia's presence would be stepped up further, Medvedev said: "Yes, this is planned."

Moscow has recently contributed warships to international efforts to combat Somali pirates. A flotilla of Russian warships also participated in exercises with India and Venezuela last year.

Last year's tour of the Mediterranean, Caribbean, South Atlantic and the Indian Oceans by a flotilla led by the heavy missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky (Peter the Great) was lauded by many in Russia as the country's naval reappearance on a global scale and criticized in the West as echoing the Cold War-era.

After making several port calls and engaging in antipiracy operations off Somalia, the Pyotr Veliky arrived in Venezuela in late November, which coincided with Medvedev's state visit to the Latin American state. The president visited the ship along with his Venezuelan counterpart, Hugo Chavez.

In September 2008, Russia was reported to be in talks with Syria on turning the Tartus port into a permanent Middle East base for Russian warships.

Medvedev said Russia needs an effective navy to be able to send ships to take part in international missions.

"Our objective at the moment is to invest more considerable funds in the Navy. Decisions have been made, warships will be purchased under a state armaments program, certain steps will be made next year," Medvedev said.

He also said the current economic slump would have an insignificant effect on arms purchases for the Army and Navy.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-091116-rianovosti02.htm
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Russian Navy Drills and Patrols

Post  Russian Patriot Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:09 am

Russian warships to resume anti-piracy mission off Somalia in late Nov.

RIA Novosti

16:32 19/11/2009 MOSCOW, November 19 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian naval task force led by the Admiral Chabanenko destroyer will resume an anti-piracy mission off the Horn of Africa later this month, the Navy said on Thursday.

It said the destroyer and an auxiliary vessel were currently crossing the Mediterranean and should reach the Suez Canal on November 23.

The Navy will maintain a constant presence off the Horn of Africa, with each fleet dispatching warships on a rotation basis.

On Monday, a Russian Pacific Fleet task force returned to its base in Vladivostok after completing an anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden.

One of the ships, the Admiral Tributs destroyer with two helicopters, a salvage tug, a tanker, and a naval infantry unit escorted commercial ships, conducted aerial reconnaissance, and searched for suspected pirate vessels off the Horn of Africa from July 30 to October 15.

During the tour of duty, the Pacific Fleet task force escorted a total of over 100 commercial vessels from 26 countries along the shipping lanes in the Gulf of Aden. The task force also held two anti-piracy exercises together with Chinese naval ships.

Russia joined international anti-piracy efforts off the Somali coast in October 2008.

The task force was the third group of warships from the Russian Pacific Fleet engaged in the anti-piracy mission off Somalia. The previous two task forces from the Pacific Fleet were led by the Admiral Vinogradov and Admiral Panteleyev destroyers.

Pirates have been active off Somalia as the war-ravaged country has been without an effective government since 1991.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/russia/2009/russia-091119-rianovosti01.htm

Last edited by Russian Patriot on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Empty Russian Navy Status

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Magazine "Authority"№ 29 (832)

Where is Russia's navy

The face of Russia's navy near future - for example, sample 2015, when will the current operating state armaments program - already some clear specialists. Enough to see which vessels are being built for the Navy now, because only they will go to the fleet in the next five years. Day of the Navy "Power" has decided to give readers the opportunity.

Navy did not accidentally considered one of the most conservative and inertial military spheres. Already from the very process of shipbuilding anything else we should not wait: the design, and construction lasts for years and decades. Therefore, it is safe to say that is exactly what is now on the stocks, will be the main component of Russia's Navy combat-ready by 2015. For now, the average age of existing ships is already more than 20 years, ie after 5-10 years, all these veterans will be little in the can.

However, the same facts and figures of modern Russia's shipbuilding reality can be interpreted in exactly the opposite. For example, you could write: "It is similar to the delivery of the submarine fleet headaches of various types. Tangible completion strike capability of the Navy will project 955 submarine missile carrier Yuri Dolgoruky, 885 multipurpose nuclear submarine Severodvinsk with cruise missiles" Onyx "and silent diesel Lada "677-year project.

Or you may like this: "It is similar to the delivery of the submarine fleet headaches of various types. But it is unclear what to do with the replenishment of: Project 955 for the missile is not ready to launch the Bulava, because of underfunding may postpone planned for 2011 commissioning of the project 885 ( and so under construction for 16 years), the Lada is still not working sonar system and the main power plant. "

You can rejoice that the 16 shipyards are building for the entire 38 Navy ships, submarines, boats and vessels of 25 different projects, developed 11 design bureaus. This will provide support at the appropriate level of design and production school and will maintain a balance between different classes of ships within the fleet.

To this we can reply that nowhere in the world is such a "zoo". It is unclear as to ensure the repair and supply spare parts for such a variety of types of craft. Already, for example, the Navy of Russia is just eight patrol - but seven different projects! And soon it should add to the eighth - Frigate project 22350. And this despite the fact that throughout the world are building as small as possible типажом, but most large batches - in order to reduce the cost of construction and operation.

Around this debate are the admirals with independent experts, and it can carry on indefinitely. And both sides are right. But there are things to argue about which is difficult. For example, that the main threat to Russia's Navy is not coming from the Pentagon or the British Admiralty. The main threat lies in the purely plain areas - financial. Even at the peak of oil prices construction and laying ships were financed with tangible disruptions, and with the onset of the crisis further stalled. Now the money is spent not on the tab of new ships, and on the completion of already laid. So admirals, daydreaming about marine aircraft complexes (abbreviated - the MAC, so now are called carriers of the future), yet have to deal with the completion of most other MAC - both in the Soviet period designated small artillery ships. As is known, the rank below the ships do not exist.

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Stats10

Project ships under construction

Ships 1.3 ranks
    Ballistic missile submarine appointment Project 955 "Borey"

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_02_b

A Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering in the "Rubin" (St. Petersburg). Water displacement 24 000 (according to other sources, 17 000) m, surface - 14 700 t. Length 170 m, width 13,5 m, draft 9 (10) m. Speed full submerged speed - up to 29 knots. Equipped with a single-shaft turbine nuclear power plant with capacity of 40-50 thousand liters. with. (reported by public sources on the boat is set reactor OK-OK-650B or 650V heat capacity of about 200 MW, there is a project to install new versions 955A monoblock type reactor PCF is about the same power). The boat also has a propulsive "Pump-jet" water-jet type.

Armament: 16 (on a modernized version of the 955A, according to some sources, 20) launchers of intercontinental ballistic missiles R-30 Bulava, 6 torpedo tubes. The crew of 107 people (including 55 officers).

At present, construction of three submarines of this project, announced the construction of a total of eight "Boreas."

Yuri Dolgoruky
    Construct JSC "Production Association" Northern Machine Building Enterprise "(PO Sevmash, Severodvinsk, Arkhangelsk Region).. Serial number 201. Laid down: November 2, 1996, launched on February 13, 2008. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2009. At the present time is running tests.

"Alexander Nevsky"
    Constructed according to Sevmash. Serial number 202. Laid down 19 March 2004. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2012.

Vladimir Monomakh (project 955A)
    Constructed according to Sevmash. Serial number 203. Laid down 19 March 2006. Delivery of the fleet is expected in 2013-2015, respectively.

Multipurpose nuclear submarine project 885 (08850) "Ash"

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_03_b

Designed in Marine Design Bureau "Malachite" (St. Petersburg). Water displacement 13 800 (according to other sources, 11 800) m, surface - 11 740 (8600), Vol length of 120 m, width 12 (15) m, draft 8.4 (10) m. Speed full submerged speed up to 31 node . Equipped with a single-shaft turbine nuclear power plant with capacity of 40-50 thousand liters. with. (monobloc type reactor PCF heat capacity of about 200 MW). The boat also installed propulsive "Pump-jet" water-jet type.

Armament: 8 universal launchers, where, according to open sources, can accommodate up to 32 (according to other sources, up to 24) anti-ship missiles P-800 "Onyx" (with a range up to 300 miles) or developed a new type of missile, and 8 torpedo vehicles (with the possibility of launching cruise missiles). The crew of 85 people.

Currently under construction, two submarines of this project, announced the construction of six "clear." The second and subsequent boats, according to open sources, will be based on modernized draft 885M (08851) "Ash-M.

Severodvinsk
    Constructed according to Sevmash. Serial number 160. Laid down 21 December 1993. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2011. In a number of sources indicate a possible tactical number boats - K-329.

"Kazan" (Project 885M)
    Constructed according to Sevmash. Serial number 161. Laid down 24 July 2009 *.

* Tab was made after the signing of this issue of "authority" in print.

Submarine Project 677 "Lada"

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_04_b

A Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering in the "Rubin" (St. Petersburg). Underwater displacement of about 2650-2700 m, surface - 1765 tons Length 66.8 m, width 7,1 m, draft 6,5 m Speed full submerged speed - up to 21 knots, cruising range of 650 miles under water, in the mode " diesel operation under water "- 6000 miles. Equipped with a diesel-electric power plant (the main ridge of the electric power of about 5500 liters. Pp. And two diesel-generator 28DG to 1700 liters. Pp. Each).

Armament: 6 torpedo tubes (with the possibility of launching cruise missiles). The crew of 35 people.

At present, construction of three submarines of this project, announced the construction of eight LAD.

B-585 "St. Petersburg"
    Construct JSC Admiralty Shipyards (St. Petersburg). Serial number 01570. Laid down 26 December 1997, launched on October 28, 2004. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2010. At the present time is running tests.

"Kronstadt"
    Construct JSC "Admiralty Shipyards". Serial number 01571. Laid down 28 July 2005. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2013. In a number of sources indicate a possible tactical number boats - B-586.

Sevastopol
    Construct JSC "Admiralty Shipyards". Serial number 01572. Laid down 10 November 2006. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2015. Previously mentioned in the media as "Petrozavodsk". In a number of sources indicate a possible tactical number boats - B-587.

Frigate (large patrol craft), Project 22350

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_05_b

A Northern Design Bureau (St. Petersburg). Designed to perform anti-submarine and strike missions. Total displacement of about 4500 tons, length about 135 m, width of about 16 m, draft 4,5 m. Speed full speed about 30 knots, cruising range of more than 4000 miles. Power diesel gas turbine power plant about 65 thousand liters. with. (two units M55R diesel engine 10D49 capacity of 5200 liters. pp. M90FR and gas turbine engine power 27 500 liters. with. in each).

Armament: as reported in open sources, 8 anti-ship missile launchers (possibly up to 24 missiles P-800 "Onyx" with a range of 300 miles or developed a new type of cruise missiles), 130-mm artillery plant A-192, anti-missile system Mole-2, anti-aircraft missile complex "Tornado missile 9M317 or the latest SAM missile 9M96 (originally reported on the installation of a frigate SAM" Hurricane "and" saber "), a helicopter. The crew of about 180 (according to other data, 210) people.

Currently under construction, one ship of this project, the Navy announced the order of up to 20 frigates of this type for 20 years.

"Admiral Gorshkov"
    Construct JSC Shipbuilding Plant Severnaya Verf (St. Petersburg). Serial number 921. Laid down: February 1, 2006. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2011.

Corvette (frigate) Project 20380

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_06_b

Developed in the Central Maritime Bureau "Almaz" (St. Petersburg). Designed to perform escort and strike missions in the near sea area, patrolling coastal waters, patrol service. Total displacement 2220 tons, length 104.5 meters, width 13 m, draft 7,95 m. The speed full speed to 27 knots, cruising range of 3500-4000 miles. Power diesel power plant of 24 thousand liters. with. (two diesel-diesel unit DDA-12000 - two engine 16D49 each).

Armament: missile system "Uranus", including 8 launchers, anti-ship missile 3M24 (range up to 130 km), 100-mm artillery plant A-190 and two 30-millimeter artillery guns are AK-630M, anti-aircraft missile and artillery system "dirk-M (on the new versions will install new corvette SAM missile 9M96), anti-torpedo complex "package", the helicopter. The crew of 99 employees.

February 27, 2008 in the RF Navy became the lead ship of the project - "Steregushchy." Currently under construction, four similar corvette. Navy announced an order for a total of 20 such ships.

"Savvy"
    Construct Severnaya Verf. Serial No. 1002. Laid down 20 May 2003. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2010.

"Boyko
    Construct Severnaya Verf. Serial No. 1003. Laid down 27 July 2005. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2011.

"Perfect"
    Construct Amur Shipbuilding Plant (Komsomolsk-na-Amur, Khabarovsk Territory). Serial No. 2101. Laid down 30 June 2006. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2015.

"Steadfast"
    Construct Severnaya Verf. Serial No. 1004. Laid down 10 November 2006. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2012.

Frigate project 11661K

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_07_b

A Zelenodolsk design bureau (Zelenodolsk, Tatarstan). Designed to perform escort tasks, patrolling coastal waters, patrol service. Total displacement 1930 (according to other data, 2090) t, length 102,1 meters, width 13,76 m, draft 4,4 m. Speed full speed to 28 knots, cruising range of about 3500 miles. Power diesel gas turbine power plant of 34 thousand liters. with. (61D diesel engine capacity of 8 thousand liters. pp. and two gas turbine engine to 13 thousand liters. pp. each).

Armament: missile system "Uranus", including 8 launchers, anti-ship missile 3M24 (range up to 130 km), 76-mm artillery installation AK-176 and two 30-millimeter artillery guns are AK-630M, anti-aircraft missile system "Osa-MA2. The crew of 109 people (including 21 officers).

July 12, 2002 in the RF Navy entered the lead ship of the project - "Tatarstan". Currently, the Defense Russia to build another similar patrol.

"Dagestan"
    Construct OAO Zelenodolsk Plant. Gorky (Zelenodolsk, Tatarstan). Serial number 952. Laid down in 1992 (under the name MRS-201), launched in 2007. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2009.

Small artillery ship project 21630 "Brawler"

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 2 Pic_08_b

A Zelenodolsk design bureau. Designed for patrol and protection of coastal waters. Full displacement 500 tons, length 62 m, width 9,6 m, draft 2 m. The speed full speed 26-29 knots, range 1500 miles. Power diesel power plant about 10 thousand (according to other data, 16 thousand) liters. with. (two engines M507D). It is expected that, beginning with the third ship of this type, "Brawler" will be equipped with diesel-gas turbine power plant (gas turbine engine M75RU capacity of 7 thousand liters. Pp.)

Armament: 100-mm artillery plant A-190 and two 30-millimeter artillery guns are AK-306, 122-mm multiple rocket launchers "Grad-M, anti-aircraft missile launcher" flexible ". The crew of 48 people (including 5 officers).

September 1, 2006 in the RF Navy entered the lead ship of the project - "Astrakhan". Currently under construction are two "Skipper", announced an order for a total of 10 such ships.

"Volgodonsk"
    Construct JSC Shipbuilding Company "Almaz" (St. Petersburg). Serial number 702. Laid down 23 February 2005. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2010. Previously, was named Caspian.

"Makhachkala"
    Construct JSC Shipbuilding Company "Almaz". Serial number 703. Laid down 24 March 2006. Delivery of the Navy announced in 2010.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:53 am