Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity

calripson

Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity - Page 2 Empty No Need for Heaven and Hell

Post  calripson on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Mathematically, there is no need for Heaven and Hell: the existence of one creates the condition of the other. Infinite timeless pleasure vs. infinite timeless pain.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity

Post  miketheterrible on Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:40 am

Nothing in math states that because there isn't any knowledge in heaven or hell. Everyone has a different viewpoint of what it may be after we die. For most, it's spirituality and heaven and hell are something else - be it a realm or an idea. Hell concept is a King James creation while in old testament it was the abyss - eternal darkness.  Heaven was that you are forever with God. Nothing stayed was pure pleasure. Just that your soul is forever with our Creator.  Other religions like Hinduism believe similar but in the God that the individual worships - be it Shiva, Hanuman, Krishna, etc. Spirituality by others like believed in Japan is your soul just goes with everyone else to another structure much like Christianity has with Purgatory where it's more or less the world we live in now (hence the belief in ghosts and what other stuff).

I believe in a God of sort. Which God? Don't know as I'm agnostic. I believe something created us and only because what I learned in Math of probability sure points that chance and probability of what is now is less chance than winning the lottery by a grand scale.

But as to what happens to us after we die? Don't know. I think we continue but not in what we all may think.

To state what we know is bullshit simply because we don't.  There is faith and I have mine as some have theirs in having faith there is nothing. To state that "Mathematics states that...." Is horseshit and is just flat out lying.  Chance and probability are only two aspects of math that are real in explaining a situation. And since H & H are faith based it's nearly impossible to calculate. Probably on same terms as the big bang. Maybe even less.
    kvs
    kvs

Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Orthodox Church and Christianity

Post  kvs on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:10 am

The problem with religion (as opposed to spirituality and the potential for supernatural) is that it is a bunch of regular humans acting
    like they have a direct line to a deity. No amount of holy books and ritualistic enactment gives any evidence for the existence of
    this or that deity. It is all subjective and should not dominate human acceptance of this reality.

What gets under my skin is some clown like one of the Catholic bishops in Central America telling the poor masses that this "temporal"
    existence does not matter (i.e. it would not matter even if they were slaves) and it is only the precious afterlife that counts. This
    is pure BS, obnoxious and reeking of pig excrement. To claim that this "temporal" reality is some pop quiz for human souls is
    grotesque. The deity is clearly sadistic if it is OK for slavery and suffering all life long just as long as you die right. The above
    quoted preacher is dancing around this problem by somehow fobbing off suffering onto Satan. According to the Bible Satan is
    locked up and Satan being an angel was created by God and could have been erased by Him. Christianity hides behind the
    "Lord works in mysterious" ways fig leaf but that only makes its message weak. The omnipotent and omniscient God could have
    made Satan's prison total so then there would be no excuse about misery in the "temporal" reality being all the work of the Devil.
    No it is, by definition, the work of God.

Peddling a potentiality in lieu of cold hard reality is the biggest sin of all. The afterlife cannot be established so the squandering
    of this life is inexcusable.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 am

Technically a priest sole job was to just help people understand gods words. Wasn't they had some direct link. Down the line corruption took over and these people felt they had more powers than anything else.

And I believe the test that God overlooks as per the faith indicates was simply to live life as what one classifies as a good person based upon the 10 commandments. Suffering isn't one of those. Suffering was supposed to be Christ's punishment for mankind and not mankind itself.

So much has been skewed over thousands of years that very few know or remember the nitty gritty of how it was supposed to work. Corruption takes over.

Regarding the morning star, dunno about him/her/it. In some scriptures it forever floats in the abyss. Mankind's faults are of its own just like the faults of anything else.

I have faith in a form of this isn't the end. But telling people "hey, take the punch to the face in good faith and follow what everyone else is doing so you'll go to heaven" is bullshit. Yeah, a lot of preachers spread that crap.

Then religion also used for evil such as in Ukraine.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:11 pm

The main temple of the Armed Forces of Russia. Absolutely stunning and monumental! Shocked

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Excellent progress and I love the colour scheme and the museum elements in the orbiting buildings.

All the fucks who pour excrement on this monument expose themselves to be the vermin that they are.

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:10 pm

beautiful
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:45 pm

Amazingly beautiful.

I must visit this holy place in my lifetime.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:04 am

Heard Roy Jones Jr. paid a visit to it

A bit random.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:44 am

flamming_python wrote:Heard Roy Jones Jr. paid a visit to it

A bit random.

Tourism
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm

kvs wrote:Excellent progress and I love the colour scheme and the museum elements in the orbiting buildings.  

All the fucks who pour excrement on this monument expose themselves to be the vermin that they are.

The progress has been remarkable, most of which has been done with a 1 and half year time span. Now I'm not surprised the construction of Covid-19 hospitals was so rapid, timely and efficient!

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon May 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Updated video, with even more stunning portions of the church not shown prior. The additional portions shown make it look better than most Western amusement parks! thumbsup

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am

It is a work of art. Truely a masterpiece. Only other form of religious work that was able to get the same emotions out of me was Michelangelo's Pieta and Sistine Chapel
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:53 am

The ROC had its many ups & downs: 
    https://lenta.ru/articles/2020/10/25/antigod/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:20 pm