Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Good morning all

Cheetah
    Cheetah

Good morning all Empty Good morning all

Post  Cheetah Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Good morning gentlemen and ladies, at least that's the time here in Aus.

I am a long time observer of the forum and am greatly pleased, and often entertained with the content of the discussions. I'm not sure how much I will add to your forum, but I look forward to getting acquainted with you all and engaging in discussions where I can.
    I've no military background of any sort, but rather am just an avid follower of military related topics, especially those related to the Russian federation  russia . In spite of this, I'll attempt to keep any bias to a minimum Wink

As for hobbies, it's military flight sims for me. i am an obsessive Su-27 pilot in DCS (IMO the most beautiful bird in the sky, along with its many family members)

Once again, pleasure to meet you all, see you in the forums.

PS: I've some questions about the forum's functionality (my experience with forums is limited). Linking videos, pictures, creating quotes, things of that nature. I could use some pointers in regards to those things. Perhaps there is a topic within the forum already explaining such things?
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Good morning all Empty Re: Good morning all

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:17 pm

welcome Cheetah.

Linking images or embedding is fairly straight forward, although there are rules around hotlinking which I am not too clear on.
    Videos, generally from youtube, are as easy as clicking the "YouTube" button and inputting the video's URL (address).

The quoting system can get a little finicky, but you can mess around with it and use the "preview button" next to the "send" button to get it to a point where you are happy before posting it.
    Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Pleasure to meet you OminousSpudd

thanks for the info, it should make things easier.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:36 am

welcome Smile

I had a small tutorial on putting images in your posts here but the system has been changed so it is no longer relevant.

Very simply, if you want to post an image here don't link directly to images on webpages on the internet. That is called hotlinking and can be very annoying for the host site of the image because you are using their servers to host the image but when someone looks at the image here they are not visiting the site it is hosted on.

So the host hard drive stores the image and is accessed when the image is viewed but they get no traffic on their site which means no revenue from advertisers etc.

To post an image here you need to copy it to your hard drive and then use the options in the insert image dialog screen to upload the image to an image hosting site and then paste that link in your post.

I will make a tutorial with screen shots tomorrow to show you and others how... it is actually rather straight forward. Smile
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:13 am

welcome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:14 am