Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Vann7
arpakola
NationalRus
jhelb
Viktor
elevonic
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
Dima
chinggis
wilhelm
Erk
Bolt
KiloGolf
AlfaT8
Isos
Hannibal Barca
short_fuze
KoTeMoRe
franco
sepheronx
ultron
Boban
GarryB
zorobabel
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Godric
Boshoed
Shadåw
Solncepek
par far
Neutrality
Karl Haushofer
Airbornewolf
Walther von Oldenburg
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
PapaDragon
Cyrus the great
Monarchist
zg18
max steel
auslander
DerWolf
BKP
TheArmenian
JohninMK
Big_Gazza
Zivo
VladimirSahin
magnumcromagnon
Aldin_Aba
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Werewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
medo
HUNTER VZLA
65 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #6

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:57 pm

George1 wrote:ISIS TRAPPED after SAA took *Balat, *Balat silos, *Za'alanah, *Um Turaykiyah. *Aleppo thermal station also LIBERATED

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 Cbqi2ZhXIAAEz24

''Yo, pop!!! What do we do with all them pigs yonder?''

''Fire up the grill sonny boy, it's barbecue time!!!'' Twisted Evil
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Interesting recent documentary of Syria and one special force unit..
    is a two part video.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Oy Vey, Failed strikes, quagmire, gas station with rusty nukes. And still kicking ass and taking names. M'y kind of autocracy.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:37 pm

From Peto Lucem

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 DXWxlzY
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:52 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    From Peto Lucem

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 DXWxlzY

So Kuwieies is well on its way to being re-established as an SAF airbase.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:48 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/america-is-now-fighting-a-proxy-war-with-itself-in-syria#.aa6vKdX37

Idiots and their toys are easily parted.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Video of the NDF and SAA capturing the Aleppo Power Plant;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PSf3rQz5KI&feature=youtu.be
    ultron

Post  ultron Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Assad says he is ready to have ceasefire with rebel forces, provided rebel forces do not exploit the ceasefire.

https://twitter.com/News_Executive/status/701155066363912192
    ultron

Post  ultron Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Sani mortars in action in liberation of Kinsibba cheers

battle in Daraa province

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 am

Look at how readily ATGMs are used for all kind of roles, including for the antipersonnel role.

This is quite interesting as I have always been convinced that the Russians definitely have for long deployed general-purpose infantry guided missiles (GPIGM) for general-purpose roles on the battlefield.

These missiles would

1- be lighter than the lightest ATGMs,
    2- have a smaller multipurpose warhead,
    3- have a range at least slightly better than sniper rifles, and
    4- be relatively fast.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:46 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Look at how readily ATGMs are used for all kind of roles, including for the antipersonnel role.

This is quite interesting as I have always been convinced that the Russians definitely have for long deployed general-purpose infantry guided missiles (GPIGM) for general-purpose roles on the battlefield.

These missiles would

4- be relatively fast.

I've always had the impression that the Spigot/Spandrel, and later Saxhorn/Spriggan duos served exactly that purpose in Eastern Armies. The first as shorter-legged solution to armored and hardened targets, as well as infantry concentrations and the second as a long-range anti-armor spear. Coincidentally we do use both Spigots and Spriggans in our Army (strictly mounted on 4x4s tho).

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:04 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Look at how readily ATGMs are used for all kind of roles, including for the antipersonnel role.

These missiles would

4- be relatively fast.

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 Navy-5-lb-missle-inline

Orr what about something like this. USN Spike, basically can be integrated in any platform you wish.
    ultron

Post  ultron Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:47 am

SAA needs better guns. AK-74, Kord. Progress is still way too slow. They need to wrap this up before the end of the year.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:04 am

Konkurs does the job well enough. Question is if they are available with HE-F/Thermobaric warheads, but i kind off doubt it.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:07 am

ultron wrote:SAA needs better guns. AK-74, Kord. Progress is still way too slow. They need to wrap this up before the end of the year.

None of the mods are apparently online now. However, I think a good guideline for swiftly banning a troll's IP should be if the troll's post is at a level that the post can be generated by any 3-year-old. The Ultron post quoted here can serve as a good example.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    ultron wrote:SAA needs better guns. AK-74, Kord. Progress is still way too slow. They need to wrap this up before the end of the year.

None of the mods are apparently online now. However, I think a good guideline for swiftly banning a troll's IP should be if the troll's post is at a level that the post can be generated by any 3-year-old. The Ultron post quoted here can serve as a good example.

I still don't get why only some accounts are banned of suspects that are already caught by several people to have supposedley several accounts.

IP ban should be standard for trolls, since MP net closed the quality of this forum fall significantly down, before it was a rich pool of information now it is TRE (Troll Rich Environment).
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 am

Werewolf wrote:

I still don't get why only some accounts are banned of suspects that are already caught by several people to have supposedley several accounts.

IP ban should be standard for trolls, since MP net closed the quality of this forum fall significantly down, before it was a rich pool of information now it is TRE (Troll Rich Environment).

X2

I agree with every one of your points.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 am

Militarov wrote:

These missiles would

4- be relatively fast.

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 28 Navy-5-lb-missle-inline

Orr what about something like this. USN Spike, basically can be integrated in any platform you wish.

Le's say that given the two previous fiascos of SAL/OG (Sraaw and Javelin) I'd be cautions of any claim of the kind.
    Also the system seems less capable than the Switchblade for instance. Although the need for the US to have a more accordable system, I really have m'y doubts about two Things.

1. Weight.
    2. EFP logiciel. If you go for a MP round, the EFP will simply be either too potent, either ineffective.especially with an RPG warhead.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:23 am

Werewolf wrote:

There's at least one who has multiple accounts, he's easy to spot via his diction. I see one got banned yesterday but I don't know if monitor banned one of his accounts or all of them.

I am all for exchanging information and thoughts but the multiple just posts, as stated, statements worthy of a 3 year old. I honestly think the troll is about 15 years, either that or he has some serious cognitive issues.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:40 am

auslander wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

There's at least one who has multiple accounts, he's easy to spot via his diction. I see one got banned yesterday but I don't know if monitor banned one of his accounts or all of them.

I am all for exchanging information and thoughts but the multiple just posts, as stated, statements worthy of a 3 year old. I honestly think the troll is about 15 years, either that or he has some serious cognitive issues.  

i enjoy reading these forums they are very informative when you live in Western Europe and it is wall to wall Russia = Bad, Putin = Devil and Assad = Evil

their is a flip coin having to put some on ignore for posting *rap and i feel i will be adding Vann to that list

on Sky News this morning they were claiming along with Amnesty International that Russia was guilty of war crimes and Russia was purposely targeting civilian areas ... i was bloody raging where was the criticism from this group when the West was bombing Serbian and Montenegrin cities, towns and villages, the Bombing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya among others
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am

ultron wrote:Assad says he is ready to have ceasefire with rebel forces, provided rebel forces do not exploit the ceasefire.

Of course it will be exploited. This ceasefire is just another stupid "Minsk agreement".

And today the "moderates" killed over 60 people in Homs with car bombing. "Ceasefires" are useless against these people.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:32 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    ultron wrote:Assad says he is ready to have ceasefire with rebel forces, provided rebel forces do not exploit the ceasefire.

Of course it will be exploited. This ceasefire is just another stupid "Minsk agreement".

And today the "moderates" killed over 60 people in Homs with car bombing. "Ceasefires" are useless against these people.

Replying to yourself cheers
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:52 am

Militarov wrote:

These missiles would

4- be relatively fast.

"Spike" doesn't meet the 3rd and the 4th requirements. Especially, its "real", "potential" performance figures, as opposed to the "published" figures, will fall substantially short of the 3rd and the 4th requirements. Its "potential" speed would be well below Mach 0.5 and its "potential" range below 500 m.

The missiles I was referring to would have a real range of around 2 km and would be supersonic, possibly close to Mach 2.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Godric wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

i enjoy reading these forums they are very informative when you live in Western Europe and it is wall to wall Russia = Bad, Putin = Devil and Assad = Evil

their is a flip coin having to put some on ignore for posting *rap and i feel i will be adding Vann to that list

on Sky News this morning they were claiming along with Amnesty International that Russia was guilty of war crimes and Russia was purposely targeting civilian areas ... i was bloody raging where was the criticism from this group when the West was bombing Serbian and Montenegrin cities, towns and villages, the Bombing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya among others

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Werewolf wrote:

Konkurs does the job well enough. Question is if they are available with HE-F/Thermobaric warheads, but i kind off doubt it.

I dont think so either, but you could for an example use on them warhead from 9M14-2F Malytka, Serbians were testing use of that same modified warhead on Fagot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 am