Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
eehnie
GunshipDemocracy
yavar
nomadski
Azi
Manov
0nillie0
Giulio
kvs
franco
George1
starman
Benya
GarryB
ATLASCUB
Arctic_Fox
JohninMK
Isos
KoTeMoRe
archangelski
calm
Skandalwitwe
miketheterrible
Khepesh
Cowboy's daughter
Erk
MMBR
Godric
Admin
AK-Rex
przemek
Big_Gazza
Gunfighter-AK
airstrike
zorobabel
Glowtop
medo
VladimirSahin
victor1985
magnumcromagnon
ultron
JohnSnow
OminousSpudd
AlfaT8
short_fuze
Bolt
TheArmenian
zepia
higurashihougi
KiloGolf
Vann7
crod
wilhelm
Heartbeer
Zivo
HUNTER VZLA
Neutrality
mack8
max steel
sheytanelkebir
sepheronx
Solncepek
Cyberspec
Dima
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kadmos45
zg18
Werewolf
ExBeobachter1987
Bidoul
Fred333
Hannibal Barca
d_taddei2
Shadåw
PapaDragon
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
81 posters

Yemeni Conflict: News #2

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Yemeni Conflict: News #2

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:03 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:http://www.thenational.ae/world/middle-east/ship-heading-for-yemen-with-uae-supplies-sinks-off-oman

Natural causes only...
    That below waterline valve really should have had a sign in Filipino not Arabic.

Strange that the crew were last seen divvying up some gold coins. Shocked
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:27 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I read on 4chan /pol section that had a thread going on the Yemen conflict, and Saudi Arabia was claiming (or was claimed via wikipedia stats) that they only lost 20 M1A2 tanks.  I know some called it out saying it is crap and I think it is too.  They lost way more.  But it is funny to see how Saudi Arabia, with being the second largest spender in USD terms on military and all on western equipment, is getting spanked real hard by rebels and Yemen army who were not as "well equipped" as Saudi's are.

20 are the tanks that need replacement, which means written off. The tanks hit and recovered are about twice that.

I do not think this number right. The Saudis are doing the same that the Ukranians, and surely the Turks will do the same too.

For me all them have the same credibility
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 am

JohninMK wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I read on 4chan /pol section that had a thread going on the Yemen conflict, and Saudi Arabia was claiming (or was claimed via wikipedia stats) that they only lost 20 M1A2 tanks.  I know some called it out saying it is crap and I think it is too.  They lost way more.  But it is funny to see how Saudi Arabia, with being the second largest spender in USD terms on military and all on western equipment, is getting spanked real hard by rebels and Yemen army who were not as "well equipped" as Saudi's are.

A lot of people talk smack about SAA's competency, but it's far more complex than that. In comparison check out the Saudi-Might military and it's clown-car tactics (as demonstrated at 14:55 of the first video in my last post), it's truly eye-watering lol!
    That's a bit harsh, the Saudi Army may be incompetent but I wouldn't have called this clown car tactics, that was an overloaded technical with too much weight in the back causing lack of control due to over-light steering. Done that, but I wasn't potentially under fire so I could take it careful, they couldn't, they had to step on it! Probably a case of trying to save as many of their mates as possible before the Flip-Flops got them. Mind you the technical later in the video seemed to have been caught with a load of 'mates' in the back. Wonder if it was the same one, or the one behind it.

Looking at the video, the comment can be pretty accurate.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:28 am

eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

20 are the tanks that need replacement, which means written off. The tanks hit and recovered are about twice that.

I do not think this number right. The Saudis are doing the same that the Ukranians, and surely the Turks will do the same too.

From the Yemeni videos 20 tanks (M1A2's) is exactly what they have irremediably lost. Then you have a series of M60's, but those cannot get repairs or replacement, that's why they're getting NEW Abrams on top of those 20 replacements. Read the contract. We're talking about 80 MBT's with their ARV's.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:00 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

From the Yemeni videos 20 tanks (M1A2's) is exactly what they have irremediably lost. Then you have a series of M60's, but those cannot get repairs or replacement, that's why they're getting NEW Abrams on top of those 20 replacements. Read the contract. We're talking about 80 MBT's with their ARV's.

Keep in mind not every Houthi will carry a camera with them...they have to prioritize on importance: food, khat, sandals, ammo, more khat, more sandals, more ammo, then a camera for propaganda!

Also were not even talking about total armor loss in all forms, really just MBT's here.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Keep in mind not every Houthi will carry a camera with them...they have to prioritize on importance: food, khat, sandals, ammo, more khat, more sandals, more ammo, then a camera for propaganda!

Also were not even talking about total armor loss in all forms, really just MBT's here.

Actually its very simple.

They need 153 new tanks and 23 ARV's.

They cite 20 tanks are BFR. While also asking 133 tanks more. This is because they cannot replace M60's by M60's (there's almost no more stock of those). So the real losses of MBT are over 20, the losses of Abrams tanks are are pretty much dead on.

eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

They cite 20 tanks are BFR. While also asking 133 tanks more. This is because they cannot replace M60's by M60's (there's almost no more stock of those). So the real losses of MBT are over 20, the losses of Abrams tanks are are pretty much dead on.

You put too much credit in the words of the Saudi government. I do not know why.

Obviously they, the Saudis, can not deny what is viewed by all, and this is why the exact number of their accepted loses is just the number of tanks that appear burning in public videos. But this is not true for sure. I do not think the Houtis have more cameras than the Novorussians, and see the difference between the Ukranian loses and the number of Ukranian tanks filmed burning.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:44 pm

eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

You put too much credit in the words of the Saudi government. I do not know why.

Obviously they, the Saudis, can not deny what is viewed by all, and this is why the exact number of their accepted loses is just the number of tanks that appear burning in public videos. But this is not true for sure. I do not think the Houtis have more cameras than the Novorussians, and see the difference between the Ukranian loses and the number of Ukranian tanks filmed burning.

Jesus, I don't put more confidence to their words, but to what they have demanded GDLS. They have demanded 20 BFR and 130+ more tanks. This means:

1. They haven't got their total strength in the area for the tank units engaged in Northern Yemen.
    2. They don't want to keep the M60's to the Area as they are total liabilities.
    3. Those M60 will be replaced by M1's anyway. This means both as in kind replacement and Orbat replacement.

I don't need to be paranoid about the KSA words, I know they've lost more tanks than 20, just all tanks weren't Abrams.

Also comparing Ukraine to Yemen is dumb. In Ukraine the Ugrainians lost a lot of tanks in mechanized warfare, including traktorist battalion from Mordor plowing the whole rear guard of Ugraine's finest and destroying more tanks in an afternoon than Yemenis have posted all year long. Unlike VSN, Yemen hasn't got a big brother over the border that can put tanks and bodies on the line.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Jesus, I don't put more confidence to their words, but to what they have demanded GDLS. They have demanded 20 BFR and 130+ more tanks. This means:

1. They haven't got their total strength in the area for the tank units engaged in Northern Yemen.
    3. Those M60 will be replaced by M1's anyway. This means both as in kind replacement and Orbat replacement.

I don't need to be paranoid about the KSA words, I know they've lost more tanks than 20, just all tanks weren't Abrams.

Also comparing Ukraine to Yemen is dumb. In Ukraine the Ugrainians lost a lot of tanks in mechanized warfare, including traktorist battalion from Mordor plowing the whole rear guard of Ugraine's finest and destroying more tanks in an afternoon than Yemenis have posted all year long. Unlike VSN, Yemen hasn't got a big brother over the border that can put tanks and bodies on the line.

I was not talking about tactics here, we are talking about the houthis supposedly being able to film every attack to the Abrams and being able to put the material in the worlds media, something that obviosly the Novorrussians were not able to do.

It is obvious that not all the tanks destroyed are Abrams, but if you pretend to say that all the hits  to Abrams by the Houthis have been filmed and successfully put in the worlds media, you are wrong sorry.

The Abrams also fall, and in bigger numbers than what you said. The NATO standards are also in question.

Many people think the Houthis are a group of a few mountain inhabitants, but this war is reproducing the former North Yemen - South Yemen division, and the territory controled by the Houthis (shii) would be most of the former North Yemen. Note that today, the former North Yemen would have 20.341 million inhabitants, while the former South Yemen would have 4.186 inhabitants. This is why the houthis are not being defeated as easily. Saudi Arabia has 32.248 million inhabitants. For the Houthis is about survive, and Saudi Arabia has many people to kill to dominate them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Divided_Yemen.svg
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Yemeni_Civil_War.svg
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Video: Yemeni Houthi fighters fire a long-range ballistic missile at Saudi Arabia

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/02/video-yemeni-houthi-fighters-fire-a-long-range-ballistic-missile-at-saudi-arabia/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:35 pm

eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I was not talking about tactics here, we are talking about the houthis supposedly being able to film every attack to the Abrams and being able to put the material in the worlds media, something that obviosly the Novorrussians were not able to do.

It is obvious that not all the tanks destroyed are Abrams, but if you pretend to say that all the hits  to Abrams by the Houthis have been filmed and successfully put in the worlds media, you are wrong sorry.

The Abrams also fall, and in bigger numbers than what you said. The NATO standards are also in question.

Many people think the Houthis are a group of a few mountain inhabitants, but this war is reproducing the former North Yemen - South Yemen division, and the territory controled by the Houthis (shii) would be most of the former North Yemen. Note that today, the former North Yemen would have 20.341 million inhabitants, while the former South Yemen would have 4.186 inhabitants. This is why the houthis are not being defeated as easily. Saudi Arabia has 32.248 million inhabitants. For the Houthis is about survive, and Saudi Arabia has many people to kill to dominate them.

What the hell are you talking about. I'm talking about Tanks destroyed by Houthis and the numbers asked by Saudi arabia. You're talking about god knows what.

As far as we know The 20 M1A2SA tanks destroyed are correct. Although more than 20 tanks have been destroyed.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:18 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

What the hell are you talking about. I'm talking about Tanks destroyed by Houthis and the numbers asked by Saudi arabia. You're talking about god knows what.

As far as we know The 20 M1A2SA tanks destroyed are correct. Although more than 20 tanks have been destroyed.

I do not buy these numbers. I do not buy things based on Saudi Arabian or American information.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:39 am

Yemeni ballistic missiles Burkan 1

Huthis with allies presented and launched at targets in Saudi Arabia rocket called Burkan-1 ( "Vulcan-1"). As stated, it is modified Scud-type missiles with a range of up to 800 km. and about 500 kg warhead. It is very likely that this modification of the North Korean missiles "Hwaseong-6" and Iranian "Shahab-2" with reduced warhead. In principle, it is known that Yemen has purchased in North Korea for its missile complexes "Elbrus". A standard "Shahab-2" (a copy of Hwaseong-6), a range of 500 km at a mass of 747 kg warhead. In principle, even a reduction in weight of the warhead by a third, we can significantly increase the maximum range of the missile, although probably not to the 800 km. However, these changes represent a non-trivial task in the conditions of Yemen, under the Saudi bombings.

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 723589_1000

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 Nvcysw

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 14215444_688674717964121_311625043_o

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 14215427_688674701297456_290082534_o

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 14163912_688674704630789_882993962_o

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 21 14233296_688674734630786_1051106625_o

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2104063.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Saudi Armed Forces Repel Attack of Yemeni Houthi Militants Near Border

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160904/1044948546/border-saudis-attack.html
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:00 pm

George1 wrote:Saudi Armed Forces Repel Attack of Yemeni Houthi Militants Near Border

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160904/1044948546/border-saudis-attack.html

Means KSA forces managed to escape alive from the attack.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Six al-Qaeda members killed in drone strike in Yemen

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/06/six-al-qaeda-members-killed-in-drone-strike-in-yemen/

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:53 pm

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 am

George1 wrote:
    Perfect, the Saudis will enjoy being killed by women. There must be something in the good book about that.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:02 am

JohninMK wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    Perfect, the Saudis will enjoy being killed by women. There must be something in the good book about that.
    Yep, somewhere in the Koran there is something along the lines of "get killed by a woman, no afterlife for you" I am sure.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:05 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote: Yep, somewhere in the Koran there is something along the lines of "get killed by a woman, no afterlife for you" I am sure.

and no 50 vigin goats or sheeps? yuck What a Face What a Face What a Face
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Video: Houthis annhilate the Saudi Army in Saudi's Asir region

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/11/video-houthis-annhilate-the-saudi-army-in-saudis-asir-region/
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

airstrike wrote:Video: Houthis annhilate the Saudi Army in Saudi's Asir region

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/11/video-houthis-annhilate-the-saudi-army-in-saudis-asir-region/

...Whoa check out that trick shot at 13:15 the #KhatsOutDaBag
    Gunfighter-AK
    Gunfighter-AK

Post  Gunfighter-AK Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:33 am

It's a stretch, due to grainy Akbar footage, but might there be any insignias on the Abrams lost by S.A. that can be tracked / listed for confirmations?
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:40 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:Video: Houthis annhilate the Saudi Army in Saudi's Asir region

...Whoa check out that trick shot at 13:15 the #KhatsOutDaBag

The Saudi's look completely and utterly disorganised, incapable of defending nor do they appear to have the capacity to counter-attack.

Are these attacks actually occurring inside Saudi Arabia? Why/how are they not able to scramble jets/helis to counter-attack? Haven't they a shed a load of hardware from the US and even Israel, drones included? Somebody somewhere within the establishment must be getting concerned by all this???!

Last edited by crod on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : syntax)
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 am

Only one logical explanation: God is on the Houthi side Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:05 am