Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

Fred333
    Fred333

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  Fred333 Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:22 pm

ultron wrote:When Putin saw the battle map yesterday he was not impressed with the crappy Syrian army's tiny advances since Russian air ops began so Putin readies ground ops in Syria.

https://twitter.com/lifenews_ru/status/666907936954916864

https://twitter.com/ura_ru/status/666925851422887936

I have a direct line with Putin as well and he today said to me he is very content with progress so far. Oh, what's that Vladi? Ah he also says he is not pleased with your framing methods and knows where you live.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Syrian Army Is Advancing on All Fronts

Chief of Russian Armed Forces General Staff reports to Putin major advances by the Syrian military made possible by Russian air strikes.

http://russia-insider.com/en/syrian-army-advancing-all-fronts/ri11239

General Gerasimov, Russia's top general, gave a little noticed briefing to Putin on Tuesday.

He provided Putin with a detailed overview of the progress of the Syrian army's offensive.

General Gerasimov is the Chief of the Russian Armed Forces General Staff.

Anything he says about the military situation in Syria - especially in a public report to Putin - should be treated as far more reliable than anything said on the subject by anyone else.

Here is what General Gerasimov said:

“In the north, in the province of Aleppo, the Syrian army has liberated 40 residential areas, with the government forces deblocking the Kweiris airbase and currently expanding the security zone around the airport.

The offensive at Idlib is developing successfully: Syrian troops are currently conducting active offensive operations 20–30 km from the city.

In the coastal province of Lattakia, militants have been chased out of 12 residential areas.

Government forces and militia assault teams are involved in fierce fighting for the city of Salma.

On the divide between Gbana and Gmam, they have managed to secure a number of tactical heights and residential areas. Despite the militants’ heavy resistance, the Syrian troops continue their advance.

In the centre of the country, an offensive by government troops and militia units resulted in the capture of the village of Haddad and the blockade of the militants in the town of Mhin.

The Syrian army continues its offensive towards Palmira. Since the beginning of active operations, the assault teams have advanced up to 4 km, blocking terrorists in the village of Maksam, and are currently fighting for the high points on the city’s fringes.

Near Damascus, fierce city fighting continues to liberate the districts of Jaubar and Eastern Guta from the militants.

For the first time in the four years of combat action, the Syrian army has liberated 80 residential areas, taking control over a territory of more than 500 square kilometres.”

This information fills in details previously provided sketchily either by the Syrians or from news reports.

It confirms that the Syrian army is making major gains and is advancing on all fronts.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Came across this very nice video by a SAA soldier.

Also found this link in the comments
    https://www.facebook.com/ForMotherSyria
    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 3 12227156_716611785106676_6618329019247165611_n
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:11 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Btw Soleimani never drives around in white Hi-Lux/Land Defender style of cars. He rolls around in sedans, this has been the major concern to people who went with him. It's risky frisky whenever he decides to move around.

Kind of interesting he managed to stay alive for so long then.

It's all about loose lips killing peeps.
    He is actually very smart with his choice of transport. The car he chooses will just merge in with others, bit like the US President's motorcade where he could be in one of a few vehicles in it. It would need an A-10 not a TOW. Anyway travelling in a tank, APC or armoured SUV is no real protection. Bet he goes on a motorbike as well!
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 pm

he would be a cool grandpa if he didn't have this nasty beliefsystem and a history of suppressing secular dissent in Iran
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 pm

ultron wrote:When Putin saw the battle map yesterday he was not impressed with the crappy Syrian army's tiny advances since Russian air ops began so Putin readies ground ops in Syria.

Iam with ultron this time.

IMHO until the end of the year we will see in Syria russian mercenaries and regular chechen troops...
    And this could be only the beginning...(dependent upon acquisitions on the terrain).
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Some extremists trying to shoot down a fighter jet with a machine gun.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:47 pm

I would have expected Putin to at least stick to his position for 6 months, before going back on his word.

Hopefully this is just the private initiative/idea of Zhirinovsky and other attention seekers in our circus of a parliament. I may have my disagreements with the course of my government but I at least consider our leaders to be respectful people with solid, honest positions on various issues, not the sort that would lie to their people so blatantly or cynically exploit public outrage over a terrorist attack.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:54 am

USAF video of A-10 tanker turkey shoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXvrfmzH05M
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 am

For what it's worth, I'm seeing more pro-Russia, and pro-Putin posts on my facebook.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:00 am

flamming_python wrote:

I would have expected Putin to at least stick to his position for 6 months, before going back on his word.

Hopefully this is just the private initiative/idea of Zhirinovsky and other attention seekers in our circus of a parliament. I may have my disagreements with the course of my government but I at least consider our leaders to be respectful people with solid, honest positions on various issues, not the sort that would lie to their people so blatantly or cynically exploit public outrage over a terrorist attack.

Ura.ru isn't exactly a reliable source and the Life news article doesn't say anything about Russian ground troops....I guess they'll do whatever they think is necessary to achieve their goals.

-----

Fighting for the town of Maheen going on atm....the one that caused so much crap here when it fell to the rats back in October

Syrian Armed Forces Capture Hawareen and Enter the Strategic Town of Maheen
    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syriatown-of-maheen/

Initial (unverified) report, but important if confirmed since these villages are right next to Deir Hafir....the last major ISIS stronghold in the area

Breaking news: just got word the Tiger Forces captured Tal Humaymah, Umm Zilaylah, Tal Ayyoub, and Umm Al-Marra near Kuweires Airport.
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/667209028444008448

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 3 CUJriC-WcAArvvN
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:06 am

I cant remember where I was reading it, might have been on ria.ru, but pretty much the statement is that there wont be boots on the ground.  What they mean by cannot just fight in air, is that they will have full contact with the Syrian Arab Army and the NDF.  My understanding is the NDF may very well be that force.  I understand the NDF is an Iranian initiative but I believe it was posted here where NDF forces were trained by Russians and heavily armed by them as well.  Or it could be special units within SAA like the Tigers and the Cheetah units.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:15 am

U.S. Senator to President al-Assad: War on Syria was an unlawful war of aggression

Hmm.  Wonder how real this is.  If it is true, kudos.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 am

sepheronx wrote:I cant remember where I was reading it, might have been on ria.ru, but pretty much the statement is that there wont be boots on the ground.  What they mean by cannot just fight in air, is that they will have full contact with the Syrian Arab Army and the NDF.  My understanding is the NDF may very well be that force.  I understand the NDF is an Iranian initiative but I believe it was posted here where NDF forces were trained by Russians and heavily armed by them as well.  Or it could be special units within SAA like the Tigers and the Cheetah units.

NDF = National Defense Forces.. they are civilians that were given light weapons and
    rocket grenades to defend the zones that the SAA= Syrian Arab Army clean. There are old
    people and young fighters too , FSA fighters who surrendered because of the Amnesty of Assad and gave their weapons and asked to help in the fight against ISIS also joined the NDF.

The elite forces of the SAA are the tigers and some others. but there is also special forces that its mission is intelligence and recon and infiltrate inside enemy lines..After Russia joined the war.it allowed the Syrian Army best troops to move more freely far from Damascus since Russia Airforce can cover their capital and keep the enemies of Syria in Check.

The Iranian forces are very small no more than 2,000 and they are mostly Iraquis SHia paramilitaris and aparently kurds too ,with Iranian generals leading. So its kind dissapointing the very low direct military that IRAN give to Syria . Mostly drones is the iran help ,advisors and 2,000 volunteers they recruited.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:02 am

JohninMK wrote:USAF video of A-10 tanker turkey shoot

Thanks for the video. A-10 is my favourite US aircraft, and they wanted to get rid of it and replace it with F-35. Idiotic.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:27 am

Regular wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:USAF video of A-10 tanker turkey shoot

Thanks for the video. A-10 is my favourite US aircraft, and they wanted to get rid of it and replace it with F-35. Idiotic.

Lobymotomistic
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am

Rural Damascus Ceasefire Agreement Rejected by Jaysh Al-Islam

"According to a military source in the Syrian capital, Jaysh Al-Islam rejected the 15 day ceasefire agreement after Russia demanded the aforementioned Islamist group to withdrawal from the areas around rural Damascus that were under a reconciliation agreement (i.e. Barzeh and Harasta)."

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/rural-damascusjaysh-al-islam/
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:45 am

Zivo wrote:Rural Damascus Ceasefire Agreement Rejected by Jaysh Al-Islam

"According to a military source in the Syrian capital, Jaysh Al-Islam rejected the 15 day ceasefire agreement after Russia demanded the aforementioned Islamist group to withdrawal from the areas around rural Damascus that were under a reconciliation agreement (i.e. Barzeh and Harasta)."

Time to bring them to their knees. Boys, load up the FOABs... Cool

Ahem, sorry, got a little carried away there.
    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Turkish intelligence chief: Putin's intervention in Syria is against Islam and international law, ISIS is a reality and we are optimistic about the future

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 3 14451661031

Ankara--- Hakan Fidan, the head of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known by the MİT acronym, has drawn a lot of attention and criticism for his controversial comments about ISIS.

Mr. Hakan Fidan, Turkish President's staunchest ally, condemned Russian military intervention in Syria, accusing Moscow of trying to 'smother' Syria's Islamist revolution and serious breach of United Nations law.

“ISIS is a reality and we have to accept that we cannot eradicate a well-organized and popular establishment such as the Islamic State; therefore I urge my western colleagues to revise their mindset about Islamic political currents, put aside their cynical mentalité and thwart Vladimir Putin's plans to crush Syrian Islamist revolutionaries,” Anadolu News Agency quoted Mr. Fidan as saying on Sunday.

Fidan further added that in order to deal with the vast number of foreign Jihadists craving to travel to Syria, it is imperative that ISIS must set up a consulate or at least a political office in Istanbul. He underlined that it is Turkey’s firm belief to provide medical care for all injured people fleeing Russian ruthless airstrikes regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

Recently as the fierce clashes between Russian army and ISIS terrorists raging across the war-torn Syria, countless number of ISIS injured fighters enter the Turkish territory and are being admitted in the military hospitals namely those in Hatay Province. Over the last few days, the Syrian army with the support of Russian air cover could fend off ISIS forces in strategic provinces of Homs and Hama.

Emile Hokayem, a Washington-based Middle East analyst said that Turkey's Erdoğan and his oil-rich Arab allies have dual agendas in the war on terror and as a matter of fact they are supplying the Islamist militants with weapons and money, thus Russian intervention is considered a devastating setback for their efforts to overthrow Syrian secular President Assad.

Hokayem who was speaking via Skype from Washington, D.C. highlighted the danger of Turkish-backed terrorist groups and added that what is happening in Syria cannot be categorized as a genuine and popular revolution against dictatorship but rather it is a chaos orchestrated by Erdoğan who is dreaming to revive this ancestor's infamous Ottoman Empire.

http://www.awdnews.com/top-news/turkish-intelligence-chief-putin-s-intervention-in-syria-is-against-islam-and-international-law,-isis-is-a-reality-and-we-are-optimistic-about-the-future
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Russia tried to play good cop and get SAA and rebels in eastern ghouta to do ceasefire but rebels rejected ceasefire because they are Army of Islam.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Turks are not even real muslims they are the least welcoming, friendly and hospital while every turk that comes here is almost always a fucking clishee. Arrogant, ignorant, uneducated, listens to bad germano-turk rap music of the German "Ghetto", all decrease the reputation of german cars like Mercedez and BMW, almost always speeding, driver coercion, always sweering, refuse to learn the language properly and overall have a bunch of preset things they say that are just on such low niveau that it really is painful to listen. When you have to listen to those germano-turks or full turks youth it sounds like the gibberish in Idiocracy of the dimwits after he woke up and wanted to ask what is going on and they called him gay because talked like a normal person. I highly doubt that turks behave like that in turkey otherwise they would be dealed with by other turks. Don't see such thing with persians and arabs. We have a little persian/arab part in munich that is much older than that refugee crisis.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Mind what AKP wants. AKP aims to destroy the heritage of Ataturk and turn Turkey back into an Islamic state, ruled by Sharia law. They still don't have absolute power because there is a huge group of Westernized Turks from major cities that do not allow them to go full retard - little besides that is keeping them back.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Zivo wrote:Rural Damascus Ceasefire Agreement Rejected by Jaysh Al-Islam

Its rather good. Now Russian and Syrian military need to pound them real hard when needed and if by chance anyone talks about ceasefire....RusSyria can say, we offered them earlier, but they rejected it.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 3 East-Aleppo-Map

Loss of Kuweires Airport has ISIS Retreating in East Aleppo
    November 18, 2015

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/loss-kuweires-airport-isis-retreating-east-aleppo/

Despite the departure of the Cheetah Forces, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has been heavily reinforced by Hezbollah, who has recently aided their advance at every flank surrounding the Kuweiris Military Airbase in east Aleppo.

Effectively, the Syrian Arab Air Force has been able to resume military operations from the Kuweires Airport as their jets are able to reach sufficiently high altitudes prior to encountering ISIS anti-aircraft guns.

^ Seems like the SyAAF have resumed its air ops from Kuweries. Maybe its the L-39??...or maybe the helos??
    Basing the close support attack choppers will be very useful. Hope VKS plan to deploy their Mi-24s in the near future.
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am