Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
medo
Heartbeer
wilhelm
franco
PapaDragon
Backinblack
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Dima
mack8
arpakola
victor1985
Prince Darling
marat
Karl Haushofer
Siempre_Leal
Cyrus the great
SturmGuard
crod
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
iraqidabab
GarryB
Stealthflanker
dino00
Kimppis
ult
Airbornewolf
Bolt
sepheronx
Neutrality
whir
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Bidoul
Erk
kvs
zorobabel
NationalRus
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
KoTeMoRe
par far
zg18
Kyo
ultron
George1
Cyberspec
JohninMK
Monarchist
max steel
Werewolf
Zivo
Khepesh
magnumcromagnon
KomissarBojanchev
ExBeobachter1987
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #3

Monarchist
    Monarchist

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #3

Post  Monarchist Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:SAA pulls out of the town of Morek...which was only captured a week ago

It's official: just spoke to a journalist with the 87th Brigade in Morek - the SAA withdrew from the city.
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/662007061883023360
    This war is definitely lost. It's over. SAA can't take small villages without hundred of casualties. Wahabists take cities without a fight. It's hard to say but this war is unwinnable.
    Since Russia started it's campaign Syria has lost bigger cities like Morek, Mhardeh and only taken villages. Mad
    Before I request to have you banned for trolling, care to share links of hundreds dead trying to acquire villages?  So you would rather that the stretched thin soldiers die rather than fight another day when more prepared?

You are pitiful.
    There are villages in Tartous and in Latakia without any alawite men left. SAA are taking high casualites, while deserters come to Europe to rape and pillage. They are losing the demographic war that's why they are retreating from cities without a fight.

I will ask 1 more time before I report you: I want links to the last comment.  And no, that isn't why they are retreating from a surrounded position.

Besides leaving a town, they have gained a lot of areas and also took a major highway.  That is success.  You cannot win everything and sometimes it is best to pull and and strike.
    Feel free to report me.
    They needed months to capture Morek they lost it within a couple of hours. Hundreds of casulties to capture it and lost it without a fight. Simple as that. Just like Idlib, Palmyra, Jisr-Shogour. etc.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 am

Monarchist wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:SAA pulls out of the town of Morek...which was only captured a week ago

It's official: just spoke to a journalist with the 87th Brigade in Morek - the SAA withdrew from the city.
    This war is definitely lost. It's over. SAA can't take small villages without hundred of casualties. Wahabists take cities without a fight. It's hard to say but this war is unwinnable.
    Since Russia started it's campaign Syria has lost bigger cities like Morek, Mhardeh and only taken villages. Mad
    Before I request to have you banned for trolling, care to share links of hundreds dead trying to acquire villages?  So you would rather that the stretched thin soldiers die rather than fight another day when more prepared?

You are pitiful.
    There are villages in Tartous and in Latakia without any alawite men left. SAA are taking high casualites, while deserters come to Europe to rape and pillage. They are losing the demographic war that's why they are retreating from cities without a fight.

I will ask 1 more time before I report you: I want links to the last comment.  And no, that isn't why they are retreating from a surrounded position.

Besides leaving a town, they have gained a lot of areas and also took a major highway.  That is success.  You cannot win everything and sometimes it is best to pull and and strike.
    Feel free to report me.
    They needed months to capture Morek they lost it within a couple of hours. Hundreds of casulties to capture it and lost it without a fight. Simple as that. Just like Idlib, Palmyra, Jisr-Shogour. etc.

Hundreds? I dont think so. Morek is anyways in size comparable to one average block in any bigger city, even before war it had somewhat over 10k citizens. Its tiny compared to cities you just mentioned.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

You are pitiful.

If soldiers withdraw because they are outnumbered or for any other reason, Moscow would have fallen, Stalingrad would have fallen. SAA is in no position to withdraw. They have overwhelming air power and arti support. Plus I heard they withdrew without even fighting first. You don't withdrew unless you have heavy casualties and cannot hold. Morek is a town. It's not a village. Even villages must be fought for rather than withdraw without a fight. History has shown it is very difficult to SAA to capture a town. Kafr Nabodah. Captured and lost in a day. Salma. Still not captured. Rabia. Still not captured.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

You are pitiful.

yep he is a troll officially, i tried to talk and argue with him several times now also in russian, he just is here to post hysterical posts, that all he does
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 am

Here we go again...the monarchist with his entourage waiting for every single negative report to justify their "the sky is falling" propaganda.

First of all, the Jihadis are suffering much heavier casualties over all. These local counterattacks don't mean the end of the war...and second the battle around Morek is ongoing....SAA withdrew without loses and is reportedly counterattacking....

More from #morek: #saa apparently moving around to encircle nusra-led force now inside the town. Ambitious, given that it's night time
    https://twitter.com/MuradoRT/status/662042258892529664

#Syria #Hama #Morek Latest report from #SAA soldier is #SAA #NDF trying to recapture "Point Six"
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/662038506202615809

Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:21 am

ultron wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

You are pitiful.

If soldiers withdraw because they are outnumbered or for any other reason, Moscow would have fallen, Stalingrad would have fallen. SAA is in no position to withdraw. They have overwhelming air power and arti support. Plus I heard they withdrew without even fighting first. You don't withdrew unless you have heavy casualties and cannot hold. Morek is a town. It's not a village. Even villages must be fought for rather than withdraw without a fight. History has shown it is very difficult to SAA to capture a town. Kafr Nabodah. Captured and lost in a day. Salma. Still not captured. Rabia. Still not captured.
    Sensible post but you get down voted and most likely accused of trolling. They captured Ghammam and just retreated hours later.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:21 am

Cyberspec wrote:Here we go again...the monarchist with his entourage waiting for every single negative report to justify their "the sky is falling" propaganda.

First of all, the Jihadis are suffering much heavier casualties over all. These local counterattacks don't mean the end of the war...and second the battle around Morek is ongoing....SAA withdrew without loses and is reportedly counterattacking....

More from #morek: #saa apparently moving around to encircle nusra-led force now inside the town. Ambitious, given that it's night time
    https://twitter.com/MuradoRT/status/662042258892529664

#Syria #Hama #Morek Latest report from #SAA soldier is #SAA #NDF trying to recapture "Point Six"
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/662038506202615809

For all we know it could just be a trap the SAA have set.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:25 am

If I may. I suggest a change of leadership. Russia won after Zhukov took hold of the situation. Britain won after Montgomery took hold of the situation. Syria has never replaced its military leader with someone new. The same mistake keeps being made. Withdraw after withdraw. What happens if your back is next to Damascus? Where would you withdraw? I suggest Syria change its military commander. That might work and reverse the tide of losses.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

I don't think so, going by what's being reported....over stretched is the more likely explanation
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:34 am

Cyberspec wrote:I don't think so, going by what's being reported....over stretched is the more likely explanation

That might be because Sunni Arabs are not willing to fight for Assad. It Morek were a Shia or Christian town, it would have never fallen, it would have been defended to the tooth and nail, lik Zahra and Nubl and Fua and Kafreya and Sadad have held.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:52 am

I have said this before. I will say it again. If Russia is to beat mujahids, Russia will have to deploy cruise missiles and ground forces. Artillery will be key. SAA has NO idea how to use artillery, which has proven itself the king in Donbas.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:45 am

I don't think the plan ever was for the SAA to recapture every single town and village in Syria, which is impossible under current conditions.

IMO, the plan is to pressure and weaken the rebels enough so that some of the groups abandon the fight and see it in their interest to join the negotiations.

#Syria #Hama Report from a SHAM FM Reporter #SAA #NDF Fierce battles still ongoing @ #Morek  

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 CTAZLSHUcAEi06J

---

Arrow Map of Morek and surrounding area
    http://uploads.ru/kXjKP.png

---

Hezbolah & SAA - Aleppo front

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 TDSW9
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 QhXN9
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 Ig6m7
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:59 am

Loyalist sources: #SAA counterattack at #Morek ongoing. Sev. lost points have been recaptured already. #Hama #Syria
    https://twitter.com/PetoLucem/status/662053802074357760

Not sure what these SUV mounted tubes are (Aleppo area)
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 EPghm
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:11 am

Cyberspec wrote:Loyalist sources: #SAA counterattack at #Morek ongoing. Sev. lost points have been recaptured already. #Hama #Syria
    https://twitter.com/PetoLucem/status/662053802074357760

Not sure what these SUV mounted tubes are (Aleppo area)
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 EPghm

IRAM single tube launchers IMHO
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:22 am

Siempre_Leal wrote:IRAM single tube launchers IMHO

OK...interesting

----

Can't see much, but claims that 2 rebel convoys destroyed at Morek as they were entering the town, possibly by airstrike
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 CTAlhaSWIAAilHa
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 CTAlhYAWoAAExpG
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:26 am

I don't buy there are no civilians in Morek. Sure, there were none when SAA withdrew. But this does not mean mujahids did not cram human shields into Morek after they took the town. It's not like SAA has a problem with human shields anyway. SAA shells towns regardless of human shields all the time.
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:36 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    Siempre_Leal wrote:IRAM single tube launchers IMHO

OK...interesting

----

Can't see much, but claims that 2 rebel convoys destroyed at Morek as they were entering the town, possibly by airstrike
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 CTAlhaSWIAAilHa
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 22 CTAlhYAWoAAExpG

1. Since There is Katai'b Hezbollah and other Shia groups present in south aleppo I wouldn't doubt them bringing in their favorite arsenal such as the IRAM which is widely used in Iraq.

2. Alot of mix messages from Morek, I would wait and hope for the best till the dust settles; I'm going to wait till tomorrow.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 am

ultron wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:

You are pitiful.

Oh but Russia had retreated more than once in battles in the eastern front.  And also not retreating in many other cases lead to far too many unnecessary deaths.

Maybe everyone jumped to the conclusion of Morek over a twitter post.  So lets see.

There is no way to capture every location as Cyber said.  Instead, cause as much damage to them.  This will go on for many more years.  At least if Syrian forces can seclude the areas away from the safe zones to leave a buffer zone so they can still have the safe parts of the country still operating as normal (economic development, production, trade, etc) then they will eventually overcome this issue.  But it will take lots of time and effort.

Last edited by sepheronx on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:14 am

sepheronx wrote:Oh but Russia had retreated more than once in battles in the eastern front.  And also not retreating in many other cases lead to far too many unnecessary deaths.

Russians only retreat if there are heavy losses. From what I heard, SAA retreated from Morek with absolutely ZERO casualty. This was what was highly unusual about it. I guess is it was a trick to get mujahids to come out into the open where they are vulnerable to air strikes and artillery.

BTW why don't Russia deploy Tu bombers to bomb mujahids?
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:24 am

Siempre_Leal wrote:2. Alot of mix messages from Morek,  I would wait and hope for the best till the dust settles; I'm going to wait till tomorrow.

I agree, it's still dark there (early morning)

Anyway, the pro-gov. tweets are reporting that the SAA has re-entered Morek with the help of Hezbolah and the RuAF....

Forces that retreated have reentered Morek. Source on the ground says that Russian choppers are circling the Islamist positions.
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/662079515577946112

Source on the ground said the Russian airstrikes did heavy damage to the Islamists inside Morek. A whole building collapsed with them in it
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/662077566816243712

Bit more detail here: http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syrian-army-reenters-the-strategic-town-of-morek-with-the-help-of-hezbollah/

And some encouraging news from Sadad/Maheen

The Assyrian GPF fighters are ferocious - in two days, they have helped push ISIS back from Sadad and now they're threatening Maheen
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/662087953875902465

Last edited by Cyberspec on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:28 am

ultron wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Oh but Russia had retreated more than once in battles in the eastern front.  And also not retreating in many other cases lead to far too many unnecessary deaths.

Russians only retreat if there are heavy losses. From what I heard, SAA retreated from Morek with absolutely ZERO casualty. This was what was highly unusual about it. I guess is it was a trick to get mujahids to come out into the open where they are vulnerable to air strikes and artillery.

BTW why don't Russia deploy Tu bombers to bomb mujahids?

Tu-22M planes are massive.  Real big monsters.  Also, very costly to fly.  As well, the roll the Tu-22M's can fly, can also be flown by both Su-24's and Su-34's due to the distances flown from base to striking areas.  Using the Tu-22M's to bomb the terrorists would have been cool to see and all, but really doesn't make much sense.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:32 am

Re: the Tu-22's....never say never, we might see them yet...this just the first phase
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Cyberspec wrote:Re: the Tu-22's....never say never, we might see them yet...this just the first phase

Well, if they are going to carpet bomb a ghost town infected with the swine, then awesome and useful for all the bombs they can carry.  But I believe these are essentially cruise missile carriers more so as primary weapons and such weapons are not going to bring much more to the table than current KAB weapons dropped by Su-24/34's (and would cost a lot more).  I know they used the launch of the cruise missiles on the ships in the caspian sea, but that was to show the world they are not screwing around.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 am

What they should do. Build 10,000 Sturmoviks and blast the crap out of every mujahid town and village. Numbers win wars. Fact. pirat
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:57 am

ultron wrote:What they should do. Build 10,000 Sturmoviks and blast the crap out of every mujahid town and village. Numbers win wars. Fact. pirat

I am not a supporter of genocide.  But I do understand that it is specifically these sunni muslims causing the problems.  So it is really a tough situation and I do feel for the whole of Syria and even the Sunni's that are trying to help fix their country and stop these terrorists.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am