Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

5 posters

Εconomic topics

George1
    George1

Εconomic topics Empty Re: Εconomic topics

Post  George1 Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 pm

We have the threads below concerning economics-production:

Economic News
    Russia: Energy Data, Statistics & Analysis - Oil, Gas, Electricity, Coal
    Russian Economy dependency in oil and gas exports #5
    Russian Agriculture News
    Mining industry of Russia
    Automotive industry in Russia
    Russian civil aviation

how we proceed? which of these will be included in the general thread? lets see the opinions of as many members as possible

Last edited by George1 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:49 pm

George1 wrote:We have the threads below concerning economics-production:

Economic News
    Russian Agriculture News

how we proceed? which of these will be included in the general thread? lets see the opinions of as many members as possible

Should I start a quick thread on a vote to see? or just keep it here?

Reason why I want to do this, is it makes it even easier to archive/index and lets face it, Agriculture, Mining, Automotive, Energy (Be it statistics, deals, etc) and industrial news are all correlated with economy. The purpose I put the Economic news thread before was due to same thing as this, but it never took off as there were still people posting in the oil and gas thread. So I figure this time, it is a one and all kind of thread for Russia's economic news/data.

Last edited by sepheronx on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:53 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    George1 wrote:We have the threads below concerning economics-production:

Economic News
    Russian Agriculture News

Should I start a quick thread on a vote to see? or just keep it here?

keep it here (we might have also combined proposals), when we decide i will delete the posts of this discussion. Smile
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:03 pm

Automobile industry news should go here.

Old tread has [POLL] prefix on it so half of folks don't even bother reading it even if we post fresh news.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:06 pm

UPDATE

We have the threads below concerning economics-production:

Economic News
    Russian Agriculture News
    Russian civil aviation

also economic news posts we find in:
    Development and Modernization of Russia

and production thread also although it could go to "Russian Science: Discussion Thread" is:
    Russian medical development news

also some threads with similar content in some cases are:
    Scientific and Innovation Development of Russia
    Russian Semiconductor and Processing Technology

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another point i would like to clear is about Services sector (Retail, Banking, Tourism, Telecommunications, Transportation, Construction, Information technology) in which thread will go. For example IT news we have in Scientific and Innovation Development of Russia thread

Last edited by George1 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 pm

My opinion:

-Keep the automotive thread
    -Keep the mining thread
    -Keep the agriculture thread
    -Keep the civil aviation thread
    -Keep the medical technology thread
    -Keep the semiconductor industry thread (possibly rename it to something more general, such as electronics or some such)
    -Rename the 'Economic dependency on oil/gas' to just 'Oil/gas economic news"; i.e. make it a thread on the oil/gas sector of Russia; and merge it with the Energy, Data, Statistics and Analysis thread.
    -Keep the Economic News thread, possibly renaming it into General Russian economy News or some such. Merge the Development and Modernization of Russia, Scientific Development of Russia threads into it too.

Now the idea is:
    Automotive industry news into the automotive thread
    Mining industry news into the mining thread
    Agricultural news into the agriculture thread
    Oil/gas news into the oil/gas thread
    Civil aviation news into the civil aviation thread
    Medical technology news into the medical technology thread
    Semiconductor industry news into the semiconductor industry thread
    All other economic news into the Economic News thread.

Simple isn't it?
    And users - stop bloody cross-posting everything; this is how threads bloat up and news gets lost. If you post something to the agriculture thread, don't take it and post it into the Economic News thread too. Post something to the Economic News thread ONLY if there isn't a dedicated thread for that specific sort of economic news.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Russian Economy dependency in oil and gas exports i think it is a different topic from all the others. It is a specialized discussion in the lack of diversity of russian economy and its vulnerability in oil and gas prices
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:52 pm

George1 wrote:Russian Economy dependency in oil and gas exports i think it is a different topic from all the others. It is a specialized discussion in the lack of diversity of russian economy and its vulnerability in oil and gas prices

If you insist on that then you'll have to keep moderating it closely, because right now it's a haven for all sorts of BS discussions.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:42 am

flamming_python wrote:
    George1 wrote:Russian Economy dependency in oil and gas exports i think it is a different topic from all the others. It is a specialized discussion in the lack of diversity of russian economy and its vulnerability in oil and gas prices

If you insist on that then you'll have to keep moderating it closely, because right now it's a haven for all sorts of BS discussions.

no i dont insist on that but i notice that even if we have general threads for some subjects, some members open specialized threads and i am afraid that in economy sector will happen the same
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 am

I understand the needs of the individual threads, but it really just ended up cross postings and discussions that just really disolved in talks of other departments of economic development. Let us face it, semiconductor industry requires needs for oil and gas, or vice versa and what not. So it all ends up being connected anyway. Hence why I proposed this specific thread.

Or we just simply change the other threads to Economics: Oil and Gas, Economics: Semiconductors/Electronics, etc. Just makes it so much easier. Even after being on this forums for some time, I find it quite hard to navigate through.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:03 pm

I appreciate the problems identified and I do like Sephs solution with tagging, but I think the problem of finding the information you are after in multiple threads that includes some duplicated posts and overlapping threads is not going to be easy to deal with.

You could argue that Sephs solution of tagging each thread and indeed individual paragraphs within a post to delineate the different subjects is a good one, but I fear that if we have overlapping discussions within different threads because people are not putting things in the right thread suggests to me the problem will remain even if they remember to tag their paragraphs they might not do so correctly.

I fear that the fundamental problem is that topics are always going to overlap and be complex and there is probably not much we can do about it.

I like FPs post, perhaps it is going to be a case of everyone helps and we just play it by ear.

With everyone posting being careful to post in the right place and if you find someone posting something in the wrong place perhaps posting so with a link to where it should be so us moderators can look at it and if we decide to move the relevant post we can move the post and delete the request to move to keep things tidy.

If there is an issue at the time we can discuss it and perhaps not move it and just delete the request to move.

If we do it this way I think keeping the threads separate would make it easier to find things so things that are posted in the wrong place will end up where they should.

Might come as a shock but my interests don't really include economics, but I would like this to work for our members. because of this I do tend to skim the sections, but I do look for conflict or requests to us mods, so please don't think you are being ignored by us... Smile

Sometimes there will be duplication simply because some news or information will be relevant to several areas... we just need to ensure unnecessary duplication is dealt with by moving posts.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Εconomic topics Empty Εconomic topics

Post  sepheronx Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Then so be it. If you wish, please close the thread for possible future use.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 am

I rename Economic News to General Russian Economy News and i will merge shep's new thread on it (if he wish, if not we will keep it locked)

I remove poll from automotive industry to become a clear thread not just voting

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 am

in Russian Economy General News we can discuss also Russia's state finance policy (fiscal policy, currency and public sector)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am