Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+15
PapaDragon
Svyatoslavich
whir
Khepesh
Viktor
archangelski
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
George1
Book.
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
Werewolf
Ispan
19 posters

Greetings from Spain

Ispan
    Ispan

Greetings from Spain Empty Greetings from Spain

Post  Ispan Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Hello!

I am a Spaniard living in Spain, married to a woman from Crimea for the past eight years. I have been living some time in the Crimea during the past years, so I had some knowledge of Ukraine politics and society when the Maidan crisis started, I wrote in the economics and politics Spanish forum (about the housing bubble originally) about what was really going on. As things in Ukraine got uglier, and a war started in Donbass, I went from reporting on the situation in Crimea to write about the war in Donbass and analyzing it using sources translated into English, and drawing on my extensive knowledge of history, war, and military technology.  I went from just being a poster, to starting threads on the war that regularly get hundreds of thousands of visits.

In fact, I have worked as a translator of military history books from English to Spanish, with several books to my credit. Sadly I do not know Russian, and never have the opportunity or time to go to classes, though now that my work situation is a bit more stable I hope to remedy that this year. That is why I am in an English speaking forum.

Due to my set of skill and knowlesge, and given the level of ignorance, propaganda and lies in the Western media, I have become something of a self-proclaimed expert. I am just really an armchair general and history buff, with enough knowledge to put together scraps of info and connect the dots, I am not a journalist or defense analyst, but since nobody else is doing the work of telling the truth about what is really happening, I have to do it. And I am doing a fairly good job of it as a number of my analysis have proven correct.

At the insistence of some people who liked my work, I collected my posts and started posting the daily war updates and analysis on a blog focused on the military commentary on the war, wich is more easy to view than trudging through forum threads with hundreds of replies and a lot of chaff and noise. I have nothing original to add to what is available in the Russian and English internet, but it has become a valuable resource in the Spanish speaking internet. I was surprised at checking the statistics and finding out that nearly 60,000 visitors have viewed the blog so far this year. Mostly from Spain and Spanish speaking countries, but I also got 8,000 visits from USA, and 1,000 from Russia and even a few hundred from Ukraine. I know a Spanish guy living in the Ukraine who has thanked me for giving him a window to the truth behind the lies of the junta propaganda, and who has furnished me valuable info on the situation behind the frontlines.

Before this war, I had something of a reputation as the guy that posted pretty paintings of battles and soldiers from history in a couple forums, that is my hobby, collecting and posting war art for display as desktop backgrounds on the computer.

I did some posting about the war in Ukraine in the English speaking forum, but is a bit frustrating since it gets very little traffic. I once ventured into MPnet but I quickly got banned because I feel very strong about this war and can't stand the supporters of the murderous Ukranian regime. I am not Russian and do not speak Russian, but my wife is Russian and to me Russia is my second home, a place and a people I have come to love russia

And consequently I wholeheartedly support the fight of East Ukraine for freedom and indepence. Their case is just and is my cause as well. I sadly can't go to the Donbass and join the Novorussians militia, like some Spaniards have done, as much as I wish, (I am medically unfit to be a soldier)  but I do what I can to spread the truth in forums and my blog to break the information blockade and awaken the Western public about the horror of what is happening in Ukraine and collect donations for the suffering populace. I know it's just a drop in a bucket, but it is my duty to speak the truth, and that perhaps it will give heart to Novorussians and Russians alike that you are not alone in this war. That there are much more good and decent people in Europe than you can possibly realize who do not believe what their media and governments tell them and know wich one is the side of good and justice.

I got invited to come to this forum by Khepesh, and I am glad to see some familiar names also refugees from MP.net. I hope I can add a valuable contribution to the forum. I am very interested in the Soviet military history from the Great Patriotic War, I really have to do an effort to learn Russian soon.

Finally, since my usual internet avatars of a Prussian hussar and Marshal Zhukov are unappropiate for this forum, I chose as my username and avatar a historical figure that is perhaps the most famous but not the only Spaniard that has fought under the Russian flag: José de Ribas.  
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Greetings from Spain Empty Re: Greetings from Spain

Post  Werewolf Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:51 pm

welcome
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:59 pm

welcome

+1
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:57 am

welcome

You've sure shown how to make an introduction alright.

I think I remember you from mp.net.

It's good that we're all gathering here and getting it together. We have almost everyone (everyone good that is) from the old mp.net Ukraine thread here now.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:58 am

Hello ispan

thk enjoy the stay thumbsup
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:44 am

welcome
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 am

welcome
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:13 am

welcome Smile
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:07 am

welcome
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 am

welcome
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:18 pm

welcome
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Aha! welcome

And of course, Jose Pascual Domingo de Ribas y Boyons, aka Osip Mikhailovich Deribas, conqueror of the Ottomans and founder of Odessa.
    whir

Post  whir Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:19 pm

welcome

Out of curiosity, could you post a link to your blog?
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:49 pm

No I cannot, as a new member I cannot post links. Some of the analysis was posted in english in the threads of another forum, wich I cannot link to either. There should be a link on my profile, but cannot find it.

Just google "guerra en ucrania", is one of the top results, is a wordpress blog.
    whir

Post  whir Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Ispan wrote:No I cannot, as a new member I cannot post links. Some of the analysis was posted in english in the threads of another forum, wich I cannot link to either. There should be a link on my profile, but cannot find it.

Just google "guerra en ucrania", is one of the top results, is a wordpress blog.
    Sorry I forgot about that new members can't post links Neutral.

Thanks for your advice and congratulations for your translation efforts.

For those Spanish speaking members interested in Ispan's blog:

GUERRA EN UCRANIA
    Lo que no quieren que sepas sobre la guerra en Ucrania
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 am

Welcome, nice to have you here! I live in Argentina, and though I also follow the Ukrainian war I didn't know your blog, it is always great to know more sources in Spanish about it.

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 am

welcome
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:05 am

welcome

Good to see you again thumbsup
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:06 am

welcome

This forum has another great addition.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 am

welcome
    I am continually blown away by the effort of those around the world who have not even been to Russia (myself included) to see justice done and the West as a whole held accountable for its tyrrany. It's people like you that are bringing the Western Propaganda Machine to its knees. Well met.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:11 pm

welcome

Looking forward to your posts.

I'm blown away by the quality of the posters and posts on this forum!
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 am

welcome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am