Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
KomissarBojanchev
Hisroyalhighness
Big_Gazza
Osobist
Akula971
Teshub
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
magnumcromagnon
type055
Inetwarrior
Cyberspec
Bolt
Cowboy's daughter
flamming_python
whir
collegeboy16
Viktor
Monarchist
Morpheus Eberhardt
alexZam
medo
par far
Vann7
GarryB
Cahaba
Rodinazombie
TheArmenian
sepheronx
ExBeobachter1987
gregoire
Mr.Comrade
macedonian
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Regular
etaepsilonk
higurashihougi
Khepesh
auslander
Erk
Werewolf
Admin
franco
cheesfactory
Airbornewolf
Godric
BKP
Ghoster
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
mack8
George1
Neutrality
kvs
AlfaT8
60 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

BKP
    BKP

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  BKP 04/05/15, 09:45 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    BKP wrote:
    Ghoster wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Clown show in Kiev is really getting desperate... I thought that Nazis were supposed to be "liberators from Soviet occupation" lol1

Lyashko demanded payment for the death of German Ukrainians during the war

GoogleTranslate:
    The leader of the Ukrainian Radical Party, Oleg Lyashko demanded by Germany, "to pay for historical accounts of the Ukrainians and Ukraine". This was written on his page on Facebook , commenting on plans for German Chancellor Angela Merkel to visit Moscow on May 10 to jointly with Russian President Vladimir Putin to commemorate those killed in World War II..........(continued)

Lyashko sums up the clowns in Kiev pretty well. A real mental case. lol1

Every day I have to wrap my head around the fact that the "West" installed a pack of reconstituted Nazi goons right on Russia's border. Then they sell it to the rubes as a "budding democracy" knowing full well that enough dummies will buy it.

It's sad. Imho, most persons in USA are apathetic. Most persons I know are busy working, paying bills, rearing their kids, etc., and absolutely hate politics in the USA.

The politicians, or persons in power, in Washington, have been in power forever. It's like a genetic bottleneck.

except it's political

It may be too late to change it. idk.

Yeah, most people are too preoccupied to even begin to try figuring it out. We geopolitics nerds probably only see a tiny bit more of what really goes on than most folk. If any of us really knew the whole story, I suspect we would be completely appalled. IMO, it's likely that the world at the highest levels of power is simply a kind of criminal underworld where utterly ruthless players reap huge profit, compete for market share and keep the "bewildered herd" distracted by sewing contention (divide and rule), constructing smoke and mirror "narratives," and promulgating "noble lies" about upholding universal values. </tinfoil>
    whir

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  whir 04/05/15, 10:17 am

lauffeurer wrote:The atrocities of Odessa on May 2, 2014
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs 04/05/15, 10:19 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Can, and will, someone post a map, or a link to,  of what's happening militarily in Ukraine, please ?

I can't find the type we had posted during the last round of open warfare, but there is a series of localized maps showing
    some of the action here:

http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/13000-hronika-voennyh-sobytiy-v-novorossii-za-3052015.html

(not translated).

mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 04/05/15, 10:23 am

Yeah, most people are too preoccupied to even begin to try figuring it out. We geopolitics nerds probably only see a tiny bit more of what really goes on than most folk. If any of us really knew the whole story, I suspect we would be completely appalled. IMO, it's likely that the world at the highest levels of power is simply a kind of criminal underworld where utterly ruthless players reap huge profit, compete for market share and keep the "bewildered herd" distracted by sewing contention (divide and rule), constructing smoke and mirror "narratives," and promulgating "noble lies" about upholding universal values. </tinfoil>

You can say that again BKP. As the saying goes, truth is stranger than fiction. Probably the proportions of the real rot would bewilder even those of us who are fully expecting it.
    cheesfactory

Post  cheesfactory 04/05/15, 10:33 am

To little action for http://cassad.net/?do=warmarker

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter 04/05/15, 10:56 am

kvs wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:Can, and will, someone post a map, or a link to,  of what's happening militarily in Ukraine, please ?

I can't find the type we had posted during the last round of open warfare, but there is a series of localized maps showing
    some of the action here:

http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/13000-hronika-voennyh-sobytiy-v-novorossii-za-3052015.html

(not translated).

Thank you!

Along with what cheesfactory posted,

To little action for http://cassad.net/?do=warmarker

I'll work it out as best as I can! Thank you both, very much!

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on 04/05/15, 01:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter 04/05/15, 11:02 am

why the US trains the Ukraine army to also crush protests? & using assault rifles, infiltrators & kidnaps Ukraina.Amerikantsy already under Luganskom.Da start punitive operation / Ukraine News In Severodonetsk, Luhansk region instructors from Georgia, Israel and the US carried out military exercises with the soldiers of the special units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Georgian, Israeli and American special forces soldiers instructors helped hone tactics of warfare in urban environments Hot spots in the east of Ukraine: Donetsk, Lugansk, Debaltsevo, Sands Shirokino wrote:

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality 04/05/15, 11:13 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

There it is, there we have it. Masked mercenaries finally appear on video. Russian news will have a field day with this and I'm 100% certain people like him will be there on the battlefield, "guiding" Ukrainian military, when hostilities break out again. If the NAF capture him, an entire shitstorm will ensue.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP 04/05/15, 11:46 am

^ When hostilities fully resume, I wonder what will happen when some of these guys are killed. I guess the US government will disavow them and their activities. Anyhow, I hope that the NAF will not entertain another fake Minsk plan that just lets them save their asses for another go. Good find!
    franco
    franco

Post  franco 04/05/15, 12:59 pm

Try this http://militarymaps.info/

Last edited by franco on 04/05/15, 01:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 04/05/15, 01:06 pm

franco wrote:

I remember trying to follow the 6 Days War in Georgia. How times have changed. paratrooper
    franco
    franco

Post  franco 04/05/15, 01:14 pm

I went places I shouldn't have and lost a computer in the first cyber-war battles in 2008 Smile . A whole new world indeed.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter 04/05/15, 01:15 pm

franco wrote:

Thank you, franco.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf 04/05/15, 01:51 pm

Who runs this website?
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk 04/05/15, 02:34 pm

South Front have a brief update on some of the latest clashes. Plus some other info.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP 04/05/15, 02:39 pm

Werewolf wrote:Who runs this website?

The FSB. Shocked
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/05/15, 05:25 pm

The situation from Mariupol north to the mouth of the old Debaltsyevo Pocket is deteriorating rapidly. Bombardments by UAF are increasing daily and again last night and through dawn today Donetsk, Gorlovka and several other locals all the way down to the Azov were hit with artillery, both tube and rocket. Both civilian and NAF casualties are mounting. All the while UAF is protesting vehemently that they are the victims of the bombardments and we are back to the old song of UAF stating that they are not in control of some of the units technically under their command.

Be prepared today for US DoS accusations of RF not implementing the Minsk 2 accords and NAF attacking. Be prepared for more sanctions against RF in the near future.

OSCE are daily being increasingly shown in their true colours, to whit, useless.

Communications are still not viable with our Gorlovka contact although the commo system is still extant. We are attempting to have physical contact established with the contact but at this moment that is not possible. We are using secondary for Gorlovka and primary for Donetsk environs. Commo with Novoasovsk is no problem.

We will have precious little time this week to keep everyone up to speed of our informations but we will do our best to communicate what we find.

Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster 04/05/15, 07:31 pm

auslander wrote:The situation from Mariupol north to the mouth of the old Debaltsyevo Pocket is deteriorating rapidly. Bombardments by UAF are increasing daily and again last night and through dawn today Donetsk, Gorlovka and several other locals all the way down to the Azov were hit with artillery, both tube and rocket. Both civilian and NAF casualties are mounting. All the while UAF is protesting vehemently that they are the victims of the bombardments and we are back to the old song of UAF stating that they are not in control of some of the units technically under their command.

Be prepared today for US DoS accusations of RF not implementing the Minsk 2 accords and NAF attacking. Be prepared for more sanctions against RF in the near future.

OSCE are daily being increasingly shown in their true colours, to whit, useless.

Communications are still not viable with our Gorlovka contact although the commo system is still extant. We are attempting to have physical contact established with the contact but at this moment that is not possible. We are using secondary for Gorlovka and primary for Donetsk environs. Commo with Novoasovsk is no problem.

We will have precious little time this week to keep everyone up to speed of our informations but we will do our best to communicate what we find.

Thanks for the update, auslander.

A journalist staying in Donetsk made a few videos about the damage to the residential area on the night of 2nd of May.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh 04/05/15, 07:37 pm

Guy called Oleg Letnitsky. here is it's home https://vk.com/militarymaps
    The Cassad warmaker map is not in service for lack of funding.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/05/15, 08:00 pm

Khepesh wrote:

Your post earlier of your reading of the unit dispositions via the maps was quite good and I think your predictions of coming events is quite possible. My gut feeling is UAF will still go for surrounding Donetsk City Proper and the surrounding cities and settlements. My reasoning is DNR is by far the most potent and to UAF dangerous adversary.

That being said, it is also possible UAF will go for cutting of the thin and tenuous strip along the RF border down to the Azov. This possibility would give UAF a victory of sorts and possibly do something about the flagging morale of the UAF in general.

The problem with defense is one has to be strong everywhere and neither army has that strength. The problem with offense is the attacking army with limited resources has to thin their lines somewhere to get sufficient weight behind their attack. This leaves the defender with the possibility of punching a hole in the offensive lines well away from the offense and could lead to some interesting events.

We will see in the next days.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh 04/05/15, 08:30 pm

auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:

Your post earlier of your reading of the unit dispositions via the maps was quite good and I think your predictions of coming events is quite possible. My gut feeling is UAF will still go for surrounding Donetsk City Proper and the surrounding cities and settlements. My reasoning is DNR is by far the most potent and to UAF dangerous adversary.

That being said, it is also possible UAF will go for cutting of the thin and tenuous strip along the RF border down to the Azov. This possibility would give UAF a victory of sorts and possibly do something about the flagging morale of the UAF in general.

The problem with defense is one has to be strong everywhere and neither army has that strength. The problem with offense is the attacking army with limited resources has to thin their lines somewhere to get sufficient weight behind their attack. This leaves the defender with the possibility of punching a hole in the offensive lines well away from the offense and could lead to some interesting events.

We will see in the next days.
    I think it is yet more heavy "trolling" but situation at Gorlovka looks to be getting worse. It's possible they may spring a surprise here by cutting between Gorlovka and Donetsk, or making it seem they are attempting to. Then when attention is diverted they roll in the south. I think the days of them being stupid always and everywhere are fading and there could be a critical situation to control. My thinking is if the south scenario occurs, is that ukrops have to attack somewhere to create a diversion, but simply pounding VSN positions along the northern front will not be sufficient, they have to do something big, something that looks like a realistic and dangerous assault. I don't think the front along the Donets is suitable, but I don't count it out as that would replicate errors allies made about the Ardennes, twice in one war.... An attack towards Lugansk is unlikely due to ukrops fears of a sudden north wind, more so here than Novoazovsk, IMO. Between Donetsk and Gorlovka is the only really suitable area, and the obvious one, but at times the obvious is the option needed. They won't succeed, or should not succeed, but it would be sufficient to attract everybodies attention, and it certainly will, and if strategic reserve have to engage in force, which is likely, then even if an attack in the south is expected and planned for, having the reserve, or a large part of it, engaged north east of Donetsk will be a green light for major southern offensive. Like you say, ukrops have to have some success soon or morale will collapse, and they need to win the war and they know it will have to be won on the battle field.

Last edited by Khepesh on 04/05/15, 09:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 04/05/15, 08:45 pm

I agree with your assessment of UAF, they have been getting some excellent training and personal equipment for the last several months. I have watched their improvement over the last two months in particular and it is a bit worrisome, but on the other hand I understood after Ilavyansk that UAF either had to improve or die. Debaltsyevo was also a big eye opener for their controllers.

I would certainly hope UAF does not want to get involved in built up area fighting, it is very expensive for both sides but more so for the attacker. However, I have few misgivings that they will do exactly that if ordered by their controllers.

As I said the next few days or week will, in my opinion, tell the tale of what will happen.
    whir

Post  whir 04/05/15, 08:48 pm

Kalmius Info via Google Translate wrote:Генпрокуратура: «Правому сектору» разрешено нарушать законы Украины
    Prosecutor General's Office, "the right sector" is allowed to violate the laws of Ukraine[/b]
    hief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine Anatoly Matios offers "zaguglit" whether "Right Sector" illegal armed groups. He stated this on the air "Gromadska TV." He said, "Right Sector" from a legal point of view, of course, illegal, but the way it is, "Patriots of Ukraine", the weapons they can carry. "We can drive a question for Google:« armed groups that are not executed in the state institutions. " The answer is identical to mine. Those who are not decorated in a state institution, which has the right to carry, use of weapons, is outside the legal field. "Right Sector" the legal structure can be called illegal armed groups. But I probably pokrivlyu soul and will not Ukrainian, if I say that it's not Ukrainian militia. "Right Sector" - is absolute patriots "- said Matios.

Republic SU via Google Translate wrote:Как бы не ждали...: Ляшко потребовал от Германии заплатить Украине по счетам
    It would not have been waiting for ...: Lyashko demanded that Germany pay the bills Ukraine
    Germany must pay to Ukraine for the losses the country suffered during the Second World War, wrote the leader of the Radical Party of Ukraine Oleg Lyashko to Facebook.

According to the politician in Germany "poorly aware of their great historical guilt" for Ukraine as "one of the most affected by the Nazis of European nations."

To honor the memory of millions who died through the fault of German Chancellor Angela Merkel should arrive on May 10 in Kiev and Minsk, not Moscow, said Lyashko.

"Germany is largely to blame for us, and it's time to pay the historical accounts have to Ukrainians and Ukraine", - the politician said.

According to him, it is from Ukraine Merkel "has the right to expect" assistance "defending territorial integrity and independence" and "all kinds of assistance to modernize and further European integration."

Ukrainian Pravda via Google Translate wrote:Украинский самолет на Непал не смогли отремонтировать в Дели
    Ukrainian plane for Nepal could not be repaired in Delhi
    Monday, May 4, 2015, 8:55

Ukrainian plane for the evacuation of passengers from Nepal could not be repaired because the item that has sent the Ministry of Defense from Kiev, was faulty.

This evacuation mission managers said the commander of the crew of IL-76, which still stands in New Delhi, reports "Ukrainian Truth".

The crew all day on Sunday tried to repair the plane, but did not succeed.

After two unsuccessful attempts to start the plane, the crew said he did not fly to Nepal.

Now in Kiev organized the transfer of the new part.

Permission to land at the airport in Kathmandu Ukrainian aircraft had only the dark part of the day, so on Monday for permission to land anymore.

Moreover, to return to Ukraine aircraft must obtain permission from another and all transit states over which it will fly.

Ukrainians are waiting for evacuation, on Monday need to settle on the reservation by the Foreign Ministry.

Ukrainian diplomats have been working on an option to send the Ukrainians regular flights in the direction of Kiev.

Acting head GSCHS Shkiryak Zoryan said that is considered "and expensive" option, the organization of a separate charter from Kathmandu to Kiev.

Journalists who flew with the rescuers in Nepal, have also become hostages of the situation.

KP.ru wrote:краинские войска обстреливают Донбасс, разрушая школы и памятники героям Великой Отечественной войны
    Ukrainian troops shelled Donbass, destroying schools and monuments to heroes of the Great Patriotic War
    (Yesterday, 12:50)

During the year the war in Donbas, we saw hundreds of dead, milled artillery villages. Sometimes they died instantly after one or two shelling. Sometimes, as a settlement under the Debaltseve Nikishin, agonized for months, "dying" from house to house until the very end. The village Sahanka on "neytralke" under Mariupol, just started to sacrifice. It should not have been fired from the side APU. Sahanka is on the boundary line, according to the "Minsk" agreements. In the village there is no militia positions, equipment, warehouses, checkpoints. But two days ago the village went to the first 120-millimeter mines.

In the village we were brought militias that we saw and recorded the event. From the coast of the Azov Sea to him just a few kilometers away. Sinuous entry, the road makes a few loops, and cars go here at the lowest speed, but want to slip quickly. Rare local machine with anything not mistake - red and ornazhevye "Muscovites" blue or white "Cossacks" nemudrenyh and inexpensive European sedans. But the "liberators" of the APU and the battalion "Azov", it seems do not care who lives here and why he lives. According to our escort, the commander of one of the companies department "Sparta" with the call sign "sailor", "tasked to clear people from the town." And how it's done - we shall see.

Ruptly TV wrote:DPR changes Donetsk spelling from Ukrainian to Russian on street signs

TheMedvedova wrote:Дорога возле Широкино / Road near Shirokino

Стрельбы из ПТУР ополчения Новороссии

Пуск ЗРК БУК ВСУ - Start Ukrainian BUK missile system

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi 04/05/15, 09:48 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Polish president says Victory Day Parade in Moscow "symbol of unstable world"

Are these people f#cking insane or what? Shocked

Quick to remember the tragedies caused by the USSR, but at the same time complete and total memory loss of the atrocities caused by the Third reich.Suspect

Perhaps the USSR should have let the Nazis take all of Poland. Rolling Eyes

Russian response:

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150503/1021677446.html

First deputy head of the International Committee of the lower chamber of the Russian parliament Leonid Kalashnikov said that Russian tanks had liberated Poland during World War II when commenting on Komorowski's remarks.

"If not for the tanks mentioned by the president of Poland, Poland would not exist now on the world map. I must remind you that, according to the Nazi plans, Poland was supposed to be a territory that Germany was preparing for the resettlement of the German population. Others were supposed to be expelled and destroyed. And only due to Russian tanks they [Poland] gained their freedom and sovereignty."

russia russia russia russia respekt
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon 05/05/15, 12:47 am

Khepesh wrote:

.................Like you say, ukrops have to have some success soon or morale will collapse, and they need to win the war and they know it will have to be won on the battle field.

auslander wrote:I agree with your assessment of UAF, they have been getting some excellent training and personal equipment for the last several months. I have watched their improvement over the last two months in particular and it is a bit worrisome, but on the other hand I understood after Ilavyansk that UAF either had to improve or die

As I said the next few days or week will, in my opinion, tell the tale of what will happen.

Thanks for info guys. Also:

Thing is, while Ukrops have been getting some good training, NAF have not been sitting on their hands all this time. We have seen footage here of  Sparta battalion (just for example) that showed clear difference between their training and combat performance before and now.

Kiev has to attack, that is beyond any doubt. That is THE ONLY WAY they have of physically surviving.  
    They have no money, no fresh gear in needed quantities, no manpower reserves (epilepsy and tuberculosis anyone?), draft dodging is rampant, morale hit rock bottom, economy is gone (not dead or dying, dead and buried), population is running away in all directions, society is becoming North Korea v2.0, EU is loosing stomach for sanctions and this whole mess in general and Russia is resisting pressure and not backing off as White House and their Kiev clowns had hoped for.

But i they need to win something otherwise not just Junta will collapse, but whole of the Ukraine as a country. They will throw everything they got but NAF and Russia know this already (hell, even we know this) and they will not let it slide just as we seen it several times already.  

Remember last year when it seemed that Kiev is winning, that Russia is isolated and that they are being destroyed financially and politically? Even then, Russia was willing to do what needed to be done (even North Wind people!!!) in order to keep Kiev from achieving their goals. And this winter they done it again. Things are different now, just compare financial position of Russia 6-8 months ago and now. They have less reason to back down than ever. Their economy is moving along, public support is strong, enemy is bleeding metaphorically and literally, EU is feeling the unexpected pressure and discontent due to self-inflicted stupidity...etc....

At some level we all expect Kiev to start making decisions based on logic and intelligence but it will not happen. They are boxed in, desperate and will do the dumbest thing possible which is attacking to make real or token victory (makes no difference to Kiev) or to solicit some financial or matériel pittance from their sponsors, most of which are already looking for a way out of this whole mess.  

I have no doubts that there will be something big in next couple of weeks and it will be very bloody affair for both UAF and NAF but just like many people have said it before, Russia will not let Kiev win as they already demonstrated.
    Casualties will most likely skyrocket and it is tragic, but it will not change the outcome.

I just hope that if we see another Debaltsevo style cauldron, NAF proceeds to eradicate everything and everyone inside. If UAF attacks again they asked for and deserved everything that befalls them. No more mercy, conscripts included. That scum has ocean of civilian blood on their hands and they would have shown no mercy if roles were reversed. This much is crystal clear by now.  

IMHO conscripts should be primary targets this time. Angry sheep will not bite the owner but angry dogs will, and Porky deserves to be chewed up by his own Nazi scum that outlasts the conscripts.

Maybe if Nazis get even more power in the Kiev, passive, submissive excuse for population in Ukraine might actually get off their asses. If not who cares, economy will finish them all off anyway...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27/07/24, 01:30 pm