Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
alexZam
Mr.Comrade
rtech
whir
KoTeMoRe
jhelb
Bolt
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
auslander
dionis
Dima
Erk
Austin
HeNeArKrXeRn_
medo
Cowboy's daughter
Monarchist
EKS
Airbornewolf
ExBeobachter1987
Firebird
DanilaMP
macedonian
Khepesh
Zivo
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
max steel
collegeboy16
kvs
TheArmenian
onwiththewar
Alex555
Teshub
arpakola
darking
cracker
Cyberspec
cheesfactory
Mike E
Cucumber Khan
2SPOOKY4U
par far
gregoire
VladimirSahin
Viktor
higurashihougi
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
franco
mack8
Hannibal Barca
GarryB
AlfaT8
etaepsilonk
TR1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Werewolf
Vann7
Kimppis
69 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #12

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #12 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #12

Post  Airbornewolf Sun May 03, 2015 3:47 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    just out of my curiousity, this is not the first time the suggestion was raised about using an form of guided ammunition in eastern ukraine. besides the fact of GPS/Glonass guided ammunition accuracy is far worse than advertised today's artillery units use different methods to get their accuracy. why are some of you so horny for these types of high-tech weapons?.

I'm no military expert so I'm just speculating with what I know. Quick elimination of large pockets of manpower for one. Bigger damage is another one. How about using mini drones with laser acquisition or is that not possible for artillery rounds yet?

you are thinking in expensive, not available weaponry. no offense of course, like i stated in another thread i dont mind elaborating on the reality in the field. large pockets of manpower?. sure but you either end up with option 1 i mentioned, being to saturate an target area. or 2 illegal weaponry like cluster warheads or WP (white phosphorous).

for your question, yes there are drones available that can laze an target area to get an grid reference for an arty strike. but again its too expensive and elaborate and its way easier to just send an guy there in an recon team to instead laze the target, get an grid reference and radio it back to an artillery unit. the chances of an handful of guys being detected is way smaller than some drone flying overhead.  

if the NAF wants to whipe an unit off the map, and they know where they are... they hit them in the early hours like 0300 in the morning. most of them will be asleep anyway and put more rounds trough their artillery weaponry than they normally would, its what the millitary calls saturating an target. basically as soon the shell ejects out of the gun ram an fresh round in with the propellant charge and fire the gun again. after their fire mission the NAF fire unit should immediately relocate to avoid counter-fire on their position. what does not get killed or destroyed by NAF fire will be rendered inoperable by either shrapnell damage or for personel blast damage or trauma of the extreme shelling.   dont forget Arty fire has an profound psychological effect next to its physical ones.

saturation fire even happens today within NATO, last time the Dutch used such tactics was in Afghanistan 2007, when Chora was in danger of being overun and kept the PZH2000 in saturation fire to neutralise anything that came near the FOB Chora.
    Erk
    Erk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #12 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #12

Post  Erk Sun May 03, 2015 3:56 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:So I'm reading Donetsk is being shelled again. Where is the peaceloving EU or OSCE? As soon as the NAF start shelling back we'll be reading about how they are violating the ceasefire. Maybe the NAF do need to take back Mariupol and force Kiev to the negotiation table.
    Taking Mariupol back may be a major catalyst in destruction of the Ukrainian economy and maybe even the Ukrainian state (honestly it is a pretty slow reaction as of now). It will almost certainly result in the fall of the Pork regime soon afterward but they might be more encouraged to launch a full out strike against Novorossiya and maybe make a bold attempt to attack Crimea beforehand. Anyhow this would hurt Russia too right now. The Russian economy has been quickly recovering in times when Ukraine is relatively peaceful like right now. So even though people are suffering and dying, I do not see the Colorados striking that major of a blow unless the Hohols were to try something first.

Mariupol is heavily fortified and is particularly under the complete control of Azov battalion. The NAF has its forces spread thin on the front. In order to take Mariupol back, the NAF might need a push from a gentle and subtle "Eastern Wind" (hopefully with surgical airstrikes this time) to take Mariupol within a few days. Would be nice if Mariupol was put into a cauldron as well.

Does Mariupol want "taking" do they want to be part of Novorossiya or would it be considered an act of NAF aggression by the Mariupol citizens?

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 03, 2015 4:00 am

Airbornewolf wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    just out of my curiousity, this is not the first time the suggestion was raised about using an form of guided ammunition in eastern ukraine. besides the fact of GPS/Glonass guided ammunition accuracy is far worse than advertised today's artillery units use different methods to get their accuracy. why are some of you so horny for these types of high-tech weapons?.

I'm no military expert so I'm just speculating with what I know. Quick elimination of large pockets of manpower for one. Bigger damage is another one. How about using mini drones with laser acquisition or is that not possible for artillery rounds yet?

you are thinking in expensive, not available weaponry. no offense of course, like i stated in another thread i dont mind elaborating on the reality in the field. large pockets of manpower?. sure but you either end up with option 1 i mentioned, being to saturate an target area. or 2 illegal weaponry like cluster warheads or WP (white phosphorous).

for your question, yes there are drones available that can laze an target area to get an grid reference for an arty strike. but again its too expensive and elaborate and its way easier to just send an guy there in an recon team to instead laze the target, get an grid reference and radio it back to an artillery unit. the chances of an handful of guys being detected is way smaller than some drone flying overhead.  

if the NAF wants to whipe an unit off the map, and they know where they are... they hit them in the early hours like 0300 in the morning. most of them will be asleep anyway and put more rounds trough their artillery weaponry than they normally would, its what the millitary calls saturating an target. basically as soon the shell ejects out of the gun ram an fresh round in with the propellant charge and fire the gun again. after their fire mission the NAF fire unit should immediately relocate to avoid counter-fire on their position. what does not get killed or destroyed by NAF fire will be rendered inoperable by either shrapnell damage or for personel blast damage or trauma of the extreme shelling.   dont forget Arty fire has an profound psychological effect next to its physical ones.

saturation fire even happens today within NATO, last time the Dutch used such tactics was in Afghanistan 2007, when Chora was in danger of being overun and kept the PZH2000 in saturation fire to neutralise anything that came near the FOB Chora.

Thank you for the explanation. In what scenario would high-tech. artillery like I mentioned help then?

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 4:00 am

etaepsilonk wrote:Since russian strategy seems to be attrition warfare, capturing territory may only be a secondary consideration.
    May you what you mean by define "attrition" here? If you mean who is able to hold out the longest before one side breaks I agree. Capturing Mariupol which happens to be lost territory AND a major economic center of Ukraine. One steel mill alone in Mariupol is estimated to generate a forth of Ukraine's foreign investment. Taking that away would significantly hurt the Ukrops ability to hold out against Novorossiya, if not start a chain reaction leading to the destruction of Ukraine's economy. So it makes a lot of sense in taking Mariupol if needed.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 03, 2015 4:01 am

Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:So I'm reading Donetsk is being shelled again. Where is the peaceloving EU or OSCE? As soon as the NAF start shelling back we'll be reading about how they are violating the ceasefire. Maybe the NAF do need to take back Mariupol and force Kiev to the negotiation table.
    Taking Mariupol back may be a major catalyst in destruction of the Ukrainian economy and maybe even the Ukrainian state (honestly it is a pretty slow reaction as of now). It will almost certainly result in the fall of the Pork regime soon afterward but they might be more encouraged to launch a full out strike against Novorossiya and maybe make a bold attempt to attack Crimea beforehand. Anyhow this would hurt Russia too right now. The Russian economy has been quickly recovering in times when Ukraine is relatively peaceful like right now. So even though people are suffering and dying, I do not see the Colorados striking that major of a blow unless the Hohols were to try something first.

Mariupol is heavily fortified and is particularly under the complete control of Azov battalion. The NAF has its forces spread thin on the front. In order to take Mariupol back, the NAF might need a push from a gentle and subtle "Eastern Wind" (hopefully with surgical airstrikes this time) to take Mariupol within a few days. Would be nice if Mariupol was put into a cauldron as well.

Does Mariupol want "taking" do they want to be part of Novorossiya or would it be considered an act of NAF aggression by the Mariupol citizens?

Mariupol relies on steel export, which has dropped to practically 0 for over a year already. At this point, Mariupol is a city in limbo IMO and most of its residents have escaped to elsewhere.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun May 03, 2015 4:03 am

Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the 'Member Introduction' forum.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 03, 2015 4:06 am

Neutrality wrote:
    kvs wrote:I don't think the rebels can hold much more territory as they are now.   They have improved significantly thanks to themselves
    and Russia, but they do not have the resources to capture land and hold it.   They cannot even drive the regime forces back
    far enough to stop the shelling of Donetsk.   Mariupol may be just too much resources.   A good guerrilla war would be nice but
    the partisan action seems to be rather weak.   People just don't want to fight.  This is not like Cuba in the late 1950s.   Perhaps
    with time people will start getting more interested in dying for their freedom, but now they want for the conflict go away, all by
    itself.

Ukrainians were free up until early 2014 and have only lived under dictatorship posing as a democracy for just over a year.
    Most of them are still in denial.   Donetsk and Lugansk were special in this regard.

I disagree with you here. Remember that NAF advance was stopped due to the Minks II agreements otherwise they'd be pushing very deep into Ukrainian territory right now. They caught a significant force with their pants down in Debalceve. And if that force would've been completely wiped out, the Ukrainian army wouldn't have the manpower to defend their territory against further advances of the NAF.

All of that reflects on the weak partisan action. As soon as things flare up again I expect this will follow as well.

I think the truth of the matter includes components of both of the views.

It seems to me that without the political obstacles, i.e. the peace offensive, the Novorussians can totally decimate the remnants of the Nazi combatants; however, they still can't liberate and hold much more territory, as a huge unoccupied geographical region has elements that resist liberation and maintenance of that situation by such a numerically small force as that of the Novorussians.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Thank you for the explanation. In what scenario would high-tech. artillery like I mentioned help then?

Use drones for recon. Drones have GPS. They tell exactly where enemy positions are. Then, use crude arti would be enough. cheers Hope that helps.

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 am

Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

The residents of Mariupol would not like war to be brought to them, but they do support Novorossiya. We saw that almost a full year ago.

There have been reports coming to Mariupol detailing the events happen since the National Guards and the locals clashed a year ago. It said that Maidanists (western Ukrainians on VERY long vacations) are infesting the streets while the Fascist battalions are protecting them. People who speak out against the new leadership are disappearing and others are moving to Russia or the West altogether. Some necessities are becoming scarce.

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 4:11 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Use drones for recon. Drones have GPS. They tell exactly where enemy positions are. Then, use crude arti would be enough. cheers  Hope that helps.
    the NAF needs to be as careful as they possibly can. Unlike the Hohols, the rebels need to keep local support.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sun May 03, 2015 4:15 am

Does anyone have an idea as to the size of the Uke force currently in Mariupol?
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun May 03, 2015 7:09 am

Neutrality wrote:
    whir wrote:
    OSCE wrote:The SMM monitored the implementation of the “Package of measures for the implementation of the Minsk agreements”. The SMM, based on its monitoring – which was restricted by third parties and by security considerations* – observed ongoing fighting in and around Donetsk airport, in the environs of Shyrokyne, and – to a lesser extent – in a number of other places. The SMM observed military movement on both sides of the contact line. Azov volunteer battalion members occupied an SMM observation point near Shyrokyne. Numerous peaceful rallies were held throughout the country.

The SMM continued to observe ceasefire violations in and around Donetsk airport, and near Shyrokyne (20km east of Mariupol).[1] The SMM also noted isolated violations in a number of other locations. Just outside government-controlled Mykolaivka (41km south of Donetsk), the SMM saw three – what it assessed to be – outgoing tank rounds fired from a location approximately 2km to the north. An incoming round followed, impacting approximately 400m north of the SMM’s position. The SMM also heard an artillery round impact 10km to the north of its position in “Lugansk People’s Republic” (“LPR”)-controlled Molodizhne (62km west of Luhansk).

At the end of that video, filthy scumbags. I genuinely hope the entire Azov battalion gets encircled and annihilated. No negotiations, no peaceful surrender. Complete and utter destruction. If you go to war to destroy then you must be ready to be destroyed.

/rant off

+1 Azov are pure filth and deserve nothing but extermination with extreme prejudice.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun May 03, 2015 7:49 am

Off Topic Off Topic but... statue of Snowden, Julian Assange and Bradley Manning in Berlin Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2549743&cid=5

The Situation in the Ukraine. #12 - Page 39 Xw_1088422
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Sun May 03, 2015 10:22 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    kvs wrote:I don't think the rebels can hold much more territory as they are now.   They have improved significantly thanks to themselves
    and Russia, but they do not have the resources to capture land and hold it.   They cannot even drive the regime forces back
    far enough to stop the shelling of Donetsk.   Mariupol may be just too much resources.   A good guerrilla war would be nice but
    the partisan action seems to be rather weak.   People just don't want to fight.  This is not like Cuba in the late 1950s.   Perhaps
    with time people will start getting more interested in dying for their freedom, but now they want for the conflict go away, all by
    itself.

Ukrainians were free up until early 2014 and have only lived under dictatorship posing as a democracy for just over a year.
    Most of them are still in denial.   Donetsk and Lugansk were special in this regard.

I disagree with you here. Remember that NAF advance was stopped due to the Minks II agreements otherwise they'd be pushing very deep into Ukrainian territory right now. They caught a significant force with their pants down in Debalceve. And if that force would've been completely wiped out, the Ukrainian army wouldn't have the manpower to defend their territory against further advances of the NAF.

All of that reflects on the weak partisan action. As soon as things flare up again I expect this will follow as well.

I think the truth of the matter includes components of both of the views.

It seems to me that without the political obstacles, i.e. the peace offensive, the Novorussians can totally decimate the remnants of the Nazi combatants; however, they still can't liberate and hold much more territory, as a huge unoccupied geographical region has elements that resist liberation and maintenance of that situation by such a numerically small force as that of the Novorussians.

It is one thing to liberate territory but after that you have to maintain it, people have to eat, medical supplies etc. They may have the power but the resources are scarce. This is real politik. For both sides advancing comes with a cost.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 03, 2015 11:10 am

Okay, so we all saw what happens at Donetsk just like it was in January. Whether this is trolling or ukrops lack of imagination and doing exactly the same again is yet to be seen. Anyway, as the war will start soon I thought of a particular scenario in the south involving ukrops major offensive. The reason I choose the south is because I do not think Kiev can launch two major offensives at the same time, only one and a strong diversion. I think the only option for any success for Kiev is in the south as VSN are rather exposed on that front and have no significant depth in which to maneuver and defend and, except for "assistance", if things go badly can only hope to withdraw into Russia. I posted this in that other place to test the water there, but even tho it is rather simplistic, for clarity, clearly any military affairs are beyond comprehension levels of some. If anybody thinks this is garbage then I'm fine with that, as long as there is an explanation for why it is garbage. It is only one scenario of several possible ones, just so happens it is the gloomy one, but need to think about this or a nasty surprise...

The disposition of forces from Donetsk to Shirokino indicates an attack by ukrops along a front stretching from Marinka to Elenovka and to Volnovakha. The attack from Volhovakha will be towards Telmanovo and co-incide with an attack east out of Mariupol towards Novoazovsk. This to force VSN in the southern sector to retreat into Russia, for even if ukrops do not inflict terminal damage on VSN forces on that front, it will be sufficient to drive them over the border, the Kiev calculation being that Russia will not blatantly interfere and if UA forces are along the border, then they will, except by succesful counter attack from the general area of Starabashevo, stay there. The attack out of Elenovka will co-incide with a UA attack out of Marinka into Petrovsky district and around the southern flank of Donetsk. The Elenovka forces will essentially act as force protection and hope to draw the strategic reserve onto them, and not the attack out of Marinka and or Volnovakha, they will be a "piggy in the middle". In early January I believe a "dry run" was carried out by ukrops as regards the Marinka/Elenovka scenario in order to test VSN defences and to see from where and how fast reinforcements arrived. I believe that though the two attacks failed, and were probably not expected to succeed, unfortunately ukrops gathered the information they needed. However, if you are attacked then you must defend, and to be honest there are limited possibilities of where to station the various elements of the strategic reserve. Tho we hear these noises about divisions worth of Russian forces in Donbass ready to strike to Mariupol and even to Melitipol and the Dnepr at Kherson, this is hogwash. A brief glimpse at a map will show that essentially VSN are in a bad position as regards the south and it will be a huge struggle to repel a major ukrops assault, talk of any VSN offensive in the south, with or without any Russian help, is laughable at this time. As regards what may or may not happen along the northern front, then we will have to wait and see what ukrops do, and what the counter attack will be.

The issue of what would happen if VSN are pressed against the border is complicated. If VSN have no choice but to cross the border, then it is difficult to see that territory being retaken, at least in the short term. For the purposes of my scenario I presume Kiev calculating that Russia would not send forces over the border, and this may be the case, tho only VVP will know this. It may depend on how hard and fast the assault was, and the distance to be covered is not far. A competent assault could reach the border very quickly, tho of course competent is not in Kiev dictionary, but we also must never underestimate them, or their handlers. Now, if VSN are withdrawing across the border it may be possible that to deter any hostile incursion into Russian territory, which is not exactly marked by a wall etc, pre-emptive and defensive artillery fire may be needed to stop ukrops forces. This will be picked up by Kiev "supporters" as "Russian aggression", yet if VSN have all, or mostly crossed the border and the southern front has collapsed, even if ukrops forces need to keep out of range of Russian artillery and cannot move right up to the border, they still would have scored a victory. It may of course be that any defensive fire on ukrops forces from Russian territory would not be from Russian forces, but those VSN artillery units that had already managed to withdraw.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Sun May 03, 2015 12:12 pm

Someone opened fire on a OSCE vehicle from north-west, while it was moving to the western edge of Shyrokyne. Presumably "Azov"?

Spot Report by OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM): Four incidents involving the SMM within last 36 hours wrote:On 2 May, at 11:55hrs, en route to Shyrokyne, approximately 1km west of the entrance of the village, the SMM heard a burst of small-arms fire originating from north-west of its position. The SMM armoured vehicle sustained a direct hit to its rear right corner from a single 5.45mm bullet fired in the burst. The SMM patrol did not sustain casualties as a result of the attack.

In related news, the same "Azov" refused to leave the occupied OSCE observer point, even after the intervention by Ukrainian officers from the JCCC.

Can't post the link yet, but it's from the 1 May 2015 report on their website.
    whir

Post  whir Sun May 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Vox Populi Evo wrote:

Kazzura wrote:

Ukraine News Today wrote:

DAN via Google Translate wrote:Украинские силовики из танков и минометов расстреливают блокпосты на окраине города Ясиноватая – глава райдаминистрации
    Ukrainian security officials from tanks and mortars shot roadblocks on the outskirts of Yasinovataya - Head raydaministratsii
    MAY 3, 2015 0:41
    Donets, May 3 - DAN. Security forces fired on the city Yasinovataya (Donetsk agglomeration) from tanks and mortars, said today correspondent. DAN head Yasinovatskiy district Yuri Corsair.

"For the moment bombardment outskirts of the city. Ukrainian security officials from tanks and mortars fired at roadblocks. While data is not affected, "- he said.

A similar situation in the Kiev region of Donetsk. As a result of the shelling, Ukrainian missiles and mortar shells exploded on the school grounds. Now the whole neighborhood Putilovsky smoke.

Sputnik wrote:Lavrov Calls on OSCE to Demand Kiev to Stop Ceasefire Violations in Donetsk
    01:37 03.05.2015(updated 02:13 03.05.2015)

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged the OSCE Chairman in a telephone conversation to demand Kiev to stop ceasefire violations in Donetsk.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov called on Chairperson of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Ivica Dacic to demand Kiev to stop ceasefire violations in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement Sunday.

“In connection with the reports on the Armed Forces of Ukraine having begun shelling of Donetsk from large-caliber guns, Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov urged OSCE Chairman… Ivica Dacic in a telephone conversation to use his authority so that special monitoring mission of the OSCE in Ukraine demanded Kiev to immediately stop gross violation of the Minsk Agreements,” the statement published on the ministry's official Facebook page said. Continue reading

RIA Novosti via Google Translate wrote:Представители ОБСЕ прибыли на место обстрелов в Донецке
    OSCE representatives arrived on the attacks in Donetsk
    11:37 03/05/2015 (Updated: 11:39 03/05/2015 )

Earlier, the head of the Kiev administration and Kuibyshev district of the city Ivan Prikhodko told Donetsk news agency that as a result of night shelling Ukrainian law enforcers Kiev region has massive destruction.

DONETSK, May 3 - RIA Novosti. The representatives of the OSCE mission in conjunction with the Deputy Commander of the self-proclaimed militia Donetsk People's Republic Eduard Basurinym arrived at the scene of Saturday's attack in the Kiev region of Donetsk, RIA Novosti reported.

The authorities in Donetsk reported large-scale destruction of the night shelling

Observers record the damage and make the data in a special report.

Earlier, the head of the Kiev administration and Kuibyshev district of the city Ivan Prikhodko told Donetsk news agency that as a result of night shelling Ukrainian law enforcers Kiev region has massive destruction.

The shelling lasted until 12 o'clock at night on May 2 and continued in the area in the morning on May 3.

According to the Ministry of Defence of the DNI, the fire was allegedly using a sample of ammunition NATO. "Right now, exactly the type of ammunition too early to say, but there is speculation that it was a sample of ammunition NATO," - said the representative office.

In mid-February in eastern Ukraine it was declared a truce, but soon resumed shootout, the two sides accused each other of violating the "silent mode" and state that are only returned fire. Shooting is conducted mainly in the south of the port of Mariupol, Donetsk region and destroyed at Donetsk airport. Continue reading

Dialog via Google Translate wrote:Матиос: в Украине призывают эпилептиков и туберкулезников
    Matios: Ukraine urge epileptics and consumptives
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #12 - Page 39 21nfntv
    May 1, 2015, 20:50 - Ukraine
    Matios accuses the medical commission of incompetence.

The Military Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine have evidence of recruitment into the Armed Forces of people with the disease epilepsy, said the chief military prosecutor of Ukraine Anatoly Matios.

"Just two days ago we found the facts (received treatment from the military) that found that more than 100 people who have symptoms of epilepsy, have been called," - he said on "Gromadska TV".

Matios said that an appeal had been received by the military that "after the booked arrival at the landfill and in the part of teamwork, found 100 cases (designed with signs of epilepsy - Ed.)."

There were cases of recruitment of people with active TB, said Matios.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 03, 2015 1:30 pm

With the new members joining the forum, this thread has come back to life again. Thanks guys and ladies.

It seems to me that, since the start of the war in Donbass, Google Translate has become useless, and seems to me that the translator generally reverses the meanings, so material posted by Russian speaking members is really a plus for this thread and the forum in general.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sun May 03, 2015 1:46 pm

whir wrote:

looks like he's having fun...he's gonna need salonpas for later tho.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun May 03, 2015 1:51 pm

@Werewolf: I told ya, Germany is a shadow ally of Russia. Obama chains prevent Merkel from openly support Putin. But who know what happened in the dark, beyond the vision of the White House ?

http://rt.com/news/255113-germany-soviet-nazi-massacre/

Mass murders of Soviet prisoners at the hands of the Nazis in Germany during WWII haven’t been taken into account, said German President Joachim Gauck, praising Soviet Army troops, who are owed “gratitude and respect”.

Gauck’s words were echoed by Chancellor Angela Merkel, who also said that Germany should not forget its Nazi past and try to be sensitive to those nations that were affected in the World War II. “There's no drawing a line under the history,” Merkel said. “We can see that in the Greece debate and in other European countries. We Germans have a special responsibility to be alert, sensitive and aware of what we did during the Nazi era and about lasting damage caused in other countries. I've got tremendous sympathy for that.”
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 pm

higurashihougi wrote:

Mass murders of Soviet prisoners at the hands of the Nazis in Germany during WWII haven’t been taken into account, said German President Joachim Gauck, praising Soviet Army troops, who are owed “gratitude and respect”.

Gauck’s words were echoed by Chancellor Angela Merkel, who also said that Germany should not forget its Nazi past and try to be sensitive to those nations that were affected in the World War II. “There's no drawing a line under the history,” Merkel said. “We can see that in the Greece debate and in other European countries. We Germans have a special responsibility to be alert, sensitive and aware of what we did during the Nazi era and about lasting damage caused in other countries. I've got tremendous sympathy for that.”

So any chance that this recent (second) NSA scandal in Germany is Merkel's attempt to build off American support? I don't like tinfoil hat theories but the only logical consequence of this revelation about the BND being used by the NSA to spy on European allies is to have less ties with the USA.
    whir

Post  whir Sun May 03, 2015 2:16 pm

higurashihougi wrote:I told ya, Germany is a shadow ally of Russia. Obama chains prevent Merkel from openly support Putin. But who know what happened in the dark, beyond the vision of the White House ?
    Germany could have thwarted Washington's position without compromising it's relation with Moscow just by stating that the agreement signed by EU foreign ministers was to be held or no agreement would be reached with the new authorities but Ukraine is a winner-takes-all game with no compromise in mind since the start.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sun May 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    etaepsilonk wrote:Since russian strategy seems to be attrition warfare, capturing territory may only be a secondary consideration.
    May you what you mean by define "attrition" here? If you mean who is able to hold out the longest before one side breaks I agree. Capturing Mariupol which happens to be lost territory AND a major economic center of Ukraine. One steel mill alone in Mariupol is estimated to generate a forth of Ukraine's foreign investment. Taking that away would significantly hurt the Ukrops ability to hold out against Novorossiya, if not start a chain reaction leading to the destruction of Ukraine's economy. So it makes a lot of sense in taking Mariupol if needed.

According to some prorussian trolls, ukrainian economy should've collapsed several times by now.

Yes, by attrition I mean who'll hold out the longest. Usually it also means that army is reluctant to engage in head on assault on major urban centers because of, you've guessed it, attrition Wink
    And Ukraine can replace manpower losses far easier than russia and it's lackeys.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:With the new members joining the forum, this thread has come back to life again. Thanks guys and ladies.

It seems to me that, since the start of the war in Donbass, Google Translate has become useless, and seems to me that the translator generally reverses the meanings, so material posted by Russian speaking members is really a plus for this thread and the forum in general.
    There is one other consequence of the war that does not get recognition, perhaps because it is so obvious, but we have all had to become expert at finding very obscure places in Donbass on a map. Sometimes I have given up, then find that whatever place has been spoken about is not even marked on map because it is the locals name for a field or some stream or small hill. But I'm sure that now we could all draw a very detailed map of Donbass in our sleep...
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 03, 2015 2:45 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

According to some prorussian trolls, ukrainian economy should've collapsed several times by now.

Yes, by attrition I mean who'll hold out the longest. Usually it also means that army is reluctant to engage in head on assault on major urban centers because of, you've guessed it, attrition Wink
    And Ukraine can replace manpower losses far easier than russia and it's lackeys.

Ukraine's economy has been downgraded to a pre-default state by Western rating agencies. There's no need for anyone to troll because it's a reality.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:23 am