Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
The-thing-next-door
Interlinked
Tingsay
Isos
rrob
getoverit
Fred333
0nillie0
GarryB
eehnie
par far
calm
Singular_Transform
Viktor
Grazneyar
Godric
auslander
KiloGolf
whir
nomadski
KoTeMoRe
ultimatewarrior
crod
d_taddei2
zorobabel
Kimppis
Karl Haushofer
BKP
miketheterrible
victor1985
SeigSoloyvov
Azi
Project Canada
JohninMK
Rmf
Svyatoslavich
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
kingodthequeens
OminousSpudd
Prince Darling
franco
Cucumber Khan
Specnaz
sheytanelkebir
RTN
jhelb
George1
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
Big_Gazza
Manov
max steel
kvs
Zivo
VladimirSahin
chromatin1
Trexonian
G Bob
Hannibal Barca
Vympel
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
higurashihougi
Mike E
Sujoy
TheArmenian
flamming_python
Werewolf
macedonian
Asf
TR1
Vann7
vK_man
SSDD
ahmedfire
nemrod
As Sa'iqa
AlfaT8
medo
sepheronx
Department Of Defense
Cyberspec
collegeboy16
gaurav
NickM
BTRfan
Firebird
Regular
Corrosion
chenzhao
KomissarBojanchev
SOC
Admin
Turk1
milky_candy_sugar
102 posters

Talking bollocks thread

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Talking bollocks thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

Post  Cyberspec Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am

Russia is a Slavic country with a large number of native non Slavic minorities. But it's essence (majority population, language, culture, history etc) is Slavic. When it ceases to be that it won't be Russia anymore.

In another sense, geopolitically speaking, Russia is a successor to the Byzantine Empire. It's a separate civilisation from both Western Europe and Asia. And thank god for that. At least one major country isn't following the self destructive path of out control "multiculturalism", gay marriages, so called progressive liberal bureaucrats and special interest groups deciding for me what's best. What I can say, eat, smoke...

BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:49 am

Cyberspec wrote:Russia is a Slavic country with a large number of native non Slavic minorities. But it's essence (majority population, language, culture, history etc) is Slavic. When it ceases to be that it won't be Russia anymore.

In another sense, geopolitically speaking, Russia is a successor to the Byzantine Empire. It's a separate civilisation from both Western Europe and Asia. And thank god for that. At least one major country isn't following the self destructive path of out control "multiculturalism", gay marriages, so called progressive liberal bureaucrats and special interest groups deciding for me what's best. What I can say, eat, smoke...

Thank you, that's my main point. If Russia were to become 40% Turkic, 20% Chinese, and 10% Africa, it wouldn't be Russia anymore.
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:02 am

BTRfan wrote:
    Thank you, that's my main point. If Russia were to become 40% Turkic, 20% Chinese, and 10% Africa, it wouldn't be Russia anymore.

But America will still be America because its a nation built on Illegal immigrants. Wink
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:54 am

Cyberspec wrote: At least one major country isn't following the self destructive path of out control "multiculturalism", gay marriages, so called progressive liberal bureaucrats and special interest groups deciding for me what's best.

And that brings you to Australia ..??
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 am

Department Of Defense wrote:

Australia among others....it's a common theme in most Western countries and it's called social engineering. Shoving values down people's throat that they do not accept. A whole industry and self interested bureaucracy has grown from it
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 am

Cyberspec wrote:Australia among others....it's a common theme in most Western countries and it's called social engineering. Shoving values down people's throat that they do not accept. A whole industry and self interested bureaucracy has grown from it

Interesting , the line between the West & Russia is fast disappearing .
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Probably 747. Razz
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Cyberspec wrote:Australia among others....it's a common theme in most Western countries and it's called social engineering. Shoving values down people's throat that they do not accept. A whole industry and self interested bureaucracy has grown from it

Interesting , the line between the West & Russia is fast disappearing .
    Yeah, give it about 10 years and we will see this guy as Russian president

GRAPHIC WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Boris Moiseev looks straight like arrow compared to him
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Firebird wrote:
    And this maniac Regular is the most intolerant person you could imagine.
    Absolutely correct.

He smears British people as lazy scum, and makes up a load of lies.
    Again absolutely correct.
    Can anyone tell me how to make the reputation of this IRregular to -10000.
    That what he deserves.

What was it he called Britain? Something like a "politically correct shithole". If he said that in a lot of British pubs, he'd be sent back to his gypsy patch - in a body bag.

Actually Regular has become a undisputed leader in taking the level of this discussion to absolute abyss.The level of his english grammer and thinking is primitive to say the least.

He smears British people as lazy scum, and makes up a load of lies.

His comments are extremely painful and venomous to say the least.

The amount of venomic radiation that he spews on this forum is unprecedented.

Its clear how his kind were supporters of Hitler, and committed appalling crimes against Russia.
    I am really shocked that he has a russian surname .That Kuzmin puppy is a hitler

puppy to say the least.His ancestors were regulars in Russian army.

Now I have doubt that they were actually german soldiers who sided with Hitler.
    He is the biggest IR-Regular I have ever seen.

If the guy had kept his mouth shut and respectful to his hosts, I wouldnt have even bothered speaking.

Thats the real truth I would never have written this kind of post if he had kept his venom spewing mouth shut.

He has truly the traits of "great Kuzmin" guess why.. because he has uncanny nack of

emitting racist videos and surnames because of his upbriging which is clearly inadequate.

I seriously support Firebird in this nasty series of comments that has taken part. thumbsup

And yes something about BTRfan..

I do understand what you are saying in these series of posts.
    But it is not necessary that you graphically project your explanation
    With racially tainted comments.

I think you are going overboard with your racially tainted comments on U.S , Indians and Russians.

Firebird

Post  Firebird Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:36 pm

gaurav wrote:.

I seriously support Firebird in this nasty series of comments that has taken part. thumbsup

guarav, many thanks for your thoughtful comments thumbsup

garry, I note your comments too, inc the ones about your worksearch ordeal in the past : )

Unfortunately, nonsense spewers are an "occupational hazard" for any forum.
    The overwhelming majority of posters here put up real quality posts. So I think I'll concentrate on those for the time being.
    After all, the rest of us have the brains to work out what is what ..

Do you feel confident that Russia will seize an opportunity in the WTO which will mean increased prosperity and increased population. Or do u think things will go the opposite way?

Personally, I think prosperity is the key to it all- whether Russia can become less reliant on high oil prices, and more a producer of technology, iconic brands, finance etc. I also wonder about CIS migration and how this might effect matters.

Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 am

gaurav wrote:

You either understood nothing of what Regular said or you understood the opposite , therefore your outburst is misplaced and ill conceived . From the posts that you have made in this forum so far , I wonder if you even understand the difference between a screwdriver and a hammer.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:43 pm

gaurav wrote:

You either understood nothing of what Regular said or you understood the opposite , therefore your outburst is misplaced and ill conceived . From the posts that you have made in this forum so far , I wonder if you even understand the difference between a screwdriver and a hammer.

I think what Guarav was saying to me, was in relation to Regular's claim that British people are lazy and workshy. Partly because he'd benefitted nicely from import of workers into England, partly for other reasons. Garry was good enough to post his unpleasant experiences of looking for work. And I hardly think he is a stupid, lazy layabout. Regular's comments were extremely offensive to anyone who's seen their country harmed by the import of cheap labour, and to young people putting off starting families for ec reasons(edit- eg in Russia especially). Which means Britain, Russia, America, many first World countries really.

As far as I'm concerned, the point has been made. The vast majority of the forum is intelligent comments, and reasoned debate. There's no need for things to go into meltdown.
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Firebird wrote: extremely offensive to anyone who's seen their country harmed by the import of cheap labour, and to young people putting off starting families for ec reasons(edit- eg in Russia especially). Which means Britain, Russia, America, many first World countries really.

I am assuming you are Russian so you would know better about Russia than I do. What we see here in the US is importing cheap labor actually helps the economy as long as the labor is registered. Needless to say that we cherish (legal) immigration that has helped us to become the world's prime economic & military superpower. Bear in mind that in the 60s & 70s thousands of people from the UK migrated to the US and there are more than 3 million Russians living in the US. Why ? when they came in they were "cheap labor" . Period . And we all benefited .

Blair wanted to replicate the US story in the UK and failed because historically people in the UK are opposed to non European/Anglo Saxon immigration into their country .White English people cannot be described as immigrants ( though the vast majority actually descended from Scandanavia)and the same applies to Slavs in Russia as well . But then take a tour of any global city like NYC ,Dubai , Singapore , Hong Kong and you will see that these are totally multicultural cities . The same applies to London as well . It desired to become a global financial hub and hence the huge number of foreigners who live their . Modern day Shanghai is far more mixed race than it was just 5 years ago. And guess what hundreds of people from Russia & UK work in Shanghai . The Chinese still want more skilled immigrants.

At the end of the day it basically boils down to a question of security . The Chinese do not think they will be run over by immigrants , coz all the immigrants are legit . Russia & much of Europe think exactly the opposite as most of their immigrants are illegal .

Firebird wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the point has been made. The vast majority of the forum is intelligent comments, and reasoned debate. There's no need for things to go into meltdown.

Sounds good . Though Guarav's comments were anything but intelligent .
    Regular
    Regular

Talking bollocks thread - Page 6 Empty Talking Bollocks 2

Post  Regular Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm not trying redeem myself, but English is not my mother tongue and I had to learn it myself. Written English is one thing I definitely want to improve.
    Second of all, I might caused some grievances because I felt for Nicks remarks about Anglo-Saxons and their superiority over Slavs and other ethnic groups. I said bad things about Brits and I can say even worse things about my country as I've spent more time there and seen more nonsense. If I there would be lithuanian supremacist dickhead I would show him his place.
    I am straightforward person, my dick won't fall off if I say sorry to ones that I insulted. But telling Eastern European that I will be knifed or beaten like a gypsy is not appropriate thing, especially if you like your front teeth. Insulting Indians is not nice in my book too, they already proven themselves to the world.
    And I really reconsider my further rants about British society, don't want to hit sensitive nerve, make people spill their tea and make them cry
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 am

Blair wanted to replicate the US story in the UK and failed because historically people in the UK are opposed to non European/Anglo Saxon immigration into their country .

Sorry... I actually laughed when I read this... here in New Zealand when I fill out an official document I often have to enter my ethnicity and my ethnicity is "white European" even though I am a 6th generation New Zealander.

If I wanted to live in the old country however I could only get a temporary work visa when I was younger and now I can't even get that... for a New Zealander to move to the UK you need a parent or grandparent to be British so I don't qualify even if my white skin was acceptable to the natives. Smile
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Regular wrote:I'm not trying redeem myself, but English is not my mother tongue and I had to learn it myself. Written English is one thing I definitely want to improve.
    Second of all, I might caused some grievances because I felt for Nicks remarks about Anglo-Saxons and their superiority over Slavs and other ethnic groups. I said bad things about Brits and I can say even worse things about my country as I've spent more time there and seen more nonsense. If I there would be lithuanian supremacist dickhead I would show him his place.
    I am straightforward person, my dick won't fall off if I say sorry to ones that I insulted. But telling Eastern European that I will be knifed or beaten like a gypsy is not appropriate thing, especially if you like your front teeth. Insulting Indians is not nice in my book too, they already proven themselves to the world.
    And I really reconsider my further rants about British society, don't want to hit sensitive nerve, make people spill their tea and make them cry

: )
    Thankyou for your post.As you can see, the EU freedom of movement thing is a big topic in Britain, and a very sensitive one. Maybe it will even cause Britain to leave the EU. I think the gypsy comments were just a result of things going into meltdown, not anything else. As someone more Russian and Slavic than British by blood, me becoming an Anglo-Nationalist would be a bit silly Very Happy

Clearly there are some strongly held views around the forums, not ones we are all gonna agree on. All I can say is, maybe we should all consider how we phrase things. Otherwise, it can become a domino effect. As I said, the knowledge and debate on pure military matters is always top quality.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Firebird wrote: extremely offensive to anyone who's seen their country harmed by the import of cheap labour, and to young people putting off starting families for ec reasons(edit- eg in Russia especially). Which means Britain, Russia, America, many first World countries really.

I am assuming you are Russian so you would know better about Russia than I do. What we see here in the US is importing cheap labor actually helps the economy as long as the labor is registered. Needless to say that we cherish (legal) immigration that has helped us to become the world's prime economic & military superpower. Bear in mind that in the 60s & 70s thousands of people from the UK migrated to the US and there are more than 3 million Russians living in the US. Why ? when they came in they were "cheap labor" . Period . And we all benefited .

Blair wanted to replicate the US story in the UK and failed because historically people in the UK are opposed to non European/Anglo Saxon immigration into their country .White English people cannot be described as immigrants ( though the vast majority actually descended from Scandanavia)and the same applies to Slavs in Russia as well . But then take a tour of any global city like NYC ,Dubai , Singapore , Hong Kong and you will see that these are totally multicultural cities . The same applies to London as well . It desired to become a global financial hub and hence the huge number of foreigners who live their . Modern day Shanghai is far more mixed race than it was just 5 years ago. And guess what hundreds of people from Russia & UK work in Shanghai . The Chinese still want more skilled immigrants.

At the end of the day it basically boils down to a question of security . The Chinese do not think they will be run over by immigrants , coz all the immigrants are legit . Russia & much of Europe think exactly the opposite as most of their immigrants are illegal .

I'm sure Blair only wanted to push wages down, and hence short term inflation figures.
    This was sowing the seeds of future ec problems... after he was gone.

Britain isnt like America. There is limited land, so its hard to build a new factory or energy plant. These tend to be built elsewhere in Europe. And property is hugely expensive compared to the US. In America you can build a massive new city for immigrants virtually anywhere.

The immigrants we were getting werent Segei Brins producing new Googles. They were replacing bar staff, builders etc - current jobs were going. And the money was going back to Hungary, Poland whatever. So again, it was not like America, where they stay or fight in wars.

Now Russia DOES have lots of land. But the country is still pretty unified. There is a national pride. This doesnt really occur in the same way,when you have 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants at odds with the locals. This means a loss of society. I really think that should not be underestimated. In America, most people are immigrants. In Russia, virtually everyone is proud to be Russian, I think.

I suspect Britain and Russia wont overly mind geniuses from Oracle etc setting up certain joint venture businesses where Russia learns skills and develops.
    Or wonderful exotic restautants appearing in Moscow. But they wont be thriled with low wagers taking jobs that are already being done.

And the idea of large waves of Chinese is deeply disturbing to me..

PS I'm of Russian and British descent, British born. So its not right for me to say "Russia this.." because I do not live in the |Federation. I'm only speculating from what Russian friends tell me.
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Now Russia DOES have lots of land. But the country is still pretty unified. There is a national pride. This doesnt really occur in the same way,when you have 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants at odds with the locals. This means a loss of society. I really think that should not be underestimated. In America, most people are immigrants. In Russia, virtually everyone is proud to be Russian, I think.

I suspect Britain and Russia wont overly mind geniuses from Oracle etc setting up certain joint venture businesses where Russia learns skills and develops.
    Or wonderful exotic restautants appearing in Moscow. But they wont be thriled with low wagers taking jobs that are already being done.

And the idea of large waves of Chinese is deeply disturbing to me..

PS I'm of Russian and British descent, British born. So its not right for me to say "Russia this.." because I do not live in the |Federation. I'm only speculating from what Russian friends tell me.

Actually in the USA probably 80% of people who are living in the USA were born here and 65% of people in the USA are descended from people who have been here for at least 100-150 years.
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

GarryB wrote: for a New Zealander to move to the UK you need a parent or grandparent to be British so I don't qualify even if my white skin was acceptable to the natives.
    Whether you get a job in the UK or not is beside the point . A few guys from North Dakota who returned from their Australia posting last month tells me that a number of people from the UK are searching for jobs in Australia . Fact is you would not be considered by the locals as an outcast as is the case with Africans and Asians in the UK . My forefathers were Catholic and when they moved to the US in the early 50s they were not liked by the majority Protestants . I guess you got the drift.
    Firebird wrote: Britain isnt like America. There is limited land, so its hard to build a new factory or energy plant.
    Unlike the US , the UK made most of it’s wealth by colonizing countries in Africa & Asia who were unable to defend themselves . They tried to colonize Russia too but successive defeats in a number of battles ensured that they could not. The UK’s biggest exports have always been services and not products .

Firebird wrote:The immigrants we were getting werent Segei Brins producing new Googles.
    The UK was never an IT power like the US . It’s more of a Financial power . A number of immigrants especially Arabs & Hindoos have created great businesses in the UK .

Firebird wrote:They were replacing bar staff, builders etc - current jobs were going. And the money was going back to Hungary, Poland whatever.
    That’s because local people find such jobs beneath them . Travel to Dubai , these jobs are done by muslims from Africa & Pakistan . This is a global phenomenon not isolated to the UK .
    Firebird wrote:And the idea of large waves of Chinese is deeply disturbing to me.
    And that’s why God created Chuck Norris  . I doubt large waves of Chinese can find any job in Russia that their huge economy cannot provide them already so their chances of entering Russia in huge numbers can be ruled out . About the Chinese military , I am less certain.
    Firebird wrote:PS I'm of Russian and British descent, British born.
    No offense (People’s ethnic background makes little/no difference to me) but that’s an unlikely mix ..right ? Traditionally Brits have always hated Russians probably as much as they hate blacks , Indians , chinese etc . In a way it’s similar to saying I am of Arab & Jewish decent .
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 pm

That’s because local people find such jobs beneath them . Travel to Dubai , these jobs are done by muslims from Africa & Pakistan . This is a global phenomenon not isolated to the UK .

Typical Jewish propaganda that we hear in the West.

Along the lines of "they do work Americand won't do" when referring to construction, day labor, agriculture, etc, in the USA.

What it actually is, they accept a standard of living that Americans will not and indeed cannot accept.

Down the street from where I live there are 14 cars parked in one driveway, with at least 18 Mexicans living in the house. Most White people do not want to live 18 to a house.

Mexicans can afford to make $7 dollars per hour cash doing day labor because they pocket EVERY penny. A White man who wants to take home $7 dollars per hour has to make $10 dollars per hour because taxes are going to take at least $3 dollars per hour.

A Mexican can also receive free medical care because the hospital cannot turn him away for lacking insurance, lacking the cash to pay, or even for being illegally in the USA.

A Mexican can also receive food stamps because the government programs do not verify citizenship and it is illegal to deny somebody benefits because they are not here legally.

So a Mexican can afford to take a job that pays $7 dollars per hour because he is also receiving $200 to $400 per month in food stamps, his medical care is covered, and he has virtually no expenses other than maintaining his car and putting gasoline in his car. Essentially the money he makes is disposable income that he can spend as he pleases.

A White man may not mind sharing a house with two or three friends, perhaps even 5 to a house, but he doesn't want 17 other people in his house, not even if they're related to him.

It is not a case that the aliens are willing to work that Americans are unwilling to do. It is a case where the aliens are willing to accept low wages because they are fine with living like animals because that is essentially what they are, animals.

Down the road in another neighborhood they found 32 Chinese living in a 4 bedroom house. They had bunk beds all over the place and it was overflowing with filth.
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:14 pm

BTRfan wrote:Typical Jewish propaganda that we hear in the West.

I am assuming you are Jewish coz I can't be Catholic & Jewish at the same time .

BTRfan wrote:Along the lines of "they do work Americand won't do" when referring to construction, day labor, agriculture, etc, in the USA.

You are speaking out of your a$$ . This and the rest of what you have written are your Jewish propaganda .

BTRfan wrote:A White man may not mind sharing a house with two or three friends, perhaps even 5 to a house .

So you are Jewish and Gay . Jewish + Gay = Basket Case

I certainly do mind as does all the other "White men" in my neighborhood .

BTRfan wrote:Down the road in another neighborhood they found 32 Chinese living in a 4 bedroom house. They had bunk beds all over the place and it was overflowing with filth.

Seems you have friends at all the low places .
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm

BTRfan wrote:Typical Jewish propaganda that we hear in the West.

I am assuming you are Jewish coz I can't be Catholic & Jewish at the same time .

BTRfan wrote:Along the lines of "they do work Americand won't do" when referring to construction, day labor, agriculture, etc, in the USA.

You are speaking out of your a$$ . This and the rest of what you have written are your Jewish propaganda .

BTRfan wrote:A White man may not mind sharing a house with two or three friends, perhaps even 5 to a house .

So you are Jewish and Gay . Jewish + Gay = Basket Case

I certainly do mind as does all the other "White men" in my neighborhood .

BTRfan wrote:Down the road in another neighborhood they found 32 Chinese living in a 4 bedroom house. They had bunk beds all over the place and it was overflowing with filth.

I think you're just a filthy Jewish mongrel who likes to make shit up.

Calling other members homosexuals should be an offense.

You've already made it clear in another thread that you're a Jew.
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Jews are supposed to be good with numbers/math.

If you have 32 Chinamen living in one house, even if the monthly payment on the house is $2,000 or $3,000 dollars [in other words- a very upscale house], they can each kick in around $80 to $100 dollars and easily make the payment.

So no, it isn't a "low place" it is an upscale area that was cheapened by the presence of 32 Chinese peasants who lived in one house and trashed the place until the authorities found out how many people they had under one roof.
    Department Of Defense

Post  Department Of Defense Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

BTRfan wrote:I think you're just a filthy Jewish mongrel who likes to make shit up.

Feel free to think that I am a Jew . Makes no difference .

BTRfan wrote:Calling other members homosexuals should be an offense.

Only on the forum for retards.com of which you are the administrator .

BTRfan wrote:You've already made it clear in another thread that you're a Jew.

Just like you have proved in threads after threads that you are a brainfart .
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 pm

BTRfan wrote:I think you're just a filthy Jewish mongrel who likes to make shit up.

Feel free to think that I am a Jew . Makes no difference .

BTRfan wrote:Calling other members homosexuals should be an offense.

Only on the forum for retards.com of which you are the administrator .

BTRfan wrote:You've already made it clear in another thread that you're a Jew.

Just like you have proved in threads after threads that you are a brainfart .

You just posted in another thread that you are an Arab/Jew hybrid.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a.cgBZL1nWhs

I believe that applies to you, you're a paid Israeli apologist.

Israel Army Unit Waging Internet Battle After Gaza Criticism

By Gwen Ackerman - December 2, 2009 17:01 EST

An Israeli soldier looks out from his tank

Dec. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Israel’s army is recruiting soldiers for a new unit that is waging a virtual public relations battle on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to improve the military’s image.

“Because of the platform you can get a lot of information out relatively easily,” said Sergeant Aliza Landes, who heads the unit. “The Internet, and especially social networks, Web 2.0 and bloggers, are an increasingly important and powerful way to disseminate information.”

Israel first began seriously using the Internet as a public-relations tool during a three-week military initiative in the Gaza Strip that began on Dec. 27 to stop rocket attacks on its southern towns and cities. The army launched a YouTube channel that month and broadcast footage of air force attacks on Gaza targets, including one of a missile aborted once officers realized civilians were in the area.

A unit dedicated to Internet publicity was officially formed in September and we “continue to grow and invest in manpower and resources,” Major Erik Snider, an army spokesman, said by telephone. “It is absolutely important for the Israeli army to be out there. There are few armies around the world that receive the scrutiny and attention that the Israeli military does.”

Individual video views on the army’s YouTube channel have reached more than 8.5 million people, Landes said. On Twitter, the army has 1,485 followers. It recently started a blog and will soon launch an official presence on Facebook.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:44 am