Lots of things to say about the article.
1) Buisness Insider is US propaganda. To add insult to injury, the US MiC is shilling as hard as they can to sell F-35 to India. So it makes it even more interesting it is pushing it on the Indian section.
2) Most will praise their own systems, no matter what. To make sales, moral boost, etc.
3) Some pilots said it's a piece of shit, others say it is the best thing since sliced bread.
4) The pilot makes no sense in his comments. Plane does 16, 32 or whatever other things at once while previous jets couldn't. What? Previous jets from Russia as example has sensors where it can pick up and launch countermeasures while flying, while trying to strike a land or air target. What makes this so different? It doesn't. Plane can't fly forward while reversing or going up and down at same time. A lot of just pure bullshit to sell a product.
5) Pilot admits it isn't really stealth and it will be detected but states they will see what is detecting them. Great, what if the system isn't a radar but passive system? Then the F-35 won't notice it is being detected.
6) Pilot makes the assumption that all Russian and Chinese systems are 6 separate systems all communicating with each other in order to work. Which is blatantly wrong since the IADs structure can allow other passive systems and other radar systems to work with the AD systems if in case some other system fails. As well, the command system can be automated where response time is in the single digit seconds. As well, pilot forgets various SHORADS like Pantsir, Tor and Strela has optical tracking and engaging systems to work along with its radar for heavy jamming environments. Such systems also operate separately if needed to be hence why all components for it to work are on the same Chasis.
7) So the F-35 expects that he hits 1 target, lets say engagement radar. What about the other engagement radars and other systems that would also be tracking it? What about the enemies air Force? Su-35 can detect it roughly 90km away with passive systems. How will F-35 detect that? It would need to turn on its radar. Which passive sensors from both ground and aircraft would detect that.
enemies like Russia had EW systems as part of IADS now. So what would F-35 do if their electronics are being jammed?
It really is far more complex than this. And this isn't the first time US claimed something as invincible or jam proof only to be proven wrong (RQ-170).
But its advertising and due to simplicity if Indian people, there will be a lot of morons in India jumping around wanting this jet for Indian AF.