Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
JohninMK
PhSt
dino00
verkhoturye51
x_54_u43
Hole
Rodion_Romanovic
Nibiru
kumbor
Gibraltar
Tsavo Lion
LMFS
The-thing-next-door
Singular_Transform
miketheterrible
Benya
marat
hoom
AlfaT8
TheRealist
Zivo
Isos
PapaDragon
Dima
eehnie
SeigSoloyvov
Rmf
Project Canada
Triod
chicken
max steel
Flanky
jhelb
Cyberspec
Kyo
sepheronx
franco
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
mack8
Tyloe
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
kvs
collegeboy16
Austin
wilhelm
Stealthflanker
xeno
flamming_python
runaway
Firebird
Viktor
KomissarBojanchev
Vann7
Flyingdutchman
GarryB
TR1
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
George1
65 posters

Promising destroyer "Lider-class"

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Promising destroyer "Lider-class" - Page 20 Empty Re: Promising destroyer "Lider-class"

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 am

Isos wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Yeah that idea isn't feasible at all. There are reasons things aren't quad packed in that way.

Nuke propulsion? That is such a vague term, I have no clue what you mean.

There is generally ZERO reasons to try and use nuclear propulsion for missiles, Nuclear power is expensive, requires more space and it really doesn't offer a speed difference.

For things like ICBM's it makes some sense as they need to travel extreme distances but for Anti-Ship and Anti-Air missiles, Nuclear power is pointless. Conventional methods due the job just fine.

I feel like you watched some sci-fi movie and got weird ideas from that.

Nuclear propulsion for the ship. That would free some space for more uksk.

What reasons ? They are designed to be quad packed this way. Look at the picture. Naval S-300 rotary launchers use the same silos for the missiles and can be quad packed. US navy also quadpack missiles and I already gave you data about weight and the picture proves they already made that on ground launchers.

Unless you bring some real data, could you stop pretending being an engineer and when you are not.

No, it wouldn't again not a real thing.

Going from conventional to nuke power would offer very little space changes. This alone shows you don't really know what you're talking about.

There is a difference between on the ground launchers and ships, ships have narrow space to work with. It's silly I even need to mention this most basic detail. You just can't take something and have it take up all the space it wants, this is why Navies design VLS systems for ships because they must be built within a specific size range, width and length.

If your talking about was feasible they would have done it. I have never seen a navy take a SAM system stick it into a ship VLS area and try and use it in that manner, because these are two different weapon systems that operate differently.

I am not an engineer no but I know enough to know when something makes no dam sense and your idea makes no sense. It sounds good on paper but thats all, you don't need to be a master engineer to realize something so simple.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Promising destroyer "Lider-class" - Page 20 Empty Re: Promising destroyer "Lider-class"

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:19 am

Again, could mods please lock this redundant tread?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:00 pm

Again, could mods please lock this redundant tread?

Yeah, I think it is probably time.

I am locking this thread because it seems the Lider programme has been cut.

Feel free to create other threads regarding potential future destroyer classes or programmes, but this thread is over.
    GarryB

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am