Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

PhSt
    PhSt

New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy - Page 10 Empty Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

Post  PhSt Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:33 pm

Which part of Russia is going to be ideal for landing cosmonauts? I heard Kazakhstan is used as landing site during Soviet times and until now because of its vast steppes. But how about in Russia?
    lyle6
    lyle6

New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy - Page 10 Empty Re: New Russian Cosmodrome - Vostochniy

Post  lyle6 Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 pm

PhSt wrote:Which part of Russia is going to be ideal for landing cosmonauts? I heard Kazakhstan is used as landing site during Soviet times and until now because of its vast steppes. But how about in Russia?
    Best place to land after months in space would be at the finest bordello in all of Russias. What? A man must satisfy some urges somehow Twisted Evil

PapaDragon likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:47 am

The landing area for the new space station on a different orbit will be different... it is probably rather useful that they are expanding rail networks to the north and far east of Russia as well as building airfields around the place too...

The direction of return might change radically and make Russian landing areas more desirable.

BTW, regarding what they want when they come back down I would think some peace and quiet and not having to do things all the time would be at the top of their list... while on the space station they would each have fairly full rosters of jobs that need to be done and the constant sound of fans blowing air around the place would probably become annoying very quickly...

I would probably be playing with my TB-82... launching flares and shooting the local wildlife... Smile

... if they are still using it of course...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:28 pm