Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+90
Maximmmm
franco
JohninMK
Rmf
PapaDragon
zepia
Cplnew83
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Rodinazombie
higurashihougi
George1
mack8
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
Flanky
ExBeobachter1987
rtech
Cyberspec
Dima
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Honesroc
Tyloe
mutantsushi
collegeboy16
kvs
VladimirSahin
Regular
bantugbro
Kyo
zidzu
F-15E
GarryB
wilhelm
type055
par far
GJ Flanker
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Big_Gazza
Firebird
arpakola
Feldmarszal
EKS
Hachimoto
navyfield
redgiacomo
Mike E
fragmachine
Asf
flamming_python
macedonian
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
Vann7
highlander3
Deep Throat
Sujoy
dionis
Zivo
Shadåw
ricky123
Mr.Kalishnikov47
KomissarBojanchev
medo
TR1
ahmedfire
AbsoluteZero
runaway
Ogannisyan8887
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Austin
milky_candy_sugar
NationalRus
Cléo
Serbia Forever 2
Viktor
Sukhoi37_Terminator
IBRIS
Jelena
soldieroffortune
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
Stealthflanker
Russian Patriot
94 posters

    Mistral News thread

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3490
    Points : 3735
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  par far Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:16 am

    The French aircraft is heading towards Middle East, let's say that they start something in Syria and Russia hits them back, what happens then?
    zidzu
    zidzu


    Posts : 11
    Points : 9
    Join date : 2014-10-30
    Location : Colombo

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  zidzu Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:00 am

    par far wrote:The French aircraft is heading towards Middle East, let's say that they start something in Syria and Russia hits them back, what happens then?

    Coalition against ISIS already bombing in Syria which includes France
    Beside Russia docent have a Love for the Syrian government or for the Assad to start a war with France
    Syria is about keeping west occupied in Middle East for Russia, and its working
    Questions is can the French Dassault Rafale jet fighter avoided Russian anti aircraft missiles ( BUk & S-300) which already in Syria but according to Russian they dint provide the full  S-300  missile systems to the Syrians
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Kyo Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:29 pm

    Back to business:

    Russia step-by-step closing in on target
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Kyo Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:17 pm

    Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry
    runaway
    runaway


    Posts : 417
    Points : 430
    Join date : 2010-11-12
    Location : Sweden

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  runaway Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 pm

    Kyo wrote:Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry


    No news yet about filing a lawsuit against France for failure to deliver the ships according to contract. And with the intensified war in eastern ukraine, its highly unlikey that the French will change their mind anytime soon.
    Seems the Mistrals will be rusting away at quayside, because as someone wrote earlier, the ships are half russian property.

    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5921
    Points : 6110
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Werewolf Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:38 pm

    runaway wrote:
    Kyo wrote:Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry


    No news yet about filing a lawsuit against France for failure to deliver the ships according to contract. And with the intensified war in eastern ukraine, its highly unlikey that the French will change their mind anytime soon.
    Seems the Mistrals will be rusting away at quayside, because as someone wrote earlier, the ships are half russian property.


    Marie Le Pen will change the France mind quickly and hopefully shit on rest of EU along on German vassal slaves in this puddle regime here.
    zidzu
    zidzu


    Posts : 11
    Points : 9
    Join date : 2014-10-30
    Location : Colombo

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  zidzu Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:31 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    Kyo wrote:Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry


    No news yet about filing a lawsuit against France for failure to deliver the ships according to contract. And with the intensified war in eastern ukraine, its highly unlikey that the French will change their mind anytime soon.
    Seems the Mistrals will be rusting away at quayside, because as someone wrote earlier, the ships are half russian property.


    Marie Le Pen will change the France mind quickly and hopefully shit on rest of EU along on German vassal slaves in this puddle regime here.

    If nicolas sarkozy win  the next  election most probally he will deliver the two mistral class ship to russia
    http://rt.com/news/230283-sarkozy-crimea-russia-blamed/
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5921
    Points : 6110
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Werewolf Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:34 am

    zidzu wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    Kyo wrote:Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry


    No news yet about filing a lawsuit against France for failure to deliver the ships according to contract. And with the intensified war in eastern ukraine, its highly unlikey that the French will change their mind anytime soon.
    Seems the Mistrals will be rusting away at quayside, because as someone wrote earlier, the ships are half russian property.


    Marie Le Pen will change the France mind quickly and hopefully shit on rest of EU along on German vassal slaves in this puddle regime here.

    If nicolas sarkozy win  the next  election most probally he will deliver the two mistral class ship to russia
    http://rt.com/news/230283-sarkozy-crimea-russia-blamed/

    I've no trust in this spine-less crook.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi


    Posts : 3174
    Points : 3261
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  higurashihougi Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 am

    Werewolf wrote:I've no trust in this spine-less crook.

    It is just a tactic to gain vote and popular support, no more no less. And I don't know whether Le Pen has enough power to do what she promise.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5921
    Points : 6110
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Werewolf Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:09 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:I've no trust in this spine-less crook.

    It is just a tactic to gain vote and popular support, no more no less. And I don't know whether Le Pen has enough power to do what she promise.

    She won't have much power but enough to make a statement to the rest of the slaves in europe untill this degenerated idiots actually look down and see their hands and feet in chains all connected to US.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9284
    Points : 9346
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 pm

    Time for Russia stop whining and start suing.

    What better way is there to change someone's mind, than to show them that there will be consenquences to their actions.

    Of course, that might make them dig in and be more stubborn too, but then Russia wouldn't have lost anything anyway, and can reclaim the money it paid and get compensated too.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon


    Posts : 8138
    Points : 8273
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:18 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    zidzu wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    Kyo wrote:Russia has paid about 1 bln euro for Mistrals: Russian defense ministry


    No news yet about filing a lawsuit against France for failure to deliver the ships according to contract. And with the intensified war in eastern ukraine, its highly unlikey that the French will change their mind anytime soon.
    Seems the Mistrals will be rusting away at quayside, because as someone wrote earlier, the ships are half russian property.


    Marie Le Pen will change the France mind quickly and hopefully shit on rest of EU along on German vassal slaves in this puddle regime here.

    If nicolas sarkozy win  the next  election most probally he will deliver the two mistral class ship to russia
    http://rt.com/news/230283-sarkozy-crimea-russia-blamed/

    I've no trust in this spine-less crook.

    It's crazy that people are defending Sarkozy, the guy advocates nuclear sharing in Europe which no other country is the target of outside of Russia, and the step-father of his half-brother, is none other than the deceased Frank Wisner Sr. of the CIA, who headed up the despicable Clandestine Operations branch of the CIA, probably the most corrupt of all the branches of the CIA.
    Kyo
    Kyo


    Posts : 494
    Points : 541
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Kyo Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:18 pm

    Mistral deal still on hold despite new Minsk agreement: Fabius

    France's penalty may amount to around 3 bn euros if Paris fails to deliver
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 15445
    Points : 15582
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  kvs Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:51 am

    This sanctions on Russia for "meddling" in Ukraine BS is epically Orwellian.

    Consider the history of the USA in the South and South-West. The US expanded its territory at the expense of Mexico
    by supporting local "squatters" as in the case of Texas. Remember the Alamo!

    Well, the Donbas is populated by 8 million ethnic Russians. So excuse Russia for supporting its own like America did back
    in the day. And Russia is not even talking about annexing the Donbas, just having the rights of the locals respected. I thought
    the EU was all about such regional devolution and respected for ethnic and linguistic rights. Clearly, I am sadly mistaken.
    zidzu
    zidzu


    Posts : 11
    Points : 9
    Join date : 2014-10-30
    Location : Colombo

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  zidzu Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 am

    kvs wrote:This sanctions on Russia for "meddling" in Ukraine BS is epically Orwellian.  

    Consider the history of the USA in the South and South-West.   The US expanded its territory at the expense of Mexico
    by supporting local "squatters" as in the case of Texas.   Remember the Alamo!

    Well, the Donbas is populated by 8 million ethnic Russians.   So excuse Russia for supporting its own like America did back
    in the day.   And Russia is not even talking about annexing the Donbas, just having the rights of the locals respected.  I thought
    the EU was all about such regional devolution and respected for ethnic and linguistic rights.   Clearly, I am sadly mistaken.

    Second Mistral-class helicopter carrier’s also ready for delivery
    If the French don’t full fill the agreement with in next six months they are nothing but thief’s stilling Russia money
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39616
    Points : 40110
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  GarryB Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:24 am

    Even on the face of it... the US admit they are sending trainers to train the Kiev military and are considering sending weapons... some members of NATO have clearly already supplied the Ukrainian Kiev forces... why shouldn't Russia support a side as well?

    If russia is going to be accused of something and suffer economic sanctions for it... it might as well be allowed to commit the crime it has been found guilty of and already punished for.
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18385
    Points : 18882
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  George1 Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

    Construction of Second Mistral Gives Hope for Fulfilment of Contract

    The ongoing construction of the second “Mistral” at the shipyard in Saint-Nazaire brings hope in the performance of the contract by the French side. This was announced by the Deputy Director General of the state corporation “Rostec” on foreign economic cooperation Dmitry Shugaev.

    “We are all witnesses to the fact that the first ship “Mistral” is not delivered, while the second is being built. This gives hope that the problem will be solved. We hope for a positive outcome of all this history,” he said in radio station “Echo of Moscow”.

    According to Shugaev, France also hardly likes this story of “Mistral”, “because it shows our French comrades not with the best hand.”

    He also did not rule out that the situation around the “Mistral” could serve as one of the reasons for the refusal of India on purchases of French fighters Rafale.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4753
    Points : 4745
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Big_Gazza Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 am

    I wonder if this is linked to the French fecklessness over blocking the delivery of Russias Mistrals?

    India Scraps Rafale Fighter Deal

    "India has scrapped a deal with France to buy 126 Rafale medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), after three years of negotiations, due to the high cost of the project."

    The article doesn't mention the Mistral deal, but intimates that apart from high cost, the French refusal to allow the bulk of the Rafale manufacture to be done in India is the primary reason for the deals cancellation.  I'd like to think however that French arrogance and lack of concern for the principles of honest dealing in the Mistral affair (which wasn't technically affected by the sanctions regime) has led New Dehli to evaluate Hollandes France to be an unreliable partner who is vulnerable to foreign (ie US) pressure.

    For additional giggles, the article claims India is now looking at Su-30 as a replacement!

    "Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has recently said that Sukhoi-30 MKI fighters, which had been built by Hindustan Aeronautics at its Nashik plant, could be substituted for them, according to the website IndiaSpend."

    Hopefully this news can be confirmed.  If so, it's certainly brought a smile to my face  Laughing


    Edit:  Just noticed George1 has mentioned the refusal to buy Rafale in the previous post.  Didn't see that.... oh well...  I'll leave the post up anyway...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9284
    Points : 9346
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  flamming_python Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:04 am

    Su-30MKIs are a fine choice for.. well any role really.

    If they're looking for something more compact and slightly more cutting-edge, they can go for the MiG-35s - they would be a direct replacement for the Rafaels France offered.

    But really, the Su-30MKIs are just the least trouble out of all variants. They already have them in service and pilots who are used to them. They already have the production set up, the economies of scale are already up and they can manufacture more for not too high a price. Plus it has certain advantages that the smaller, compact fighters don't.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 8668
    Points : 8928
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 35
    Location : Canada

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  sepheronx Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm

    As per Itar Tass, France is not talking of Mistral to Russia anytime soon and it is on hold indefinately till Ukraine issue is solved. Guess France better give the money back, or they should be sued for theft.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi


    Posts : 3174
    Points : 3261
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  higurashihougi Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:47 pm

    @Big Gazza: seems like it is confirmed Cool

    http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/rafale-proposal-effectively-dead-as-dassault-bid-not-cheapest-115021600056_1.html

    http://rt.com/news/232739-india-denied-rafale-contract/

    http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/ajai-shukla-how-rafale-is-killing-the-air-force-s-future-115021601822_1.html

    avatar
    mutantsushi


    Posts : 283
    Points : 305
    Join date : 2013-12-11

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  mutantsushi Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 pm

    How is that "confirmed"? Those are all basically based on the same rumor, your RT article is even headlined "Media speculate...".
    It may very well be true, but I have yet to see real confirmation, so who knows...
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18385
    Points : 18882
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  George1 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:51 am

    Sea trials of "Sevastopol" will start in March
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18385
    Points : 18882
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  George1 Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 am

    Second Mistral Built for Russia Begins Sea Trials in March

    The Sevastopol, the second Mistral-class helicopter carrier built for Russia, is slated to begin sea trials in March, according to a representative of the French shipbuilding industry.

    The second Mistral-class amphibious assault ship built for Russia will begin sea trials later in March, a representative of the French shipbuilding industry told RIA Novosti.

    "The Sevastopol will begin trials as planned in March, with wharf employees on board. But if a decision is made on the Vladivostok (the first Mistral-class ship, which Russia hasn't yet received), and the crew from Russia comes to Saint-Nazaire, we will have to make a second sea trial, which will bring the wharf additional costs," the representative told the agency.

    The delivery of two Mistral-class assault ships to Russia was agreed under a $1.5 billion deal between Russian state-run arms exporter Rosoboronexport and French shipbuilder DCNS, signed in 2011.

    France was expected to deliver the first of the two helicopter carriers, the Vladivostok, by November 14, 2014. However, on November 25, French President Francois Hollande stated that the shipment would be suspended due to the alleged meddling of Moscow in the Ukrainian crisis.

    In January, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said the Russian side did not rule out the possibility of filing a suit against France within six months over its failure to deliver the Vladivostok ship, as the contract conditions remain unfulfilled.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150303/1018985556.html#ixzz3TJUAldhL
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18385
    Points : 18882
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  George1 Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm

    Second Mistral ship intended for Russia to undergo first sea trials mid-March

    Sponsored content


    Mistral News thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:13 pm