Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Il-476: News

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Il-476: News

Post  George1 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:52 am

TR1 wrote:http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/50989/

The first serial Il-76MD-90 is painted. Nice classical lines.

when it will be delivered??

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Painting of first serial Il-76MD-90A aircraft was completed

Painting of first serial Il-76MD-90A transport aircraft was completed. The jet was decorated with “Ulyanovsk” sign and the emblem of Ulyanovsk Region, the press-service reports.

For the first time ever Russian-produced polyurethane enamel was used for painting Il-76MD-90A. The All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Aviation Materials (VIAM) developed special enamels VE-69 and VE-71 for the upgraded “Il” aircraft. «The special feature of this paint is that it is almost matt rather than gloss. It has better spreadability and lower shagreen. VE-71 enamel has high abrasion and temperature resistance when applied to composites. These features are part of requirements set by the Russian military-transport aviation. These enamels also have some special protective properties», - First Deputy CEO of Spektr Avia, Vitaly Alexandrovich Zotov, explained.

The jet in the livery approved by Russian Ministry of Defense was delivered to Aviastar-SP in order to start planned ground and flight testing.

Il-76MD-90A was derived from Il-76MD aircraft, which was manufactured in Uzbekistan by Tashkent Aviation Production Association named after V.P. Chkalov.

Russian Ministry of Defense signed a contract for delivery of 39 Il-76MD-90A transport aircraft in October 2012 at a meeting held by the president of Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 pm

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:20 pm

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Deliveries of IL-476 abroad can begin after 2018

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Another Il-76MD-90A aircraft was delivered to the flight test department of Aviastar-SP
    Russian Aviaton » Wednesday November 12, 2014 11:15 MSK

Another Il-76MD-90A aircraft (MSN 0104) was rolled out of final assembly workshop of Aviastar-SP and transported to the enterprise’s flight test department. The jet was fitted with aircraft systems and equipment and its cockpit was fitted with state-of-the-art avionics suite. Pressure testing of a wingbox and fuselage center section has been completed, press-service of Aviastar reports.

“Upon completion of ground and production flight tests the jet will be transferred to aircraft painting workshop,” the enterprise noted.

Il-76MD-90A was derived from Il-76MD aircraft, which was manufactured in Uzbekistan by Tashkent Aviation Production Association named after V.P. Chkalov. The latest navigation equipment, automatic control system, communications system and glass cockpit meet all the existing requirements for aircraft avionics and help improve the flight safety and precision of aircraft navigation. The replacement of D-30KP2 engines with more advanced PS-90A-76 ones, installation of upgraded wing and reinforced landing gear significantly expand the jet’s operational capabilities, Aviastar-SP added.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:14 am

Russia’s IL-76MD-90A Successfully Completes Flight Tests

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:50 pm

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:23 pm

A new Il-76MD-90A (Il-476) has made its first flight today.

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/56961/

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:37 pm

First serial delivered thumbsup

The first production aircraft Il-76MD-90A passed the Russian Defense Ministry

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Why Boeing dominates in World's heavy lift aircraft market ? India has been buying C-17 lately and other boeing models are up in line . Why ILYUSHIN/russian heavy lift aircraft struggles in World Market . What about Ukrainian Antonov heavy lift aircrafts . They were quite good and hold heaviest cargo plane ever built record

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 pm

max steel wrote:Why Boeing dominates in World's heavy  lift aircraft market ? India has been buying C-17 lately and other boeing  models are up in line . Why ILYUSHIN/russian heavy lift aircraft struggles in World Market . What about Ukrainian Antonov heavy lift aircrafts . They were quite good and hold heaviest cargo plane ever built record

Suitcases of money can change decisions quite quickly.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:41 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Sorry I disagree on this one . I never heard any such news where Boeing Co. is lobbying or bribing the official to sell their cargo planes to them . I'm taking India's case for eg. : India uses C-17 Globemaster which has been extensively employed in evacuation and rescue operations ever since India bought 10 of them in 2013. The Globemasters have had 100 or more sorties in the last two-three years saving thousands of lives in Jammu and Kashmir floods, Yemen evacuation and most recently Nepal earthquake relief effort.

Impressed with the cargo carrier’s ability to deliver humanitarian aid and rescue stranded people operations has initiated a proposal to the Indian Government to buy additional three Globemasters.

“IAF has pressed the case for three more C-17s after it was informed that only five such aircraft are left for sale as the US firm (Boeing) has closed down the production line .

I've no knowledge of it but it can be that IL-76 can't match C17. size/engine capacity/ economical factor /Maintenance schedule etc . Just asking .

Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Ivan the Colorado on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:25 am

max steel wrote:Why Boeing dominates in World's heavy  lift aircraft market ? India has been buying C-17 lately and other boeing  models are up in line . Why ILYUSHIN/russian heavy lift aircraft struggles in World Market . What about Ukrainian Antonov heavy lift aircrafts . They were quite good and hold heaviest cargo plane ever built record
    The C-17 is still nowhere as prolific as the Il-76 in the market. I strongly suspect foul play in the Indian tender seeing how the Indians already operate the Il-76 and there are no known problems that the Indians have had. All the C-17 does for the Indians is severely complicate logistics and maintainance. Antonov is a shadow of what it once was. Without heavy Russian support, there probably will not be any new aircraft developed by them. As far as I know, Antonov is having trouble fulfilling current orders. Antonov is practically a cargo company with the capabilities to design things.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:55 am

max steel wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Sorry I disagree on this one . I never heard any such news where Boeing Co. is lobbying or bribing the official to sell their cargo planes to them . I'm taking India's case for eg. : India uses C-17 Globemaster which  has been extensively employed in evacuation and rescue operations ever since India bought 10 of them in 2013. The Globemasters have had 100 or more sorties in the last two-three years saving thousands of lives in Jammu and Kashmir floods, Yemen evacuation and most recently Nepal earthquake relief effort.

Impressed with the cargo carrier’s ability to deliver humanitarian aid and rescue stranded people operations has initiated a proposal to the Indian Government to buy additional three Globemasters.

“IAF has pressed the case for three more C-17s after it was informed that only five such aircraft are left for sale as the US firm (Boeing) has closed down the production line .

I've no knowledge of it but it can be  that IL-76  can't  match C17. size/engine capacity/ economical factor /Maintenance schedule etc . Just asking .

My brother in law is in the Indian airforce, there is always news of corruption. To think boeing doesn't do it is a joke.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

No corruption with Boeing... India paid something like half a billion dollars for each of its C-17s... at that price you could buy about 10 Il-76s and still have change for the price they paid for one.

If Boeing didn't bribe all the contracts would go to Airbus... and vice versa.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks Ivan , Seph and Mod GB. Yes there is corruption involved during defense deals with foreign purchaser by DOD .

Sepheronx are you an Indian ??

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:52 pm

US bribes with US tax payers money officials who are responsible for tenders or deals of countries so they can sign the deal, that is common.

If you research you will find dozens of such open bribery.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 pm

max steel wrote:Thanks Ivan , Seph and Mod GB. Yes there is corruption involved during defense deals with foreign purchaser by DOD .

I am not, my wife is. I am Ukrainian...,well, Canadian really of Ukrainian heritage.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    max steel wrote:Thanks Ivan , Seph and Mod GB. Yes there is corruption involved during defense deals with foreign purchaser by DOD .

I am not, my wife is. I am Ukrainian...,well, Canadian really  of Ukrainian heritage.

Btw, what is your signature because i get only this imageshack error picture?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

I am not, my wife is. I am Ukrainian...,well, Canadian really  of Ukrainian heritage.

Btw, what is your signature because i get only this imageshack error picture?

Was a tag I created years ago but clearly imageshack removed it. I have been far too lazy to change it.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:04 pm

How come you fell for an indian women being a slavic . were you running short of beautiful slavic women ? Laughing Embarassed cheers cheers lol!

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm

That is kinda funny.

My wife is very beautiful. I had a crush on her due to her beauty but fell in love with her when I found out how smart she is (she is an application developer) and she was quite political like myself. As time went on, we got married and had a beautiful daughter and hopefully another child, purchased a house together, and what not. She is very money concious, far more than me so I always feel guilt, but she is understanding and None demanding. Never met another girl, especially slavic, like her. Most of the woman in my family are slavic and they are hard to deal with.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 pm

What about that weird mp.net thread you made about your wife Seraphonx?

Always wondered wtf happened there.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Third Il-76MD-90A transferred to MOD:
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1284730.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:46 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 am