Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
d_taddei2
Walther von Oldenburg
ucmvulcan
ahmedfire
xeno
Big_Gazza
PapaDragon
Belisarius
Odin of Ossetia
Eugenio Argentina
Arrow
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
Firebird
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
thegopnik
Airbornewolf
nomadski
Isos
ALAMO
Hole
bandit6
wilhelm
Vympel
kvs
PhSt
zorobabel
Dr.Snufflebug
walle83
Rasisuki Nebia
Aristonicus
TMA1
AlfaT8
Backman
par far
dionis
Kiko
Scorpius
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
Ispan
franco
Regular
Sujoy
lancelot
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
ArgentinaGuard
SolidarityWithRussia
caveat emptor
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sprut-B
60 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

lyle6
    lyle6

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

Post  lyle6 Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:06 am

SeigSolovyov wrote:
    Love how people are now calling a project 22160 an irrelevant assist pure comedy.

That is not an irrelevant assist, downplaying the loss is sad
    I'm not downplaying the loss, I'm contextualizing it for our readers. Because in truth these efforts have all the effect of a pinprick.

In all of 2 years NATO has done less damage to the Russian Navy than the Indian Navy did by ruining the Akula SSN they had on lease. That's how pathetic NATO really is.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:42 am

RIP to the valiant patrol boat Sergey Kotov. He fought hard against daunting odds, and took down a good number of the ork bastards before succumbing.  Respect.

More scorched earth is required on the Odessa coast it does seem...  attack

BTW this is a NATO attack, not Ukropi. NATO tech, NATO personnel, NATO training... I must say I'm tending to agree now that Russia should send munitions to Yemen. Maybe even shipped on Russian flagged vessels so that they will pass unmolested and cargo gets delivered.

https://southfront.press/patrol-ship-sergey-kotov-of-russian-black-sea-fleet-lost-last-battle-against-ukrainian-unmanned-boats/

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, zardof, Eugenio Argentina and PhSt like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:02 am

These NATO attacks using semi-submersible drones will have the effect of raising the urgency of Russia taking the whole of the Ukrop-occupied Black Sea coastline. They cannot effectively ensure security for Crimea until the coastal areas are denied to the NATOstani faggots and their bandera butt-boys. Onwards to Nikolayev and Odessa.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, or at least right until the warhead detonates... Twisted Evil

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof, Hole and PhSt like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:15 am

Those semisubmersible drones are something that nobody faced till now in such numbers and missions.
    It will affect the designers of future warships, I do not doubt that.
    Russkie are learning hard, but I fully agree that part of the problem is them being so pragmatic.
    They really don't care much about irrelevant issues.
    It is a war, and war has its own logic.

Those three fried M1 and engineering vehicles cost double the Kotov ...

By the way, Geraniums were falling all over 404 all night long.
    It looks more and more like they don't even care much about anything to be intercepted at tactical scale. Kiev is in flames & fumes.

And today, March 6th, is set for checking all Russian civil defense warning systems. Sirens will go off all along Russia, so expect some fake news about mighty peremoga that turned the sirens roaring in Vladivostok Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

And some ... hmmm ... fascinating rumor, but from a source called very reliable ...

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:42 am

After all the ships that got hit during the 2 year SMO you'd expect Russia to send some gifts down in the Red Sea for those British and American warships, but no we have to contend with cool headed Mr Putin.

The west are a bunch of irrational hotheads who think their own sht doesn't smell... you don't correct the drunk idiot because most of the time they will just take a swing at you. When you know the idiot is carrying a gun you don't try to escalate things because in front of his friends he has to be the hero... or they wont be his friends any more because they know he is an idiot too.

If he didn't have that gun they wouldn't think he could protect them.

Attacks on Russa's black sea feet are Obviously Directly supervised by NATzO. Russia needs to RETALIATE and KILL A couple dozen NATzO personnel. NOW!

I would say most of the time these attacks are motivated because the Russians have killed some HATO advisors in some attack near the front or deep in the rear.

Another achievement by the Black Sea fleet. After 2 years of continuous humiliation, they've learned nothing.

Of course, like the Royal Air Force learned when it lost its first aircraft in WWI and it has never lost a single aircraft since because that is how the real world works.

Are you really that stupid?

This is quite impossible I was assured by Garry that the Russians could easily protect their ships worth saving and that the command of the BSF was totally competent

Now if this is true, I sure so love being proven right.

I understand you want to upset Russia and make them do something stupid so the west can respond with something even more stupid, but it is just a ship.

Russia is crushing its enemy on the battlefield and in the propaganda war, which is a real achievement considering the entire west has supported their enemy.

To me it makes you look like a fanboy and just proves you lied about being a soldier. No soldier would want their armed forces to fire their leadership when an enemy attack manages a fluke success... notice it is Kievs forces that are firing and replacing leaders so they can shift the blame with every loss on the battlefield.

Tell me if you were on the front line that these mass attacks against individual ships make you want to fight for Kiev. Will footage of this attack make Ukrainian men join up in their millions?

You know the answer... this is Kiev putting glitter on a turd and trying to sell it as a christmas decoration... but we all know it stinks.

Mass up enough drones and missiles and decoys and use them all at once and many corvettes will struggle to defend themselves.

The problem is that it is still going to take down a lot of drones and missiles and decoys and it really doesn't work against groups of ships.

Anyway, the ship got overwhelmed. Seems it was attacked multiple times and eventually something got through.

Ships have not been attacked by drones and decoys and missiles all at once before so this is new.

In comparison in the 1980s a low flying anti ship missile had a good chance of getting through a ships defences, these days you need something more.

Russia will apply these lessons to their new ship designs which are likely to be the best defended on the planet.

They lost a boat and so many of the usual suspects lost their minds over it... exactly what Kiev hoped for, but it does not change anything at all really... the Ukrainian ground forces are getting crushed. I just can't wait for them to get their F-16s so we can hear the excuses as to why they didn't last very long.

Hm that is some tasty salt more plz, I got to season food

Yeah, you love all these butthurt children crying when Kiev manages to sneak in a hit with the support of all of HATO and the worlds last super power.

It is just a ship.

Most of the other stuff needed comes from Russia.

One of the video channels I watch mentioned a Russian company that was caught selling material to a western front company that could be used for making ammo... The Russian company was part privately owned and so this incident was being used to nationalise the company to prevent repeats in future.

Best they did is bolt a tor missile system on the helicopter deck for a little while on one of the ships. It was easy prey. Trying to defend from missiles when you are no more than five or less miles from the coast is insanely difficult. The only way this stops is taking Odessa and the surrounding territory.

It is just confirmation that any future country called Ukraine or anything they want to call it needs to be land locked.

And Russian ships are sunk by Ukrainian drones not NATO warships

The sea surface drones we have seen are British designs, and these so called Ukrainian drones will have western motors and electronics and equipment and systems.... and will get targeting and control cues via the HATO system.

I think we should ask the crew of ex-Sergei Kotov which one was retard

The nazis they are fighting are the retards. This sort of thing does not help their cause at all and just means any deal will be less to their liking.

Their smartest move would be surrender now and their dumbest move would be to keep on fighting... and to be honest I am happy they are this dumb because it is destroying the demographic of a nazi state... which has to be a good thing.

Excuses and cope pure and simple, the ship was in port you can tell by the video there are buildings etc within view with lights on.

Yeah, no buildings on the coast at all anywhere on the planet... only in military naval ports...

The only question is why haven't the idiots who run the base defenses haven't been replaced yet.

Wah wah wah wah wah wah... when fighting HATO Russia is not allowed to lose anything at all and if they lose anything it must be incompetence... listen to yourself... but then you are here to stir trouble and that is what you are doing.

Either way it's sheer incompetence and you guys say the Russian navy can challenge the USN pfft with this track record the it would be. A one sided slaughter for the USN.

The USN couldn't even turn up, they have all sorts of western air defence systems in Kiev and they can't even stop Kh-22s.

The USN F-35s are not scary at all and your ships have no defence against a range of hypersonic anti ship missiles the Russians have had in service and are deployed widely.

The US Navy is a joke and can't even defend cargo ships from guys in Jandals...

Hit by drones 3-4 times it seems.

Funny video... it says it is not known if the ship was sunk but it was the x number ship sunk by Kiev... hahaha as usual... don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

No NATO country produces those drones for Ukraine they are Ukies produced more excuses.

The ones that ride on the sea surface are British drones, they have already admitted it.

And I thought according to the fanboys here Russia can out produce NATO....so which is it?

Russia cannot out produce NATO or they can

They are outproducing HATO in important things like missiles and bombs and ammunition for artillery and guns... but they are winning because they are killing Ukrainians... HATO will never send front line bodies for that job because they can't hide that number of deaths.

WASHINGTON, March 5 – RIA Novosti. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said his deputy, Victoria Nuland, has notified him of her intention to resign in the coming weeks.

So she knows it is over...

Run away before the whole shit show collapses and the people start pointing fingers...

Hopefully the Houtis and friends will be getting some nice Xmas toys for Ramadam from Russia. Which can be tested out on the Western perpetrators of this vile attack on Russia.

Israel has claimed Russia is helping Hamas and so when its little conflict ends it intends to send weapons to the Ukrainians... so why not help the Houthies and others against Israel. Their magic weapons don't seem to be magic either.

There was talk of Israeli mercs leaving Ukraine for Israel when that conflict started so it is not like they were not helping the Ukraine anyway.

US Deputy Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who announced her resignation from her post in the near future, will leave due to Russophobia and the failure of the anti-Russian course in American politics. This is how the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, commented on the US State Department’s message about Nuland’s plans to leave her position.

The question is, will her replacement be anti Russian too or will they be anti Chinese, and do they think Russia will stab China in the back to get the Americans to be friends. Or shall we take bets on who will replace Nuland... white, black, asian, male, female, straight, queer, orange hair, blue hair, gray hair... like a police identikit on random weirdo.

The real funny thing is that it wont matter much who replaces her... the damage is done... and I know some might think the damage is to Russia but actually the real damage is to the west because the west actually needed Russia more than Russia needed the west... we can see as the west collapses and their economies have negative growth that Russia has positive growth and is expanding its trade links to the rest of the world.

Nuland has spent a decade making this her primary focus and it has ended in total failure. She clearly doesn't want to be in the limelight when that reality becomes publicly undeniable. But from the 'cookies' and "F the EU" she will be forever linked to not just the failure of her plans for Ukraine but also the effect that it will have strategically on the US.

In 20 years time they will say her name... as in ... oops... I have trodden in some Nuland... do you have something to help me clean it off before I start to smell...

As a key player, she could go down in history as the person who lit the blue touch paper.

Really she should be revered in Russia because now they are getting real money for their energy exports and they don't have to bend a knee to the west. She has broken the spell of the west in Russia and now Russia can grow and develop without constraints.

Did the Ukrainians sink a patrol ship? Man if they did i have no words for the RU navy. If they have no effective way to protect the ships they really need to keep them behind nets until they figure something out.

Grow up. If I got 20 mates and gave them all rifles and we went into town and we picked a police car and we all opened fire and the cops abandoned the car and it caught fire and burned would you claim the police are incompetent?

Especially if I lost 10 mates in the process?

This is a war and sometimes, with good recon and management resources from HATO, they can mass up some drones and some decoys and some missiles and pick a relatively weak target and concentrate a mass attack on that target till your shots start getting through and you do enough damage.

How is that incompetence?

That is just what you expect the enemy to do. And when they do you try to make them pay either at the time or you monitor the comms signals before, during, and after the attack and you attack locations in Odessa where the signals come from.

Meanwhile on the front like you continue to kill 1,000 enemy troops a day...

I would never claim to be an expert. But I think the least they could do is not keep ships isolated so they can cover each other. They could also add more heavy machine guns and autocannon. Add night vision sensors (notice how most of the drone attacks are at night). Ships should also stay in harbor with nets. And finally they need more aircraft or drones to survey and track these drones at sea.

So you want to take resources and men and weapons and equipment away from the guys on the front line and send them to protect ships...

I would say let them keep attacking these ships... as long as you get the men off them in time it is just a ship.

I don't understand why so many are crying about this... especially the ones that complain that all their ships are obsolete crap anyway.

It has no relevance to the conflict itself, doesn't impact Russias abilities to wage the war it's been waging, but it is a bad look and peripheral money down the drain. I am actually surprised by the BSFs slow learning here.

When the losses don't matter much, why direct effort to protect them.

Let them sink patrol boats and landing ships... they wont make much difference during this conflict and they can examine these naval drone attacks and work out optimal solutions to deal with them.

Some of those remote weapon stations they are developing for land vehicles could be used in stabilised mounts with night optics and stabilised HMGs and light cannon to deal with all sorts of threats.

Even those Bulat mini Kornet ATGMs would be useful against air and surface targets when fitted with HE warheads and proximity fuses for air targets and HEAT warheads for surface running threats.

Why is CNN suddenly paddling pro-Russian narratives?

Reality is sinking in and all those US companies whose rich black soiled farmland and mines for Lithium and steel plants and of course other resources that US companies have bought up over the last ten years is going to end up on the wrong side of the border...

The hilarious thing is that when the west seizes that 300 billion of Russian funds then Russia can nationalise 300 billion in western assets in Russia and its new regions... in fact they are going to have to massively under value them, but that will be just fine.

The west can take that 300 billion but the western companies having their assets seized will be demanding they get their money back out of that 300 billion and pretty soon there will be nothing to pass on to anyone... and the rest of the world will see investments in the west can be seized... so they are not safe.

All the rest of the worlds money invested in the west will disappear...

Have a high press water cannon and when you have it on target press a button that releases small grenades into the water stream.

If it can launch grenades why bother with the pressurised water?

It would be awesome to witness Russia sink a western ship in Black Sea or Red Sea, but it will never happen. Everyone here knows it.

I really don't understand why you think that would be good.

These HATO people helping Kiev are real nazis who hate Russians, but even then I don't think Russians hate all HATO countries... they don't even hate Ukrainians.

But of course they will fight when they have to and because of the west they have to.

Now that Russia has no navy left wouldn't it be logical for Russia to end the war and give Crimea back to Ukraine? What use does Crimea have for Russia if Russia has no navy?

Using that logic why don't HATO countries hand over their skulls so Russian smokers can use them as ashtrays... because they are obviously not using them.

HATO has prepared for a very long time ways of attacking Sevastopol and the Black Sea Fleet and their accomplishments so far are honestly pathetic.

You wouldn't need to blanket the whole Black Sea with manned aircraft or drones. But you could at least cover the approaches to harbours and the areas around operational ships. Another alternative is taking it to them and blocking the areas where they operate these drone boats from. This could be done with flying drones.

They could step up coverage, but Ukraine has the use of HATO resources including satellites and can launch an attack any time a gap appears... which is not to say they shouldn't try to defend themselves, but they are just counting time while the land forces of Ukraine are crushed and destroyed and that is when the conflict will end.

The conflict wont end when the British run out of drones or those drones don't get a kill in two years of trying, it is when the Orc ground forces collapse... which sunk ships in the Black sea has no bearing on.

PD is correct though in that whoever is in charge of the BSF needs to be let go. Special attention is required.

Really? All of HATO is bent on defeating the BSF, with all their resources and energy and time and they have managed to hit a few targets by overwhelming them locally with numbers and you think the leadership is incompetent?

So the entire HATO command has been out played and out planned and out produced and you are still not happy.

HATO has proven to be a paper tiger with no claws and lots of mouth and **** all else but you want to fire people in Russia?

For each attack that had any success there were dozens of hundreds that just plain failed... they sent ten drones and when the first 4 or 5 were easily destroyed they called the rest off. Against a corvette and a few old tubs they managed to get through.

Remember there were also a few ships they claimed to have sunk and had footage of the drone getting right up to the boats before exploding but the ships were seen a day later with a bit of superficial damage but otherwise just fine.

Just so glad the Russians are not so focused on the propaganda war that they see this as a problem.

Some tug boats can tow wooden logs behind them and provide a barrier to Sea drones . Russia has plenty of Trees ! The tug boats can escort ships at Sea and tow these logs behind them . Not difficult .

What do you think a log is going to do? Most of the videos of the drone attacks show them approaching the rear of the ships from the side where any towed log would make no difference at all. These drones seem to be command detonated and don't just blow up when they hit something.

Can someone ban this dumb troll ?

Sometimes I feel foolish for a lot of things, but it makes me feel better about myself when I read the panic in some peoples posts...

Maybe if Russia gives the Crimea back to the Ukraine the west will be nice to them again.

Obvious problems with that would include... the Crimeans want no part of the Ukraine or the west, that the west has never been nice to Russia before and I doubt they would start being nice now, and third... Russia is rather too close to destroying the Ukrainian military that it would be pretty stupid to declare defeat over a few ships where is seems most of the crews are just fine.

Losing a modern warship is a big deal and shouldn't be downplayed. Still, Ukraine is losing.

Losing a warship in war time is to be expected... how about norway losing a much more expensive ship because it was racing with an oil tanker with children in charge... or damaging two ships when a ship coming in to pier rammed a ship already tied at that pier...

Pussy faggots losing it because the other side mounted a successful attack are the ones that should be fired... you are no longer military experts and are all demoted to the gardening section.

Formally, Victoria Nuland was only fourth in the US diplomatic hierarchy, but in terms of her real influence she was comparable to number one

I have always thought of her as number two...

She was good at her job, for decades she was responsible for important areas for Washington -

She helped start a war that has likely killed half a million Ukrainians already and is going to kill tens of thousands more before it is done and the result of that war has damaged the US and the west more than anything else they have done in the last 50 years.

She was terrible and probably ruined the wests chance to lead something like BRICS which is going to dominate trade and politics in the future.

Although Nuland is strongly associated with the Democratic Party of Obama and Biden, she is a cross-party diplomat -

A cross party whore with no morals or ethics.

Houthis and all other groups AT WAR with NATzO needs to be provided with thousands of drones and targeting data to SINK NATzO ships (An Aircraft carrier is preferable) in the Red Sea and beyond.

The Houthies don't need to take on US or UK or German ships of war, they just need to block transport ships and they will have achieved their aim.

Love how people are now calling a project 22160 an irrelevant assist pure comedy.

It was an experimental design that they have decided not to continue with... think of it as an LCS... and think of that LCS being sunk by 5 Onyx missiles.

Not really a surprise. And when the crew survives and is taken off then not a huge loss either.

I can't tell if Pod got banned or he just rage quit from posting on these threads from ships getting hit. he was an active poster on the Navy thread.

Have a read of the Banned thread.

Still could just be a bad editing job, but yeah another big fat BSF L because these ships just don't have what it takes to defend themselves from drone attacks at night.

The USS Cole was hit by a speed boat loaded with explosives... it is a new threat that most shipping would be vulnerable to... but somehow the BSF needs a complete overhaul because a few attacks have snuck through.

THat ship has a DP-65 auto grenade launcher. I wonder if it was used? They should modify this with a more powerful charge,

They don't have any auto grenade launchers in that range... they are 55mm grenades, the barrels are preloaded and fired, but they are intended to be used against frogmen and small boats... you would be much better off with HMG or light cannon like 23mm cannon.

More scorched earth is required on the Odessa coast it does seem...

No lives were lost it seems, but it is certain proof that the orcs need to be land locked.

Wow the moaning seems to have stopped... must be nighttime.

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:44 am

And some ... hmmm ... fascinating rumor, but from a source called very reliable ...

I am surprised this hasn't happened earlier because these guys would be high up enough to see how both sides conducted themselves during this war and which side is lying and which side treats their prisoners with respect and which are bastards...

Hole likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:57 am

thegopnik wrote:
    are we still talking about the stupid boat? how about we talk about the irrefutable footage of HIMARS which can't be misrepresented as any other MLRS system gets blown up with a rocket firing off that an excuse of it was a decoy gets thrown out the window? The tornado destroying this system is the equivalent of a m1a2sepv4 getting destroyed by a T-90 or an F-22 and F-35 getting killed by a Su-57. This is big news.

HIMARS costs a fraction of Bykov-class OPV and is much harder to hide than a ship which can just sail away back to it's home port

And if this is the first HIMARS that got taken out than Russian Army sucks some serious ass, they should be torching these by the trainloads by now

Also, don't try comparing some MLRS crap to fighter jets, it's not even in the ballpark

Sprut-B and owais.usmani like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:08 am

Big_Gazza wrote:RIP to the valiant patrol boat Sergey Kotov. He fought hard against daunting odds, and took down a good number of the ork bastards before succumbing. Respect.

You are taking a piss out of this whole thing, are ya?

This thing got assblasted and sent to the bottom by bunch of RC boats without even know what hit it and you are making it sound like it went down fighting like USS Samuel B. Roberts or some such shit lol1

This one will be getting less respect than even Moskva did Razz

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 am

I know that this forum is being monitored by both Russian and NATzO intelligence

So I will Repeat my demands

Sink NATzO Ships and Kill NATzO Troops Now ASAP attack attack attack

owais.usmani likes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:31 am

Also, it looks like Ukraine still has an abundant supply of food, drinking water, and energy.

Russia needs to BLOW UP more power plants, food storage, and water facilities in Ukraine ASAP attack attack attack

Impose more PAIN, SUFFERING, and AGONY on the NATzO Ukrop cannon fodders. Kill Them All sniper

The-thing-next-door likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:39 am

What NATO hardware has Russia destroyed in Ukraine?

Here’s a list of some of the pricey Western defense hardware destroyed to date:

🔺NATO main battle tanks including the M1 Abrams ($10mln apiece), Challenger 2s ($5.3mln each), and Leopard 1 and 2s ($5-$6.25mln apiece).

🔺M113 APC ($100k-$200k apiece) and Bradley IFV ($3.3-$4mln each), some of them captured intact.

🔺Patriot and SAMP-T extended range air and missile defenses. US officials confirmed that Russian strikes had “damaged” a Patriot battery in May 2023, and Russia’s MoD reported on the destruction of a SAMP-T in January 2024. These systems are among the costliest items in this list, going for $1.1bln and $44mln, respectively, with the interceptor missiles alone priced at between $1mln and $6mln each.

🔺The Russian MoD has reported on the destruction of other air defenses, including a $406 million NASAMS short-to-medium-range air defense system, and the IRIS-T, a European consortium-made short-range SAM going for $152 million per battery.

🔺Russian air, missile and drone strike rampage has also included the targeting of an array of NATO radars, including the AN/TRQ-36, a US-made fire finder radar priced at $1.5mln apiece, and Ukraine’s sole Skyguard II radar, delivered by Italy in early 2023.

🔺Russian forces have destroyed hundreds of NATO-built artillery pieces, from towed M777 and FH70 howitzers to an array of self-propelled guns, from the Czech-made DANA and the Slovak-made Zuzana to the French CAESAR, the German PzH 2000, the US M109 Paladin and the Swedish Archer. These guns’ prices vary wildly, from $600k for the FH70 to $20mln for the PzH 2000.

🔺When it comes to self-propelled rocket artillery, Russian operations have included a hunt for the deadly M142 HIMARS and M270 MLRS (priced at $4.3mln to $3.6mln, respectively).

🔺Russia’s air defenses have honed their skills targeting French SCALP EG and British Storm Shadow missiles, which go for $2.5mln each, even capturing a Storm Shadow intact last July.

@geopolitics_live

Cool

franco, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and Hole like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:44 am

@PhSt

It's not Russia's goal to induce unnecessary suffering on the civilian population of Ukraine. Especially considering that Putin considers Russians and Ukrainians to be one people.

Lapain likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:50 am

If they don't take all the coast nato will always give such weapons to attack russian ships to some neo nazi in western ukraine and attacks will keep going for years.

Russia can't fight without hurting ukrainian population. Energy infrastructure (electricity production as well as pil storage), transport (trains and bridges) and civilians comms (internet/starlink) will need to be destroyed badly one day or another.

They can't keep fighting like that. They lose all their black sea fleet and hits on other major air bases will keep going.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:53 am

Some are busy jerking in the sound of drumming ukro propaganda scratch

Not surprisingly, the same folks as usual scratch

With the same zero contribution to this society scratch

Well ... Carry on, soldiers, I only hope you are being paid for that, because being stupid free of charge would be funny.

On the other hand, we are facing one more staged PR campaign, orchestrated by the Brits, carried by the Brits, and with the help of Brit-provided tools.

Check the air traffic.

The campaign has been already planned - all western shitstream is buzzing with this crap.
    All of it.
    Pseudo-"technical" "news" sites, bloggers, "popular mechanics", Forbes ... all this shit.

They have even provided "price" of it, as adding irrelevant numbers based on inflated data is one of the tools here, too. 22160 patrol craft is cited to cost ... 65 mln $.
    How do we know that?
    Well, because UkroAbwehra provided this number a year ago when they have "sunk" it already.
    I will only remind you, that it was at least a third attempt to attack the hull.

I guess that a radical and effective solution would have been downing a NATO recon plane - as easy as that.
    Without real time recon and targeting, and data retranslation, those drones will be useless.
    Muricans tried this already in Syria, with P-8 being used for homing a swarm of drones against an airbase.
    What we see now, is just an escalation.
    Soooo ... I would expect a "mystery UAV" to collide with the next NATO recon plane over the Black Sea any moment.
    But it won't resolve the issue in 100%.
    Those planes are being operated from Romanian airspace, and that is a no-go-zone.
    What is an issue here, is a relatively close distance from NATO zone and Russian military bases located in Crimea.
    This is a very good example showing what are the real threats of pushing NATO further east.
    In is not some mythical "threat to Russian security", but the fact that they can monitor and cover a huge part of Russian military potential and arsenal.

That is why Russia is pushing so hard to cease the existence of Ukraine as a statehood, since April 2022.

If it will be a part of existing NATO members, there will be no further escalation, as any action will be considered hostile and lead to inevitable war.
    As soon as a drone lifts off from the Polish or Romanian soil, the Chapter 5 cases to exist.

franco, Airbornewolf, JohninMK and Belisarius like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:06 am

GarryB wrote:What do you think a log is going to do? Most of the videos of the drone attacks show them approaching the rear of the ships from the side where any towed log would make no difference at all. These drones seem to be command detonated and don't just blow up when they hit something.
    and

This problem easily solved by Ship itself towing Logs behind it ! Drone can sit and wait by the Logs , without exploding ! Since no gaps , even around Tug boats , lateral Logs on Tug boats , protecting sides of Tug boats , etc !  Mind you , the drones or Machiavelli explode with frustrations . Logs can be joined tail to tail and dangle chains underneath them to capture submergibles !

Twisted Evil

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Metal-10

Last edited by nomadski on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 am

There's been what, 3-4 HIMARS launchers destroyed on camera over the past few days, using Tornado-S.

Others have been claimed destroyed in the past in the same fashion, but out of range for UAV surveillance. Tornado has a max 120km range,  makes sense.

So the recent flurry of footage means that either the Ukrainians moved them closer to the front to make up for the rapidly diminishing tube artillery assets, or the Russians have gotten longer-ranged recon drones (well, they've had them, but UA AD has been a limiting factor), or it's a combination.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:16 am

... and Odessa is facing new arrivals for an entire morning as well.

This time, with something more serious, looks like Iskander here and there ...

British blood pudding is being served I guess.

Edit : or even better.
    Cocainsky was supposedly rewarding the elite of Ukro SSO ... in Odessa.
    Iskanders arrived when he was not there already ... but the SSO creme was.

d_taddei2, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole and Belisarius like this post

wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:16 pm

The Russian navy could really do with a lighter stabilised gun for lighter vessels, or even medium vessels with multiple installations, to counter these asymmetric threats such as these sea drones.
    Reutech has a family of these, from 12.7mm heavy machine gun, up to 20mm cannon.
    These are fully stabilised, with modern laser and thermal sighting systems for day/night threats. There is also a SuperRogue with 20mm cannon and guided missiles, such as ATGW based missiles.
    The 12.7mm weighs about 150kg, and the 20mm turret system weighs a mere 500kg, and can be mounted on very small patrol vessels upwards to large vessels.
    It was expressely designed to counter these types of threats 20 years ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reutech_Rogue

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 12_7mm10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Reutec10Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 12_7mm10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Reutec10

The Kashtun, even in its lighter M variant, weighs 12500kg.
    Even the Ak630m weighs about 6 times as heavy, and is not as modular.

The pintle mounted hand fired 14.5mm does not cut the mustard in this environment.
    A couple of SeaRogues per ship, even the lighter vessels, with 14.5mm instead of 12.7 or 20mm,  would have saved all these vessels.

Last edited by wilhelm on Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vympel, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Lapain, lyle6 and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:45 pm

Even the most modern CIWS has two major disadvantages.
    First, it must be capable of locating and tracking this type of target.

Just take a look at Ukro provided films - it is getting clear that they are using waves as hideouts.
    All attacks are carefully planned, with help of every asset NATO can provide - meteorology being one of those.

I can bet, that at the moment effective means for automated locating and tracking this type of weapon do not exist. At all, all over the world.

Usually, when drones have been located, targeted, and destroyed - it is the human eye responsible.

The other, even if you can locate, track, and target those - every system can be overwhelmed.
    It has one multipurpose gun, with a relatively modern fire control system, but it can't operate in a stern direction - a clear approach path for the drones, as proved on vid.
    Even if it can maneuver - if targeted by multiple drones arriving from multiple directions - can't handle them all.
    The other weapons on board are 14.5mm machine guns, that lack any night scopes and can be aimed manually only.
    Antisabotage grenade launcher is manually reloaded, and very limited in range - it is to fight divers.

Kotov was attacked by drones multiple times already, both directly and indirectly.
    Destroyed multiple drones, on multiple occasions.
    Ukrs claimed twice already, that they have sunk it - which proved to be a lie.

This devotion to the specified piece is not accidental - those are new ships that can be leveraged by propaganda as "destroying most modern Russian ships", being heavily underarmed at the same time.
    Those were not designed as warships, but armed patrol boats. If not painted in grey, we can consider it as a coastal guard ship. It was built with long endurance in mind, to fight pirates using fishing boats.

Every single action like this one has perfectly zero impact to the tide of a war.  It is being carried only for propaganda purposes, and the funny thing is that the expanses to carry them are most probably higher than effects. So far, Russkie destroyed tens of submersibles.
    Some of them have been neutralized and captured. We can't even guess the number of operators vaporized in the process, Brits who were provided as "advisors" - being operators in real.
    Losing a war big, we can expect only an increase of propaganda materials and terrorist actions like this one.
    We will see the Russian civilians being targeted by cluster ammo for purpose and this dickhead Cocainsky pretending them to be killed Ukrainians after.
    With Western shitstream pretending to believe in this crap for real.
    They will target coastal guards, hulks, and merchant ships - all that already witnessed.

The sole question is, who is dumb enough to swallow that - but only watching the list here, it is a rhetorical question.

d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, lyle6 and Belisarius like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:14 pm

There are so many angry little princesses here. Again. Let's be consistent:
    1. Currently, there is 0 evidence that the Sergei Kotov sank.
    2. Even if it really sank, what prevents it from being raised and repaired?
    3. Another Ukrov PR operation, which is designed to hide the fact that the Russian army has built a ruthless meat grinder that turns the Ukrov army into bloody minced meat. Right now, hundreds of thousands of ukropes will never return home.
    4. A warship participates in a combat mission and is lost. My God, this has never happened in history, has it?
    5. All these whining princesses are here. answer me - do I understand correctly that all those who died in Pearl Harbor were idiots and not worthy of mention?  Did the shameful defeat at Pearl Harbor mean that the United States had completely lost the war to Japan and had to surrender in disgrace? Oh wait a minute, something completely opposite happened in the real story, didn't it?

kvs, Hole, lancelot, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:41 pm

Because of the rampant levels of narcissism in Ukraine and in NATO, Russia should rename all lost ships to NATO and Ukrainian warmongers. Ukrainian ship sinks Zelensky, damn the NAFO mutts would spiral downward into mourning. Ukraine takes out Stoltenberg and Scholz. It would almost instantaneously end all the propaganda value of these attacks. I mean not even the dumbest NAFO mutt could celebrate the fact that Lloyd F Austin was burning from stem to stern
    bandit6

Post  bandit6 Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:09 pm

Am sure it won't be long until we see a Russian boomer being sunk while in port.

Russia is still fighting with one hand tied behind it's back. Very stupid. Ukraine still has functional airports, power, water,......
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:15 pm

bandit6 wrote:Russia is still fighting with one hand tied behind it's back. Very stupid. Ukraine still has functional airports, power, water

Why do you hate the Ukrainian civilian population so much? Personally, I have a lot of relatives stuck there - like many other Russians. Why do you think that we should want to kill our relatives because the Kiev neo-Nazi junta staged another PR campaign?

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, JohninMK, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:45 pm

Hello comrade FB!
    The crew of the BDK "Caesar Kunikov" repelled the attack of the Backs with all available forces and means, the battle lasted 20 minutes.
    Of the 10 backups, 4 were destroyed. The 5th BACKUP hit the Central Committee's BDK aft, thereby immobilizing the ship, after which 6,7,8,9, the backups alternately hit the BDK on the port side in the midship area (middle) and closer to the stern, in order to capsize the vessel (from the receipt of a large amount of water from one side).
    The 9th BACKUP partially entered the hole made by the previous BACKUP and detonated almost inside.
    The BDK could no longer be saved (the roll was rapidly increasing, the ship was lying on the left side).
    A little more than 40 minutes have passed since the discovery of enemy backups and the beginning of the battle, and before the complete flooding of the BDK.
    The BDK crew left the ship on life rafts, without loss of L/S, evacuated all secret documentation and part of the secret equipment with weapons.
    The last 10th BACK, conducted surveillance (filming) of the dying ship until the moment of sinking, after which, the 10th BACK tried to attack the tugboat accompanying the BDK Caesar Kunikov, but was destroyed by a group of PDSS on board"
    https://t.me/fighter_bomber/15913

All the angry little princesses are invited to comment on the methods and means by which they would easily cope with this situation.
    You can present your ingenious instructions on the tactics of countering sabotage attacks to the address of the Main Command of the Russian Navy, addressed to the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy, Nikolay Anatolyevich Evmenov. The email address for sending your recommendations: pm@mil.ru

sepheronx, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, JohninMK and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:53 pm

bandit6 wrote:Am sure it won't be long until we see a Russian boomer being sunk while in port.

Russia is still fighting with one hand tied behind it's back. Very stupid. Ukraine still has functional airports, power, water,......

I'm glad they sunk those Soviet junk ships and 22160 unarmed patrol dinghy

The grift operation is coming to an end

Sink all 6 of them, the VMF never needed such shit ships

For those that defended this class, the egg is sliding off your faces

Give the VMF ships with missiles, Air defenses, CIWS, ASW protection

Give a squadron of helios RLD or Altius drones

But no,  we still rolling with this Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Img_2366

Until we give money to the navy, the embarrassing show continues

And I don't blame the VMF by the way

Firing admirals won't do anything about grifters that approved a fucking 22160 unarmed patrol canoe

Or who continue to justify BE12 Laughing Laughing

Have fun patrolling for USV from a 1950s tourist plane

And another note,

22160 rolls with a Torm2 strapped to its deck, where instead of that, it should have SAM built into the hull and an actual helicopter on the landing pad, not a land based SAM system as a back up measure because the class itself is a useless piece of shit

And by helicopter i don't mean shitty Ka27 which is useless,  but an actual naval KA52 that can defend the ship from USV

Look how Chinese use their heads:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 19 Img_2367

But we still roll with inadequate morons approving orders for such ships, and then strapping a tor to the deck instead of using the ship for what it was supposed to

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:08 pm