Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
d_taddei2
Walther von Oldenburg
ucmvulcan
ahmedfire
xeno
Big_Gazza
PapaDragon
Belisarius
Odin of Ossetia
Eugenio Argentina
Arrow
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
Firebird
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
thegopnik
Airbornewolf
nomadski
Isos
ALAMO
Hole
bandit6
wilhelm
Vympel
kvs
PhSt
zorobabel
Dr.Snufflebug
walle83
Rasisuki Nebia
Aristonicus
TMA1
AlfaT8
Backman
par far
dionis
Kiko
Scorpius
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
Ispan
franco
Regular
Sujoy
lancelot
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
ArgentinaGuard
SolidarityWithRussia
caveat emptor
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sprut-B
60 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

ArgentinaGuard

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:19 am

How many Ukrainians have left their country? I'll tell you something, in Buenos Aires (I don't live there but I know) it is full of Ukrainian women, some with their male ukros partners. Since they are white and blonde, and this is a very racist country, they are well received. While my country is 50 percent poor, it receives these stupid people without restrictions.
    They all seem to portray a liberal life without economic worries. Nationalist propaganda, homesexual woke propaganda. I have two theories: either they are couples of criminals from Azov or they are cowards with money who escaped from their country.
    There must also be Russians who escaped military service. Both deserve my deepest contempt.
    These people are trash. Imagine that England invaded Argentina and I went to live in Germany or Italy, and left my people.
    I don't want argentine children to grow up or have these ukros faggots around them. These people should be expelled.

Last edited by ArgentinaGuard on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, xeno, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:25 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Img_2363

In the Chasov Yar area, we see progress at Ivanovskoye

This is after successes in Rabotino, and the Lastochkino settlement

It seems they want this to really start on a push through Chasov Yar

Anyway both the Artemovsk and Avdeyevsky directions are vital

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, thegopnik and Hole like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:47 am

This is some other user's words and not mine from kiwi farms.

With the front being the way it is we have not seen this much movement since 2022. This phase of the war looks like the early phase of the war after the bait and switch with the peace deal but before Ukraine had managed to finish mobilization. The difference now is there is no way Ukraine can mobilize to fix their problems.

I'd thought I take the opportunity to discuss a general picture of how things might go in a more detailed manner than I have before and discuss the maneuver warfare question.

When armies collapse it doesn't happen all of the sudden. It is a slow process which culminates in the army being able to give ineffectual resistance. Ukraine is in the process of collapsing right now but they are still able to give some resistance which results in Russian Casualties and means Russia can't simply do whatever they want whenever they want. I think this is going to result in a situation not too unlike Avdeevka/Bakhmut/Soledar where Ukrainians can't retreat and eventually get bottled up into cities. We have seen that song and dance before so I won't discuss that too much.

The next place something like that is going to happen is probably here. This war is really starting to bring up comparisons to 2014. (my prediction about Siversk appears to be wrong though I made it to test a theory). Anyway this is one of the last big and really strong defensive lines left in the Donbass. It is the last line but the other ones are weaker and easier to take. This will be a hard fight that is probably going to take at least a month or so. There will still be movement in the south and it may even be quick and impressive but I think this will eventually turn into the main show.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 17088310
    But once that is done and some of the other defensive lines in the south are taken Ukraine will be much more open to attack. If reports about the situation west of Avdeevka are true Ukraine is having trouble having infantry even construct basic trenches because they keep getting harassed by drones.

Taking one part of a line invalidates the rest of the line unless it has another line bisecting it that prevents the Russians from moving horizontally. This lines definitely make things take longer.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 17088310

Which brings up something I think might happen as this war develops. Ukrainians without fortifications will be extremely vulnerable out in the open. The obvious thing to do and what Ukrainians have done in the past is retreat to cities and use them as Ersatz fortifications. This will eventually leave Russia with a decision to make once it starts getting to places like Dnipro, Poltava and Kharkov. Does Russia spend a lot time and resources taking those cities or do they bypass them. I am leaning towards Russia eventually bypassing those cities and leaving a small amount of troops surrounding the city and slowly destroy the Ukrainian defenders over time rather than stopping to take the city and then keep going.

I think Russia will do this because they want to maximize the pressure they put on Ukraine. The slower they move the more time Ukraine has to train up troops and try and build new defensives.

Which brings me into the question of is Maneuver war still possible? My answer to that is yes but probably not in the WW2 Germans surrounding everyone in a blitzkrieg manner. Driving a narrow line through enemy territory is a bad idea. The problem is simply that the more you drive a deep but narrow line into the enemy the more and more you open yourself up to enemy fire. Perimeter minimization comes into play here.

If that is true why had Russia had such a hard time implementing it? This is the impetuous that made me write this. The reason Russia has had so much trouble in the Donbass is because it is incredibly Urban. This is what made it possible for Ukraine to build fortifications. Look at the Donbas and how many cities it has. Once Russia breaks out of the Donbas it will be much easier to just drive north and capture everything. There will be hardly any cities in the way. It will also help that Ukraine will be degraded to all hell by the time Russia gets here.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Popula10

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, JohninMK and Arkanghelsk like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:02 am

That does not explain why didn't they take Zaporizhzhia for example. The truth is traversing open fields also makes you vulnerable to drone attacks.

franco and d_taddei2 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54

Post  GarryB Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:51 am

How high does a blimp has to fly , if carrying Radar , to detect missile launch from enemy border ? Much cheaper to fly than plane . Can have honeycomb Kevlar helium pockets , to withstand occasional drone hits . Can have emergency chute if blimp crashing to save Radar . Can have back up balloons to inflate if loosing altitude . Light weight Radar , with metal bits replaced with composites ! Radar can be internal to blimp structure .

An airship could have a structure made of super light weight non flammable composite materials, internally it will have hydrogen bags but the airspace between those bags could be purged with nitrogen gas, which means even if you throw a road flare in there it would not burn the hydrogen because there would be no oxygen to burn. Nitrogen is inert and makes up 70 percent of the atmosphere already.

Building radar antenna for long wave radar into the structure of the airship would be easy... the heat generated when it is radiating would boost the altitude of the airship.

The antenna could be dozens of metres wide and long.

You could hang 5km long wires from the airship that could be used as an ultra low frequency antenna to communicate with submarines hundreds of metres underwater.

With solar panels and electric motors and hydrogen fuel cells and modern lithium batteries your airship could operate for months at a time and would be very hard to shoot down. You could have hydrogen stored as water ballast and if the airship gets hit electrical power could convert the water ballast (dragging the airship down) into hydrogen that could be pumped into spare bags to generate lift even in areas damaged by a hit from a missile or weapon.

The result of a hit could be a slow descent and landing allowing people and material to be easily recovered. Fixing the damaged structures and replacing the damaged hydrogen filled bags and it could be operational again in hours.

The problem is that there aren't a lot of these planes. Maybe only 4 or 5 left with the military. This is a serious loss for the Russian military.

It was a transport, not an AWACS aircraft. It is certainly a loss, but nothing like the loss of the rapidly retreating Kiev forces on the front line right now.

Even if the US signed the 60 billion aide... there are no weapons to buy and no ammo to use in them that can be bought with this money and sent to the front line.

Even if they offered them a trillion US dollars it does not matter because it will disappear into bank accounts and skipped around the world till the music stops.

So the real figure for Russian losses is still around 50,000.

Which is too many, but I don't see how they could have made it less.

The important thing is to keep going so as to not make their sacrifice worthless, and to remember this was the west that created this situation... they pushed it in this direction... but because of Russian actions they didn't get more Russian dead and the Russian economy in collapse and Putin out of office.

Lets hope they pay for that.

Just like I said in my previous post. It often looks as if the kremlins are programmed to think and act in a pre-determined way. They cannot help or change themselves. This is what they are.

Let them have the body... who cares. They will make up what they pretend killed him with or without the body.

Refusing to release the body would look rather more suspicious than any shit the western governments can make up... and they are going to tell lies whether they get the body or not.

The truth is traversing open fields also makes you vulnerable to drone attacks.

True, but troops in the open are more vulnerable to artillery and gun fire than troops in vehicles. They also move slower and carry what they need which reduces their ammo capacity and weapon capacity.

Helicopters and aircraft and artillery and drones will sweep open areas with fire and be difficult for the Orcs to deal with.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:54 am

Il-22 was it.
    Il-20M recon plane.

It is a fake, the voice of mother was generated with bad quality because neural model had a little samples.
    Sure, anything that doesn´t fit the western narrative of an event is fake.  Rolling Eyes
    Wife and Mother are natural enemies.  lol1

Who is he going to believe, some telegramer or his own lying eyes?
    Like that joke about two russian soldiers meeting in the ruins of Washington.
    First soldier: Why so sad?
    Reply: I heard we lost the propaganda war.

This is after successes in Rabotino, and the Lastochkino settlement
    All those "Experts" with their Telegram channels had their butts handed to them about Rabotino.
    At one day they "report" that all russian attacks failed. Ukros are in control.
    24h later the whole town is under russian control.

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:06 pm

I find it interesting that the Russians have said nothing officially about the downed aircraft, not even a general daylight photo of the site, as per the PoW carrying Il-76. All we have seems to be that photo of part of an Il-76TD? This at a time when US INTEL will know pretty much what happened but are saying nothing through their UKAF mouthpiece other than the general 'we got an A-50' at the time, silence since. Why aren't the Ukrainians now gloating over what was clearly a complicated, well planned and very successful operation?

My theory is that it was indeed a normal Il-76 but it was carrying a very sensitive load, a couple of hundred repositioning troops.

If I am correct, the public acknowledgement of this by either side could put us at the start of WW3 as the Russians would not be able to let it pass unanswered as the event had to be possible only by US ISR. The answer would be the downing of as a minimum a Global Hawk but more likely a P-8 or RC-135.

What is the view here?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 pm

thegopnik wrote:This is some other user's words and not mine from kiwi farms.

The map of the Ukrainian lines is not from kiwi farms but has the source below which is a 25 post thread analyzing the Ukrainian positions. A lot of work has gone into it. It is by the way from Jan 10th so some maps are out of date. Worth checking out and the comments.

Clément Molin
    @clement_molin
    « The Donbass Line🇺🇦 »

Since 2014, 2022 and more recently winter 2023, Ukraine has been building a huge defensive system. The multilayered “Donbass Line” composed of many trench network is quite similar to Russian Surovikin system.

🧵THREAD on Ukrainian in depth defenses⬇

https://twitter.com/clement_molin/status/1745033008938102852

d_taddei2 likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:57 pm

A quite large target.

Ukrainian Front
    @front_ukrainian
    ·
    Follow
    ⚡🇺🇦Ukrainian marine kamikaze drones Sea Baby

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 GG7uV3gXIAAmK6-?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1760606610160763079

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 pm

It seems there is still power in Kiev and other major Ukrainian cities.

Russia 🇷🇺  needs to continue striking essential targets like power plants, food storage and drinking water facilities to impose more costs, despair and suffering to the Ukro Nazis attack

Big_Gazza and PapaDragon like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:13 pm

JohninMK wrote:Sea Baby

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 GG7uV3gXIAAmK6-?format=jpg&name=small

Russia should produce their own improved version of these drones with more explosive power, name it Sea Stalker, and then send hundreds to the Houthis to target both NATzO merchant and navy vessels in the Red sea

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B and mnztr like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:43 pm

For USV , IMO the only targets they can strike are naval ships and coastal installations like ports and docks

That's why naval ships should either receive a CIWS platform that can target these kind of drones

Or some kind of RWS that can react to approaching drones

With a good FCS with IR channel, night time attacks should be eliminated

And for inside ports, docks, or high traffic zones, some raptors with a good RWS and FCS will be appropriate

GarryB likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:46 pm

Meeting of P-18 radar with Ch-35 missile.
    Who won?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Zrzut172

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Zrzut173

A Chinese war reporter, making an interview in Ukraine, Avdeevka surroundings, with three volunteers from Japan, fighting in the ranks of the Russian army, against Western-sponsored banderas ...

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/114311

... carry on, carry on, nothing to see here!

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and jon_deluxe like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:04 pm

A curious fact is that the Russians did not eliminate these American mercenaries, despite the fact that mercenaries are not covered by the Geneva Convention.

But the Americans would have shown no mercy to the Russians if the roles were reversed.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and jon_deluxe like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:07 pm

Looks like our Home Army is warming up ...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Zrzut175
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Zrzut174

It is not blowing up trains yet, but those farmers seems really pissed Twisted Evil

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Hole and jon_deluxe like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:14 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:How many Ukrainians have left their country? I'll tell you something, in Buenos Aires (I don't live there but I know) it is full of Ukrainian women, some with their male ukros partners. Since they are white and blonde, and this is a very racist country, they are well received. While my country is 50 percent poor, it receives these stupid people without restrictions.
    They all seem to portray a liberal life without economic worries. Nationalist propaganda, homesexual woke propaganda. I have two theories: either they are couples of criminals from Azov or they are cowards with money who escaped from their country.
    There must also be Russians who escaped military service. Both deserve my deepest contempt.
    These people are trash. Imagine that England invaded Argentina and I went to live in Germany or Italy, and left my people.
    I don't want argentine children to grow up or have these ukros faggots around them. These people should be expelled.

I don't consider any Ukrainian who fled vs serving those twits in power, to be a coward. Any person from dirt poor country with 40m people that will gladly go fight against a powerful nation like Russia is a fool with no self worth.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:15 pm

Sujoy wrote:A curious fact is that the Russians did not eliminate these American mercenaries, despite the fact that mercenaries are not covered by the Geneva Convention.

But the Americans would have shown no mercy to the Russians if the roles were reversed.

They are valuable for prisoner exchanges with the Americans.

GarryB and JohninMK like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:33 pm

PhSt wrote:
    Russia should produce their own improved version of these drones with more explosive power, name it Sea Stalker, and then send hundreds to the Houthis to target both NATzO merchant and navy vessels in the Red sea

Houthis have used underwater unmanned drones and Iran should be ahead of Russia when it comes to both implementation and production. There was a good discussion about Russia actually targeting ships transporting Ukrainian grain with drones instead. Houthis are doing just fine
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:34 pm

ALAMO wrote:Looks like our Home Army is warming up ...

It is not blowing up trains yet, but those farmers seems really pissed Twisted Evil

Maria Zakharova´s TG Channel:

Media: "Unknown individuals in Poland dumped 160 tons of Ukrainian grain from railway wagons heading to the port of Gdansk."

"Perhaps, considering that Warsaw is in NATO, Washington will stop talking about food security, Russia's alleged responsibility, and the supposed rescuing role of the West in this matter? It is precisely the West that undermines global food security in every possible way: from speculation on stock exchanges to contamination of lands with British depleted uranium shells, from unbridled use of GMOs on Ukrainian soil to destruction of grain cargoes."

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Hole like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:35 pm

Question for the board. While the opinion here its this is a war on Russia, is it possible that it is a war on Slavs? That is why Europe goes along so willingly?
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:52 pm

mnztr wrote:Question for the board. While the opinion here its this is a war on Russia, is it possible that it is a war on Slavs? That is why Europe goes along so willingly?

Europe goes along willingly because it is run by pro American parties that have destroyed the European economies to keep the American one afloat

We talk about the loss of industrial power, food security,  energy , and so on to please masters overseas

Typically Europeans were quite able to ignore this to get on with the "pro western" agenda

But lately it is too much for gardeners of Europe to ignore

Hungarians, Slovaks, Austrians, started the uprising and slowly it crept westward

Even Poles now, are openly dumping Ukrainian grain, soon we will see French and Spaniards stapling their nuts to the ground in front of their parliaments

And Italians going back to the good old olive oil days

The EU economy was built so that German industry could power Utopian socialism in Nordic countries and lazy Mediterraneans

Then a communist bloc of beggars was added, but Germans chugged along quietly

The situation was flipped on its head

Now a collapsed Germany needs bailing out, but Nordics and Mediterraneans continue living the last days of a free ride with complementary lunch

A very rude awakening is coming for Europe,  and we will be there to sort it out

GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:54 pm

mnztr wrote:Question for the board. While the opinion here its this is a war on Russia, is it possible that it is a war on Slavs? That is why Europe goes along so willingly?

This is a war on multiple directions.
    European Union is one of them.
    The Anglosaxon goal for decades was to hamper Europe, and European integration.
    It was no other than lord Ismay, the first NATO secretary general, who had already claimed that.
    The role of NATO itself was to keep the Soviet Union out, the Americans in, and the Germans down.
    They were using different methods, but the goal was stable.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:54 pm

Wow, some honesty. Why now?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, PapaDragon, Sprut-B and LMFS like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:59 pm

A similar principle to a navy convoy.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, PapaDragon, LMFS and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:13 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #54 - Page 2 Img_2364

RU forces reached Tonenkoye/Orlovka/Pervomaisk/Berdychy settlements,

It seems that by dismantling the remaining defense lines, an operational space is opening up for other sections of the front

There is a lot of freedom to move in this area, and we see what it means to deprive Ukraine of its fortified defenses

They are dissipating without any cover

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, zardof, thegopnik and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 pm