Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+74
TMA1
littlerabbit
George1
Broski
Karl Haushofer
zorobabel
AlfaT8
Scorpius
pavi
mr_hd
Ned86
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
AMCXXL
Ispan
DerWolf
Erk
higurashihougi
famschopman
caveat emptor
d_taddei2
ahmedfire
Mir
adder
zare
Eugenio Argentina
xeno
ArgentinaGuard
billybatts91
LMFS
PhSt
Rodion_Romanovic
kvs
Tolstoy
Belisarius
lyle6
Sujoy
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
flamming_python
par far
Serberus
T-47
Odin of Ossetia
sepheronx
thegopnik
lancelot
Godric
Werewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Sprut-B
Kiko
dionis
GarryB
crod
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
diabetus
Azi
ucmvulcan
franco
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
nomadski
VARGR198
JohninMK
mnztr
Arrow
Hole
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Podlodka77
Isos
78 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  PhSt Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:13 am

reports on TG that Crimean bridge has been attacked again.

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/55311

Russia needs to crank up attacks on Ukrainian infrastructures, bridges, airports, food storage, drinking water facilities, ports, and destroy all dams in the Dnieper

nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #45

Post  PhSt Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:54 am

as part of Russia's strong response to the latest Terrorist attack on the Crimean bridge, Ukrainian government buildings like the presidential palace, the Rada building and essential targets in Kiev like power plants need to be Kalibrated by tomorrow. Russia needs to give notice to NATO that Russia is prepared for a War of Extermination attack

nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:11 am

Ukrainian bridges over Dniepr and various small dams in Ukraine

If Russia wants to do revenge/deterrent (too late for that) strikes, they should hit those and it would create bottlenecks for UA logistics.

PapaDragon, nomadski, Sprut-B, owais.usmani, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:53 am

Commemorative postage stamp time. Major Ukrainian victory!!! Slob on a gurkhin Suck on a Sausage or whatever that stupid nazi shit they say. Yeah, in 2 days the bridge will be back in operation, the Ukrainians will lose a whole lot more infrastructure and nothing changes, what a great victory. Its like when my Oakland A's win a game. Its nice and all, but they're still the worst team in baseball.

flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, nomadski, Lapain, Hole, Mir and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 am

Regular wrote:Ukrainian bridges over Dniepr and various small dams in Ukraine

If Russia wants to do revenge/deterrent (too late for that) strikes, they should hit those and it would create bottlenecks for UA logistics.

Bridges over Dnepr will be needed.
    On the other hand, bridges in Khuyiv ... Twisted Evil

d_taddei2 and JohninMK like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:10 am

Yup another glorious Ukrainian feat, trains were running across it 5 minutes after the attack. I understand Russian rockets are already airborne, what does Nazi Banderastan lose?

GarryB, d_taddei2, JohninMK, zardof, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:35 am

Actually if there is no oil or shells on the path, apfsds will just make a small hole and go through the vehicle.

Which is the problem... an APFSDS round wont make a hole that big... even on light armour.

If it was hit by an APFSDS it might have gotten in the way of something more substantial that the T-72 was actually trying to shoot, but leaves the question why is it still operational if it made it far enough forward to get hit by tank rounds... and how do they know it was a T-72 that hit it?

Unless that was the propaganda blurb to explain this damage... surprised it didn't survive an S-300 hit...

It doesn't ignite anything. It's just a big bullet.

It is a 40-50mm bullet with fins that would not normally make a hole that big...

Even if the vehicle is quite light whatever it hits will be vaporised and thus there will be cloud of plasma created. This is why they wear anti flash clothing quite often in vehicles.

Not really. APFSDS is necessary for heavy armoured targets but it is never used against light targets because it is not effective.

Looking at the thickness of the armour there even a HE round with a delayed fuse probably would have been the best round to use...

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:45 am

As top side security was beefed up following the SVBIED terror attack last year, other avenues had to be explored I guess.

There was an attempt to attack the bridge by cruise missile not long ago, thwarted by air defences.

This looks like the work of those semi-submersible drones they throw at Sevastopol from time to time though. I do find it hard to believe they have the range to go all the way from Ochakov or Odessa, let alone undetected the entire way.

Perhaps launched from one of the many civilian ships constantly transiting the straits or lay anchored not far from there. The Russians do carry out inspections of these, but yeah.

Could be divers too, with some fancy gear (the amount of explosives needed are too much for an unaided diver to haul around, but self-propelled gadgets for this sort of thing have been around since WW2).

Just speculating.

Using civilian ships to get close enough to attack it would constitute a war crime/terrorism I think? I mean, in addition to the fact that the target is civilian and in heavy use in general (meaning civilians are more or less guaranteed to suffer).

GarryB, d_taddei2, Ispan, nomadski, littlerabbit, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:12 am

It's highly unlikely a special response to the attack on the Crimean bridge will be launched unless there is a specific political reason for it. eg. the Russian public screaming for blood.

Attacking Ukrainian bridges etc. would be done if it was a benefit to the SMO, not just cheap revenge.
    The Russian have plans with many options. No need to deviate from them unless something serious happens.

Hole likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:30 am

Latest report

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2023/07/16/parte-de-guerra-16-07-2023-y-otros-informes/

Sad, about attack on the bridge, at least the girl survived. I am worried because we are going back home in two days and we have to cross the bridge by train, I do not worry about a strike while we are crossing but on the delays.

On another personal note, there was a terrorist attack in Feodosiya, an attempt to kill a blogger who I don't know about. Previously they have targeted famous people, but they will kill anybody they can. The husband of a friend of my wife is a policeman there and warned us to be careful. Couldn't tell more details because the case is been taken by FSB.

It was a calculated risk to come here, I didn't expect more attacks to come through to the bridge. I really want to know how they did it this time. Submarine drone perhaps?

Edit, yes I now see it was a submarine attack. How to protect against this threat? About time they made torpedo nets again.

Last edited by Ispan on Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Godric and nomadski like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:50 am

ooooh!, New Toys!! russia Cool

new RF lancet variant soon to arrive in the Ukrainian battlefield

the new Lancet variant is called Product-53, It clearly is launch-ready in the tube. and does not require assembly before launch.
    also it seems to be able to be used in swarm mode, where one Lancet is the primary vehicle, and assigns target's to the other drone's in it's formation.

Edit: the full video fragment from witch the above footage came from.

Documentary about RF Lancet drone factory

and some beautiful KA-52 shots.

RF KA-52 keep hunting ukrainian armor on the frontlines

Some footage from the RF side fighting near the antonovsky bridge at Kherson.

recent footage from the RF side at the Kherson region, Antonovsky Bridge.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, JohninMK, zardof and like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:29 am

It's long overdue to strike back and stop pussyfooting and set a clear statement

- Cancel the grain deal - immediately
    - No fly zone in black sea; all foreign aircraft will be shot down
    - Sever the undersea lines with the UK
    - Properly destroy energy and rail transportation infrastructure
    - US Aircraft in Syria; shoot them down.

Current approach is way too soft imho.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, owais.usmani, Mir, Broski, Serberus and ucmvulcan like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:33 am

Even though I believe such accounts are sus, I have to agree.
    There is a lot Russia can do to show how week the enemy actually is. Press US out of Syria with direct confrontation. There is little they can do, but IF they dare use cruise missiles to flatten every military base in non NATO countries, which are couple dozens in ME.

d_taddei2 likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:33 am

thegopnik wrote:...They died without even living to 20 so their government could legalize weed and gay marriage..

If this were just about weed and cornholling whole thing wouldn't even cause a decent riot let alone war

But it's not, it's about bullshit which should have been snuffed out 80 years ago

flamming_python, nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:53 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Using civilian ships to get close enough to attack it would constitute a war crime/terrorism I think? I mean, in addition to the fact that the target is civilian and in heavy use in general (meaning civilians are more or less guaranteed to suffer).

It is, as most of the effective actions they perform are just terrorism. State one.  Ukropia is a terrorist state. Which fits perfectly well with the entire western policy like forever.

By the way ...

It is the unemotional, reserved, detached warrior who wins, not the hothead seeking vengeance and not the ambitious seeker of fortune.
    Sun Tzu

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, nomadski and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:10 am

Humans and other creatures , all of them , come into being and then become extinct . The tendency is for greater diversity . We all evolved from the same single cell creature . Now there are millions of forms , that live and die . It is our turn to die , in global warming . Sixty degrees Celsius in Spain , and they are talking about a better recipe for a Pasta dish ! You are pro-life human ? You look at their beautiful faces and eyes . Imagine looking at seven billion rear ends , while they defecate ! Well this may be the way God sees them .

Before the SMO , there was 14000 dead in LDPR and 1.5 million refugees . Once the Orcs threatened to break the Minsk agreements and expelling Russian speakers and launched a few Artillery strikes into Russia itself , some estimated a further 700,000 refugees . Of course Russia had to act militarily . But war is a blunt instrument , and although LDPR population has in part been saved from mass expulsions , still many have left their homes , because of the war . Some 10,000,000 Ukrainians still live outside the country as refugees . And perhaps 1.5 million Russians .

I have said before , that if Russia extends the war for too long , that the harm outweighs the benefits , for all concerned . I think that in another six months , if no more advances are made in LDPR to liberate the territory , that Russia best aim for a cease-fire . Then any populations still living under Nazi rule ,that are unhappy , can be moved to Russian territory and vice versa . The cost of resetting the remaining population , may be far less than ongoing war . Global warming will kill us all anyway in the near future . No more pollution on the Earth !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:41 am