Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
Karl Haushofer
famschopman
Stealthflanker
SolidarityWithRussia
ahmedfire
Ned86
billybatts91
Kiko
Belisarius
klahtinen
lyle6
sundoesntrise
Eugenio Argentina
Broski
zare
Regular
AlfaT8
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
TMA1
Serberus
VARGR198
ludovicense
bandit6
zorobabel
Arkanghelsk
Sprut-B
d_taddei2
Airbornewolf
littlerabbit
Arrow
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
andalusia
crod
caveat emptor
Tsavo Lion
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Dr.Snufflebug
Isos
franco
AMCXXL
Singular_Transform
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
Podlodka77
nomadski
Backman
Big_Gazza
Krepost
GarryB
thegopnik
lancelot
diabetus
Werewolf
DerWolf
sepheronx
Erk
kvs
psg
Hole
PapaDragon
mnztr
PhSt
RTN
ALAMO
ucmvulcan
Scorpius
limb
flamming_python
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:50 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:You have a short mind, my countryman - you have become forgetful.
    I think that the withdrawal of the F-117 aircraft after the aggression against Serbia is still a great success.  In fact, it is perhaps the biggest shame of the American armed forces in the last few decades..
    No one provided us Serbs with SATELLITE images, additional tanks, air defense systems, foreign mercenaries, etc...NO ONE .....

Yeah, I know

We tracked a fucking F-177 20 years ago, Russians can't track their own obsolete junk from 50 years ago right on top of most important air base they have

See the problem?

owais.usmani, limb and billybatts91 like this post

Big_Gazza and Belisarius dislike this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:43 am

PapaDragon Yesterday at 11:50 pm

Yeah, I know
    We tracked a fucking F-177 20 years ago, Russians can't track their own obsolete junk from 50 years ago right on top of most important air base they have
    See the problem?

YES, I only see YOUR personal problem….
    I see the absence of any self-respect in you..
    You are guided by the fact that someone should respect you because you have over 10,000 posts.
    I don't like that and your writing about it, I'm quoting you; "I'm in the IT sector" does not increase your credibility - you are NOBODY and NOTHING.
    You are just a member of the forum !

GarryB, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:01 am

Russians can't track their own obsolete junk from 50 years ago right on top of most important air base they have
    This is not the first time Ukraine has used this drone, they already used it against Crimea and Belgorod several months ago and in both cases it was detected and destroyed, not to mention the one that flew thousands of kilometers through NATO airspace undetected . So stop writing shit because there is no such thing as 100% effective air defense 100% of the time and at least the Russian AD has been shown to be much more capable of dealing with the Tu-141 than the NATO AD.

sepheronx, GarryB, par far, Big_Gazza, Hole, gc3762, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:13 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Img_2236
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Img_2237
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Img_2235

kvs and Hole like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:14 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Img_2247
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Img_2248

Can't track...

GarryB, kvs, zepia, Hole, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:16 am

All I will write about myself PUBLICLY is that I was born exactly on August 1st and I belong to the X generation.
    For as long as I can remember, I have not tolerated invertebrates and pussies - there are too many of them here on this forum.
    I'm not flexible, but I'm not malicious either.
    I am violent, but not without reason.
    Regardless of the fact that this is only the Internet, I feel who is weak, cowardly or inconsistent here.
    Anyone who changes their mind here makes me suspicious.

Short and clear; don't screw the lion... dunno

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:26 am

Tanks with their turrets blown off are normally written off, because the explosion that removes the turret will also destroy the hull contents.

imagine that if Russia grounded all aircraft and missiles sporadically and temporarily ,

The disruption that would cause would do more damage than not doing it would.

Not really practical either.

That cruise missile being shot down was flying pretty high in the sky, I've seen them fly lower in previous video material.

Might be one of many decoys, or the orcs are shooting down so few flying higher makes sense. Remember the will likely be stringing up wires and nets across buildings and poles and trees... So flying very low won't be safe either.

It's funny but we all know the base attacks wasn't done by drones. At least not far eastern one. It was sabotage and the authorities won't say otherwise as it's still a form of investigation to find out how it was done so far from Ukraine borders. They will attempt to find out where the drone was launched within Russia.

The official word is that two drones were shot down and the debris caused the damage and casualties. Those Tupolev drones are designed to carry iron bombs, so they are more potent than most western drones in terms of being weapons.

There are good reasons the US refuses to supply their larger more capable drones.

3 more successful intercepts of russian air to air missiles and he is an Ass.

Sounds like he is surviving better than most of their pilots.

Russians can't track their own obsolete junk from 50 years ago right on top of most important air base they have

They say they shot it down over their Base. Better than western air defence has ever done.

Short and clear; don't screw the lion...

Funny you use that. The African guy who came up with the aweemawe sound that makes that sound so catchy got robbed over that sound. Zero royalties for his work.

Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:40 am

Brother Garry,
    the forum is yours and the very idea of ​​the forum is yours - I respect that.
    Even if you work for the NSA (which I don't believe), I have to upload the next song.
    And those who write "hey, that's not in accordance with the topic" may be right - but mostly we all move away from the topic and give our personal opinion, judgment or attitude. Killing as many Nazis as possible is necessary...

I am Christian and Orthodox, and I don't give a **** for their opinion - long live mother Russia..!!!

GarryB and zardof like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:48 am

Belisarius wrote:This is not the first time Ukraine has used this drone, they already used it against Crimea and Belgorod several months ago and in both cases it was detected and destroyed, not to mention the one that flew thousands of kilometers through NATO airspace undetected . So stop writing shit because there is no such thing as 100% effective air defense 100% of the time and at least the Russian AD has been shown to be much more capable of dealing with the Tu-141 than the NATO AD.

Where or when those wrecked drone pictures you provided were taken ?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:15 am

If to be believed, Ukraine will launch their suicide drone waves and we will see how effective is Russian AD. Those 3 attacks were a test run as so far it seems it went well. It cost them nothing to cause damage and earn PR points.

I bet it will be easier to intercept than Tupolev target drones due to turboprop design, but there should be tons of them produced. I wonder who actually will make these crappy drones for them as I doubt even single one will be assembled in shitcraine
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:37 am

Waves of drones would not be in sufficient numbers to overwhelm Russian air defences, they simply can't launch or build enough for that... the Russians are shooting down artillery rockets and artillery shells for goodness sake.

Of course over an enormous volume of space there will be gaps where missiles or sensors are not good enough to see such small targets, such slow targets, but the concept of a swarm is to send enough numbers so that it doesn't matter if the enemy detects and tracks and intercepts some, that the numbers are so overwhelming they will simply run out of defensive interceptors and tracking channels and the weapons slipping through will start destroying air defence components to weaken the defence even further.

The chance of the Ukraine doing that are slim to zero, the moment an attack is detected the Russian IADS will notify air defence units in the area to start scanning actively and passively for targets, which will massively improve their view of the air picture in that area and they can start assigning platforms to engage targets in the most efficient and effective way.

Of course such an action would require attacks on targets in the Ukraine in response that were previously left alone... perhaps time to start hitting those farms and all those big sheds that likely contain more military equipment than agricultural gear... they likely have a list of targets set aside for escalation attacks... and at some stage Zelensky is going to be on that list if he insists on continuing to try to escalate things to get HATO involved.

BTW the Tu-141 is not a turboprop...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 Proxy-11

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:47 am

GaryB wrote:

BTW the Tu-141 is not a turboprop...

The Tu-141 incident was serious, sure it's a recon drone, so it's not going to do much damage, but it told NATO that Russia's missile shield around Moscow is not impenetrable. The Tu-141 should have lit up radars all over the place, and if it really came from Ukraine, it managed to travel a long way, it's max speed is 1100km/h so is was in Russian air space for a long time.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:11 am

I am talking about turboprop drones form Ukroboronprom, not Tupolev. Tupolev had no problems flying through NATO airspace undetected as well. Maybe they were used as test rabbits by Ukraine Russian special military operation in Ukraine #33 - Page 39 1f604
    But you would expect country who is at war to guard one of their important bases much better. Ukraine will try to pull this shit again as soon as they have a chance. 3 attacks, only 1 stopped. How many drones were used for this?

Now, how effective or ineffective “Ukrainian” drones will be, but most importantly- how many will be produced. Poland was ramping up production of suicide drones from March and I bet Ukrainians will just put a sticker on any NATO drone and call it theirs

Last edited by Regular on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python likes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:14 am

Pukrainian NAZIs needs a little taste of FOABs already. Every single strike deep in Russian territory needs to be answered with a couple of FOABs strikes on temporarily occupied Kiev and on Western Pukraine attack

limb dislikes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:24 am

FOABs usage on Kiev is out of the question. Not sure why I need to explain that. If Russia didn’t use it on Syrian terrorist dens, no chance they will use it against Ukrainians.

West does paint Russia like a villain, but in reality, these are MAD level type of weapons and even hits on infrastructure only started when lines were crossed. If Ukraine will target Russian NPPs, then I would think of their usage, but now?
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:32 am

I think I have seen a twitter post somewhere today where Putin states our operation plans have changed after an emergency meeting, when he has issued Russia just got targeted in their own territory. But we all know not to get our hopes up. We got boring times ahead of us on this war. Might as well give Ukraine nukes to speed up the operation.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:04 am

Belisarius, and/or anyone else, what does that wreckage in your pics come from? Is that one of the Ukrainian lolwaffle's drones or something else? Never mind, just read some of the surrounding posts, its a Lolwaffle drone. Next question, what were the targets of the latest rounds of Surovikin's Build Back Better program for Ukraine? I know that more Christmas presents were delivered airmail to Ukraine today courtesy of Russian rockets and planes, what were the targets?
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:36 am

Podlodka77 wrote:
    YES, I only see YOUR personal problem….
    I see the absence of any self-respect in you..
    You are guided by the fact that someone should respect you because you have over 10,000 posts.
    I don't like that and your writing about it, I'm quoting you; "I'm in the IT sector" does not increase your credibility - you are NOBODY and NOTHING.
    You are just a member of the forum !
    I think you are being naive. If the Ukrainians can use a 50 year old cruise missile and strike Russian strategic bombers, do you think the West is not paying attention?

This is NATO pushing things a little further. If this doesn't get a response, there will be a further escalation. That's the cycle we are in right now.

There is nothing the US wants more than a perpetual war with Russia in Ukraine. This is why the monthly $30 billion aid packages have no domestic effect. This is what the regime wants.

lancelot likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:04 am

Post ucmvulcan Today at 4:04 am
    Belisarius, and/or anyone else, what does that wreckage in your pics come from? Is that one of the Ukrainian lolwaffle's drones or something else? Never mind, just read some of the surrounding posts, its a Lolwaffle drone. Next question, what were the targets of the latest rounds of Surovikin's Build Back Better program for Ukraine? I know that more Christmas presents were delivered airmail to Ukraine today courtesy of Russian rockets and planes, what were the targets?

Those are Strizh's Ukrs used to terrorize Russkie a while ago.
    Missing the one from Croatia, but that one crashed after flying through entire Hungarian and part of Romanian airspace, while those two were taken down.
    A funny fact for the records, that gives a full scale od Ukro state of mind.
    They obviously denied the one in Croatia to be of their origin. No matter that the photos of the wreckage revealed the public red stars painted ad hoc on the Ukro symbols, and the fact that Russkie could not use this drone due to lack of range. Croatian investigation has left no doubts about the roots of a drone, plus lighted up the fact that it carried a bomb.
    It is a recon drone that is being piloted by autopilot. No corrections are made after it is programmed, it just flies along the route and records the target with on-board cameras that are turned on by the time switch "in the target area". To put a bomb there means ad hoc load never intended by the designers. The only striking UAV back then in the SU was Tu-300 Korshun in "U" variant, carrying KMGU-1 bomb dispenser, but the project never succeded.
    So it could not just fly the opposite direction and land in Zagreb area unintended, and it could not drop a bomb intended. It was put there only to increase the damage created, programmed to fly as deep into NATO airspace as possible, and released. National markings were painted in a desperate attempt to pretend not being Ukr, what gives one more hint why it was used.
    They are liars like forever, and nobody in the fuckin' western MSM ever made the reality check until the missiles landed in Poland.
    Good news is, that only some 150 has been ever produced.
    Bad news is, it was produced in Kiev, and Ukrs are the only ones who have some of them in use, taken out of storage as a poor mans V-1.

Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:25 am

What I'm wondering is where the Pantsirs were at these airbases
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:08 am

I don't buy the Strizh story first of all.
    It was unleashed in the shit story sources mostly, and spread in a way suspiciously looking a preprogrammed propaganda.
    Russkie MoD talks "drones", but those can be a $500 Aliexpress provided quadrocopters.
    And that makes much more sense, considering the scale of a damage that is irrelevant. Aside of the human losses.
    We know that the Hemeimim airspace was never penetrated, even if tried by swarm attacks coordinated by USN assets.
    No point to argue that Engels AB is less protected if one is not an idiot.
    You can't effectively fight this type of target yet.
    As easy as that.
    This can be used to flying 20 cm above the ground, or 10 km/h to pretend a bloody pigeon. Just jump over the fence of the base.
    You can't jam a comm channels on an airdrome for 24/7, it is impossible.
    Russia is penetrated with SBU agents. They did that for years, getting ready.
    Sure that FSB has a hunting season open, but considering the lack of cultural, language, and social differences, it is extremely difficult. They are not Muslim base terror groups, that have been attached to radical mosques or imams, and you could just pick them like a cherries.
    Yet, some DRG are being destroyed each week.
    If a country officially sponsors terrorist groups, those became quite effective. Supplied with a waste array of recon, supplies, and financials - can be much more effective than a lonely wolf.
    Sure the Ukrs will succeed from time to time with some pictures action, being irrelevant to the campaign.
    Who gives a shit, other than our short handed incels and armchair generals?

flamming_python, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:20 am

I dont really buy into "old soviet drone" either... Just look at the size of the drone and the apparent damage.

Strizh is HUGE. So does Reys. The thing packs some 100 Kg warhead or maybe more yet from available imagery, is that what a 100Kg warhead can do ? and where were the wreckage or fins etc.

ALAMO likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 am

It does not need to carry anything, the thing flies at 1000 km/h.
    With 8m size and 1.5t weight, it doesn't have to if used as V1, enough to crash on a site to make lots of damage.

The Engels photos didn't unveil any damage to the plane.
    Yes, it is covered by foam, but it is a standard procedure to avoid the spreading of fire.
    The signs on the lane right front of it looks like something left from a burning car/truck or something.
    My guess is that they have used small drones to target fuel trucks in both cases. Succeded more with Tu-22M3, as made some damage in a section that goes a full modernization to make M3M anyway.
    Only people matters here.

Edit : just realized that my memory fails, and I mixed the WR-2 and WR-3. So we are talking a 14+m drone weighing 5t, flying even faster at 1100km/h. Imagine the level of damage this thing would cause only by falling on the airdrome next to parked planes or something.

Last edited by ALAMO on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am

Brother Garry,
    the forum is yours and the very idea of ​​the forum is yours - I respect that.
    Even if you work for the NSA (which I don't believe), I have to upload the next song.
    And those who write "hey, that's not in accordance with the topic" may be right - but mostly we all move away from the topic and give our personal opinion, judgment or attitude. Killing as many Nazis as possible is necessary...

For all members, even if you don't think Kiev is nazi, their behaviour is worse than the nazis regard to using up their own troops without care for their wellbeing. They are very much like the nazis in trying to use up foreign troops for difficult jobs, but they normally didn't send them on suicide missions like Kiev does, and they believed their enemy was evil and so they didn't use their own people as human shields because the thought the Commies would love the excuse to kill, in fact Kiev is using their own people as human shields and targeting civilians on both sides trying to blame the Russians for war crimes because they know the Russians are honourable and that sort of thing would upset them and hurt them internationally.

Bio weapons labs and Nazi symbols and the potential for nuclear blackmail, Kiev wasn't too worried about international public opinion because they know the western media is on their side and that is the definition of international public opinion in the west.

Their core problem is that the west might not be involved in any peace treaty, because their might not be one... there are pro Ukrainian factions in the south and east of the country... the voting shows this to be true and there will be plenty from the rest of the country who know exactly how Zelensky and Kiev have been behaving and how the Russians have behaved and who will stop believing what they read coming from pro west pro kiev sources... when enough are like minded enough to turn on Zelensky and anyone who might replace him with the same policies and thoughts then Ukrainians can finish this by having a little temporary cease fire with Russia while they clean house.... they might kill them or they might arrest them, I am sure Russia has a list of who they want... and when that is done, the Ukrainians lay down their weapons and Russian troops secure their country to prevent nearby countries getting any ideas of expansion, and the trials can start... Russia might make them international, but not European or western courts, and present all the evidence they have been collecting... then of course there will be referendums across all of the Ukraine to decide their own fate, you can join Russia or you can become neutral like some European countries used to be... that neutrality would have lots of conditions and requirements, but would earn that neutral state or states money and resources from Russia to rebuild and recover and set up industries of their own to have a real future... something the west never even promised let alone the asset stripping they delivered.

After things are stable and scumbags have been hunted down or forced to flee back to the west, the Russian military can withdraw with the promise that any entry into the EU or HATO or any European organisation will lead to a return of Russian troops with a different agenda on their minds.

It might take years, but if it does take years then that is what it takes to get the job done properly.

The minds of Ukrainians was not broken overnight and can't be fixed overnight either.

Russia is doing this for them too.

The Tu-141 incident was serious, sure it's a recon drone, so it's not going to do much damage,

It is designed to carry iron bomb payloads as shown by the damage they caused when shot down... they can do significant damage with "direct hits".

But these were intercepted which likely made them miss their intended target.

but it told NATO that Russia's missile shield around Moscow is not impenetrable.

Israels missile shield lets through all sorts of things... the US missile shield let civilian airliners fly into the Pentagon for goodness sake.

The Tu-141 should have lit up radars all over the place, and if it really came from Ukraine, it managed to travel a long way, it's max speed is 1100km/h so is was in Russian air space for a long time.

They are rather fast... transonic in fact, and can fly very low... for all we know they might have put civilian airliner transponders on it to pretend to be a civilian airliner... that is the sort of shit the west does all the time.

But you would expect country who is at war to guard one of their important bases much better

The drones were shot down, which is doing better than Patriot and western systems in Saudi Arabia (presumably operated by Americans).

Ukraine will try to pull this shit again as soon as they have a chance. 3 attacks, only 1 stopped. How many drones were used for this?

Likely only one drone each because more would have gotten too much attention and been shot down earlier.

Official word is that the drones were shot down and did damage on the ground where they fell.

Now, how effective or ineffective “Ukrainian” drones will be, but most importantly- how many will be produced. Poland was ramping up production of suicide drones from March and I bet Ukrainians will just put a sticker on any NATO drone and call it theirs

Like any attack, the first one is almost always the most successful because it is unexpected no matter how obvious you might claim it to be after the event.

I think I have seen a twitter post somewhere today where Putin states our operation plans have changed after an emergency meeting, when he has issued Russia just got targeted in their own territory. But we all know not to get our hopes up. We got boring times ahead of us on this war. Might as well give Ukraine nukes to speed up the operation.

Hahaha... a Twitter post from Pedro, or Susan? Putin is indecisive and unreliable... gee it is time for him to go... the standard Twitter stance on Russia for the last 10 years...

This is NATO pushing things a little further. If this doesn't get a response, there will be a further escalation. That's the cycle we are in right now.

Russia lost three soldiers and 6 were injured... the planes can be repaired or replaced with newer models, Ukraine likely lost 500 men today and they are likely to lose another 500 tomorrow if not more along with equipment they are having trouble keeping operational... they need the appearance of an escalation because if the situation continues as it is they lose and they lose badly... the price of oil is going up and western countries have essentially banned their own shipping companies from earning money shipping Russian oil, and they have also banned western brokerage firms and insurance firms from earning money on the trade in Russian oil too and the consequence is that the price of oil is going to go up so Russia is going to earn more money on sales of oil and the west is going to earn less and pay more... of course they want escalation because this is damaging the west...

Why hurry?

There is nothing the US wants more than a perpetual war with Russia in Ukraine. This is why the monthly $30 billion aid packages have no domestic effect. This is what the regime wants.

They do what to damage Russia but they aren't, they are doing more damage to the EU and themselves... don't stop them when they make such mistakes... prepare for more drones and expand the targets in the Ukraine to hurt them more... transport trains they are using for supporting their troops would be worth targeting now as winter comes they can choose food and supplies or ammo.

Good news is, that only some 150 has been ever produced.
    Bad news is, it was produced in Kiev, and Ukrs are the only ones who have some of them in use, taken out of storage as a poor mans V-1.

Good news is also they are not hard to spot if you are looking out for them and are ready to use forces like interceptor aircraft to shoot them down earlier over empty territory.

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zardof, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:23 am

It is designed to carry iron bomb payloads as shown by the damage they caused when shot down... they can do significant damage with "direct hits".

No it does not.
    It was never intended for that.
    There is no bomb drop mechanism, any kind of targeting system, or any way to determine the detailed location of target/bob drop point.
    It is an ad hoc made Fred Flinstone level "upgrade" for a sole purpose only - to increase the damage level in terror attacks.
    You need to realize how this thing works.
    It is preprogrammed for it's mission before starting. "on board computer" that carries the data is the same level as for Su-17, and operates the same principia. Needs to be taken out, programmed in a special station, loaded back and voila. It uses only the inertial navigation subsystem.
    It does not transmit any data back to the station, just flies at designed route. Recon suite is a camera, IR receiver and EM receiver that are being activated by a time shutter - on board mechanical clock with preset time to "operate".
    In 404, there is a sole unit left that operates the remaining WR-2 and WR-3 systems - Military unit No 3808 located in Khmelnycky,  known as 383. Окремий полк дистанційно керованих літальних апаратів.
    While it's location perfectly matches the location where the WR-2s have been spotted, intercepted or crashed, both Russkie "hit" aerodromes are out of range. Well out of range. Sure the thing is mobile, but to hit Engels, drones would have to be released from the area of Charkov. And that would be kind of maximal range.
    How possible is to deliver a huge lorry with heavy tug 50 km to the frontline, in a 1-10 scale?

By the way, Google already updated the Engels sat photos with the latest Maxar made ones - of course as a friendly gesture.
    51.478611417322554, 46.21135908309176
    I have marked at least 8 Tors covering the base and a full divisional set of S-400.

flamming_python, Erk, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 am