Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
owais.usmani
Godric
VARGR198
Airbornewolf
0nillie0
andalusia
DerWolf
Firebird
Sujoy
calripson
Erk
Scorpius
Isos
mnztr
Krepost
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
sepheronx
ALAMO
Arrow
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
LMFS
JohninMK
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
Lapain
ATLASCUB
GarryB
lyle6
Kiko
Serberus
ucmvulcan
crod
Werewolf
kvs
franco
flamming_python
Broski
TMA1
auslander
AlfaT8
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
Azi
Mir
nomadski
Arsenic
sundoesntrise
Hole
Stealthflanker
Regular
caveat emptor
limb
thegopnik
billybatts91
PhSt
Backman
zorobabel
SeigSoloyvov
Arkanghelsk
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

sundoesntrise

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  sundoesntrise Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:15 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Russian general on the debacle in Lyman.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 3 110

More closeted nazi trolls coming out of the woodwork.

Big_Gazza and auslander like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Well this was a bigger clusterfuck than I even thought.

So reality as spoken to the fanboys, no this wasn't part of "the plan"

Arkanghelsk, billybatts91 and Arsenic like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:17 pm

sundoesntrise wrote:More closeted nazi trolls coming out of the woodwork.

course that is your response, still refuse to get your head outta your ass huh.

Fanboys be fanboys.

billybatts91 and Arsenic like this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 pm

And now we read conflicting reports about Lapin. According to O group personnel, its untrue what kadyrov said about him and he was commanding a different area. According to rybar, he was commanding Liman, but he was doing what he could, and simply the western military district troops were utterly unready, and incompetent, so he could only do so much.According to rybar, the vaunted 1st tank army turned tail in the kharkov region, allowing the ukrainians to cut off liman from the north.

For all my hatred of potbelly dinosaurs, I hope there is due process and no scapegoats.

Last edited by limb on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 pm

sundoesntrise wrote:

Shut the **** up you maggot. Get your head out of Putin's midget ass already, this war is turning into a disaster so far...We have real Russian patriots calling out the leadership and hopefully this will light a fire up their stupid assess finally and turn things around. Don't call us Nazis for exposing these idiots and showing the reality as we should be.

owais.usmani likes this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:20 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    sundoesntrise wrote:

Shut the **** up you maggot. Get your head out of Putin's midget ass already, this war is turning into a disaster so far...We have real Russian patriots calling out the leadership and hopefully this will light a fire up their stupid assess finally and turn things around. Don't call us Nazis for exposing these idiots and showing the reality as we should be.
    The post was sarcasm, from our resident doomer
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:21 pm

limb wrote:And now we read conflicting reports about Lapin. According to O group personell, its untrue what kadyriv said about him and he was commanding a different area. According to rybar, he was commanding Liman, but he was doing what he could, and simply the western military district troops were utterly unready, and incompetent, so he could only do so much.According to rybar, the vaunted 1st tank army turned tail in the kharkov region, allowing the ukrainians to cut off liman from the north.

For all my hatred of potbelly dinosaurs, I hope there is due process and no scapegoats.

Sounds like things are worse then even I thought, time will tell tho if this is all accurate or just over statements.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:23 pm

Mir wrote:Not to belittle anything but this is clearly a temporary setback for the Russians. They've tried valiantly to hold Krasny Liman under difficult circumstances but in the end they had to withdraw to straighten the line so to speak. Sure it is a ***up, but again it is only temporary. Also - Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but what is becoming more and more apparent as we go along is the number of Nazi trolls coming out of the closet.

Problem is it's already cost Russia an entire Kharkov region. Is this really acceptable ? How long they'll keep this around.

and let's take example of Lyman.. well There is only about 200 Km of it to Millerovo airbase. That base should have about 2 squadrons of fighter aircrafts. last time i heard it was Su-25's. In that distance and let's assume only 50% of those aircrafts are available and mission success rate of only about 50%.. well Ukrainians have Manpads there but apparently nothing really bigger but Su-25's are flying low. It's still a sortie rate of 3.86/day or let's get more realistic 2 sorties/day. with payload of like 1000 Kg which is realistic. You will have figure of 15.8 Metric tonne weapon delivery ability for that airbase.

Those weapon throwing capacity can turn a town or cities or obstacles like forest into a moonscape. and yet Why Russians dont seem to do that in Lyman. No Ukrainian advance can really take that amount of firepower. unles they didnt really do that many sorties in the first place or they did but The Ukrainias just keep coming.

It's frustrating to see.

Arkanghelsk, billybatts91 and Arsenic like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Putin is definitely not controlling this directly as MSM wants us to think, but surely he sees a big picture and I don’t see how he wouldn’t ask for changes in leadership if things were south.
    sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:28 pm

limb wrote:

If I am a doomer then what does that make you? Suicidal?

The sarcasm part is true of course, and a referral to the 'Mir's' lowly attempts to smear genuine critiques of this clusterfuck as 'nazism'.

Arkanghelsk and billybatts91 like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Regular wrote:Putin is definitely not controlling this directly as MSM wants us to think, but surely he sees a big picture and I don’t see how he wouldn’t ask for changes in leadership if things were south.

Well to be fair yeah. President should not micromanage things, he concentrate at big picture and well make compromise here and there. Still he needs to listen to people sometime i think. Especially after Kharkov.

Regular, owais.usmani and Arkanghelsk like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:33 pm

sundoesntrise wrote:
    limb wrote:

The sarcasm part is true of course, and a referral to the 'Mir's' lowly attempts to smear genuine critiques of this clusterfuck as 'nazism'.

My bad in that case.
    limb

Post  limb Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:35 pm

sundoesntrise wrote:
    limb wrote:

Im not a doomer. Im realistic. I don't believe outrageous ukrainian claims , I believe what the russian soldiers have to say at the front.

That being said. On one of colonelcassad's someone posted this

A few notes from the frontline. About the generals. In the Kharkov direction, General Mykhailo Stepanovych Zusko also commands. His brother Mykola lives in Kyiv and is a colonel who works in the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In Ukraine, Mykhail has a huge number of relatives. A bunch of brothers and sisters. Mykhailo is from Volhynia. Zusko is in command of our 58th army. In the course of our war, the 58th Army has always suffered catastrophic losses. Entire columns were burned as if it had been done on purpose. No conclusions were drawn on Zusko. He commanded in the Kharkov direction, where we had a rapid collapse of the front, he also covered one of the flanks of Krasny Liman. So it goes.

Being born in malorossia shouldnt determine loyalty, but its concerning if its true that the 58th has recieved disproportionate amounts of casaulties. Could be something fishy here.

Arkanghelsk and Arsenic like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:38 pm

Russia did nazi this coming.....I am so funny.

SeigSoloyvov likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:39 pm

Meanwhile how things are in Kherson ?

Really hope things stabilize there and Russians do make gain.. if they make gain closer to Nikolaev that will turn pain meter up for the Ukrainians.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:41 pm

thegopnik wrote:Russia did nazi this coming.....I am so funny.

Hahah good pun
    limb

Post  limb Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:42 pm

Аbout Lapin

I know Comrade General from Syria. In 2017, his people arrested me in the desert, I spent 4 hours in the caring hands of guys from the Central Military District.

We have been working with the Brave since June. They lived on the front line and saw everything with their own eyes. Lisichansk fell thanks to the efforts of the Central Military District. Initially, it was supposed to storm Lisichansk in the forehead, like Severodonetsk. General Lapin insisted on a systematic encirclement.

After the loss of Volcheyarivka, the Ukrainians began to withdraw their forces from Lysichansk. Then the men from the rear! districts closed the encirclement in the Belogorovka area and for another 2 days finished off the AFU soldiers who went out to their own. Thanks to this maneuver, street fighting in Lisichansk was avoided.

There may be claims against Lapin, but he certainly cannot be reproached for cowardice. Alexander Pavlovich always led the troops, in the immediate vicinity of the LBS. He arrived in Belogovka by car with a driver and a security guard! All! At the same time, he drove past a flaming MTLB, which was blown up by Ukrainian saboteurs. A day later, our headquarters dismantled a Ukrainian tank.

When the enemy began to cross the Oskol in small groups, General Lapin led a special forces detachment and went to catch the DRGs. So the point is not at all the cowardice and incompetence of an individual general. The problem is in communication and control systems. And I'm afraid that even Lapin's strength was not enough here, even though he tried to rectify the situation.

Alexander Kharchenko
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:42 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Meanwhile how things are in Kherson ?

Really hope things stabilize there and Russians do make gain.. if they make gain closer to Nikolaev that will turn pain meter up for the Ukrainians.

Ukrainians are still trying to breakthrough there

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:49 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    Ukrainians are still trying to breakthrough there

That's much-much better than the East. although cant let the guard down yet. and especially it's much closer to NATO surveillance
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Look at this shit....smh...

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:09 pm

I was quite critical about the withdrawal from Kharkov, but I'm cautious about Liman. Of course, it is a major defeat, especially Russia's first military defeat in the war. But this defeat also harbors great opportunities.

First of all, Russia's military potential is so great that it cannot lose the war. Second, it is not a conflict far from home like Afghanistan or Vietnam, but it directly affects the existence of the RF. The motivation to win is different and of course high!

There are many mistakes to iron out, which the fanbois unfortunately never wanted to admit.

Corruption is probably the worst and most dangerous...not on a large scale but there are some reports that the reservists hardly notice anything apart from the clothes and the weapons...no first aid kit, no sleeping bags etc. They are comfortable here enriched many at a low level without it being noticed.

The second sticking point is communication. It looks like the communication chain is sometimes too long and doesn't work properly. Russia needs a modern and highly efficient Battle Management System! If Russian troops are in trouble, a relieving strike should come within minutes, either by artillery, aviation, or relief troops...or a combination.

The third point is the willingness to take risks. It struck me that after the initial successes, the Russian army relied solely on artillery in some areas. I still can't understand why no airstrikes are carried out from heights above the Manpad range? The Ukrainian anti-aircraft defenses based on radar-based systems should be completely destroyed. There should be very few Buk systems with an optical tracker on the Ukrainian side.

To be honest, I rule out sheer incompetence on the part of the General Staff. I think the criticism of Lapin is unjustified, since he can only work with what he has and he has established himself as an excellent general in the past.

There are many construction sites and a lot to do. At the end of the day, it's a chance to learn and get better. God forbid the Russian army would have taken action against Poland and all of NATO in this state. I think in a few months all the problems will be solved, the velvet gloves will be taken off and there will be reforms. As has already been said...Putin, Shoigu, Lapin and Co are not to blame...the mistakes are systematic and are sometimes made at a low level...the mistakes weren't seen at a higher level. And with each passing day, the Russian army is gaining valuable experience...something the US has been able to gather against weak opponents for decades.

A long way to go, full of opportunities to become better and better!

Last edited by Azi on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:11 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Look at this shit....smh...
    It's only a police sign...nothing more! And of course the situation is shit...

But I recommend what I have already recommended to the fanbois. Stay realistic and cool!
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 pm

Azi wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:Look at this shit....smh...
    It's only a police sign...nothing more! And of course the situation is shit...

But I recommend what I have already recommended to the fanbois. Stay realistic and cool!

I know but Russians have been there since May and to lose it now and in this fashion disgusts me and angers me. I know counteroffensives are coming soon and the Ukronazis victory will be short lived (at least, I hope this is the case) but it's still depressing when viewing this bullshit.

Only good that can come out of it is that it lights a fire underneath the Russian side and they step their games up in this conflict, which I see is happening from what I'm reading, so that's a positive at least.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:19 pm

The general staff is infighting

Guys are with Lapin others against

That is the evidence that political leadership has fucked this up beyond doubt

Military and even we are at each other's throats

There is 1 person where the buck stops, the leader

He must make sure his team is united

And he has created chaos and pandemonium across the political Cadre, military now, and generally in regular people like us who are pro Russians

As for Liman, the point is, where we're the reinforcements? Who fucked it up? Why were reinforcements never sent?

They obviously tried to hold it- so all fanboys please spare us the "according to plan" bs from konashenkov

Someone is responsible, they should be identified and fired

Putin is equally responsible as the #1 honcho

In any organization, corporate, racing team, sports

The buck stops with the leader and so it is with Russia

billybatts91 likes this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:23 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:The general staff is infighting

Guys are with Lapin others against

That is the evidence that political leadership has fucked this up beyond doubt

Military and even we are at each other's throats

There is 1 person where the buck stops, the leader

He must make sure his team is united

And he has created chaos and pandemonium across the political Cadre,  military now, and generally in regular people like us who are pro Russians

As for Liman, the point is, where we're the reinforcements? Who fucked it up? Why were reinforcements never sent?

They obviously tried to hold it- so all fanboys please spare us the "according to plan" bs from konashenkov

Someone is responsible, they should be identified and fired

Putin is equally responsible as the #1 honcho

In any organization, corporate, racing team, sports

The buck stops with the leader and so it is with Russia
    Yes. please no scapegoats. Punishment should be demotion.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:56 pm