Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
ludovicense
Serberus
kvs
lancelot
DerWolf
psg
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
George1
Ned86
d_taddei2
Singular_Transform
PhSt
Regular
Werewolf
calripson
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
mnztr
zorobabel
franco
Scorpius
Airbornewolf
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
ahmedfire
TMA1
owais.usmani
OminousSpudd
crod
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
par far
Krepost
VARGR198
Belisarius
Big_Gazza
nomadski
nero
dionis
Ispan
flamming_python
Erk
Azi
Arrow
ucmvulcan
walle83
lyle6
Isos
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Karl Haushofer
Mir
sepheronx
Firebird
Hole
billybatts91
Arsenic
ATLASCUB
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Arkanghelsk
LMFS
ALAMO
Backman
caveat emptor
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

He's correct but let's not forget that Ritter is a pedophile and sexual predator. Scumbag of a guy.

F U he is. It was an FBI sting through and through. With a girl that looked older than she was, just to destroy him personally for Iraq

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Erk, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:20 pm

Firebird wrote:Whats Russia committing right now? Prob a fraction of 150k.
    Surely there are  well in excess 300k ex contractor reservists of good age. And a fraction of the ex conscript reserves could be kept back in Russia defending the Kurils, Caucuses etc and/or providing logistics for the Pukraine operation. Amongst current contractors there is massive untapped resource too.
    Numbers you're throwing around are true. With one small caveat. Majority of 300k recent contractors don't want to re-enlist for whatever reasons they have. This war is almost 7 months long and whoever wanted to enlist voluntarily already did. This is why a partial mobilization is needed. So people can't say no. 
    To be clear there are more people in Russia that want to go and fight, but majority are not ex contractors, so they need more work. 
    There was even criticism about Cossacks that they are going in very low numbers and that is the single most important point of their existence and why they receive benefits from the state, in the first place. 
    Not to forget to mention that all this is going on while government is offering, unprecedented for Russia, benefits and pay packages for everyone that enlists.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:23 pm

There was just 5 BTG's holding the entire zone. Perhaps there could have been 4-5x that many ? Then they'd probably be able to beat it back.

If there were enough forces to beat them back they would have attacked somewhere else.

Duma member agrees that a full mobilization is needed to achieve the objectives of this Ukraine operation.

Yeah, Duma members say lots of things... they are like senators and congressmen... they think all sorts of shit...

NATO is treating this like a war for survival.

Hope they are right... this is all proving how useless HATO really is.

If they can't help a country the size of the Ukraine with all their resources... which HATO country would be safer?

Lavrov and Peskov already came out

It was a goodwill gesture

That's why it went "according to plan"

A last chance to surrender before the trap is sprung?

For what ? To fight 10's of 000's of nato troops pouring into Ukraine maybe ?

HATO forces invading Ukraine and potentially trying to take back Crimea ticks all the necessary boxes to deploy nuclear weapons... so I hope they try.

The best alternative for Russia at this point is a negotiated settlement with the least amount of humiliation possible followed by Putin's departure.

WOW... are you quoting the US State department?

Send thousands of Ukrainian Conscripts on a suicide mission to absorb artillery and air strikes from the enemy to capture a little bit of territory and then say... well lets call it a draw and your king should leave the throne...

I can see why the US and HATO would love that, but leaving Orc forces in artillery range of the Donbass and Lugansk regions is not an option... and HATO supplying longer and longer ranged weapons just puts the boundary that Kiev is going to lose further and further west.

NATO can still up the ante technologically - there are no Ukrainians flying around in F-22s - so it is not as if Russia has some secret conventional military technology they haven't yet deployed.

Russia could simply start hitting HATO assets supporting Kiev including intel and other resources... if the west wants to be part of this conflict then they are part of this conflict.

How about transfer all aircraft and infantry Divisions around moscow to Ukraine?

To do what?

I thought everything was in the bag two weeks ago? According to the dimwitts and propagandists obviously... (lets forget the last 8 years of unfiltered stupidity, as they forgot that quickly lol1 )

My question to the dimwitts, that is, to those still crazy enough to believe their own diarrhea and that of the propagandists that feed them the diarrhea they spout here daily..... so what happened? What's going on? The rout was on remember? The Donetsk offensive? The third stage?

Wonder what your grandparents would think of your support for nazism and hate for the Russians saving the world again from those censored .

This time lend lease for the nazis... true colours from the west.

If Germany had been weak and the Soviets had been strong you can bet your ass it would be lend lease for the nazis.

Why would lavrov and putin suddenly demand a ceasefire on ukraine's terms if they know that would threaten their popularity and russia's geopolitical influence? There doesn't seem to be any benefit, be it economical, geopolitical, domestic, etc. Have lavrov, peskov and putin suddenly become completely illogical?

The Russians are in a position to always say negotiations are on the table, but Kiev has already rejected negotiations and the terms the Russians demand are only going to get worse and worse.

Do Putin, Lavrov, and Shoigu really think that the Ukes or NATO would keep any sort of truce?

The pretense is that Kiev is now winning and Russia is now losing this conflict so what possibility is there for Kiev to sign away a truce now when the Donbass and Lugansk and even the Crimea are just coming into reach...

And when they refuse to negotiate Russia is free to crush them.

Lol any move by Russia to right the ship will be cited by the propagandists and the dimwitts that they feed, to say "hahaha see, it was a trap all along, you're all soo dumb, superior Krelim strategy".

You mean like any movement of Russian troops to the east is immediately hailed by pro Kiev nazis like yourself that Putin has to go and the Russian military are incompetent and all have to be fired...

You can't fix stupid. It's about winning the "arguments" when really winning, and still winning when really losing. Clowns.

You are right, stupid can't be fixed, but trolls don't want stupid fixed... you rely on stupid don't you... stupid and emotional... very similar sometimes.

Following last Sunday's elections it looks like the groundswell of dissatisfaction in what is being done in their name in Ukraine is growing, these politicians reflecting what they have heard from their voters.

John.... a quick google search of the title of that bullshit gives links to the NY times, Medusa, radio free europe, odessa journal, the jamestown nazi org... need I go on?

Moscow and St Petersberg will have thousands of deputies... many of which will not be members of Putins political party who would have signed that public statement any time over the last 22 years...

I already said it

And I was called a propagandist, a hohol lmfao

Westerns have no clue what is brewing in Russia

These clowns in charge have fucked this up

We have not seen their response yet...

Your predictions of failure show your lack of character and faith... they have not failed you... you are siding with the west and the nazis and are failing your ancestors who didn't have to think too much about whether they should fight nazis... sad that you do.

The Russian MoD should allow Arkhangelsk, me, azi, papadragon and thegopnik to become part of the general staff. Bbb ut we dont have military education youll tell us, well neither does shoigu or the bozos who arent reinforcing ugledar or lyman and said that armed drones arent needed .We dont do gestures of goodwill too, so that automatically makes him and us better generals than whatever Russia has

I don't see PD crying and saying the sky is falling and Putin and the Russian military should resign and their replacements should start a genocide on everything west of the Donbass.

Ironic that you sound like hippies when it comes to Russia friendly Ukrainians and Stalin regarding every other person in the Ukraine.

+++Azeris are attacking Armenia inside of Armenia, not Karabakh+++

Well I am sure Armenias west loving leadership can finally throw off the shackles of being allied with Russia and ask the US for help...

How do you know that's the plan? How do you know that they're not negotiating a deal ?

What makes you so confident

If they were capitulating on the war they would be capitulating on gas price caps and also sending gas through NSI, and doing all sorts of other shit to make the west happy.

Are they gonna **** em up? Post source

That will be on the Russian ministry of defence website... secret orders about upcoming attacks... numbers, directions, timing, even has press releases... Rolling Eyes

If we knew we would not tell you... and anyone who did would be instabanned... forever...

5% hopes for FOAB, but I will be let down again.

The situation right now is, there is something in the bush and everybody waits for them to come out.

Wonder what the standoff range of the FOAB from a supersonic Tu-160 at high altitude is....

Recall the Romans used to say the same thing about Hannibal. That he's not going to cross the Alps with those elephants. Only he did, they weren't ready for it, and then they were in big trouble.

The fact that they weren't expecting it and weren't ready made their victory much more comprehensive and complete... but who knows... maybe it is a double bluff?

More likely the Russians pulled out their troops back to Russia for there military show they had recently.

The timing was wrong. They only have a tiny fraction of troops in the Ukraine and such battle ready troops are not a priority for a military show... would take too long to tidy them up and paint their equipment to make it look shiny.

- Retreat because of a trap and counterattack (unlikely)

Unlikely?

It has been what they have been doing for most of this conflict... and doing successfully I might add too.

That's not true X-D haha! He has not an ordinary smartphone, his phone is encyrpted and special...like the phone of nearly all presidents of the world. But I would lose my respect if Putin would have a Insta or twitter account. I think a lot of people would lose respect...he is not a degenerated third class US president!

Or UK defence minister who was queried by his phone to clarify his question to Siri... who would think to find out the wests secrets Russia just needs to hack Apple...

In fact I found the Twitter account of that 'Ksenia Torstrem', an alleged municipal deputy in St. Petersburg city

Just looked up wiki... not the best source I know, but for elections in 2022 it says there are 1,502 seats for Moscow alone.

So for St Petersburg and Moscow combined we have 18 asking Putin to resign.. that isn't even 1 percent... Navalnys support is declining.

The Azeris will open a second front for Russia...so no doubt who gave the command to attack! Wink
    But maybe they just want to use the momentum and see Russia as weak, so they will have maximum gains in attacking Armenia now. Like I said...The retreat will cause all the rats to crawl out of the holes! Not bad in the end, because that's how you see the rats on the international world stage and can then crush them.

The fact of the matter is that Azerbaijan is low hanging fruit... a large part of their economy comes from selling gas... and that gas goes through Turkey to Europe, so any provocation by them and Russia could hit their facilities hard and cost them billions easily enough, while at the same time further reducing the gas flow to Europe.

Maybe that is what the US wants?

The EU should be aware of US wants and needs and how they don't really care about Europeans at winter time or any other time.

Vladimir Putin still does not use smartphone, spokesman says
    While Putin does occasionally use the Internet, the head of state does not have too much time, Dmitry Peskov said

Some phones are made that don't have 8 inch screens and can surf the internet... they are normal phones usually with good encryption and shitty cameras... because the primary use is as a phone.

I've been fighting the propaganda war on other forums. I'm on a hockey forum and a few other things. But that's it for me. It's not worth the trouble. It's too maddening.

The problem with arguing the truth and common sense when, for the opponent their enemy is both... so periods right now, in the middle of situations where little is concrete except what the enemy broadcast, it can be frustrating and disheartening, but only if you think everyone in Kiev and HATO has been replaced by competent people... both sides have a track record and this is a very one sided conflict... which is not to say the Russians are perfect and never make mistakes, but if they need to change tactics.... well they already have in this conflict.

There is at least some probability that Russia begins targeting the command facilities with NATO personnel in them.

They have hit HQs in the past and it is possible that they have refrained from hitting some HQs and comms centres because of known foreign experts being present, but I would say the current situation demands such targets be hit regardless.... let HATO bleed.

This is like the 10th time already he has asked for a NFZ. NATO keeps denying him cause they dont want to get involved directly but rather indirectly to state deniability.

They don't want their precious super planes shot down.

I would say they would be at risk by Ukrainian AD too...

Sad to say but if NATO got involved, Russia would get destroyed.

There are more divisions within HATO forces than in Kievs forces, and the equipment they would be using would not be that much better... stingers and javelin and NLAW prove to be second rate... the Ukrainian stuff was better, but the Russians wouldn't be using mostly T-72s against HATO forces...

I really hate to make this comment but the proximity of Russian systems in Kharkov didn't seem to have prevented the Ukro Nazis from swarming Russian liberated areas..

He is referring to air defence... the Ukronazis didn't send in dozens of aircraft of any type... if they did they would be shot down by long range Russian SAMs... the same way HATO aircraft trying to enforce a no fly zone anywhere in the Ukraine would be smoked by those same systems.

With the current situation and the kind of "weakness" that Russia is showing on the battlefield,

What weakness... Russian forces withdrew to avoid combat with ground forces outnumbering them more than 10 to one... that is just normal manouver on a battlefield.

Well, at least this time, Russia needs to make sure that they take the entire NATzO with them to oblivion. Not a single NATzO citizen should be left alive, Russia needs to empty all its nukes on all NATzO targets.

This conflict shows HATO is weak... there is no way HATO forces would tolerate the losses Kiev has suffered, and getting a free hand to hit C4IRSTAR resources of the enemy properly would blind them too.

Only Russia would lose in a nuclear conflict because I think HATO would fold very quickly if push really came to shove... in fact I think Russia cutting off all gas supplies and oil and coal and titanium and other materials and resources to the west would be a heavier blow than most realise...

The US has troops based in 100 countries around the world... all vulnerable and open to attack with hostile factions in most of those countries who would probably be eager to get them kicked out.

You sound like you are cool and content with Russia looking like bigger pussies than China

So far they have probably killed the better part of 150K Orcs and Nazis in the Ukraine... this minor occurrance seems to have gotten your panties in a bunch, but then what we are actually talking about is western propaganda... I mean who honestly would call a withdrawal by a small force in the face of an attack by a much much bigger force that killed a decent fraction of that big force a humiliation... yet the word gets repeated because paid trolls have it in their notebook as the word for the day to repeat repeat repeat till all the sheep under their command have memorised it and repeat it too.

Might as well have Rogozin run the country instead of Putin.

And that is the result they want... Hillary Clinton, Obama, even Trump and Biden, not to mention May and Johnson and Micron... but then they also wanted Assad out too.

100% - they have every means at their disposal not to do so. More than most countries combined.

It is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm pro-Russian but come on....we need to face reality here. You're talking about 30 countries + Ukraine vs. Two (Russia and Belarus). They have a lot of money, a lot of people and a lot of sophisticated weaponry.

All the decisions and ideas that led us to this point shows the anti Russian crowd are as dumb as ****... the trillions they have wasted trying to make Russia the bad guy so they can get gas and oil even cheaper and it has all backfired and funded their growth and development for the next 20 years... they could have used half of that bought up everything they wanted back before the sanctions when Russia was selling things at reasonable prices.

Those days are over for enemy countries who have identified themselves very starkly.

Ukraine can be solved quickly, if only a true leader were to put the measures that are needed to end the hostility from Kiev regime

You mean an American leader.... a ruthless bastard prepared to kill just anyone and everyone... if you think that is better then the Russian military is going to be the most used military on the planet... and not for anything very useful to Russia.

It would go nuclear, but that's because that would guarantee parity of life lost, instead of Russia stalemating it with 5x the losses of NATO.

Kiev fighting with HATO training and HATO weapons and HATO planning is losing 50x more than the Russians are losing... HATO is a mixed group that has lots of divisions and weaknesses too... all those different types of equipment, most stores and reserves already sent to Kiev.... I would say HATO would collapse in a conflict with Russia rather than the other way around... and that is just based on which side will fail when the losses reach 40%... HATO are fantastic when their cannon fodder are Orcs or goat pleasurers, but their own troops... not so hard as the numbers go up.

And now the Ukrs, buoyed on by triumphalism in their own and Western media, are going to follow that up with more offensives and all sorts of innovations. And get pulverized again.

Encouraging them into these attacks shortens the war for Russia and decimates their manpower

And moves them forward out of prepared positions they have occupied for some time out into the open.

Still, i will not go with the story of " infinite wisdom " of Russian planning, same as i didn't go with the story of great Ukrainian victories.

It does not require infinite wisdom... this is the sort of thing they have been doing for most of this campaign... contest ground if they keep attacking, but when the value of the territory is outweighed by the threat to Russian troops they withdraw, yet they keep attacking... look at Snake Island... Kiev lost dozens of precious helicopters and aircraft and drones and trained naval infantry forces, but when they moved artillery to within range and the risk to Russian forces was increased and the chance of killing lots more Orcs diminished (why land troops when you can shell from afar and get the occasional kill) then the Russians withdrew.

The value of Snake Island was the number of men and material and machines Kiev was prepared to lose trying to take it for little cost in your own men and equipment.

When that balance changed it was no longer worth occupying and they left.

As for the war itself, in my opinion, biggest obstacle is Russian army deficiencies in planning or waging war or resistance of Ukrainian army, but politicians and what i call institutional rot. That's all.

They are losing men in large numbers... huge numbers, but it is still Putins fault... RIGHT.

If you come with such theory, ballpark timeline should be given.

He is not privy to any timetable and any guess would be just that and the old saying... your guess is as good as mine... which is to say worthless if you are a gambler.

I think that we can both agree that military is not fighting freely in this war and that politicians heavily influence decision making process. Accordingly, I'm of opinion that some trade offs were forced on military. We had examples in the beginning of the war.

It is hilarious when people claim that the hands of their military is being tied and if they weren't then the tactics they usually suggest is genocide carpet bombing shit the western countries apply and then claim they are liberators...

Russia is not the west.

Political and military thinking don't mix well, as political decison making process can often come with not the most logical and optimal solutions.

Just letting the military do as they please leads to forever wars... look at anyone in Afghanistan... even the Soviets started out nice and then just got more and more brutal as western support made it more costly for them at a time they couldn't afford it.

Sometimes smarter is better than just brute force, and the Russian military I think combines smart with the ability to use brute force if it makes sense.

Escalating western aid might mean brute force needs to be used, but Putin is smart... that is why the west is so desperate to get rid of him by any means possible...

Maybe Russia might supply Iran with new defence equipment including SAMs and Su-35s, and perhaps also North Korea so these countries under pressure from the west can better defend themselves... wonder how long western aide to Kiev will continue when that is suggested?

That's why this could be perfect opportunity. You're not hitting Erdogan directly, but his dog Aliyev. Akin to what Turks do with Ukraine by providing Baryaktars and other equipment.
    Inflation in Turkey is only 80%? No problem, lets make it over 100%. And Europe losses almost 10% of nat gas imports.

Those drones were in Ukraine because Ukraine makes the engines for them after Canada cut Turkey off... Turkey didn't "supply" those drones to hurt Russia... if they did they wouldn't bother trying their current stance of not imposing sanctions on Russia and trying to be neutral in the conflict... which suits Russia just fine BTW.

Turkey even sided with Russia regarding the Ukrainian grain export deal where 70 odd ships delivered Orc grain to EU ports with only two ships going to Yemen and some other place in the third world that actually needed it.

My understanding is that much of the Ukrainian grain to the EU was for animal feed... what a bunch of good samaritans the Europeans are... Rolling Eyes

Russia needs to back up its partner Armenia for that reason and so Armenians understand that only Russia is their aly. Also, keep Armenia for the sake of keeping corridor with Iran.

Russia can trade with Iran across the Caspian Sea, and their only access to Armenia would be via Iranian territory because Russia is blocked access to Armenia by Georgia and Azerbaijan.

Personally I think Armenia need to have a good hard look at who they picked to lead them... he probably thought Russia was going to collapse and putting in with the US was best for the long term... sounds like the opposite is more likely... the US would be about as much use in that region as they were with Georgia.

Every sight we see confirms the theory that it was just an accident on board a 40 y/o ship. That was not in the best condition, yet was put on high alert because there were no other means to cover the west of the Black Sea back there.

Indeed, the only incompetence was not upgrading its air defences to keep it relevant but we have no idea that this had anything to do with what happened.

Personally I think a Fort missile might have been launched and failed on launch and started a fire that got out of control.

Missile hits would have significant blast damage which was not indicated by the photos revealing only fire damage over a rather large area.

Deconnecting Russia from the west started a while ago. It just speeded up lately.

And despite it was all coming from the west pushing rather than Russia pushing, I think it is in Russias best interests.

"Many fleeing Russian troops near Kharkiv have exited Ukraine" - U.S. official

Nameless US officials... what a wonderful source of propaganda they are... Russian forces will be running away to Siberia... till it is evident they are not and then a new story is written and spread.

Debris of "something" that is hitting Hoholsk in the Kupyansk area looks very similar to the Shahed-136.

Excellent news.

Problem is that there are lots of flying wing type drones with wing surfaces like that so this is no proof it is Iranian.

I wish Russia would start bombing Azerbaijan under article 4 of the csto treaty. Also declare a mobilization since it will foght a 2 front war

Technically three front, or have you forgotten Syria?

So in other words, is NATO training up Ukrainian troops faster than Russia is taking them out?

Not really... when they get sent in we need to assess how quickly they get chewed up... it might be the case that HATO training makes them easier targets ready to come up out of holes to fight...

While Putin is twiddling his thumbs and Lavrov is talking about talks with Ukraine, this is what the West has planned. They smell blood and Russia is sleepwalking still smh...They better wake the f*ck up soon or Russia's future as a great power and serious country will be diminished beyond repair!

Brilliant... let them do it right now... such cannon fodder is an order of magnitude more expensive and complex than the bodies they are losing every day on the ground... thinning western aircraft stocks would be a very good next step for the west... I approve this message... especially if they operate from bases in Poland and Germany.

That is quite big but non functional organization. Some of the countries inside are pro Ukraine and are doing training and other support like US, Poland, UK etc... but it is not one big unified organization - that is pure propaganda and not reality.

As prices get higher too I am sure plenty of citizens in lots of countries might start asking why all this money and equipment is going to Ukraine instead of being used to reduce the price of energy the way they used to get... this money thrown away does double damage as it is completely wasted yet at the same time antagonises Russia who reduces or cuts off energy supply making new sources harder or more expensive or unable to meet demand creating shortages.

The Orcs are getting desperate because winter is coming and the west doesn't care about the Orcs but they do care about their own people getting out in the street wondering why at such difficult times money is still being poured into a nothing war that helps no one they know.

NATO has 1 voice...USA! Doesn't matter what Turkey or Hungery is doing...if the rest of NATO obeys the commands from USA it will be a serious problem for Russia.

Strange you are both right, but how long will HATO unity remain when things actually get tough and it is dog eat dog.

We already saw EU countries seizing Covid supplies meant for other countries to meet their own needs... how likely is it that the same could happen with gas supplies?

Call me what you want...I don't care!!! But Russia turns out to be a pure paper tiger...nothing more! It's not about the capability, they have a incredible military capabilities but it's the political head of Russia. Peskov stated that a mobilization is out of question!

They are no where near needing a mobilisation... they barely have the forces of a quarter of one of their military districts engaged in this conflict... the enemy has massed up in an all or nothing attack and made some minor gains... the Russian response has not been delivered yet... you can't say a joke is bad if you haven't heard the punchline yet.

So Russia will lose the Ukraine war if they don't change their stance in this war (and they won't!), will lose any credibility on world stage

Blah blah blah, credibility... Russia is currently under sanction only by western countries... its credibility is just fine. Western propaganda claiming victory in this situation will go down like western propaganda claims of Russian unprovoked aggression against a peace loving democracy called Ukraine.

Russia has already changed tactics once during this conflict to suit the situation, why do you think they are not prepared to change again... they have already talked about the various different phases of this conflict which suggests they have different ways of dealing with different actions by the enemy.

Maybe Russia will lose Crimea too

Hahahaha... Crimea is not Russian to lose... Crimea is more Russian than some Russian posters here... Crimea will become Ukrainian when all Crimeans are dead... which is not going to happen any time soon.

if they can't stop the Ukrainians inside Ukraine how they will managed to stop them if they cross the border? Then suddenly 100 BTGs will appear? Maybe Russian soldiers will die? Soon Armenia will apply for NATO membership...for sure. USA wouldn't let this happen for a second....they would bomb the shit out of the Azeris after minutes!

But my GOD MAN think of the repercussions... do you not understand that the US withdrawal from Afghanistan has left the entire western world open to invasion by the Taliban... the fall of Kabul wont satisfy them, they will have maps of London and Washington and Paris and Berlin and they will be planning attacks as we speak... how do you stop them crossing any borders.... HATO does not control any of their borders for goodness sake!!!!

That picture promising Taliban assistance to Russia is a ruse... they are not trying to liberate Kiev.... they want to liberate all of Europe and then America... They are coming for YOU.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Wow, they're just not gonna take this serious are they? Clowns. Well, they need to prepare their population for this humiliating loss in Ukraine then.

They are taking this seriously... Orc troops on a massive counter attack are exposed out in the open... ready for a bolt to the head and their throat slit just like in an abattoir.

Ukro 2S1 in Kherson region

Sadly with all that propellent and 122mm HE rounds they really do explode when properly hit.

On the positive side these bastards have been shelling their own civilians for the majority of the last decade pretending they were Russians... because that somehow makes it OK... so good riddance.

The difference is that the US choose to leave both Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan because of political decisions, it wasnt because the enemy had forced them out with thier military.

Yeah, military forces are pig headed and will just keep killing and losing forces even when there is no chance of winning... which is why political control of military forces is so important.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 19 Empty You Do Realize

Post  calripson Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    walle83 wrote:

The difference is that the US choose to leave both Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan because of political decisions, it wasnt because the enemy had forced them out with thier military.

So being shot off the roof of Saigon embassy

And being shot off the kabul embassy is not a military failure? Lmao

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 19 5jqgkq10

Silly swede! Dicks are for chick's!

You do realize the US pulled out of Afghanistan "unexpectedly" precisely because they knew the Ukraine operation was up and running and they didn't want to leave any vulnerabilities for Russia to exploit.

Ned86 and lancelot dislike this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:32 pm

Why did russia allow ukrainians to occupy the andreevka bridgehead in kherson, and allow a bridgehead to be established at svyatogorsk? The only explanation is that the russians actually suck at recon and don't have air and artillery support.

You set up a bridge head so you can transfer heavy equipment and vehicles and forces quickly over a serious obstacle... letting the enemy set it up and start crossing means when their counter attack starts they can take out the crossings and the orcs will have to dump their heavy equipment and swim if they want to escape.

He's correct but let's not forget that Ritter is a pedophile and sexual predator. Scumbag of a guy.

Sounds like he got the Assange treatment...  no, he is not a reporter and whistle blower, he is a traitor and enemy agent for wanting the corrupt broken western system to be fixed.

You do realize the US pulled out of Afghanistan "unexpectedly" precisely because they knew the Ukraine operation was up and running and they didn't want to leave any vulnerabilities for Russia to exploit.

Trump didn't give Biden much wiggle room, and the pentagon sabotaged the whole process by withdrawing the air power three months ahead of the last ground components.

Those complaining about what happens to pro Russians in newly occupied territory... well ask the afghans left behind by the west... plenty of opportunity to send airliners to carry them all off... just no interest or willingness...

BliTTzZ, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:46 pm

Not good.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-just-captured-one-of-russias-most-capable-aerial-electronic-warfare-pods

owais.usmani likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:This is a war regardless of what it's called.

Over the next two months will be crucial as to where the Frontline will be for the winter months. During winter, snow, rain, and freezing temperatures will hamper either side. The west will have to cough up more money for warm kit, etc for Ukrainian troops. From what we have seen Russian troops seem to be defending towns, villages cities etc, and on the flip side Ukraine are doing the same but also defensive positions in forests and fields being dug in from what we have seen trenches which provide very little cover, aren't they deep and don't seem to developed to a proper liveable condition for any length of time. Autumn will bring many trees and bushes to lose all it's leaves which will expose many positions especially from the air. Ukraines air force is very limited almost nonexistent and drones being it's mainstay in the air.

Europe and rest of Ukraine will most likely face severe hardships and with experts in Europe already predicting a horrendous recession and countries economic growth to be severely impacted, it's citizens will suffer with crippling costs or it's governments coffers to be raided to help people manage costs of energy, all the while spending more money on Ukraine.

The war in Ukraine and war on energy continues.

Agree totally. I would add that heat sources (wood fires) with or without smoke trails become a magnet to add to mobile phone use. Don't tank etc engines smoke more in the cold and damp, especially with little maintenance?

So limited warm clothes and boots, basic damp and cold shelter, reduced overhead cover, boredom and fear alternating on top of mud everywhere plus a bit. Add to that interdicted supply lines reducing food etc. Finally, very large numbers of conscripted soldiers thinking they should be in their warm offices and beds with guns at their backs probably held by eveil professional soldiers living in better conditions (first crack at the supplies) than them.

What a way to die.

Meanwhile in Europe, the thermostats are now going down, economic growth with not only collapse but wipe out energy intensive industries that can't restart after shutdown or have long recovery times with no money to fund. No-one seems to want to discuss the explosion in unemployed as the money gets sucked out first for energy and the a bit later for exploding food prices.

Plus as you mention, Ukraine is sucking in £4-5B a month just to keep ticking over with Gov salaries etc.

It might be putting too positive a spin on Russia's current actions but you can see why they really do not want their own breakthrough or anything that puts the Ukrainians in a position of overt vulnerability, like an undefended route to Odessa. Much better to keep the UA doing a little bit well, with the decision makers hopes riding high, sucking in ever more of the 'wealth' (cash, material, manpower etc) of the West into the grinder.

GarryB, d_taddei2, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Arrow wrote:Not good.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-just-captured-one-of-russias-most-capable-aerial-electronic-warfare-pods

Well except that several Su-30SM's which was shotdown previously also carried the pod.

Not to belittle the impact but i';m kinda feel this "media report" are more into hysteria than anything. As if Russia will lost their EW edge and such. or even goes as far as Russia cannot make anymore or fix anything that got compromised.

If we take example of Kub.. it was compromised back in 1982's but still killing aircraft in 1995 it just as deadly as it was. The problem for Russia now is time, do they have enough time to fix ? as it can actually take years.

For example. Viktor Belenko's defection back in 1976. The most damaging part of his defection was capture of sensitive Russian IFF equipment. This actually forced wide scale change in air defense IFF's which only completes in 1995. Radar in other hand appears to be fixed much quicker with introduction of Sapfir-25 while "Vanilla" Smerch in original MiG-25 were exported and apparently still works fine by downings of US F-18's in 1990's.

same thing happen with Russian Pen-aid etc.

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Ned86

Post  Ned86 Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:05 pm

calripson wrote:

The funniest part is how all people are biased and they always try to justify the side they are supporting at any cost. Doesn't matter are they pro-West or pro-East.

Afghanistan withdrawal was a complete fiasco and shame. Nothing to add. 
    Who wants to believe that it was done deliberately so USA could concentrate on Ukraine conflict, then let him ask himself why they didn't pull out all helicopters and equipment so it could be supplied to Ukraine once Special Military Operation is launched.
    Also, why they don't pull out of Syria then also ?

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Ned86 wrote:
    Also, why they don't pull out of Syria then also ?

This thing tho.. they actually there to keep balance, keep Kurds and syrian rebel pets in leash along with Turkey. While Russians and Iran keep leash on Syria.

There are some funny things too but it's beyond the scope of this thread.
    SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:34 pm

Has nobody commented on RT's report of Russian massive strikes on all fronts yet or is it not relevant enough?

GarryB, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Day 4 , no word on the "plan"

thegopnik and owais.usmani like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:39 pm

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:Has nobody commented on RT's report of Russian massive strikes on all fronts yet or is it not relevant enough?

I think Arkanghelsk did.. and i agree massive strike should be accompanied by advancing army and some grounds secured.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:44 pm

How can a clown like Martyanov claim "military supremacy" when forces are retreating forward? And when our army advanced backwards?

I thought that Ukraine was demilitarized in March and was a "guerilla" army "incapable " of offensive actions , and was only a guerilla capable of trench warfare only?

Then such a grifter clown is an authority, living in Florida- and also pretending like he is some kind of strategy expert with a blog

Clowns everywhere

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ dislike this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:How can a clown like Martyanov claim "military supremacy" when forces are retreating forward? And when our army advanced backwards?

I thought that Ukraine was demilitarized in March and was a "guerilla" army "incapable " of offensive actions , and was only a guerilla capable of trench warfare only?

Then such a grifter clown is an authority, living in Florida- and also pretending like he is some kind of strategy expert with a blog

Clowns everywhere
    You answered yourself. Martyanov while making many valid claims and intelligent remarks, still has a racket to run. Certain mental gymnastic is needed to keep it going. 
    Gastarbeiter patriots are a well known phenomena throughout the world.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:56 pm

One more concern is in Kherson region. Will Russians be able to make gains ? they're kinda close to Nikolaev. Defensive there is better but measure of victory here is gaining the land and control over it.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:59 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:One more concern is in Kherson region. Will Russians be able to make gains ? they're kinda close to Nikolaev.  Defensive there is better but measure of victory here is gaining the land and control over it.

The logic in kharkov was to save guys

So , naturally if we use logic, when hohols finish consolidating Kharkov, they will take this mass and send it to Kherson

And then the same result will happen

Faced with "human wave" attacks, we will leave Kherson,

And it will be okay because "all objectives will be accomplished"

As I said , most likely only LDNR will be kept if that

They're already attacking red estuary and are basically near severodonetsk and Lisichansk again

limb likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:08 pm

From a MoA poster. If correct and he knows Russia knows too. This looks as if it could be the enactment of the original Feb 2022 UA attack plans. The build up to concentrations of forces like this must be vulnerable when fighting is already underway.

From Russell Bentley's Telegram channel. Hate to share this one, this is worse than it sounds, Russell's not a doom and gloom guy, he's grounded and not into idle head games and counting blog hits. Seems the world's on an edge of a knife right now.

looks like ukrop nazis will soon attack Donetsk. As I have said since 2015, "As goes Donbass, so goes the world." If Donetsk falls, Russia will fall. Lyudmila and I are staying. I have a pistol and machinegun and we will defend our home till the last breath. We will not be captured.

In n.p. Krasnogorovka is a large concentration of enemy forces. Interestingly, there are a lot of sandy-colored vehicles without the characteristic camouflage inherent in the formations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Also, “local residents” recorded more than three hundred servicemen who speak only English and have camouflage uniforms such as “multicam”, that is, presumably representatives of foreign PMCs.

The information is correct.

The enemy is stretching the reserves along the flanks (Kherson, Kharkov) exposing the center (Donetsk).

The main two strikes will presumably be inflicted on the Donetsk direction.

The first strike will be delivered at night in the area of Vuhledar/Red Partizan in order to cut the Mariupol-Donetsk highway and divert resources available in the Donetsk direction to neutralize this breakthrough. It will take place during the day.

On the second day, in order to neutralize the covert command and control (SUV), a second blow will be delivered - right on Donetsk. Most likely, this will happen in the Avdeevka direction, since there is a large transport hub there - the DKAD (the Yasinovataya-Makeevka direction).

Based on the analysis of the Kharkov strategy for the use of units, the commanders of the VFU operations primarily use the tactics of breakthroughs using mechanized
    units, which most likely means an attempt to break through in the Yasinovataya-Makeevka direction along asphalt roads and block the Donetsk-Makeevka highway, which will lead to the operational encirclement of Donetsk.

An additional blow will presumably develop in the direction of Pervomaiskoye/Vodyanoye-Peski-Donetsk.

Considering the foregoing, we can conclude that the main direction of the strike of the entire large counteroffensive plan is not Kherson or Kharkov, but Donetsk, the loss of which, both in the media and in the strategic plan, could be a collapse for the entire Special Military Operation.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:10 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    SolidarityWithRussia wrote:Has nobody commented on RT's report of Russian massive strikes on all fronts yet or is it not relevant enough?

I think Arkanghelsk did.. and i agree massive strike should be accompanied by advancing army and some grounds secured.

Not necessarily, if those strikes are aimed at troop buildups behind the lines, as per Russel's comments above,
    dionis

Post  dionis Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:13 pm

walle83 wrote:

The enemy's military resulted in their political goals there not being reached. The military is just a tool.

flamming_python and BliTTzZ like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:17 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:One more concern is in Kherson region. Will Russians be able to make gains ? they're kinda close to Nikolaev.  Defensive there is better but measure of victory here is gaining the land and control over it.

The logic in kharkov was to save guys

So , naturally if we use logic, when hohols finish consolidating Kharkov, they will take this mass and send it to Kherson

And then the same result will happen

Faced with "human wave" attacks, we will leave Kherson,  

And it will be okay because "all objectives will be accomplished"

As I said , most likely only LDNR will be kept if that

They're already attacking red estuary and are basically near severodonetsk and Lisichansk again

in the south the supply lines are better than in Kharkiv

kvs and Belisarius like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:21 pm

PhSt wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:

Sad to say but if NATO got involved, Russia would get destroyed. Thank God for nukes though. That will keep them out.

Well, at least this time, Russia needs to make sure that they take the entire NATzO with them to oblivion. Not a single NATzO citizen should be left alive, Russia needs to empty all its nukes on all NATzO targets.

Wow this is quite the idiotic post. Surely there is a better option then ending the world. Thank god Putin is not as dumb as you. 1. Nato is involved. There are ways to to retaliate and divide NATO. For example, if one of the Baltics is made an example off, and wiped out from missiles fired from Ukraine. Then what will NATO do?

BliTTzZ, Mir and Belisarius like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Looks like journalists have no more safety issues with reporting from the front

And Ukrainians are getting comfortable in their new holdings

Someone is definitely taking their sweet time

Looking at it from here it's starting to look awfully a lot like 1995:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 19 SmartSize?url=%257e%252fCms_Data%252fContents%252fzagorjecom%252fFolders%252fSlike%252fJednokratnaUpotreba%252f%257econtents%252fXJX2VB379ZZHFWGX%252fpume

Whatever Ruskies plan on doing (if they plan anything at all) they might start considering getting around doing it

owais.usmani, Backman, Rasisuki Nebia and Arkanghelsk like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:27 pm

George1 wrote:
    in the south the supply lines are better than in Kharkiv
    How do you figure?
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:How can a clown like Martyanov claim "military supremacy" when forces are retreating forward? And when our army advanced backwards?

Clowns everywhere

If what he says is true, i.e this operation was conducted against a planned Russian withdrawal by the 30k Ukrainian strike reserve then you have to ask the question. What plans does Russia have for the withdrawal? If I look at it rationally, why dick around with Karkhov? Just mass troops in Belarus and cut off Western Ukraine. Troops from Belarus head south, while the troops in the south head north through Odessa. Anything else is a waste of blood and treasure. This will be fast as supply lines would be cut pretty quickly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:01 pm