Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

2 posters

Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000

andalusia

Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000 Empty Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000

Post  andalusia Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 am

I want to know how does the Eurofighter Typhoon and the French Mirage 2000 compare to Fourth Generation Russian jets?

Are these good jets and do they have weaknesses?  

https://armedforces.eu/compare/fighter_aircraft_Dassault_Mirage_2000_vs_Eurofighter_Typhoon

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Mirage-2000-a-good-fighter-jet-and-how-would-it-fare-against-modern-fighters
    lancelot
    lancelot

Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000 Empty Re: Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000

Post  lancelot Mon May 02, 2022 12:34 pm

Surely you mean the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale?
    They are decent aircraft. But the Eurofighter Typhoon in particular, most of the production was made with what are now obsolete electronics and weapons systems to operate as an exclusively air to air fighter. The Tranche 1 aircraft are totally obsolete. A supposedly cost reduced version which is, well, crap. Russia is now operating the Su-35 which is much superior.

The Dassault Rafale, with the radar and weapons upgrades, or even the Typhoon in later versions from Tranche 3 forwards, are considerably better than previous versions. The aircraft were designed like a decade after the Flanker. So they were supposed to be more agile and other things. But the addition of TVC to the Su-35 probably eliminated that advantage. I would say they are competitive, but not enough of them, and the Su-35's only disadvantage really is the larger radar signature it has.
    andalusia

Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000 Empty Re: Eurofighter Typhoon and French Mirage 2000

Post  andalusia Tue May 03, 2022 8:34 am

lancelot wrote:Surely you mean the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale?
    They are decent aircraft. But the Eurofighter Typhoon in particular, most of the production was made with what are now obsolete electronics and weapons systems to operate as an exclusively air to air fighter. The Tranche 1 aircraft are totally obsolete. A supposedly cost reduced version which is, well, crap. Russia is now operating the Su-35 which is much superior.

The Dassault Rafale, with the radar and weapons upgrades, or even the Typhoon in later versions from Tranche 3 forwards, are considerably better than previous versions. The aircraft were designed like a decade after the Flanker. So they were supposed to be more agile and other things. But the addition of TVC to the Su-35 probably eliminated that advantage. I would say they are competitive, but not enough of them, and the Su-35's only disadvantage really is the larger radar signature it has.

No I really mean the Mirage 2000; I like your statement about the Rafale though. It seems the Eurofighter had very low sales.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 am