Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
GarryB
Isos
6 posters

New Rule Suggestion

Isos
    Isos

New Rule Suggestion Empty New Rule Suggestion

Post  Isos Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 pm

I propose a new rule :

"It's forbiden to share videos made by dumbass youtubers that have no background about what they are talking about or videos where people share their own opinion".

If people want to see their video just go on youtube.

PapaDragon likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

New Rule Suggestion Empty Re: New Rule Suggestion

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Would also add that great big long lists of links to sites like the jamestown.org website and various UK and US shitty newspaper sites should not be tolerated either.

Especially without comment.

If you start a discussion and quote a small part of a website and include the link so others can follow that up if they are interested then that is fine, but to just spam a whole lot of similar and often copy and pasted articles in a single post without comment or discussion is just a waste of space in my opinion.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Sharing opinions of useless people in general should be forbiden.

I sincerly don't give a **** about what random youtubers or journalists/expert think.

If you share something it should be a news or something coming from a relevent guy like a president, general or a former specialized military soldier. Thrir opinion matter because they know what is going on behind the doors so it may give us some interesting informations.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:43 pm

You can't ban posting stuff from sources you don't like

But you CAN demand that users post links in their original form without hiding it behind hyperlinks because this puts mobile users at disadvantage

Plus it saves everyone's time, both posters' and readers'

GarryB, Cowboy's daughter, Rodion_Romanovic and Mir like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:16 am

You can't ban posting stuff from sources you don't like

Very true.

What do other people think?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:05 pm

The up and down voting system is absurd. Either get rid of the names or have them for both up and down votes. Anonymous
    drive by down voting is for chicken sh*t losers and they need to have their handles associated with it. Basically, the current
    system allows more options for trolls to troll.

PapaDragon dislikes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:57 am

I tend to agree with that KVS.... the like button has value because if you agree you can click it without needing to post a comment.

The Dislike button is more of a problem... are you saying you don't like what was posted, well if you disagree it makes more sense to post what you disagree with and why and then perhaps discuss it... or if you don't want to discuss it then don't post.

I am thinking of simply disabling the dislike button... I have only ever used it once when testing where I disliked a post of my own and I don't see it as being useful.

Anybody disagree and can come up with reasons to keep it?

What are your thoughts

We can use the like button.... if you are happy for me to remove the dislike option or you don't care if I do or not click like for this message.

If you want the dislike button to remain do not press the dislike button... post why you think it should remain?

You might want me to change the settings so dislikes list names the same way likes do.

What is your preference?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:14 am

I don't have a view either way on the Dislike button.

I've never used it myself, I comment instead.

GarryB likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:36 pm

GarryB wrote:I tend to agree with that KVS.... the like button has value because if you agree you can click it without needing to post a comment.

The Dislike button is more of a problem... are you saying you don't like what was posted, well if you disagree it makes more sense to post what you disagree with and why and then perhaps discuss it... or if you don't want to discuss it then don't post.

I am thinking of simply disabling the dislike button... I have only ever used it once when testing where I disliked a post of my own and I don't see it as being useful.

Anybody disagree and can come up with reasons to keep it?

What are your thoughts

We can use the like button.... if you are happy for me to remove the dislike option or you don't care if I do or not click like for this message.

If you want the dislike button to remain do not press the dislike button... post why you think it should remain?

You might want me to change the settings so dislikes list names the same way likes do.

What is your preference?

i agree. Even if i disagree with someone i have never used the dislike button because i consider it "rude' Smile

GarryB likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:46 pm

You should keep dislike button in current setting

Dislike button is used by people who want to disagree but don't want to start endless flame wars by writing full text reply (which let's face it, is what happens 80% of the time)

It definitely helped keep the forum cleaner than it would have been otherwise, I know I noticed the difference

Also if you add list of names on dislike button it would just help start flame wars more quickly than text reply would

And from what I can tell there is only one member who has meltdowns over dislike button which probably just motivates random people to dislike his posts for shits and giggles (textbook playground mentality)

Torching the whole forum just to shelter one thin skinned primadonna is kinda foolish, don't you think?

GarryB and franco like this post

sundoesntrise dislikes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:00 am

Thanks for the replies... interesting reading... note my thanks in these cases are thanking you for responding to my request for feedback and should not be taken to mean total agreement with what you are saying... Smile

Sometimes for clarity you need to post responses anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:26 am