Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Buying Agricultural Land In Russia

calripson

Buying Agricultural Land In Russia Empty Buying Agricultural Land In Russia

Post  calripson Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:05 am

Some posters have asked me about the possibility of a foreigner buying agricultural land in Russia. As you may know, agricultural land in Russia is dirt cheap (sorry for the pun). An acre of prime land in Krasnodar region sells for around $3,000. In more northern areas or in Siberia, land sells for $200 per acre. As a comparison, prime agricultural land in Poland sells for about $8,000. Under Russian law it is prohibited for a foreigner to own agricultural land directly...however, the foreigner can own a Russian company that in turn owns the land or the foreigner can lease the land with an option to buy in the future. If one obtains residency and eventual citizenship, the land is his or hers. I can help anyone interested in buying land. Just message me.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Buying Agricultural Land In Russia Empty Re: Buying Agricultural Land In Russia

Post  GarryB Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:17 pm

Cool... I will take the Crimea....  Twisted Evil

Obviously a caveat for a forum thread about buying something or that involves money transfer, I have never met any of you, but be aware of the possibility of scamming being an issue, not that I suspect Calripson of fraudulent intent, but sometimes with business deals situations and laws can change and innocent investors can get burned... I would think buying land in Russia is not the off the cuff investment you would use to speculate some extra money you might have lying around, and that you check everything you can before sending any money in any direction.

I appreciate one member is trying to help others but certainly do get legal advice and try to make sure there are backup plans that everyone knows about and are happy with.

Obviously let the buyer beware, you have no protection via this website so if things go wrong and money does not go through, don't expect this website to be able to help any of the parties involved.

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

calripson

Buying Agricultural Land In Russia Empty Crimea

Post  calripson Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 pm

GarryB wrote:Cool... I will take the Crimea....  Twisted Evil

Obviously a caveat for a forum thread about buying something or that involves money transfer, I have never met any of you, but be aware of the possibility of scamming being an issue, not that I suspect Calripson of fraudulent intent, but sometimes with business deals situations and laws can change and innocent investors can get burned... I would think buying land in Russia is not the off the cuff investment you would use to speculate some extra money you might have lying around, and that you check everything you can before sending any money in any direction.

I appreciate one member is trying to help others but certainly do get legal advice and try to make sure there are backup plans that everyone knows about and are happy with.

Obviously let the buyer beware, you have no protection via this website so if things go wrong and money does not go through, don't expect this website to be able to help any of the parties involved.

I actually know of land for sale in Crimea - it is one of the more suitable regions for agriculture - but I think any non-Russian would have to consider the potential legal issues in their home county that would come with buying land in Crimea. There a few notable people - English and American - who have videos on the internet about their lives in Russia as farmers. In those cases, they all eventually acquired Russian citizenship. I stayed at John Kopiski's place in Vladimir back in 2013. Back then he wasn't making any money and I took him for a romantic Russophile guy with a deep connection to Orthodoxy who was wealthy and who was subsidizing his farm/tourism business with his personal savings. Post sanctions, I think his operation has really expanded and become profitable.

I plan to retire to Russia after my kids are out of school and on their own. Having a Russian wife makes it easy. I think a nice 200 acre plot of land nestled in the Altai Mountains like Justus Walker sounds just about perfect.

GarryB likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:39 pm

The climate in the US is softer. But then there are other issues.

Things have gotten better in terms of crime in Russia after the 1990s super depression, but I would be careful about
    where to establish yourself.

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:42 am

If I would consider this, Stavropol or Krasnodar would be my first choices.
    Krasnodar is especially tempting, with a 2h drive to the Black Sea shore only.
    Some regions there can be easily mistaken for Toscany. The wine business is booming, and this is something I would like to do on my retirement.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 am