Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+99
The-thing-next-door
GarryB
flamming_python
higurashihougi
JohninMK
Sprut-B
teh_beard
TMA1
11E
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
auslander
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Backman
lyle6
Rodion_Romanovic
lancelot
Nomad5891
Scorpius
PhSt
Arrow
Tingsay
LMFS
owais.usmani
Tsavo Lion
Big_Gazza
Vann7
Aristide
jhelb
Hole
PapaDragon
Kimppis
Airman
yavar
BKP
franco
Odin of Ossetia
Benya
miketheterrible
NationalRus
kingodthequeens
Cowboy's daughter
KoTeMoRe
KiloGolf
sweartome123
max steel
Karl Haushofer
Osobist
VladimirSahin
Rodinazombie
bmtppk
Zivo
zg18
Svyatoslavich
Hannibal Barca
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Cucumber Khan
Solncepek
Rmf
Khepesh
victor1985
par far
Dima
alexZam
kvs
Regular
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kyo
AlfaT8
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
F-15E
Trexonian
calripson
George1
collegeboy16
sepheronx
Viktor
zino
gaurav
Sujoy
Werewolf
Cyberspec
Austin
gloriousfatherland
TheArmenian
TR1
SOC
ahmedfire
CommunistPower
Firebird
Russian Patriot
Pervius
Admin
RuStepan
Turk1
Vladislav
103 posters

Vladimir Putin Thread

Hole
    Hole

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Vladimir Putin Thread

Post  Hole Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:00 pm

So what? tongue

Big_Gazza, ALAMO and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Hole wrote:So what? tongue

And just make it clear all communications are gone afterwards and the US will shit itself.

At this point, US is painting itself into a corner with these tactics and rest of the world will just move on. They made it pretty clear that they don't give a shit about other countries sovereignty and they made that so blatantly obvious. Russians can turn around and declare same about their leadership, that they don't recognize them, and then cut communications.

Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Hole wrote:So what? tongue

They still think that the real world gives a shit about wet dreams of impotent they present there.

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:27 am

US politicians still trying to rule the world and appear relevant while their own country eats itself... Obivously the solution is tax cuts for the rich, print more money and sanctions on Putin and Russians for picking Putin.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Putin Undecided if He Will Run for President Again, 30/11/2021.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday that he has a right to run for another presidential term, and he has not yet made a decision.

Putin was asked if he plans to run for another term and what other goals he wants to achieve for Russia at the VTB Capital Investment Forum "Russia Calling!".

"I think my re-election is not Russia’s goal," Putin replied.

He added that US President Joe Biden, who states that he plans to run for the second term, made an "absolutely right" decision.

"As for my plans, the trick is that in accordance with the constitution I have the right to be elected for a new term. Whether I will do this or not, I have not decided for myself yet. But the very existence of this right already stabilizes the internal political situation," Putin said.

https://sputniknews.com/20211130/putin-undecided-if-he-will-run-for-president-again-1091143888.html
    owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:50 am

lol!

Big_Gazza and Rasisuki Nebia like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:42 pm

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Radio Svoboda (Liberty) is pathetically lying about Putin's support levels from a recent Levada Center poll.
    They are deliberately misinterpreting a question as to who people would vote for if they could put their
    preferred candidate on the ballot.  The metric includes the undecided in the total.  In February of 2014,
    Putin got 29% by this metric but today he has 32%.  None of the other choices even exceed 3%.  Back
    in 2014 the fraction of decided supporting Putin was 66%.  

This metric has to be translated into actual likely voting outcomes because the various choices are not
    going to participate.   So the support for Shoigu and other pro-Putin candidates has to be lumped together
    with Putin and the undecided cannot be figured into the support levels.  There is no "undecided" candidate.
    Radio Liberty pulls the stunt of mixing in actual polling results which are about 65% with this zero sum metric
    and claim his popularity has dropped by half.  It is like comparing apples and pork cutlets and claiming they
    are both fruit.

Radio Liars should worry about Biden's crashing support levels.   He won by fraud in 2020 and all the propaganda
    in his favour from the American fake stream media is failing to deliver.

Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:08 pm

So wait, his popularity is still over 60% then? Is this what is said?

I can't make heads over tails from this.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:58 am

miketheterrible wrote:So wait, his popularity is still over 60% then?  Is this what is said?

I can't make heads over tails from this.

Yes, his popularity is still in the mid 60s.  The figure repeated by Radio Liars is not even the popularity one.   It is some other
    metric.   If there was another election tomorrow, Putin would win in the first round with over 60% support.  

NATzO propaganda projects fantasy problems onto Russia to maintain its lie narratives.   So we have supposed discontent in
    the public and the youth.  This discontent does not exist.   And the vast majority of the opposition (loyal) to Putin is pro-Russian
    and not pro-NATzO.  

A funny detail from the Levada poll is that Nahalny's support has dropped to no more than 1%.

You can see a graph of Putin's popularity on the left hand side here:

https://www.levada.ru/en/

Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:41 am

That makes some funny perspectives.
    In Poland for example, a president with the highest-ever approval ratings, unmatched to any other who took the office before&after, was Kwasniewski.
    At a peak of his popularity, he was a happy owner of 78% approval.
    The others must enjoy a number oscillating around 50%, if lucky - usually it goes around 30-35% during the presidency.
    And they are not that bad, in some countries the ruling president "enjoys" approval rates below 20% Laughing
    Now compare that to 90% high and 60% low for Putin, who steers the country for 22 years Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    What a monster&dictator!!

GarryB, Big_Gazza and Arkanghelsk like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:05 pm

https://thesaker.is/putin-annual-press-conference/

I watched the whole thing, it is amazing how President Putin responds to each situation. He has a notepad and takes notes, he takes action and sees what is happening.
    calripson

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 26 Empty House of Cards

Post  calripson Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:42 pm

I watched the American series House of Cards starring alleged sex offender Kevin Spacey as the President of the United States. The Russian President modelled on Putin is "Petrov" - a diabolical figure who it is revealed killed his own people in an apartment bombing to invade Chechnya, gassed his own people in a theater to remove popularly elected governors, and kills his own troops in the Jordan Valley to undermine a US led peacekeeping mission. The series is also interesting given the cameos by "real" American journalists throughout the series - inadvertently proving the lack of distinction between Hollywood and American journalism. The power of media to influence culture and to literally program peoples' minds is on display. If you wonder why Western attitudes towards Russia are as they are, look no further than House of Cards.

par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Kiko like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:57 pm

I have been harping about this programming on various fora for years. I recall the same conditioning in TV and movies in the 1970s and 80s.
    It was there in full force in the 2000s. Russia is always under propaganda attack and obviously fictional entertainment is a viable medium
    to spread this propaganda. It is a sort of cult affirmation ritual. People get the propaganda narratives and stereotypes reinforced through
    repetition in every crack.

I consider this programming as substantial evidence that the west is a type of totalitarian toilet. So-called totalitarian Russia does not engage
    in this brainwashing of its public. I hear assorted morons go on about how Russians do not have freedom of information. Get f*cked,
    they have more independent and objective information than basically any westerner who is not searching for alt media sources.

GarryB, par far and Big_Gazza like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:08 pm

calripson wrote:I watched the American series House of Cards starring alleged sex offender Kevin Spacey as the President of the United States. The Russian President modelled on Putin is "Petrov" - a diabolical figure who it is revealed killed his own people in an apartment bombing to invade Chechnya, gassed his own people in a theater to remove popularly elected governors, and kills his own troops in the Jordan Valley to undermine a US led peacekeeping mission. The series is also interesting given the cameos by "real" American journalists throughout the series - inadvertently proving the lack of distinction between Hollywood and American journalism. The power of media to influence culture and to literally program peoples' minds is on display. If you wonder why Western attitudes towards Russia are as they are, look no further than House of Cards.

The only thing the "collective west" has left is propaganda, they have lost everything else.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

calripson

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 26 Empty Kadyrov

Post  calripson Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Interestingly, Kadyrov gave an interview essentially saying if he were in power, he would have annexed Ukraine long ago. He phrased it as if "he had received the order", but it can be taken as criticism of Putin for being too soft. He also stated that Ukrainians were "our people" .

GarryB likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:41 am

I would say he is detecting a harder line coming from Putin and thinks such things are OK to voice.

There are probably a lot of Ukrainians that think the same but they clearly have no power in the Ukraine.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:44 am

calripson wrote:Interestingly, Kadyrov gave an interview essentially saying if he were in power, he would have annexed Ukraine long ago. He phrased it as if "he had received the order", but it can be taken as criticism of Putin for being too soft. He also stated that Ukrainians were "our people" .

This is a naive stance. Trying to pacify a country with around 30 million people even if "only" 40% of them are opposed
    is not a rational choice. Taking out NATzO bases in Ukraine makes more sense if the objective is to prevent NATzO
    asset deployment.

The economic collapse of Banderastan is in progress and that is more effective than any invasion.

par far and lyle6 like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:33 pm

calripson wrote:Interestingly, Kadyrov gave an interview essentially saying if he were in power, he would have annexed Ukraine long ago. He phrased it as if "he had received the order", but it can be taken as criticism of Putin for being too soft. He also stated that Ukrainians were "our people" .

I saw the comment too.

from my viewpoint, Ukraine itself is not worth to put Russian Servicemen in harms way for.

The country is completely corrupt, the media created this atmosphere of anti-russia hysteria.
    Its economy is in shambles, infrastructure in complete disrepair.
    and going to take the responsibility for 40 million people that need to be fed?.

Russia has nothing to gain from claiming that failed nation.
    The U.S and EU wanted so desperatly claim ukraine with their Neo-nazi ukrainian henchmen and NATO advisers.
    Let them have the burdens of their failed foreign policy as well.

I feel symphathy for the ukrainians that want nothing to do with this power struggle.
    But things escalated in Ukraine way beyond any sort of resolution or recovery when Western Ukraine launched the civil war against eastern Ukraine.
    We all know who gave the green light for that,"**** the EU" Nuland and the U.S/NATO itself.

There has to be an solution enforced where the eastern ukrainian provinces gain independence from Ukraine.
    The eastern Ukrainians will never go back to Kiev control after all that has happened.
    But the problem is as long NATO/U.S props up the regime in Kiev and fans the flames of war, and the EU never reclaim's its balls from the U.S its purse...
    then this solution will never happen and it will remain an festering wound.

par far, kvs and Kiko like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:03 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:

I saw the comment too.

from my viewpoint, Ukraine itself is not worth to put Russian Servicemen in harms way for.

The country is completely corrupt, the media created this atmosphere of anti-russia hysteria.
    and going to take the responsibility for 40 million people that need to be fed?.

Russia has nothing to gain from claiming that failed nation.
    The U.S and EU wanted so desperatly claim ukraine with their Neo-nazi ukrainian henchmen and NATO advisers.
    Let them have the burdens of their failed foreign policy as well.

I feel symphathy for the ukrainians that want nothing to do with this power struggle.
    But things escalated in Ukraine way beyond any sort of resolution or recovery when Western Ukraine launched the civil war against eastern Ukraine.
    We all know who gave the green light for that,"**** the EU" Nuland and the U.S/NATO itself.

There has to be an solution enforced where the eastern ukrainian provinces gain independence from Ukraine.
    The eastern Ukrainians will never go back to Kiev control after all that has happened.
    But the problem is as long NATO/U.S props up the regime in Kiev and fans the flames of war, and the EU never reclaim's its balls from the U.S its purse...
    then this solution will never happen and it will remain an festering wound.

Very well said.

The one major problem I see Ukraine having is that, most of the young working people and women are going to leave in droves(if they have not done so).

The Ukrainian Defense Minister(I think it was him), said that if Russia invades(we all know this is bullshit), that 5 million Ukrainians will leave for the US.

Over on the Duran, they said that, this has nothing to do with a "Russian Invasion" but to do with 2 things.

1.) The Ukrainian economy is on it's last steps, there are lots of people that have left Ukraine already and they are trying to get their relatives out of Ukraine. And that another 4-5 million Ukrainians will head for the EU come this summer.

2.) The EU is being prepared for the massive refuge surge that is coming into the EU from multiple directions(the Duran commenters mentioned this will happen in the summer and the EU is doing nothing to prepare for it.) There will refuges from Africa, the Middle East, Afghanistan and Ukraine. The commenters on the Duran mentioned that this will be way bigger than in 2015.

So as we can see, that Ukraine will lose most of it's working population. All Russia needs to do is, just sit back and work hard on making their own country better.

kvs and owais.usmani like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:17 am

kvs wrote:
    This is a naive stance.   Trying to pacify a country with around 30 million people even if "only" 40% of them are opposed
    is not a rational choice.   Taking out NATzO bases in Ukraine makes more sense if the objective is to prevent NATzO
    asset deployment.  

The economic collapse of Banderastan is in progress and that is more effective than any invasion.
    Exactly. Kadyrov could be forgiven for his belief though, since his is the atypical subjugation campaign success story. Still, even if its only the 10 million Ukrainians that could pose a problem that's 10 times at least as much Chechens that Russia expended quite a long time and lots blood and treasure on. Not sure if the reunification juice is worth the squeeze...

kvs likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:39 am

Some Ukrainians maybe but definitely not enough otherwise there wouldn't be this mess

This is one of the reasons why Kadyrov is a governor and not commander in chief

Russia needs to let nature take its course which is what they are doing, smart folks

Hollydays are here, kick back, relax and enjoy the show while others do your job for you

par far likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:50 pm

To be fair, from his viewpoint being a former Soviet Republic and before that part of Russia, he probably sees Ukrainians as his brothers and just Russian with an accent.

If your brother has a gambling problem and loses his job and his wife leaves him and he ends up on the street do you pretend you don't know him and walk past him on the street.

The real problem is that he is still gambling because if he can just borrow some money he knows he can win it all back... do you give him a slap back to reality and put him in your guest room and get him tidied up and get him to go to job interviews and talk to his wife and kids and give up the dream of easy money and just realise that work is the best way to get money coming in and a stable lifestyle?

I agree with you though... that first slap on the street... might wake him up out of his dream... but equally could lead to a knife between your ribs too because somehow it is all your fault anyway... he was that sort of brother unfortunately.

I think on balance I would still try to help him, but with a stab proof vest... and make sure he has gambling and easy money out of his head before I started paying him to cut my lawn and helped organise a place for him to stay while he cleaned himself up and started looking for gainful employment...

Russia needs to let nature take its course which is what they are doing, smart folks

I agree... the last thing you do is corner a wounded animal with sharp claws and teeth... they can afford to wait it out... eventually a majority of Ukrainians will realise this isn't working and US solutions and EU solutions are not helping either.

Russia has not cut off their gas and has not gone out of their way to screw Kiev despite what Kiev has done to them... obviously I am biased but Russia is not the bad guy here.

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:58 pm

It is critical not to enable addicts. Russia invading Ukria to "save it" would be 100% counterproductive.
    Ukria has all the characteristics of an addict. It refuses to shape up and blames others for its problems.
    The object of addiction in Ukria is a bit fuzzy, but it involves obsession with its precious identity. This
    identity is based on stolen history (from Russia). The other part of this addiction is to "halava", the delusion
    of easy living on the gravy train. Ukrians really thought that they would join the EU and become rich, without
    any real effort, just by being a member of the club. Addiction does not just pertain to narcotics, alcohol and
    similar chemical dependency. It can be to any activity that triggers release of feelgood brain chemicals.
    One can be an addict to thieving and video gaming. Ukrians are addicted to grift and national chauvinism
    which are stimulating their dopamine.

Of course, there is a deeper pathology involved. Ukrians have a severe inadequacy complex vis a vis Russia.
    They project so much hate because Russians are supposed to be no better than them but have their shit
    together and are going places. This is why they steal Russia's history and try to claim that Moskals are
    some Finno-Ugric barbarians who moved in on their precious pure Slavic heartland. Seeing Ukrians who
    look like copies of Ceausescu spout this drivel takes the cake. Pure idiots more like it.

Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:37 am

Eventually they will realise the west is not going to help them and might make conciliations to Russia to see if they can come back...

I would say wait till that happens but before that happens they have to openly accept what they did and the damage they did and was done to them was from the west.

It should never go back to the way it was because the way it was was broken.

What it should go to is neighbourly relations with a country that culturally has a lot in common with each other... working together and developing together makes more sense that conflict and competition... especially meaningless conflict and meaningless competition.

The Ukraine has the potential to turn things around the way Russia has turned things around but they have a lot of work ahead of them and they need to recognise who their real friends are and who are using them for an ideological goal.

Some Ukrainians need to pay for what they have done however... this is not hugs and kisses and everything is forgiven... people murdering people because they wont stop speaking a particular language is a crime anywhere on the planet... especially when both groups of people are the same otherwise. This was not Ukrainians killing Russians, this was Ukrainians killing Ukrainians... their own attempt at genocide... removing history... rewriting history.

The part America played and the EU played in supporting this should not be ignored or forgotten either.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 am