Vladimir Putin Thread

George1

Re: Vladimir Putin Thread

Post  George1 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

Benya

Post  Benya on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Putin heads to Hungary to discuss economic ties, situation in Ukraine

According to the Kremlin press service, "advancing major joint projects in trade and economic sector and the strengthening of cultural and humanitarian ties" will be top on the agenda

MOSCOW, February 2. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit on Thursday Budapest for talks with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

Russian president’s aide Yuri Ushakov said Putin and Orban have already met six times, traditionally in February. He said the program of the current visit includes talks in a narrow format, talks with the participation of the delegations, a joint news conference and a lunch.

Russia’s minister of industry and trade, energy minister, minister of economic development, healthcare minister as well as the head of Rosatom state-run nuclear corporation will take part in the talks.

According to the Kremlin press service, "advancing major joint projects in trade and economic sector and the strengthening of cultural and humanitarian ties" will be top on the agenda.

Ushakov said that due to anti-Russian sanctions imposed over Ukraine and global instability, trade between the two countries declined by half, to $3.9 billion in January-November 2016.

A negative trend is also fixed in investment sector, last year mutual investment dropped by half. "This situation in economic cooperation causes concerns in Budapest and in Moscow, of course the sides are not satisfied with this state of affairs, and some measures to optimize trade-economic cooperation and investment cooperation will be considered and maybe charted," Ushakov said.

As for particular sectors, he said Hungary could join in the future the Nord Stream and TurkStream projects of Russia’s gas giant Gazprom. Speaking about cooperation in nuclear power industry, Ushakov said Hungary had pledged problems with the construction by Russia of new nuclear units at the Paks Nuclear Power Plant could be settled.

"The sides will continue boosting joint work in the energy sector and within this context we put much emphasis on the project to build two new nuclear power plant units at Paks, implemented by Rosatom. The project is estimated at 12 billion euro," he said.

Among other issues, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister of Hungary Viktor Orban will discuss deliveries of railcars to Egypt by a Russian-Hungarian company. "In particular, Russia and Hungary are planning now to implement large-scale supplies of railcars to Egypt. This issue will also be discussed," Ushakov said.

Production of buses and railcars, upgrade of rolling stock of the Budapest subway and cooperation in the field of pharmaceuticals will also be discussed by heads of states, Ushakov said.

Leaders of Russia and Hungary will also discuss settlement of the debt of bankrupt Malev airline to Russia’s Vnesheconombank, the official said.

The Russian president and the Hungarian prime minister will also focus on international problems, including the Middle East, Syria and Ukraine in view of the latest developments around Avdeevka.

According to the Kremlin aide, the two leaders will also exchange views on the European and global agenda. "In particular, issues related to restoring relations between Russia and the European Union (will be reviewed)," Ushakov elaborated. "Hungary has been playing a rather positive role in this connection," he said.

Source: Arrow http://tass.com/politics/928561

It is good that President Putin visits my country again, but let's not go personal.

The deal on the expansion Paks Nuclear Power Plant with 2 additional reactors is sealed, but I'm more anticipated about the talks about the situation in today's main conflict zones (Syria and Donbass).

Of course westernist/atlantist opponents of him are also present here. Liberal-leftist opposition in Budapest are planning an anti-Putin demonstration, and last time he visited us, our police caught a half-naked FEMEN activist protesting against him too (she was also an Ukrainian, no wonder  Very Happy ).
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 pm

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:24 am

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Odin of Ossetia

Inside Putin's Russia, Huge Inequalities

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Inside Putin's Russia, Huge Inequalities

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/inside-vladimir-putins-new-russia-9976578

I do not think such a situation can last for long.

Neutral

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 am

Hahahaha... you are posting the Mirror from the UK?

Ironic that a mirror shows your own reflection and this article is talking about what is happening to the west... rich getting richer and poor getting poorer...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:30 pm

has anyone posted about this? I'm curious about it!

Putin sacks ten generals

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/934657
    franco

Post  franco on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:has anyone posted about this? I'm curious about it!

Putin sacks ten generals

More:

In Russia, generals cannot retire or resign. They can only be dismissed by the President, but the reality of what has happened gets lost in the translation and/or the ignorance of the reporters.
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:41 pm

franco wrote:

Putin sacks ten generals

More:

In Russia, generals cannot retire or resign. They can only be dismissed by the President, but the reality of what has happened gets lost in the translation and/or the ignorance of the reporters.  

Every month or two there is a article like this. PUTIN SACKED 30 GENERALS. Something needs to attract clicks.
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 am

franco wrote:

Putin sacks ten generals

More:

Oh, okay, thanks y'all.
    George1

Post  George1 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:03 pm

BKP

Post  BKP on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:54 pm

I know, I know, some of you are probably going to be Buzz Killingtons and pooh-pooh this thing right up front. But, so far, I respect OS, and plan to watch. It looks all dramatic, anyhow.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:08 pm

Oliver Stone is one of the few Americans who is actually smart and knows what is going on. His show "History of America" was great. Oliver Stone is a brilliant man.
    BKP

Post  BKP on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 am

Agree. He's solid. He's one of the few I'd trust to have the personal integrity necessary for this project, as well as the directorial style to do justice to the compelling nature of the subject. Who else could do it? John Sayles, maybe? But, the fact is, Stone has way more cachet right now. So, in short, I can't think of anyone better to tackle this.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 am

Oliver Stone is the only US documentary maker AFAIK.

All the rest do infomercials for the US war department.

All other US documentaries talk about the evil backstabbing attack by japan on Pearl Harbour, but OS actually looked in to why they attacked. A US and British embargo on Japan because of its actions in China... pretty hypocritical from British point of view considering their treatment of china... but land of oppression are they.

when talking about the early period of WWII in Europe he mentioned that Stalin wanted an alliance with Poland, but Poland was not interested and was sucking up to Germany. He approached Britain and Britain said talk to Poland.

When Germany made an offer of half of Poland there were no better offers on the table from anyone so he took it.

He is the only American director I would bother watching a documentary from.

JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:10 pm

EDIT: Well looks like it had me. Mind you 'many a true word spoken in jest' is a good old English saying Smile

Simon Ostrovsky‏Verified account @SimonOstrovsky 37m37 minutes ago

Simon Ostrovsky Retweeted Has Avrat

Not the first one to say this but that's a photoshopped fake that was shown on Russian state TV

So who's the boss Motherf..ers?

See Angela?

Slogan words courtesy Grease, the movie.
    George1

Post  George1 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am

Putin Reveals His KGB Academy Code Name

Russian President Vladimir Putin has revealed his code name used during his Soviet KGB foreign intelligence academy education.

The Russian president said that his code name during the KGB academy education was "Platov," adding that he sees no reason to use code names now.

"As you know, I began my work from foreign intelligence service. Then I sometimes used technological pseudonyms. But now it's just ridiculous for me to use a pseudonym. Of course, I would not take any nickname [in social media]… By the way, it would be normal for everyone [not to use nicknames in social media]. Why hide behind a pseudonym?" Putin said speaking to children of the Sirius children’s center in Sochi on use of nicknames on social media accounts.

"When I studied in the intelligence school, I had a pseudonym 'Platov.' Everyone had pseudonyms, because the work presupposes a certain level of conspiracy," Putin said.

Putin added he does not have any accounts on social media networks.

Putin said he knows that there are some 5,000 social media accounts using his name. "I have nothing to do with any of them, just so it is clear to you and other users. It is not me writing under my name. I hope they say nothing bad, but either way it is not me," Putin said.

"It seems to me, if a person does something worthy, interesting, something that he can be proud of,… why hide behind a pseudonym?" Putin concluded.

In 1985-1990, the Russian president worked for the KGB in the Eastern German city of Dresden. According to him, he was doing foreign intelligence work.

In 2013, Putin provided a rare insight into 16 years of his work in the KGB. "It’s bad to eavesdrop," Putin smiled and told a meeting of the All-Russian People’s Front movement. "I learned this from my time in the KGB. [And] I gave it up."

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201707211055761419-putin-kgb-code-name/

George1

Post  George1 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 pm